As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Transistor] Sci-fi RPG from Supergiant Games, out now on PC/PS4!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

Beautiful!

Hello new iPhone wallpaper.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I saw the banner for this at PAX and was like "Hey, that looks like Bastion" then I saw the Bastion banner next to it and was like "Hey, I want to check this out" then I saw the sign that said "Wait time is 2 hours from this point" and I was like "Hey, I think that's gonna be a really long wait to play it" then I saw the line of people that hadn't hit the 2 hour marker yet and was like "fuck it."

In all honesty, it looks beautiful. Their art is gorgeous. That's one of the only things I dislike about PAX is that anything that is a known quantity is a ridiculous line to get to experience. Lucky for me, The Swapper didn't have a line, so much as three guys playing it when I got there and a writer to chat with for a few minutes before I got to sit down and play it.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    I would like to have sex with SuperGiant's art director.

Are you saying you enjoy her work, or are you being a creep? Cause she's the only girl on that staff, I think.

I didn't know or care what gender they were. The fact that I wouldn't have to go gay for the first time is just icing on the cake.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I saw the banner for this at PAX and was like "Hey, that looks like Bastion" then I saw the Bastion banner next to it and was like "Hey, I want to check this out" then I saw the sign that said "Wait time is 2 hours from this point" and I was like "Hey, I think that's gonna be a really long wait to play it" then I saw the line of people that hadn't hit the 2 hour marker yet and was like "fuck it."

In all honesty, it looks beautiful. Their art is gorgeous. That's one of the only things I dislike about PAX is that anything that is a known quantity is a ridiculous line to get to experience. Lucky for me, The Swapper didn't have a line, so much as three guys playing it when I got there and a writer to chat with for a few minutes before I got to sit down and play it.

The indie zone is always the best bet for an actually interesting time on the floor.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    IMO you gotta be up at the crack of dawn and in the main queue line to see something good before the crowd hits. and even then you'll only see one or two things before it gets really crazy... man i miss PAX now.

last year I got a bastion CD from their booth and didn't know the voice of rucks was standing right there and neglected to get a signature

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/01/supergiants-transistor-will-sorta-have-multiplayer/
    “The combat maybe could work in multiplayer, but I don’t see this game having deathmatch arenas or whatever. I think I can say that pretty safely,” Kasavin explained.

So then, how will Transistor’s circuitry scrambling antics take advantage of our pitiful, modern Internet? Well, honestly, you might not even notice – at least, at first.

“Something we’re more interested in is a sense of feeling connected to other people who are playing in a subtle way,” Kasavin said. “You can still have your personal experience around the story, but you always know you belong in a larger [world]. For example, players can sometimes see traces of other players’ paths moving around. Things of that nature. What’s interesting to us about this world is that it lends itself to some interesting things like that.”

Which kind of makes me think of Dark Souls. Never a bad thing, that. But what about co-op, an action-RPG staple since the days of Diablo’s rascally, soul-devouring youth? For now, Kasavin explained, it’s a no-go, but it’s actually been on Supergiant’s mind since Bastion’s beginning.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Huh. Not sure how to feel.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I'm always up for more Dark Souls style multiplayer.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Thats good because I couldnt play Dark Souls for more than an hour.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    This game looks so effin' good.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    been watching this and holy fuck i need this injected straight into my veins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmlnUCK9oWI

UGH THIS IS GOING TO BE SO GOOD

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    been watching this and holy fuck i need this injected straight into my veins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmlnUCK9oWI

UGH THIS IS GOING TO BE SO GOOD

I just listen to the audio from that video every so often. It's so good.

I will give them my money at the earliest possible moment.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    The tactics look like a good version of Fallout 3's system. It's a kind of super attack.

• Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    I never played Bastion. This concept art got me to go do that.

The tactical and cyberpunk elements in Transistor make me think I'll like it even more than I do Bastion.

• Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    I am pretty sure that Red can attack Younglady, predict her evasion, Jaunt() after her, and hit her again. That's awesome.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    Soooo... This will be out on PC and PS4.

Sony just double-sold me on a PS4.

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I have to say, that trailer is probably my second favorite video game trailer of all time.

(first is the Mass Effect 2 trailer with the Heart of Courage song)

Also:

Is there any chance that this will be on the Vita as well?

I mean, I'm getting a PS4 regardless, but it would be nice to get this for on the go also.

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    Ouch, that says something about MS lack of indie support next gen.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    Sagroth wrote: »
    I have to say, that trailer is probably my second favorite video game trailer of all time.

(first is the Mass Effect 2 trailer with the Heart of Courage song)

Also:

Is there any chance that this will be on the Vita as well?

I mean, I'm getting a PS4 regardless, but it would be nice to get this for on the go also.

All PS4 games (except those which uses the PS4 camera thinggy) will support remote play to the VITA, so there's that...

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Oh bloody heck.

I hate timed exclusives. PC gamers always get screwed. I'm gonna have to wait while you console guys get to enjoy my second most anticipated game of 2014?

Phooey.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Oh bloody heck.

I hate timed exclusives. PC gamers always get screwed. I'm gonna have to wait while you console guys get to enjoy my second most anticipated game of 2014?

Phooey.

That and you can't use the the internet for fear of spoilers during that month.

• Options
    No Logan Cunningham for a month :(

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Pretty sure that just means console exclusive. Super Giant says it's on Steam day one.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I got to play this yesterday. Suffice to say it was brilliant. The combat worked really well and was super fun. And that was just with the opening area demo.

Plus the art/sound/music design is just amazing.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Pretty sure that just means console exclusive. Super Giant says it's on Steam day one.

shit yes shit yes :D

bastion had some pretty simplistic gameplay but this? this is the art direction, audio direction, and HUGE GAMEPLAY DEPTH ultimate combination. i'm giddy.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Will this be on ps3 at all?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Will this be on ps3 at all?

I don't think so but on the plus side probably pretty much any PC will run it and you can use DS3 tool to use your PS3 controller for it.

• Options
    That's what I'll do then. I'm not planning on owning a PS4 for a long while...if at all.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Reminds me a little bit of the plan and go of Frozen Synapse more than a traditional straight up turn based game.

I am very very excited about this.

I might be missing something, but this doesn't look like Frozen Synapse -at all- to me?

FS: turn-based simultaneous execution of actions, have to predict where your opponent is located / is moving to / which actions he'll take in his turn in order to hit him. Plan movement and position for turns ahead

This: Activate 'turn mode' for a superspeed execution of actions while your opponent doesn't move. A real-time action game with a super power.

Alegis on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I was under the impression that your opponents do in fact act once the planning phase ends.

So in effect it is a simulation that says "What if they just stood there for like 10 seconds?"

I can't really tell from the intro baddies, though. They're not particularly active.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SulSul Registered User regular
    Timed exclusive that will only ever end up on ps4 and PC or timed exclusive that may do something like bastion and infiltrate many platforms? I am not terribly interested in a PS4. I will have a Wii U by then though and I do think that the game could do well on the Wii U.

Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    i'd imagine that this will eventually end up on as many platforms as possible, especially with SuperGiant Games self-publishing this time around. they'll need to do everything they can to make their money back and fund their next project.

not sure about the Wii U though. did Bastion ever make to the Wii or Wii U?

• Options
    SulSul Registered User regular
    Not sure that it did but it *should have*

Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHyghdluw8

Rev3 (Adam Sessler) interview the creator of Transistor. A good amount of game play is shown while they chat. Also the music sounds delicious!

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/03/transistor-and-the-secrets-of-the-dualshock-4/

The PS4 controller flashes in sync with the voice of the Transistor. That's... actually pretty cool.

• Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    Probably time to start talking about this again.

Y'know, since it's coming out on May 20th

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    Wooha! I'll be grabbing this on Steam. Bastion was one of my favorite games and this looks amazing.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    I didn't know that some people disliked Rucks' narration. It's a little hard to fathom.