As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Patrick Klepek Appreciation Station

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    The best thing they had going for them was Kevin Butler, but of course things ended badly there between Mr Lambert and Sony.

Marcus, although still pretty terrible, is at least a step up from screaming dolls and racist squirrels . . . I guess.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Man the Mario Bros movie is fucking crazy.

But you know, so's the game. Mushroom cities, flowers that shoot fire, turtle armies... the movie's kind of exactly true to the spirit of it all. Do a bunch of drugs, make a game/movie concept.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    you know, that Micheal ad would probably be less tasteless if it wasn't for the world war two guys.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    That Sony ad is probably the best ad that's ever been made. The way the old guy at the end says "I have thrown morality aside" always gets me.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    The World War II guys are a nod to Resistance, if I'm not mistaken. Although, given the timeline of that game they pretty much are World War II guys.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    he specifically mentions omaha beach so I'm pretty sure it's real world war two

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I'm pretty sure they're more of a nod to WWII shooters in general, specifically mentioning Omaha beach which was a bit of a landmark moment in Call of Duty 2.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    that michael ad was pretty sweet yeah, nathan drake hitting on final fantasy characters

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I like how when everyone is raising their fists and yelling MICHAEL Lightning's just standing there looking bored

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I like how when everyone is raising their fists and yelling MICHAEL Lightning's just standing there looking bored

Well, yeah. that's pretty much all she is able to do if what i have seen of final fantasy 13 is true.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Kinda reminds me of that awesome Michael ad from a couple years back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWkKKSckNk

that was pretty good if for no other reason than the cosplay

edit: Hah! I just noticed Paul Phoenix. That's awesome.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

michael didn't really have much to do in ff13

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Man the Mario Bros movie is fucking crazy.

But you know, so's the game. Mushroom cities, flowers that shoot fire, turtle armies... the movie's kind of exactly true to the spirit of it all. Do a bunch of drugs, make a game/movie concept.
    Someone got me the DVD as a gag gift, we all watched it last night.

The bizarre thing is that the frame speed makes it look like it was done in 48fps.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    Is it wrong that I would have liked that ad to be dedicated to some terminally ill person named Michael?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    man I didn't like that michael ad at all

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Should have been Jason instead of Michael, then you could squeeze Heavy Rain in there.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Apparently Sony put up a thing asking people what makes them "the ultimate Playstation gamer" without telling them what it was for. Michael won and they tailored the campaign around his actual collection of Playstation games.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It shouldn't have been a one-off. It should have been a series, establishing different genres of players - from kids to adults, casual to "hardcore," online and offline.

Then with new games, you have the main characters retelling stories of the exploits of the gamer, getting through thick and thin (while being vague about the plot).

The tagline of the campaign could have been: "Playstation - make your own stories."

Or something like that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I would like that simply for the one with characters complaining about "Peter the dumbass who can't not run face first into every wall."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    in zis game, sherlock holmes?

... he dies

Iz spoiler?

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I would like that simply for the one with characters complaining about "Peter the dumbass who can't not run face first into every wall."

"My day was going along just fine until this Peter decided he should play Trials: Evolution!"

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    I think it was Patrick who recommended one particular Dark Souls LP in one of the recent podcasts, but I can't remember what it was. Did anyone catch it?

• Options
    Rehab wrote: »

"My day was going along just fine until this Peter decided he should play Trials: Evolution!"

"Goddamnit Peter, most people would recognize the grenade icon after being killed by it a dozen times."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Flay wrote: »
    I think it was Patrick who recommended one particular Dark Souls LP in one of the recent podcasts, but I can't remember what it was. Did anyone catch it?

It's this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/GeopLP

If you watch the bonus 'Let's Stream Dark Souls' parts, you'll have me as a very boring special guest.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    No that guy's name is ron

because DAMMIT RON

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    Flay wrote: »

It's this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/GeopLP

If you watch the bonus 'Let's Stream Dark Souls' parts, you'll have me as a very boring special guest.

Cool, thanks!

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Nah patrick can be legit obnoxious on podcasts and stuff where he interrupts or talks over people and takes over the conversation also stuff like telling everyone to stop saying gaben. No sir I will not. Also he's been in like 80% of quick looks lately and even if it's untrue it feels that's at the expense of having someone else that you may or may not like more.

You should really stop saying Gaben though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

because DAMMIT RON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghaEbGpkqAw

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    But what if you want to make sure people know which Gabe you're talking about

You could say Gabe Newell.

A) Is Steam/Valve being discussed?

If yes, it's likely Gabe Newell
    If no, and no one follows Gabe with "Newell," it is extremely likely they are talking about Gabe of Penny Arcade

Or maybe they're real friendly with the archangel or something

Ain't that many Gabes

There's a lot of Gabes, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    but not many Gabens

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    This is way too many posts about whether or not to say gaben.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    but not many Gabens

A fair number of gay Bens.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    What about calling the steambox the gabecube or the ngabe?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular

MrDapper wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »

because DAMMIT RON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghaEbGpkqAw

crap, beat me

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Should have been Jason instead of Michael, then you could squeeze Heavy Rain in there.

That'd have to be Jasaun

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Should have been a commercial about Brad failing to do horrible things in SotC by not knowing what the grip meter was.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I can see xenoblade being a nightmare for those who need to do every single side quest. I'm still fairly early into the game and I already lost a couple hours just running around looking for challenge quest mobs.

Combat is really fun, I didn't realize you could aggro nearby mobs when in a fight, and I pissed off some level 40 rhino thing while fighting a named bird thingy. Got my shit pushed quite quickly. Otherwise, I love the mmo lite style of engaging enemies, and while I'm sure after the 40th hour it might get repetitive, I like the banter between characters during a fight.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Vinny Madness Engine of the Year 2012 Sweepy Dawgs is on steam sale for ten dollars today

you guys should get it

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    By the way guys

Don't know how many of you visit G&T, but mcc does her yearly GOTY poll and it's coming to a close tonight

So might wanna go vote on that if you haven't

It's always interesting to look at, statistically

No Persona 4 golden. boooo

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Sleeping Dogs is alright but is ain't no Saints Row 3.

Watched the new Total Recall the other day and Sleeping Dogs guy appears for like 2 minutes!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.