Options

Like the changes?

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Yes
    Yo seriously though someone explain to me how someone's gonna "grind" for these badges please so I can grind for these badges.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    No
    Badges? I think yes

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Yes
    BRT needs to figure out how to communicate solely through agreeing/disagreeing with posts.

It is morse code.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Yes
    I can't help but feel that the points system and keeping track of agree/disagree will be bad. It's the kind of thing that people love to game. Check out reddit, where people post the same shit over and over again because they know it'll get them karma. I don't want to see the same thing happen here.

I like agree/disagree. But it shouldn't be permanent, you shouldn't be able to view how much you have total. It should just be on a post by post basis, if at all.

well

we have a moderator staff for a reason

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Yes
    Isoldae wrote: »
    I will never get the photogenic achievement.

I refuse to change my avatar.

You could just upload the same avatar again.

See, pointless achievement grinding is an option!

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    No
    I just reuploaded my avatar so I could get some points and the Photogenic badge. This is a slippery slope.
    Wheeee!

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    No
    Where did the technical issues/awesome forums go?

try refreshing, they look like they're back now

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    No
    Henroid wrote: »
    You can totally put mods on the Ignore list. Might want to change that.

The ultimate "YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME" in internet temper-tantruming.

This would be especially funny on the don't post x after this post sort of moment. Who knows what the Moderator ordered people to do? You don't!

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yes
    And I guess the only other things I am curious about are how the level systems work and the badge system. Like shouldn't everyone have gotten the Combo Breaker badge today pretty much? But I notice many people who have 5+ badges all from today don't have it

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    No
    What is the difference between blue thread titles and blue titles that also have the blue highlight?

• Options
    Fantastication2Fantastication2 Registered User regular
    No
    Mars wrote: »
    you guys, there was already a ton of non-conversational shit rolling around

the forum before all the likes and dislikes had conversational masterpieces such as: limed for truth, empty quotes, "agreed," quotes +ftfy, quotes + "you win one internet!!" and other such nonsense

and there are a ton of posts that I don't feel like writing a full response to, or posts that really warrant the time to respond to that I'd like to acknowledge in some way, and this is another way of doing so

That stuff had already become practically non-existent, because we all realized that shit is just white noise. Now we're encouraging white noise?

I'm not claiming some doom-and-gloom, collapse of forum society thing. It's just intrusive, unnecessary, and annoying. Hide it away behind a "post options" tab if you really want to keep it, but as-is it's just useless clutter.

I'm not sure how hitting a like button is white noise. It doesn't even create a post, for one thing. And anyways, you'd think that it would eliminate the need to just post nonsense that adds nothing to a conversation when clicking a button would do the trick. Ideally. I'd sure frown a lot harder at people posting white noise now than I would have before this system was in place, anyways.

It adds a bunch of non-white noise too, like that giant row of animated avatars that grows under posts and makes them super long vertically.

The noise you mentioned might have been one per page and was easy to skip since it was concentrated, all the rest of the crap that's been added now integrates that noise into every single post.

The more I've been reading, the more I'm disliking it. That said, I'm sure we can cull the crap with Stylish when everything is finalised, so it's not the end of the world, but I still don't think it's an improvement by any stretch.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yes
    Yeah the level system is kind of a mystery

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    No
    Arteen wrote: »
    I just reuploaded my avatar so I could get some points and the Photogenic badge. This is a slippery slope.
    Wheeee!

This is probably one of the reasons that the mods did not provide a complete list of badges.

"Imma farm that one!"

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Yes
    I like the changes, except for the fact that things seem to be running slower. But polls! Return of the forum battles!!!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    No
    Wait is there a list of badges?

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    No
    The subforums are called Child Categories now?

also dear god the whos online map

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    No
    BRT is a mad man!

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Yes
    I think I like the new stuff

but I dunno

change is scary

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    No
    Tox wrote: »
    Wait is there a list of badges?

Not that I have found, no.

If you find one please link it.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yes
    Barcardi wrote: »
    The subforums are called Child Categories now?

also dear god the whos online map
    They've been called that ever since the change over to the Vanilla software.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    No
    Welp time to get some cheevos.

Yo @a5ehren wassup?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    No
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I was wondering who was going to make this joke on tinychat. I'm glad it was you, Chico.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Yes
    In an ironic turn, BRT's agreeing with that post has given me a badge for 5 agrees.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    No
    how do you even get levels? this is confusing.

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Yes
    Basically the badges right now that people are scared users are gonna farm:

Post badges - because people don't post a shitload
    Anniversary badges - can't farm
    Namedrop - oh no someone tagged someone in one of their posts once so obstructive to my foruming experience
    Photogenic - See above
    Getting a lot of agrees - More funny/interesting posts I guess

?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Yes
    :winky:

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    No
    once the forum stops pretending i'm on a 56k modem then maybe i'll enjoy the changes

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    No
    I dunno how I feel about keeping track of agrees/disagrees made on your posts

mostly selfishly because I predict after a few months with this system I'm just gonna have seven hundred dislikes and a handful of likes and that's kind of a downer

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yes
    Alright, I'm forming a party. Were going to go outside the forums for a bit and kill low level lurkers for XP. Whos with me?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    No
    Welp looks like the title doesn't wrap to fit the avatar space.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yes
    Melding wrote: »
    how do you even get levels? this is confusing.

You have to find the forumers with a ! over their head to get quests.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Yes
    _J_ wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »
    Wheeee!

This is probably one of the reasons that the mods did not provide a complete list of badges.

"Imma farm that one!"

Which just means the list will be assembled independently. Just looking finds a half dozen grindables, some of which actively beg for abuse.

System isn't workable. At best it's noise. Don't want to think about at worst.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Yes
    so I'm gonna have to let the dream die and play a game of league with my friends instead of keeping up with this thread

I want you all to know my liked and dislikes were the product of love and care peace out

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    No
    BRT is going to be the first to discover if you can be infracted for agreeing and/or lose your agree button.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Yes
    Mars wrote: »
    you guys, there was already a ton of non-conversational shit rolling around

the forum before all the likes and dislikes had conversational masterpieces such as: limed for truth, empty quotes, "agreed," quotes +ftfy, quotes + "you win one internet!!" and other such nonsense

and there are a ton of posts that I don't feel like writing a full response to, or posts that really warrant the time to respond to that I'd like to acknowledge in some way, and this is another way of doing so

That stuff had already become practically non-existent, because we all realized that shit is just white noise. Now we're encouraging white noise?

I'm not claiming some doom-and-gloom, collapse of forum society thing. It's just intrusive, unnecessary, and annoying. Hide it away behind a "post options" tab if you really want to keep it, but as-is it's just useless clutter.

I'm not sure how hitting a like button is white noise. It doesn't even create a post, for one thing. And anyways, you'd think that it would eliminate the need to just post nonsense that adds nothing to a conversation when clicking a button would do the trick. Ideally. I'd sure frown a lot harder at people posting white noise now than I would have before this system was in place, anyways.

It adds a bunch of non-white noise too, like that giant row of animated avatars that grows under posts and makes them super long vertically.

The noise you mentioned might have been one per page and was easy to skip since it was concentrated, all the rest of the crap that's been added now integrates that noise into every single post.

The more I've been reading, the more I'm disliking it. That said, I'm sure we can cull the crap with Stylish when everything is finalised, so it's not the end of the world, but I still don't think it's an improvement by any stretch.

Yeah, I'm not big on the wall of avatars. I have a feeling that complaint is going to get voiced a fair number of times.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Yes
    Is there a way to see what Cheevos are available? I can see what I've got but not what all the options are.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    No
    @Melding I think rank is based on badges. I'm not sure.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    No
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I dunno how I feel about keeping track of agrees/disagrees made on your posts

mostly selfishly because I predict after a few months with this system I'm just gonna have seven hundred dislikes and a handful of likes and that's kind of a downer

if i cared more i would offer to like your posts. But i don't. I'm trying to figure out how levels work instead.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    No
    Basically the badges right now that people are scared users are gonna farm:

Post badges - because people don't post a shitload
    Anniversary badges - can't farm
    Namedrop - oh no someone tagged someone in one of their posts once so obstructive to my foruming experience
    Photogenic - See above
    Getting a lot of agrees - More funny/interesting posts I guess

?

I got the namedrop one for quoting someone that had dropped an @namedrop