As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Panda Thread of Mystery

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    that's super exciting for me, so now I can just farm the shit out of JP and buy all the VP stuff I didn't get from my break from wow.

But won't better gear be available in pandaland? Id suggest to save em for the inevitable blue gear for justice points.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I haven't seen if they changed it but JP gear in MoP, at least in a recent beta build, was idiotic.

I think it required rep, but it was also ilvl 450 which is 13ilvls below heroic gear.

If I'm remembering right, I'm gonna be spending most of my JP in the first tier of MoP buying heirlooms or trading for honor for pvp gear or something.

Maybe just buy old shit I dunno.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    that's super exciting for me, so now I can just farm the shit out of JP and buy all the VP stuff I didn't get from my break from wow.

But won't better gear be available in pandaland? Id suggest to save em for the inevitable blue gear for justice points.

It will, I think Jade Forest quests give ilevel 372 and 384 greens, so nothing spectacular, but if you want to ease the transition, having more gear isn't the worst thing in the world.

Also, though they haven't really stated it in their blog post, I assume that once Mists is in, Justice will have a hard cap again, so if you plan on playing between 5.0 and Mists release, you'll have to use some of it, or lose it.

• Options
    I haven't seen if they changed it but JP gear in MoP, at least in a recent beta build, was idiotic.

I think it required rep, but it was also ilvl 450 which is 13ilvls below heroic gear.

If I'm remembering right, I'm gonna be spending most of my JP in the first tier of MoP buying heirlooms or trading for honor for pvp gear or something.

Maybe just buy old shit I dunno.

Yeah, I don't know if they're trying to phase it out or what, but JP is pretty irrelevant in Mists as it stands.

• Options
    Actually, most of the current season pvp gear looks pretty rad. I'll probably just convert all my jp to hp on classes that have awesome sets like the pally one, and just use them for transmog.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Man, I was hoping for gold conversion. I've still got tons of valor sitting around, and very few buyers of BoE gear.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Fatty-McPhatFatty-McPhat Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Also, though they haven't really stated it in their blog post, I assume that once Mists is in, Justice will have a hard cap again, so if you plan on playing between 5.0 and Mists release, you'll have to use some of it, or lose it.

I could have swore they said that this was the case a while ago (and I think they even posted you'd get so many silver per jp over the cap), but a blue just posted here that JP and Honor will have no cap in 5.0, and from the rest of the post it doesn't look like they will have a cap after that either.

• Options

I could have swore they said that this was the case a while ago (and I think they even posted you'd get so many silver per jp over the cap), but a blue just posted here that JP and Honor will have no cap in 5.0, and from the rest of the post it doesn't look like they will have a cap after that either.
    With Patch 5.0.4 on August 28

-Neither of the resultant currencies (Justice and Honor) will have an enforced hard-cap at this time.

Bolded why I think the removal of the hard cap is temporary, since they seem to be pretty specific about the new rules regarding JP/HP is specifically referring to 5.0. I'm sure there'll be clarification once the post is more than a few hours old, though.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yeah, after I posted I recalled how on several of my characters they were capped going from 80-85 and I'd have to buy random crap to not go over from doing dungeons on the way there since you couldn't buy 85 gear till 85.

That was a real annoyance of mine but then the other two is how the game forces you to do the quests and drown in greens in order to do a dungeon also how little Jp you get if you have someone start from fresh into 85

• Options
    edited August 2012
    So LFR still has an interesting "feature" in that, if you get into a LFR but someone starts the fight before you can zone in, not only can you not participate in the fight (can't zone in) but you can't roll on loot and it counts for you as having done that boss for the week. EDIT: Even if you leave the party.

Awesome.

That had happened to me on my DK the very first week of LFR, and I put in a ticket about it and back then they said they were aware of the problem, couldn't fix it for me then, but were working on fixing it in the game.

Apparently that never happened.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Not related to anything; I wonder what they're going to do about polearms in MoP?

With Hunters not needing them anymore, are they going to leave them purely an agi stick for druids and no one else? Will plate wearers start getting STR polearms again? Will Titans Grip be updated to use Polearms?

At this point there are two weapon types that are going to be exclusive to a single class each (polearms = druid, ranged = hunter). Is there any other weapon type that is that way?

• Options
    Polearms are now just a druid weapon? I got on my worgen warrior and two death knights que'd again and were fighting about the polearm that dropped in the last ramparts run. It drops again and the healer takes it where both of them now turn thier furstration upon them

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Polearms are usable by Monks (and technically warriors and paladins, but there won't be any str polearms so they might as well not be able to use them), so only Ranged weapons are unique.

Opty on
  • Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    My friend has mostly convinced me to get back into WoW for at least 1-2 months for the Kung-Fu Panda expan launch. We'll most likely be pairing up to level Monks together and/or Challenge modes. I'll have to see from there I guess. As I have no interest in raiding heavily anymore, and LFR would make me bored/tearing hair out at all the idiots I'm with. And who cares about welfare epics then if all you'll use them for is dailies or more braindead LFR.

• Options
    God damn that was the worst LFR I have ever been it
    People would greif the whole raid for kicking people from the same realm/guild or winning tokens
    I would have won the glove token on my rogue but alas I dealt with the secert behind the scenes roll off and roll like crap for the other two

Yeah I wish the Lfr was really 25 people fighting the 10 man content instead of the face roll for loot

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

Yeah, on my main that might be what I do. I was more referring to the 7 alts I have that don't have great gear and need VP gear.

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    I'm still a bit dismayed that the VP vendors require faction rep. I know it's "only" revered but damn, most of my alts I level through the dungeon finder. Getting to revered is essentially a long trek out of my way on any given alt.

From the look of it though equal ilevel gear is available from the first raid so maybe the vp gear will be easily bypassable.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    Apparently they added a rep tabard for the new panda faction for Alliance/Horde in the last beta patch. I guess I'll run some BC heroics for fast rep between the patch and expansion.

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Aren't BC heroics still tied with their respected factions so one can't actually do that?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    You actually get rep for both the associated faction and your city tabard now, and since they are "heroic," it's 15 rep for small dudes, 30 for big dudes, and 300 per boss. Since you can clear, say Mechanar in less than 10 minutes, the rep is pretty sweet. I think they changed this in 4.2 when they did a huge pass on dungeon quests in BC and Wrath.

If you want to go crazy, I think Underbog gives Cenarion Expedition, Tabard and Sporeggar rep now.

Samphis on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Agi daggers are also essentially one class specific. I'm assuming DW monks want 'slow' 1H weapons.

• Options
    Pretty sure weapon speed won't matter in Mists. I think there was a blue post about that.

• Options
    the whole weapons are now all X speed and a few other things just smacks of lazy programing

Yes be forwarned BC dungeons just give you the faction rep for whatever the quests or rep is outside

I will probally buy the heriloom hammers for my monk since I don't feel like playing a healer or tank with them

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Wait, all weapons have the same speed now? Bwah?

• Options
    No daggers are 1.8 one handed are 2.8 I think two handers are 3.5

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Has there been talk of any new 85-90 heirlooms?

• Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular

Heirloom legs you get from a guild achievement (and I assume an appropriately leveled guild)

That is all I could see

• Options
    Kinda dislike how they don't put up the "We will be performing scheduled maintenance" message up until it actually begins.

• Options
    Keysier wrote: »

Heirloom legs you get from a guild achievement (and I assume an appropriately leveled guild)

That is all I could see
    The heriloom legs come from the New Working as a Team guild achievement

• Options
    Kinda dislike how they don't put up the "We will be performing scheduled maintenance" message up until it actually begins.

I go look at the wow forums for when it goes down
    rarely do they ever change thier minds

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Heh. 10-hour system maintenance is Blizzard's way of saying, "Hey, why not try that GW2 stress test ?"

• Options
    Worst part is: when servers are down, I usually gravitate towards the most recent single-player game I was immersed in, which would be Diablo 3.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    When the servers are down i usually just paint something and take the trash out

• Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    I play World of Tanks!

• Options
    EU is getting a sale on WoW:
    Prepare for Pandaria with epic savings! This week only, you can get the World of Warcraft Battle Chest for €5 (£4 GBP), Wrath of the Lich King for €5 (£4 GBP), and Cataclysm for €10 (£8 GBP) when you buy directly from Blizzard. That’s up to 75% off the regular prices, making this a great time to set yourself up for the imminent launch of Mists of Pandaria... or to invite a friend to join you in Azeroth.

Hurry, this offer ends August 27, 2012.

No word on the US; but it's a cheap way to get into the game atm, at least for European players.

• Options
    I'm a little surprised the Battle Chest as it stands doesn't include Wrath

• Options
    Maybe they printed several boat loads over the years

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Or they could just do what SOE does and roll all previous expansions into the latest one.

Isn't the game getting to the point where that's the only reasonable thing to do now? Are they going to wait until they are 9 expansions in?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Arthil wrote: »
    Or they could just do what SOE does and roll all previous expansions into the latest one.

Isn't the game getting to the point where that's the only reasonable thing to do now? Are they going to wait until they are 9 expansions in?

If people keep buying them, they're not gonna ever roll them together.

I mean, if Blizzard put out xpacks at the rate SOE did/does then I think maybe they'd be rolling them together quicker (they've at least rolled TBC into the base game, I imagine before the next one WotLK will be too); plus if SOE had the sheer number of current, past, and prospective players that WoW has, they might not be so quick to roll all their xpacks into the base game.

Either way, it's all about the $$$ here.

This discussion has been closed.