Options

Lara Croft and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Basically the more skilled she gets the more violent the ways of dispatching enemies becomes.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    @UnbreakableVow get better with it

the bow is salvation

and so much of the later upgrade tiers are STAB MOTHERFUCKERS WITH AN ARROW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew53C7yiuHY

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    So what were people saying about this evoking stuff from The Descent?

Normally I'm not one for horror movies, because, well, they're not usually very good

But I feel like I should at least check that one out based on what I've heard?

Another neat thing I like about this game; examining relics you find. Yeah, it's kind of pointless, but I enjoyed it in old RE games, I enjoyed it in L.A. Noire, and I enjoy it here

The Descent is great and certainly worthy of being part of 500 days of netflix (if its on there I dont know if it is)

It's not, I searched the other day when someone brought it up and there's some Rosario Dawson movie called Descent?

But no The Descent

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    probably more than any other single piece of media I've seen about this game Lara's bow knocking and firing animation make me really, really want to play it. May try the redbox thing, PC version is out of the cards. I got money for Infinite this month and that's it.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    You need a skill to make melee attacks in the first place. Takes a while to get there.

Yeah I've got that, it's pretty helpful. So is throwing dirt in people's eyes.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    I've never played a Tomb Raider game but I kinda wanna try this

But also Bioshock

Hrmrmrmr

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I have never played a Tomb Raider game before either, and it is really good. Bioshock will probably also be really good, though.

Good games for everyone!

• Options
    Yes, two good games!

My suggestion to all of you is to do what you did when the PS3 came out for 599 US dollars

Get a second job

• Options
    I feel like I've done so much stuff already and haven't gotten an Achievement yet

I Like This

• Options
    Yes, two good games!

My suggestion to all of you is to do what you did when the PS3 came out for 599 US dollars

excuse me I've never owned a console this analogy is fundamentally inapplicable

• Options
    You know your QTEs are effective when you keep pounding the button long after the prompt is gone because fuck you wolf

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I feel like I've done so much stuff already and haven't gotten an Achievement yet

I Like This

So no silly filler cheevos, like "Congrats on playing the first hour" or "you picked up a club!"? Haven't seen that in a while.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

I Like This

So no silly filler cheevos, like "Congrats on playing the first hour" or "you picked up a club!"? Haven't seen that in a while.

750 Achievement points for single-player, 250 for multiplayer (which seems like a misstep since reportedly the multiplayer is pretty bland), but yeah, they all seem to be tied to actually doing shit like upgrading all your gear, completing a tomb, completing all tombs, etc.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    can I really blow everyone's minds

the combat system in this is so fluid that there's no cover button

as soon as shit starts flying Lara will just get low and if you put her next to cover she'll just stay put, but not lock in or anything, and you can pop over and shoot and move on the fly

it's veeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy well put together and really lets you have a lot of adaptability without sticking to anything

the one thing I miss is blindfire, but what're you gonna do

• Options
    I have never used blindfire in a game ever

What's the point? Just pop out, hit shit accurately and don't waste ammo

• Options
    I love how Lara's attitude changes over the game:
    It is so awesome seeing Lara go from pleading with enemies not to attack to just losing her shit eventually and start yelling at them to come at her so she can mow them down. So awesome[i/].

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

as a concept it lets you shoot while minimizing exposure to being shot at the cost of accuracy

but yeah most games don't balance it well enough for it to be a useful option

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

I use it as suppressing fire if I want to find new cover, typically

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »

as a concept it lets you shoot while minimizing exposure to being shot at the cost of accuracy

but yeah most games don't balance it well enough for it to be a useful option

Yeah, it's that second part basically

I remember when Kill Switch, Gears and Uncharted all came out in a flurry and it was pointless in all of them so I was like "Well, never doing that again" so I just started popping out, shooting dudes closest to me first, and retreating back into cover when I needed to regen health and everything was fine

• Options
    On the other hand, blindfire in Gta was still perfectly accurate and made you nearly invincible

• Options
    Wait what

Oh god

All that pointless peeking out I did in GTAIV and getting shot

• Options
    Like I guess it's slightly less accurate but you keep your crosshair and can still pull off headshots fine

• Options
    I think I recall doing that a bunch in Saints Row 2, as well.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Or was it mass effect 2

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Or was in it real life good old spray and pray

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I liked that in the the second rainbox 6 vegas, you could blindfire a silenced, one hit kill rifle with complete accuracy.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    holy fuck this game is really good

it has completely lived up to my hype

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    It's nice for once isn't it?

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    So what were people saying about this evoking stuff from The Descent?

Normally I'm not one for horror movies, because, well, they're not usually very good

But I feel like I should at least check that one out based on what I've heard?

Another neat thing I like about this game; examining relics you find. Yeah, it's kind of pointless, but I enjoyed it in old RE games, I enjoyed it in L.A. Noire, and I enjoy it here

The Descent is great and certainly worthy of being part of 500 days of netflix (if its on there I dont know if it is)

It's not, I searched the other day when someone brought it up and there's some Rosario Dawson movie called Descent?

But no The Descent

Yeah that Rosario Dawson movie is something different.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Stupid fucking snow might keep me from going to buy this today.

I'm not going to play it until I finish Dead Space 3 anyway so it's not a big deal I guess.

• Options
    This is all wrong

Someone should have told Crystal Dynamics that new entries in long-running franchises with an extended development time are supposed to be super-disappointing

They're not supposed to keep impressing in every respect

• Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    So did the Steam pre-orders for this ever make it to the "free X-Com" level?

I forgot to check before the game was released.

• Options

wasn't that Bioshock with the free Xcoms

• Options
    Um

Hmm

I think

I think the subtitles just gave away a plot point

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    This is a pretty good game so far. It just crashed when I was reading a journal at the second camp, but aside from that it's been running well.

I need to get used to the QTE icons showing what action you need to perform though, not the key you need to press to perform that action. I got crushed by a rock 5 times before I looked up the control settings and saw that <!> means melee attack (F key).

• Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular

wasn't that Bioshock with the free Xcoms

Yup! I'm the dumb. Tomb Raider had DLC as the tier 2 and 3 unlocks.

Move along, nothing to see here.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    So like.

I can play this on a controller. But I still have to use my mouselook to move the camera. Any fixes? Can I map this to right thumbstick somehow?

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    What controller are you using?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    A logitech USB controller. It has xbox 360 style buttons.

• Options
    Screw it. I'll just play on the keyboard.