As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Avengers! or why a Justice League film can't succeed!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    heeeeeeeeere we go

Is this where I outline my idea for my dream Bond movie (yes it is)

This only works on the premise that "James Bond 007" is the name and number given to the top 00 agent at any given time, and that when one dies or retires a new one takes his place, so each actor is actually portraying a separate character. Not only does this allow for the different faces and personalities but lack of aging over 50 years, in-universe it makes more sense than a spy telling everyone what his real name is.

Anyway, my idea was that Sean Connery would come out of retirement to play his Bond again, the first Bond, who is now a leader of a crime syndicate (or terrorist ring, or something). He's a bitter old man who's angry at MI6 for demanding so much of their promising young men before destroying their lives, and he's set out to destroy the agency. He's had all the training they have so he knows how to stay ahead of them and predict their moves, so Craig-Bond can't just punch his way to a solution. It would have a whole lot of revelations about MI6 and the nature of the 00 program and what happens to old cast-off spies.

It'll never happen because the studio has said they do not support the multiple agents hypothesis
    And even if it were made it would probably have to be the last Bond movie ever

At the end Connery offers Craig a choice

1. spare him and join his organization
    2. kill him and lead the organization and carry on Connery's mission of ending MI6
    3. kill him and remain in the MI6 fold

He's not trying to force or coerce Craig into picking any one choice because, says, Connery, it's a choice freely offered, which is more than MI6 ever gave Craig

I haven't yet decided which one Craig will pick

isn't it obvious?
    kill him and retire, let a new bond take over.

Oh jeez, how did I even forget that one
    That is probably the most likely one

mwah mwah

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The forum ate my post where I said that Penguin Incarnate liked the idea so I consider that my pass to say that if you don't like it you can suck it

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    grey ghost that is perhaps the ultimate bond pitch

• Options
    (Also while we're dreaming, The Protomen would do the theme song for it)

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    heeeeeeeeere we go

This only works on the premise that "James Bond 007" is the name and number given to the top 00 agent at any given time, and that when one dies or retires a new one takes his place, so each actor is actually portraying a separate character. Not only does this allow for the different faces and personalities but lack of aging over 50 years, in-universe it makes more sense than a spy telling everyone what his real name is.

Anyway, my idea was that Sean Connery would come out of retirement to play his Bond again, the first Bond, who is now a leader of a crime syndicate (or terrorist ring, or something). He's a bitter old man who's angry at MI6 for demanding so much of their promising young men before destroying their lives, and he's set out to destroy the agency. He's had all the training they have so he knows how to stay ahead of them and predict their moves, so Craig-Bond can't just punch his way to a solution. It would have a whole lot of revelations about MI6 and the nature of the 00 program and what happens to old cast-off spies.

It'll never happen because the studio has said they do not support the multiple agents hypothesis

2. kill him and lead the organization and carry on Connery's mission of ending MI6

He's not trying to force or coerce Craig into picking any one choice because, says, Connery, it's a choice freely offered, which is more than MI6 ever gave Craig

isn't it obvious?

mwah mwah

And it keeps the "new bond being hired" post-credits scene. Of course, that choice wouldn't be offered.

Never satisfies when the hero just takes one of the options on the table.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    heeeeeeeeere we go

isn't it obvious?

mwah mwah

And it keeps the "new bond being hired" post-credits scene. Of course, that choice wouldn't be offered.

Never satisfies when the hero just takes one of the options on the table.

exactly
    The forum ate my post where I said that Penguin Incarnate liked the idea so I consider that my pass to say that if you don't like it you can suck it

PI also thought Avengers was only okay and thought Dark Shadows looks interesting. No comment.
    (Also while we're dreaming, The Protomen would do the theme song for it)

I think you'll find that The Protomen will do the soundtrack for my dream transformers movie. decepticons get an act I metal sound, autobots get an act II joe style set of songs

Antimatter on
  • Options
    The pre-credits opening would start off like your typical Bond cold open but would wind up having Craig shut down and getting his ass handed to him at every turn because Connery doesn't fall into the typical villain pitfalls and monologues and such and invented half the techniques they teach current 00s

And Craig basically has to limp back to MI6 looking like a fool and has M fill him in on Bond Prime

• Options
    Also Timothy Dalton would be Connery's right-hand man, because I always felt Dalton was the angriest of the bunch and if anyone went rogue it would be him

And the events of Die Another Day were a hallucination Pierce Brosnan was having while he was being tortured by the North Koreans
    He never actually got out of there

• Options
    i love you so much GG

• Options
    PI also thought Avengers was only okay and thought Dark Shadows looks interesting. No comment.

Oof

• Options

Oof
    you know you're my bro

but you also know i will never resist any opportunity to take the wind out of someone's sails

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    dark shadows is "intersting" in the same way an infinitely repeating fractal will give the illusion of original creation

• Options
    I hate vampires, Johnny Depp, and Tim Burton and. . . I think it kind of looks good? Somehow? I'm as shocked as the next person!

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    The pre-credits opening would start off like your typical Bond cold open but would wind up having Craig shut down and getting his ass handed to him at every turn because Connery doesn't fall into the typical villain pitfalls and monologues and such and invented half the techniques they teach current 00s

And Craig basically has to limp back to MI6 looking like a fool and has M fill him in on Bond Prime

to actually make this work

have the pre-credits sequence only be like two minutes, tops

and no elaborate credits sequence

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    this idea is acceptable

• Options
    I feel like Roger Moore was the only Bond to get out with his faculties intact

he got old and retired and now he runs a fish and chip shop in Surrey

• Options
    are you talkin some shit about sean con

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    What about Bond girls?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    timothy dalton has also done pretty fucking wonderful work since he left the bond franchise

• Options
    every Bond girl comes back

even the dead ones

Bond bangs all of them in turn

• Options
    hey if i could go the rest of my life without hearing any jokes about how James Bond is a time lord that would be peachy fucking keen

• Options
    every Bond girl comes back

even the dead ones

Bond bangs all of them in turn
    yes

• Options
    also as for dalton being angry

they murdered his wife

i'd turn lazenby as an inside joke to the premiere

dalton should be crazy

moore should be a drill sgt for bonds because he's seen some shit

peter sellers is the new q

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    But wasn't there the whole thing about one Bond visiting another Bond's wife's grave or something? Doesn't that contradict the theory?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    timothy dalton was rad in hot fuzz

and chuck

• Options
    edited May 2012
    But wasn't there the whole thing about one Bond visiting another Bond's wife's grave or something? Doesn't that contradict the theory?

There are plenty of things that could contradict it
    I think I've seen this particular explained away as a professional courtesy
    There's no reason a Bond couldn't have been friends with his predecessor and mourned his loss

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I've also read a version where Craig is the only new James Bond

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »

wait what do you mean
    like the other 40 years of Bonding were all one guy and then Craig is the new one

• Options
    who was that sexy blonde chick in die another day

she was slammin

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    What about Jimmy Bond?!

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    also as for dalton being angry

they murdered his wife

i'd turn lazenby as an inside joke to the premiere

dalton should be crazy

moore should be a drill sgt for bonds because he's seen some shit

peter sellers is the new q

i like the idea of moore being completely out of it

like, he's old, he's retired, he spends all day pottering about in the garden or sitting on the porch in the sun and watching the girls go by

he strikes me as too essentially harmless for a sergeant. that's just me though.

also they should bring jaws back

• Options
    timothy dalton was rad in hot fuzz

and chuck

god Hot Fuzz is so good
    I'm about due for a re-watch

And production on The End of the World is starting later this year

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

There's no reason a Bond couldn't have been friends with his predecessor and mourned his loss

I can dig that.

Don't get me wrong, I love this theory/idea for a movie. TO DEATH

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

wait what do you mean
    like the other 40 years of Bonding were all one guy and then Craig is the new one

yes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    god, i can't remember who said it

i think it was grant morrison? but moore's bond had basically seen it all at that point, and he was so good at saving the world that he purposefully sabotaged himself just to keep it interesting for him

• Options
    Skull Man wrote: »
    who was that sexy blonde chick in die another day

she was slammin

Rosamund Pike?

• Options
    edited May 2012

wait what do you mean

the first forty years were a time where juan sanchez villa-lobos ramirez was bored and dicking around as a spy

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options

I can dig that.

Don't get me wrong, I love this theory/idea for a movie. TO DEATH

There's way more to contradict than to support probably, but I choose to ignore most of it

• Options
    god, i can't remember who said it

i think it was grant morrison? but moore's bond had basically seen it all at that point, and he was so good at saving the world that he purposefully sabotaged himself just to keep it interesting for him

I guess I can get behind this
    At the very least to try to justify why he spent the action climax of that one movie running around dressed as a sad clown

• Options
    nope sorry, clown climax owns bones

7656367.jpg
This discussion has been closed.