As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I got my MBA from [WH40k] Also, Drunkhammer besthammer.

• Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    They redone the p3 metals in black label pots and are much better. Brass balls is fantastic!

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Chrysis

First link to my battle scribe game system. As I said I did a little tweaking for HP, should work for any of the catalogues though.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44935942/Warhammer 40k.gst

You need this to use my catalogue I guess. I hope it is working. Let me know if you see major issues. I found one, lord was listed at 60 not 65 base. So go ahead and grab the newer catalog here.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44935942/Chaos 6th ed.cat

There we go, having the game system did the trick. I'll have a play around and see if I spot anything wonky.

@Mazzyx

Spotted the first wonky thing. Veterans of the Long War is spelt wrong ("Vetrans") for the Dark Apostle, Chaos Lord and Sorcerer. Also the Warpsmith can take it as many times as he wants where it should just be a check box.

You have Noise Marines being allowed to take one Blast Master (and only one) no matter what the size of the unit is. It should be 1 per 10, so 10+ is 1 Blastmaster and 20 is 2 Blastmasters.

Cultists are also broken. They throw up an error when you add Weapon Carriers no matter how big the unit is. The unit is also capped at 30 instead of 35. And for extra fun, the exchange of Autopistol for Autogun shouldn't be all or nothing, the squad can be half and half according to the codex.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    We interviewed artist Adrian Smith over at Fresh Coast 40k.

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    @Chrysis

First link to my battle scribe game system. As I said I did a little tweaking for HP, should work for any of the catalogues though.

You need this to use my catalogue I guess. I hope it is working. Let me know if you see major issues. I found one, lord was listed at 60 not 65 base. So go ahead and grab the newer catalog here.

There we go, having the game system did the trick. I'll have a play around and see if I spot anything wonky.

Mazzyx

Spotted the first wonky thing. Veterans of the Long War is spelt wrong ("Vetrans") for the Dark Apostle, Chaos Lord and Sorcerer. Also the Warpsmith can take it as many times as he wants where it should just be a check box.

You have Noise Marines being allowed to take one Blast Master (and only one) no matter what the size of the unit is. It should be 1 per 10, so 10+ is 1 Blastmaster and 20 is 2 Blastmasters.

Cultists are also broken. They throw up an error when you add Weapon Carriers no matter how big the unit is. The unit is also capped at 30 instead of 35. And for extra fun, the exchange of Autopistol for Autogun shouldn't be all or nothing, the squad can be half and half according to the codex.

Alright, I will get around to fixing it when I get the chance. The blastmaster thing was me running off 5th in my head. But as I said it isn't idiot proofed so if you can take something illegal just don't at the moment.

But some of these are easy fixes. I might get them done today but school is kind of dumping on me this week(one major group project and a midterm+starting a final for the 6 week course that is due next Saturday).

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Thanks for getting started on it Mazzyx. I think I fixed a few things.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39135276/Chaos 6th ed.cat

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    mugginns wrote: »
    We interviewed artist Adrian Smith over at Fresh Coast 40k.

Cool interview. My favorite picture of his is the Inquisitor, Ultramarine, IG guy and AM guy. It's very well done.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Horus Heresy Betrayal is on the truck for delivery. Should be arriving right when I get off work.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So, this thing?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=152794&d=1348399367

Is in the book. The triple cannon is a S10 laser that gets D3 shots and has a chance to feedback and blow up the reactor if it fails to penetrate the target. Good job it's a 2SP super-heavy then. Damn thing is a beast, and the Typhon (same hull, but with a giant demolisher cannon instead) too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=152885&d=13484282127

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Sorry if this is mentioned in a(ny) rulebook, I'm posting this away from home. But if a Superheavy Flyer is shot upon and successfully performs a Dive! action to avoid the hit, can it perform a Bombing Run in it's following turn?

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    Horus Heresy Betrayal is on the truck for delivery. Should be arriving right when I get off work.
    Mine2 :D

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Mystery,

I don't see how it would, as it can only snapfire yes? Snapfiring precludes all blast weapons. But then again, I'm using Jink rules not "dive" rules.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Looks like Maelstrom Games is going in the shitter.
    It looks like there may be foul play afoot at Maelstrom Games.
    Today they sent out the fourth (?) "moving warehouse sale" in three months or whatever it is. It doesn't take that long...
    They have apparently stopped selling via Paypal, presumably thanks to a huge amount of non-delivery claims recently.
    The have set up a mirror site at The Eye of the Storm.
    There are claims that they have racked up a considerable debt.

More info on this thread on Warseer.

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Yeah, they transferred their successful mini lines to a new shell company (Mierce Miniatures) so they wouldn't get dragged into the shitter with Maelstrom proper. :P

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, how does flying psykers work out? Can I still use multiple powers in combination with vector strikes etc?

Debating how to kit out a flying demon prince for my first games.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Vector Strikes count as using a shooting attack, as does using a Psychic Witchfire. MCs can fire two guns per turn, so you can Vector Strike and fire 1 Witchfire/Gun.

Of course Maledictions/Blessings don't count as shooting attacks so you could use those with impunity.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Horus Heresy book in hand. This is every bit a $130 book.

• Options
    altmann wrote: »
    I don't see how it would, as it can only snapfire yes? Snapfiring precludes all blast weapons. But then again, I'm using Jink rules not "dive" rules.

Whoops, "Dive" is for Flying Monsterous Creatures, "Jink" is for Flyers. Same effect, just different term. I know after a Jink save, you may only Snap Shoot. But was wondering if the rules were different for Bombing [as well as/or] being a Super Heavy Flyer.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Today they sent out the fourth (?) "moving warehouse sale" in three months or whatever it is. It doesn't take that long...
    They have apparently stopped selling via Paypal, presumably thanks to a huge amount of non-delivery claims recently.

Has anyone blamed GW for putting them out of business yet?

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Has anyone blamed GW for putting them out of business yet?

While there's no doubt that the embargo put a hit on their income, the fact that they owe their suppliers a shit ton of money (someone on dakka mentioned it in the 500,000+ range) and still aren't fulfilling orders - GW or not - there's really no grounds to claim GW is the devil here. They fucked up badly, and that's about it, and now they're trying to save their Banelegions line of models through a shell company.

• Options
    Oh c'mon now.... Really? MOAR Grey Knight Cheese Lists?!

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Grey_Knight_Cheese_List
    The Ultimate Grey Knight Cheese List

What's that? You like 6th Edition, and Grey Knights, and Flyers, and all sorts of awesome stuff? But you like it because it's awesome, not because nobody can defend against it yet? Yeah, that's it, we believe you... anyway, here's a list just for you! You'll love it because it's awesome and not because it's cheesy. Absolutely.

But seriously, this list has layers and layers of cheese.

omgwtf hax (2,000 points)
    Inquisitor Coteaz (HQ) – 100 points
    Librarian (HQ) – 150 points
    Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (Troops) – 34 points
    3 Inquisitorial Servitors w/multi-meltas – 30 points
    1 Warrior Acolyte – 4 points
    2nd Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (Troops) – 12 points
    3 Warrior Acolytes – 12 points
    3rd Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (Troops) – 12 points
    4th Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (Troops) – 12 points

Now here come the particularly gooey bits:
    Stormraven Gunship (Fast Attack) w/Typhoon Missile Launcher, Hurricane Bolters, and Psybolt Ammunition – 280 points
    2nd Stormraven Gunship (Fast Attack) w/Typhoon Missile Launcher, Hurricane Bolters, and Psybolt Ammunition – 280 points
    3rd Stormraven Gunship (Fast Attack) w/Typhoon Missile Launcher, Hurricane Bolters, and Psybolt Ammunition – 280 points
    4th Stormraven Gunship (Fast Attack) w/Typhoon Missile Launcher, Hurricane Bolters, and Psybolt Ammunition – 280 points
    5th Stormraven Gunship (Fast Attack) w/Typhoon Missile Launcher, Hurricane Bolters, and Psybolt Ammunition – 280 points
    6th Stormraven Gunship (Fast Attack) w/Typhoon Missile Launcher, Hurricane Bolters, and Psybolt Ammunition – 280 points

2,000 POINTS TOTAL

This army was created on August 8th, 2012, and it is the cheesiest, most bullshit Grey Knights army yet. Basically, put at least two Henchmen Warbands on the field, give each HQ unit the Divination Primaris power (Prescience) which allows you to reroll all failed To Hit rolls, and place them on separate planes. Have them buff one plane apiece. Extra fun if your second power is the Scrier's Gaze (roll three Reserve dice and choose). It doesn't matter how much anti-air defense your opponent has, the gunships will wreck everyone's shit. This list isn't invincible, but the only possible way to beat it is to field an Imperial Guard army with as many Hydras as possible. That being said, you're still looking at getting around eighteen anti-aircraft vehicles just to counter six flyers.

Throw on the rerolls, Power of the Machine Spirit (extra target which can be different than the main), and Psychic Pilot's Fortitude (ignore Shaken and Stunned), and watch the carnage. Infantry get mowed down with Hurricane Bolters, Frag and Mindstrike Missiles, and Assault Cannons, and vehicles get blown up by Krak Missiles and Assault Cannons. With Psybolt Ammunition, not even a Land Raider can reliably soak 4 Twin-linked S7 rending shots without taking at least a glancing hit, if not a penetrating one. Even the Hurricane Bolters are 3 twin-linked S5 AP5 shots apiece (6 if within 12").

You have been warned: as of writing, fielding this army will result in your opponent leaping across the table, reaching down your throat, yanking out your intestines through your mouth, and strangling you with them. And you will deserve it.

I would not call it undefeatable, but not like Grey Knights need any more cheese....

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    So... how do they claim objectives?

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    It would be amusing watching that list take on croissant spam.

• Options
    OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    Uhhh, so you have two squads of 3 guardsmen on the board turn one. Alot lot of list I can come up with some way to kill that in one round, no matter how you try to hid them since you have no buildings to hid them in. If I can see you, I have enough shots to get you no matter the cover save. If your out of LoS, well thats what barrage is for.

Oh, and you auto loose to a drop pod list, or a list with say 3 pods, as whatever you have in there is going to kill those guys. And I can drop the pods where there is no hiding.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that wouldn't be too hard to just kill all the foot troops. Especially when you can flood the board with minis and deny their vehicles places to zoom to. And GK librarians, IIRC, can't take BRB powers. Only Inquisitors.

• Options
    they & inquisitors can, just no one else in the whole army can even though they are psykers.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    @Chrysis

This is awesome, by the way!
    Thanks for these.
    Playing with my Slaaneshi list, will post some stuff later for critiques

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    So... how do they claim objectives?

Well, there are those ten squishy meatbags in paper armour, and their three mechanical buddies, to do the job with. Pity they all die to frag missiles in short order.

• Options
    That list is semi scary.

I played a 5 flyer necron army. The only fucking reason I lost is because when necron flyers die, you don't lose the guys inside which, frankly, is complete bullshit.

signature.png
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    I just realized I have no pictures of the various models I painted up for secret Santa Gifts.

I was looking for the Pedro I made for Tim and the Lamentor's Seth I painted for Nax... but no luck. Why didn't I take pictures before I sent them out!?

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Horus Heresy book in hand. This is every bit a $130 book.

Agreed.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    It so is.
    Sorry GW, but you've been outdone by your subsidiary on pretty much every level now.

• Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    That list is semi scary.

I played a 5 flyer necron army. The only fucking reason I lost is because when necron flyers die, you don't lose the guys inside which, frankly, is complete bullshit.

Did you have Hydras, or that AA terrain piece or something? That seems like an awful amount of only-hit-on-a-six targets to deal with.

• Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    It so is.
    Sorry GW, but you've been outdone by your subsidiary on pretty much every level now.

Even price gouging!

• Options
    saluksic wrote: »
    saluksic wrote: »
    That list is semi scary.

Did you have Hydras, or that AA terrain piece or something? That seems like an awful amount of only-hit-on-a-six targets to deal with.

I had a quad gun and 3 vendettas. I took down 4 of them before the game ended.

signature.png
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I have a feeling if I ever play again, I'll hate flyers. I'm going to try to rely on my one Skytalon to help me thru. If that doesn't work, I'll redo the IG, and buy some Aegis defense lines and some Vendettas myself.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Frankly, Flyers are fucking retarded. The guy who won Beakycon had a fucking MSU flyers netlist and didn't even know the fucking rules. It's a joke.

signature.png
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Probably had weighted dice too.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    I think that says more about the individual and tournament than it does about flyers. Granted flyers can be frustrating if you have no counter.

I'm just thankful my group is more into having fun than winning at all costs.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Actually I played something close to a guard version of that list in a 1500pt local tourny not too long ago. 5 flyers, about the same flying firepower but at fewer targets & slightly less durable, more infantry on the ground. Got 4th for two reasons.

#1, game two I played a mech guard army with 3 vendettas, I had to go first, so I got one turn of shooting before most of my flyers had to start jinking making them almost useless even with everything being twin linked. Deepstriking elysian vet squads were by far my most effective units that game. Might have tied or won it if I had been a little smarter on how to get some troops to objectives sooner, but that would probably just have gotten them gunned down instead of ignored.

#2, game one was vs flying circus deamons + three squads of flamers. So all my infantry was going to die rather quickly as it was low # foot guard vs flamers. The flyers did OK, but the flying MCs are more maneuverable for shots than I am even with a few vector dancer flyers. So between dodging the MCs and his troops coming in late, I could not kill his few troop squads to go for a tie. Also vector strikes at S6 will down av12 flyers, if he's a little lucky it will happen way faster than you would expect.

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I had a Disintegrator Ravager fire on a flying Daemon prince once. Scored like five, six hits. Brought it down to one wound. :)

Then a squad of kabalites unloaded on it, and only one hit. It wounded. Armor roll of 1. Needless to say I lucked the hell out.

makosig.jpg