Options

Like the changes?

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Yes
    It'll take some getting used to, but I'm willing to roll with it.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yes
    Clicking your profile's "Agree" tab will still bring up all the Disagrees, no Agrees therein.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    No
    Let it be known that pee pee poo poo isoldae poo poo caw caw

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    No
    Anialos wrote: »
    Not sure I like the awesome post sub-forum going away, but I dig everything else.

that place was trash, and without the ability to rate things had no meaning.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yes
    What is this yes no business

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Yes
    Casual post that isn't just for a badge or anything nope

@Defender

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Yes
    Oh we have a disagree button?

BRB gotta go visit the Batman thread

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Yes
    Mars wrote: »
    you guys, there was already a ton of non-conversational shit rolling around

the forum before all the likes and dislikes had conversational masterpieces such as: limed for truth, empty quotes, "agreed," quotes +ftfy, quotes + "you win one internet!!" and other such nonsense

and there are a ton of posts that I don't feel like writing a full response to, or posts that really warrant the time to respond to that I'd like to acknowledge in some way, and this is another way of doing so

That stuff had already become practically non-existent, because we all realized that shit is just white noise. Now we're encouraging white noise?

I'm not claiming some doom-and-gloom, collapse of forum society thing. It's just intrusive, unnecessary, and annoying. Hide it away behind a "post options" tab if you really want to keep it, but as-is it's just useless clutter.

I'm not sure how hitting a like button is white noise. It doesn't even create a post, for one thing. And anyways, you'd think that it would eliminate the need to just post nonsense that adds nothing to a conversation when clicking a button would do the trick. Ideally. I'd sure frown a lot harder at people posting white noise now than I would have before this system was in place, anyways.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Yes
    Okay this whole Agree/Disagree thing is getting kind of weird with showing all the people's avatars and then the emoticons being so small you can hardly tell if they agreed or disagreed with you without hovering over. And then it has a global listing on your profile, and the forum gives you awards for Agreeing/Disagreeing a certain amount of time...

Oh Holy God. They've gameified the forums.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    No
    ronzo wrote: »
    Some of this stuff, like spacing issues, I expect will get fixed shortly

I actually like the new smaller quote/report/awesome buttons over the old ones, I just wish they were on the right side not taking up extra space

I wish they were static and not popup madness

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yes
    LIKE THIS POST AND GET 5000 KARMA

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Yes
    Very honestly, I do not care about the changes... I'll adjust to whatever.

But I like the idea of the agree/disagree function, so I am putting down a Yes. I reckon it should flatten threads and prevent inflammatory crap by eliminating the THIS, QFT, AGREED (or the LOL WUT, THIS IS DUMB) posts we get.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    No
    You can totally put mods on the Ignore list. Might want to change that.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Yes
    I will never get the photogenic achievement.

I refuse to change my avatar.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Yes
    oh it's the poll, duh

• Options
    No
    Isoldae wrote: »
    Let it be forever known that @Melding and @Eddy have hat-envy.

Remember that time i had more hats then everyone?

I envy no one for hats.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    No
    End wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Has anyone found a way to delete drafts?

turns out
    the old draft page is at the same url

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/drafts

@End thank you!

Have a point.

• Options
    Yes

@Defender

if this summons him I will infract you seven times

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yes
    I tried to change some of my contact info on my profile page, clicking save erased it all, everything on there.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    No

the forum before all the likes and dislikes had conversational masterpieces such as: limed for truth, empty quotes, "agreed," quotes +ftfy, quotes + "you win one internet!!" and other such nonsense

and there are a ton of posts that I don't feel like writing a full response to, or posts that really warrant the time to respond to that I'd like to acknowledge in some way, and this is another way of doing so

That stuff had already become practically non-existent, because we all realized that shit is just white noise. Now we're encouraging white noise?

I'm not claiming some doom-and-gloom, collapse of forum society thing. It's just intrusive, unnecessary, and annoying. Hide it away behind a "post options" tab if you really want to keep it, but as-is it's just useless clutter.

I'm not sure how hitting a like button is white noise. It doesn't even create a post, for one thing. And anyways, you'd think that it would eliminate the need to just post nonsense that adds nothing to a conversation when clicking a button would do the trick. Ideally. I'd sure frown a lot harder at people posting white noise now than I would have before this system was in place, anyways.

Its visual noise though.

Would it be possible for it to not increase the size of posts either? Or be able to turn off seeing them? And move the flag to a less obtrusive spot?

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    No
    uh

is the mod forum supposed to be publicly viewable

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    No
    Sooo I uploaded this avatar as a test because I couldn't see, and yeah - avatars animate on the agree/disagree.

I can easily see that being annoying as shit.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yes
    You can totally put mods on the Ignore list. Might want to change that.

The ultimate "YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME" in internet temper-tantruming.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    No
    Moriveth wrote: »

WOO! WOO! I am on the train!

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    No
    If you're composing a PM, your avatar is on top of the reply box, instead of next to it

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    No
    I'm a little torn.

I like some of the stuff, like stupid pointless cheevos.

And I dislike some of the stuff, like the added bloat underneath signatures.

I think I dislike a little more than I like though.

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Yes

@Defender

..shit.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Yes

You know what?

I really don't trust the achievement system. Encourages grinding stupid stuff.

Every time I think it over more, I agree more with @fishman. This is a bad idea.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Yes
    Melding wrote: »
    Anialos wrote: »
    Not sure I like the awesome post sub-forum going away, but I dig everything else.

that place was trash, and without the ability to rate things had no meaning.

Welp, it just reappeared...along with the Mod Forum! Now to figure out how to get my title/location to show back up....

• Options
    WarbleWarble Registered User regular
    Yes
    I think the badges are kind of cute, and i don't mind the star. Not sure about agree/disagree thing. So far seems alright?
    I'm p drunk though

• Options
    Yes
    Sooo I uploaded this avatar as a test because I couldn't see, and yeah - avatars animate on the agree/disagree.

I can easily see that being annoying as shit.

that avatar is annoying as shit when it's just an avatar and I'd advise changing it

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Yes
    Really the biggest complaint I have is just general slowness, and that's just some optimization away from being a non-issue no doubt.

Regardless, thanks for the hard word on coding, PA forums coder gurus! :)

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    No

Its visual noise though.

This.

The agree / disagree emotes are too small to actually see the expression, yet big enough to be a distraction. To be useful they would need to be larger, and then we've increased the visual noise problem.

Or, if the reply is "mouse over them to see agree / disagree" then maybe they could be shrunk?

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    No
    I can't help but feel that the points system and keeping track of agree/disagree will be bad. It's the kind of thing that people love to game. Check out reddit, where people post the same shit over and over again because they know it'll get them karma. I don't want to see the same thing happen here.

I like agree/disagree. But it shouldn't be permanent, you shouldn't be able to view how much you have total. It should just be on a post by post basis, if at all.

• Options
    No

@Defender

..shit.

You fools! the more you say his name the more likely he is to come!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Yes
    Moriveth wrote: »

See, and a bunch of people liked your post... and some disliked it.

Now, is this ironic liking/disliking? Probably! But will it always be?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    No
    Isoldae wrote: »
    I will never get the photogenic achievement.

I refuse to change my avatar.

I think you can just change it to the same thing. As a bonus, it will show up on the Activity page!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    No
    I assume that, regardless of general forum opinion, these changes are here to stay? After a bunch of people put in all this work, however retarded and unbelievably fucking stupid the finished product is, its probably staying.

With that in mind, can we at least have an option to turn off all this superfluous crap that surrounds all posts?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Where did the technical issues/awesome forums go?

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yes
    The new badges make me feel even sadder that my account got deleted back in the day, because I could have another year or two! On a real note, it is taking things longer to load and the mobile site is all manners of fucked.

oh and @Kuribo's Shoe I want you to know your new avatar is the cutest. Ever.