Options

Game Grumps: And now back to your regularly scheduled Grumping, already in progress.

• Options
    KazitronKazitron Registered User regular
    That moment is goddamn magic

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Best jon wins in the century

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    Best jon wins in the century

Best Jon wins in the FUCKING century.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Today in Grumps Arin completely fucking ignores the instructions plastered right across the screen telling you EX-FUCKING-ACTLY how to play, and having Jon explain the controls to him immediately after

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Intro plays, shows how the game works and explains everything.

Arin:

"So how do you play this?"

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Today in Grumps Arin completely fucking ignores the instructions plastered right across the screen telling you EX-FUCKING-ACTLY how to play, and having Jon explain the controls to him immediately after

Not only that, but he is actively mocking the 'how to play' bit while it's showing that.

Anyway, holy shit the menus and such in Kirby's Air Ride look like the ones from Smash Bros. I get that it was almost definitely developed by the same people, but it's still so weird to see.

• Options
    Wasn't intuitive enough I guess.
    :rotate:

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Huh, Kirby's Air Ride's UI is exactly like Smash Bros Brawl. Neat. :D

Ed also beat.

And for what it's worth (not much) Jon was making fun of the tutorial, Arin bandwagon'd while not paying any attention

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2013

Not only that, but he is actively mocking the 'how to play' bit while it's showing that.

Anyway, holy shit the menus and such in Kirby's Air Ride look like the ones from Smash Bros. I get that it was almost definitely developed by the same people, but it's still so weird to see.

meteos-20050621010915971-1156600_160w.jpg

Meteos is similar as well, along with Kid Icarus Uprising, but that's for good reason.
    SAKURAI

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    There are things Sakurai likes, and there are things Sakurai loves.

And he loves him some menus.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Holy shit they finally realized Silver can grab and fire enemy ammo

Gentlemen, welcome to the shiniest corner of the turd

(Silver is considered the best part of Sonic 06)

(But he's still part of Sonic 06)

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Holy shit they finally realized Silver can grab and fire enemy ammo

Gentlemen, welcome to the shiniest corner of the turd

(Silver is considered the best part of Sonic 06)

(But he's still part of Sonic 06)

Weren't they doing this ages ago?

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    That perfect impromptu sound effect in part 97 tho.

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Part 97 is pretty great.
    That airplane story.

• Options
    They seem to only play Sonic once every week or two, and forget and relearn how to play the game each time. Arin commented on that last episode, even.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Part 97 is pretty great.
    That airplane story.

I was so mad at grumps and then Jon tells the whole word of his alcoholic tendencies on a plane and i just died

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I'm a ghost. I always dreamed of flying above this Castle Town in an airplane.

But right before the plane tournament, I got into a traffic accident...

I wanted to win that tournament! Maybe I'm still stuck here because my desire was too strong.

If someone could beat the record from that tournament, I think I could let go. But who would do that for me?

At the tournament, a team that went through 20 Rings won.

With my airplane, I could have done 21 Rings. If you can break that record, I'll be able to finally let go. Help me!

• Options
    Why that bitch be lookin' at poison clouds?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    They seem to only play Sonic once every week or two, and forget and relearn how to play the game each time. Arin commented on that last episode, even.

I would say that's because they utterly hate it and don't want to be playing it. They are playing it to get rid of it more than anything else.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    This animation is great, believe it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CWfOcXSaMQ

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Holy fuck the animation is so good.

... Still not watching Grumps but I love the Fan Animations. <_<

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Ok these Mr.Mosquito videos are making me physically uncomfortable. I think it's because the grumps are getting weirded out too.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    We haven't even gotten to the bath scene yet.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ugh, I don't think I'll be able to deal with that.

It's weird because I've seen almost all of Mr.Mosquito before and it didn't bug me (heh). I don't know why I'm getting such bad creeper vibes now.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    In other news, the clash at demonhead series is pretty damn good so far.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    The grumps have finally put together a list of games they've received so they can stop getting duplicates.
    Hey lovelies! Thanks for sending so many games. You guys have singlehandedly assured we will never stop running out of material. We've played games we didn't even know existed, and that, I feel, is the coolest thing about the PO Box.
    That being said, we receive a lot of the same games a lot of the time. Many of you have expressed in letters that it was hard to give these games away, or it's your favorite, or something else that makes us feel like terrible people for taking your games, so we've compiled a frequently updated list of the games in our library. If you have the idea to send us a game, check to see if we have it, and maybe you won't have to part with your beloved copy of Glover with your named scrawled on the back! All those memories... rushing back... Flicking balls...
    SO, if there's a game we don't have that you want us to have and consider playing on the show, send it to:
    Game Grumps PO Box 3770 Glendale, CA 91221 USA
    Include your name so we can thank you on the show! If your name is buttwizard that's fine.
    Additionally, we cannot send games back, so if there's something you really can't part with, don't part with it! We won't hate you for it (unless you're a dick to your mom. Then we'll judge you maybe a little. I mean Jesus, she's your mom).
    If you are sending something to have it signed, hold on to it! We will be making tons of appearances in the future. Don't you want to watch us sign it? And then high five? You can't high five through the mail. Believe me I've tried.
    All of the doubles we've received up to this point will be auctioned off for charity! We will make an announcement when this is happening, and we might throw in some exclusive stuff in the lots, too. ;)
    Thanks again for all the love! We certainly wouldn't be able to do the show without your overwhelming support. And your beautiful eyes. God, I could stare into them for hours. Have you been working out?
    Love,
    The Grumps
    The list - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o_4rdQtp2v5LFNE4npiFSsVejXfana77zV8W5i-bASU/edit?usp=sharing

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Those people who sent them Genesis games...

Hey, guys.... I think.... I think there's something you should know about the Grumps...

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Wonder why they can't send stuff back? Liability? Cost?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Zython wrote: »

That, and they have almost 1 million subscribers now.

If even 0.5% of those people are sending them games, and if even half of those people wanted them back... I wouldn't envy the Grumps in the slightest.

They'd probably have to hire additional people that do nothing but that.

Note that they don't list how many of each game they have, and their videos are frequently crediting three or more people for most games.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Those people who sent them Genesis games...

Hey, guys.... I think.... I think there's something you should know about the Grumps...

Man I'd love to see them play Gunstar Heroes or Ranger X. Games that would be up their alley in terms of can play while still not really paying attention.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Zython wrote: »

That, and they have almost 1 million subscribers now.

If even 0.5% of those people are sending them games, and if even half of those people wanted them back... I wouldn't envy the Grumps in the slightest.

They'd probably have to hire additional people that do nothing but that.

Note that they don't list how many of each game they have, and their videos are frequently crediting three or more people for most games.

They could probably make quite a bit of bank just reselling extraneous copies of stuff. :P

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I'm surprised they didn't make The List sooner, actually.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Maybe Barry has been compiling it in the background for a while. It's probably something they never even thought about. For a while Barry was just putting up the names at the beginning of the video, and then it changed to them obviously having a list of names to read off, so they don't pay too much attention to it.

So, we know their general location and places they frequent...who wants to take a little road trip to liberate some of those unloved games?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    That list made me change my mind about sending them a game. They have more games to play than they will ever get around too. Chances of them playing whatever I send them is pretty slim.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    They could be doing this for years before they run out of new material from that list.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    THAT'S THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEEEEEEEEEN!
    I would love a gif of that flashing on screen.

Also need a way to make that clip my ringtone or something.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    That moment at the beginning of the Mr. Mosquito series...

That was fucking perfect.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    THAT'S THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEEEEEEEEEN!
    I would love a gif of that flashing on screen.

Also need a way to make that clip my ringtone or something.

CfUe6zi.gif

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Hmmm...I'd prefer it with at least the Grump border, but I'll take it!

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.