Options

Game Grumps: And now back to your regularly scheduled Grumping, already in progress.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    THAT'S THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEEEEEEEEEN!
    I would love a gif of that flashing on screen.

Also need a way to make that clip my ringtone or something.

It's no use

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Haha, I wasn't expecting to actually see that. Wow. Thanks! Is it possible to get one with the entire buildup scream to that?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Haha, I wasn't expecting to actually see that. Wow. Thanks! Is it possible to get one with the entire buildup scream to that?

Yes you can

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    Thank you. So much.

That's going on my phone somewhere. I'm not sure who's going to wind up with that ringtone.

I'm also going to be using this as my reaction post for everything from now on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAQ2EQM9kJo

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    What would I like to see on Game Grumps?

I'd like to see them watch and react to the Nintendo Directs and other E3 announcements. Doesn't have to be live of course, but if they could watch them together and banter over it and then upload that, I'd be very cool with that.

Also YAY MORE Chu<3lip.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Hah, I totally have Typing of the Dead for my Dreamcast.

I went a little crazy when the thing was announced to be discontinued...I was buying all the wacky accessories: The keyboard, the mouse, etc.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    A song worthy of the man, the myth, the legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uVKAStIbYUs

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojJpYgxknuQ

Wow, I never played Typing of the Dead before, so I had no idea that the game was so tongue-in-cheek. This is one of the funniest Game Grumps I've seen in a while.

• Options
    I have that game, and love it. I'm pretty good at it, too.

One of my favorite con moments was meeting a guy dressed up as an agent from that game, with Dreamcast in a see-through backpack with Dreamcast keyboard attached to a tray in front and everything.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Wow, I never played Typing of the Dead before, so I had no idea that the game was so tongue-in-cheek. This is one of the funniest Game Grumps I've seen in a while.

Holy shit that game is fantastic. It's on PC isn't it?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    So i've been watching a LOT of Two best friends play (the show and their LP channel)

and they're like a less pretentious version of game grumps. They're a lot more consistent when it comes to entertainment and are super competent at the games they play because one of them has usually played it before and offers guidance to the other.

so if you're looking for a less pretentious greps Two best friends.

Tenouttaten

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I vehemently disagreed with that sentiment, cause I thought Two Best Friends felt more scripted and less improv'd than the Grumps. And to some extent I still feel that - since there's a much harder structure to the edited vids that appear on Machinima, they have in jokes and references that are a little too perfect to be natural (though still very neat and often hilarious) but I love it as it's own thing, and Woolie is on occasion a funnier third guy than Barry (WHENS MAHVEL)

But yeah, that was my opinion a few months back. I've since got into em and found they are indeed way more consistently funny than the Grumps, and their Long Plays have made me question the "it's scripted" assumption since they're so goddamn funny for hours at a time. I don't think it's a 1:1 comparison though, they're 2 very different styles of commentary.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Yeah their machinima show feels pretty scripted but some of it is the greatest even if it is. Like the Harry potter Kinect video killed me.

And again yeah that's fair.
    I approached it from some of their lets plays they approach it occasionally from the perspective of the construction of the game itself as well as it's design. So minor parallel there.

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Oh, yeah the machinima is definitely scripted and edited, but after watching the full plays its basically like they did a long play but wrote down all the jokes they wanted to do, then did all those to cover a game in 15 min

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    The difference to me is tbfp sounds more like guys legitimately playing games while making jokes and ribbing each other, where in game grumps it's .. Hmm. More forced? They are trying to do improv and produce a "show" and also there is a game there which they half-heartedly play.

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I enjoy two best friends play, but their full playthroughs on their actual channel are better than the episodes on machinima, although they're alright.

I especially enjoyed tbfp shitstorm of scariness during october.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I 'be been watching two best friends play too.

• Options
    I really would like to see a joint play session of both groups completely degenerate.

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Game grumps are funnier, but tbfp will never spend 10 minutes hopelessly lost while refusing to actually stop and figure it out.

I like both series.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    "Chinless wonder"

...and somehow Arin gets it.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Why isn't this game on Steam yet? I'd play it non-stop.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    GG and TBFP should do four player Dragon's Crown, or the D&D games. Or Shovel Knight. Anarchy Reigns?

Oh boy, they just mentioned that everyone sends them Mischief Makers. We're a few steps closer to that scenario I laid out a while back...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    These Chulip episodes are so amazing.

They start ignoring the game when they're wandering around, but then there's always something that's just so crazy they have to pay attention again.

Like the first underground dwelling last time ._.

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options

There's nothing sticky about these deals!

Oh my god I'm dying.

• Options
    The iPhone cases are being propped up by Sega Genesis cartridges.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    That is one carefully selected preview image.

• Options
    Kyoka SuigetsuKyoka Suigetsu Odin gave his left eye for knowledge. I would give far more Registered User regular
    Half the deals, twice the price!

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    BARRY NOT INCLUDED. This is the best thing.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Dusda wrote: »
    BARRY NOT INCLUDED. This is the best thing.

I can't decide whether that was the best moment, or that the ladies cut shirt is for "If you're one of those ones with the boobs".

• Options
    Still way, way too expensive. I guess I have to say, though, good job on making tons of money off Grumps and merch.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Still way, way too expensive. I guess I have to say, though, good job on making tons of money off Grumps and merch.

I don't know, the pair for $40 is pretty good as far as buying shirts online goes. I think I might buy it and give my brother the Hey I'm Grump one for his birthday.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Oh shit, I went to sharkrobot to see if they still had grumps shirts since the Rodeo Arcade stuff only goes up to 2X and I found this beauty!

shirt_xdthreads_fram_LRG.jpg

I need this shirt!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »

I don't know, the pair for $40 is pretty good as far as buying shirts online goes. I think I might buy it and give my brother the Hey I'm Grump one for his birthday.

I'm looking at about ten sites right now, where you can get similar types of shirts for $10-$15, shipping included.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZERWaMyGdF0

I haven't seen Jon react with such utter disbelief at a game in a long, long time.

• Options
    That was a good one, definitely. We'll see how it goes when they actually play the game.

Someone pointed this out...when the Grumps resort to actually reading the manual, you know your game is fucked up.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Or the audience feedback finally got past the lag time in their production schedule.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I don't begrudge them even a little bit for not knowing what the fuck was going on in that game.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.