Options

The [Phall]ympic Games! - Cheater Victory!

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Then no one.

Except Vagrant.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Also I think it is funny that you didn't include him in your list

• Options
    I didn't make the list :P

• Options
    And he is on the list!

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Let's see here, getting things mixed up a little and arriving at the conclusion that archery was the first event is new info how? Especially, when the two events that I thought were listed in today's narration.

Also orange soda quoted the part of the narration that mentions the drug testing, so again how is that new info that could only be gleamed by networking as mafia?

Anialos is our best lead because the only people networked enough on day one to spot moles without working with a mole is mafia. Now unless our team has a mole, which I kind of doubt, no one should have known that MrT was on our team. Now if Anialos isn't mafia, he'd do well to out whoever it was on our board that told him MrT was a mole.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    You either got a power and definitely don't have a mole, or you have a mole, there's no doubting.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    I don't suppose V_W would be kind enough to keep a Team Infidel guy from getting voted out? Nah, didn't think so. Doesn't matter who I claim gave me the info, it still boils down to a mole and an information hoarder hanging me for getting information. You all have fun with that.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Anialos will dealt with by the Orokosian Narcotics Agency,

However, as the fastest pony on Team Infi, I was quick to notice Mill's slip up regarding the events today. What's the deal with that?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Even tho' I luv his av -
    Goosey!
    Mill

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    I don't suppose V_W would be kind enough to keep a Team Infidel guy from getting voted out? Nah, didn't think so. Doesn't matter who I claim gave me the info, it still boils down to a mole and an information hoarder hanging me for getting information. You all have fun with that.

you do realize V_W isn't the only person that matters. So the rest of the class may care, even if Team B:L does not.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    You either got a power and definitely don't have a mole, or you have a mole, there's no doubting.

This is incorrect.

• Options
    You only get the power if all players on you team post. There's a reason why I and others from this team were prodding people to post on the proboard for their team. Guess whose team got screwed by that?

• Options

This sounds like typical mafia nonchalance.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

OR YA HAD INACTIVE POSTERS DUE TO, AGAIN, TIMEZONES AND INACTIVITY

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »

you do realize V_W isn't the only person that matters. So the rest of the class may care, even if Team B:L does not.

The rest of the class may then be interested that the fellow I voted for above is my source.

• Options

The rest of the class may then be interested that the fellow I voted for above is my source.

Then why did you ask V_W whether he would be willing to speak up for you?

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »

This is incorrect.

this seems to be an issue of semantics. what's your definition of a mole?

• Options

This is incorrect.

this seems to be an issue of semantics. what's your definition of a mole?

OR YA HAD INACTIVE POSTERS DUE TO, AGAIN, TIMEZONES AND INACTIVITY

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I'm not sure how you all are confused about what Mill was reading.

i'm really not.

Cause reading the narration sure as hell sounds to me like something happened with the schedule of events. Either the schedule that was originally put up was incorrect, or somebody used an ability to fiddle with the event order or something.

I'm just going by narration and inferring stuff at the moment.

But if I were a cheater and I wanted to screw some people who were competing in an event then I might think about changing the day of competition. Get into the athlete's heads. let them think they have 4 days to get ready but then make it so they have to compete in 2 days time.

I checked the post in the Op with the copy of the schedule that I have down, and they match.

That being said, I can definitely see where Mill was coming from in his initial thoughts.

Also, shut up.

• Options

Then why did you ask V_W whether he would be willing to speak up for you?

Because that seems to be the only person you would accept as providing me that knowledge so quickly, how dare I not ask him to save me out of the goodness of his heart. Oh, wait, because he wouldn't anyways.

• Options
    Not to sound whiny, but last 3/4 games I've been day 2'd. Making a simple mistake with getting things mixed up is a pretty shitty reason to vote someone out. I kind assumed that the day one narration would mention the days events instead of being expected to go back to page one to see what they are if you aren't competing that day. I don't recall seeing mention of getting a PM on days that I'm competing.

• Options
    But if you didn't get the information from him, then he obviously wouldn't save you. Because to do so he would need to lie.

You made it sound like he was the one that gave you the information, but then you thought better of it.

Truth is, I would accept any other name as a potential mafia leak. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to kill you first if they denied giving you that information, but it's still good to have in case you come up clean.

• Options
    Also, it's a bit coincidental that the guy you're claiming sold you the info is also the guy with the competing bandwagon.

• Options
    Re: Mill

I don't know whether I'm more confused about where the apparent new schedule came from (can anyone confirm that the schedule has changed?) or Ahava's defense of him.

• Options
    But if you didn't get the information from him, then he obviously wouldn't save you. Because to do so he would need to lie.

You made it sound like he was the one that gave you the information, but then you thought better of it.

Truth is, I would accept any other name as a potential mafia leak. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to kill you first if they denied giving you that information, but it's still good to have in case you come up clean.

Well that's nice to know. Some people do have honor in this game. Sorta. Maybe. Still sticking with Mill. I think I'm near the end of the Archery competition, lets double check that schedule shall we?

• Options

I don't know whether I'm more confused about where the apparent new schedule came from (can anyone confirm that the schedule has changed?) or Ahava's defense of him.

Ahava knows what's up.

shut up.

• Options
    It's the first paragraph of day 1 narration. I'd quote it again but people missed it last time I quoted it.

Also who is Anialos claiming as his source? Guy above me seems pretty useless in a game where you can't edit posts and there's a chance someone gets a word in before said post.

• Options
    Guy he voted for is you, Mill.

I think he's being as vague as possible so that people who aren't really paying attention will miss it.

I could be wrong.

• Options
    So, this Mill BW is 'cuz of a possible mistake on his part.
    Man, I've been there.
    Now, I look bad & should feel bad. :?

• Options
    Yeah, if he is implying I"m his source, then that BS. I'm left to make three conclusions. 1) He is really bad at playing mafia because I was going to call BS on the claim and when I turn up green, he dies to the vote. 2) He's buying time, he knows that he'll eat the vote either today or tomorrow but if he lives till tomorrow that gives him a chance to influence the game in favor of the mafia. 3) He is a terrible villager who won't out his source but would rather shift the vote onto someone else, who could be villager, thus increasing the chances that we get two days of voting that eat villagers.

The fact that we can't edit posts supports conclusion number 2. I'd also suggest that team Infidel put whoever suggested keeping Anialos alive under heavy scrutiny. If it's just one peep, said peep might be a better candidate for your tests than Anialos. Hell, I'd be a better candidate but that might be confined to just your team.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

It's so comforting to know that you actually read my full post.

In which I clearly said that according to my notes, there had been no actual schedule change that I could tell.

In which post I also stated that it was at first rather confusing based upon the narration and what I (and apparently) Mill inferred upon reading the narration. While reading and also thinking about possible mafia available powers that could cause the most havoc and result in 'cheating'.

You know, what some people call doing two things at once.

• Options
    I did read your full post.

Mill thought that another event was today. Not from narration, but from god-knows-where (hence my confusion as to where his mistake came from). What came from narration, in Mill's post, was the drug test thing, which was another thing that people brought up that was weird about his post.

Your defense of him was weird because you switched what part of Mill's strangeness came from narration and which part came from who-knows-where.

And just because you claim that the schedule has not changed does not make it so.

• Options
    BTW, the following people are currently lurking the forums. By that, I mean that they has a "last active" timestamp of at least 1:45 (about the time when Anialos changed from talking like he was doomed and that nothing he could say would stop the hivemind to giving up Mill) but are not posting here or in any other forum. If he does turn up mafia, one or more of these people were likely around to talk to him.

premium
    Kilnaga
    Diorinix
    romanqwerty
    T_A
    Farangu
    warban
    Baidol
    Matev

• Options
    have* goddamit

• Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    I did read your full post.

Mill thought that another event was today. Not from narration, but from god-knows-where (hence my confusion as to where his mistake came from). What came from narration, in Mill's post, was the drug test thing, which was another thing that people brought up that was weird about his post.

Your defense of him was weird because you switched what part of Mill's strangeness came from narration and which part came from who-knows-where.

And just because you claim that the schedule has not changed does not make it so.

Specifically, I brought up the drug test being a weird thing to mention because I hadn't heard anything about it yet.

Then I realized that I never actually read the narration and only skipped to the results. Sorry about that, but without editing posts, this kind of stuff can get confusing.

Basically, I didn't get approved for my board last time I checked the thread (a few hours before vote close), so when I came back to check results/see if I was approved I got flooded with:

Thread to catch up on
    Drama going on in my team's board about spy's
    Some mole something or other
    Suspicions of mafia from some pre-game/soft networking stuff
    and then on top of that ... just as I am trying to get caught up on everything... mills starts posting nonsense in the thread...

After that I went back to the OP (Found the schedule) and then read the narration and found what could have been the part that he was getting drug testing from (but then also warban started posting about his teams power, which seemed like where that part of the narration could have come from... also where is the mafia kill? Maybe their ability was just to fuck with the schedule... and in which case... why is the schedule that important? What part of events being done days earlier or later would matter?)

So yah... in short, I still have no idea if all his weirdness came from the narration or elsewhere. But I just got to say this:

If you aren't mafia, mills, this is what you get for posting something USELESS right after narration! Remember the last couple games where we have been killing people for doing that? Its just not helpful to the village or factions or whatever to post about the narration (uselessly) so close to narration closing. It just screams "I'm trying to be helpful while not really being helpful". In this case all you ended up doing was sew a large amount of confusion in the thread and effectively create a distraction away from ani.

I just don't understand the urge to post about such things right after narration.... especially when you have a faction page you could be theorizing on or w.e.

So basically what I am trying to say is, mafia or village in any game... people... please stop making useless posts after narration.... all it does is waste everyone's time! And the fact that the last couple games these people have been village, it is just giving the mafia another place to hide in plain sight.

So I am keeping my vote on you for 4 reasons:

1) Warban said ani is being taken care of internally
    2) Your post screamed mafia at me. More so than the last two games where I have voted for people after narration for doing the same thing that you did.
    3) You aren't part of my faction
    4) You posted something useless after narration. I don't like encouraging this behavior.

• Options
    Or those people leave their forum pages open when they're not around like I do often.

And they haven't figured out invisible mode.

• Options
    Place useless post here.

• Options
    Or those people leave their forum pages open when they're not around like I do often.

And they haven't figured out invisible mode.

Yah, what ahava said. I am listed as invisible ALWAYS. I was told to do this by my roommate on the first phalla game that I ever played. There is too much drama that comes up from "oh this person was online during such and such" or "you didn't PM me back quick enough even though you were listed as online.... you must have had to talk to your mafia cohorts first"....

I wouldn't hold much stock in the who was online bit.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure playing against your win condition would not be something that Infidel would advocate.
    Spectrum 5 ring a bell?

• Options
    stever777 wrote: »
    Place useless post here.

Useless posts are fine stever, just not right after narration!
    I judge everyone's potential mafia-ness on the uselessness of their posts. You either kill mafia or you kill people that aren't trying to keep useful discussion in the thread. Eventually maybe we can classically condition all phalla players to discuss and analyze more in the thread.

p.s. Your Mafia index, Stever777, has increased by 1