Options

[Mechwarrior:Online] Missile HSR is in. Mvrck is the happiest person alive.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Weird Pilot Lab Possible Bug!

I was just able to buy the Master efficiency on one of my Jagers without completely Eliting the three variants first.

Anyone else see this before?

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    hjparcins wrote: »
    Are there none with ballistic slots?

Nope. Never been a canon Quickdraw with a ballistic weapon that didn't use Level 3 rules.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Nips wrote: »
    Weird Pilot Lab Possible Bug!

I was just able to buy the Master efficiency on one of my Jagers without completely Eliting the three variants first.

Anyone else see this before?

To get Master, you have to Elite three variants of the same WEIGHT CLASS. It's not like Basic-ing to get to Elite.

If you have two Elite Catapults and one Elite Dragon, you can master them

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Wow, that's...man, what?

Add that to the pile of weird design decisions in this game. The fact that Elite>Master unlocks are different from Basic>Elite unlocks makes no frigging sense.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Well that way if you only like one variant of a chassis you only have to basic them and elite a couple other chassis you do like. As soon as you basic out a chassis you can get rid of unwanted variants (though that's a separate debate)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    It doesn't even matter. No matter what, you need to get three variants and basic them out whenever a new mech drops. The only savings is that you can skip eliting those extra variants if you've already done it for a weight class and you only care about one.

You can do, for example, master in heavies (according to the text) if you elite out two DRGs and a CPLT, but you'd still have had to have basiced out 3 DRGs and 3 CPLTs to get to that point.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I will be jumping on MWO in an hour to play for a silly long period of time, or until I get fed up with it, whatever happens first.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I know I should use C-Bills whenever possible but fuck it, I want a DD now God damnit. INSTANT GRATIFICATION.

• Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Are you planning on getting some embroidered patches made up for realsies after this is done?

Shhhhh!!!! It's a Not-Very-Secret!

And one more really rough mockup for today, just for @TheCanMan
    OosikPatchShieldwithLatin_zps2f444af3.png

I was thinking patches or challenge coins...

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    Funny moment of last night:

I was playing with Pill and he was kicking ass in his PPC armed SDR-5D. Being that we were playing conquest, I decided to jump in my 5D and join him. Having seen him succeed with his build, I ask for tips.

He says:

"Remove all but one Jump Jet. Also all the armor off the left arm and the head. The left arm is useless and the head will never get shot."

I take his advice and build something similar.

The very next match, I get one shotted by a PPC boat... in the head. :(

I was so glad to have been a part of that match.

(A laughing at my now-dead teammate from the other side of the map part.)

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    It doesn't even matter. No matter what, you need to get three variants and basic them out whenever a new mech drops. The only savings is that you can skip eliting those extra variants if you've already done it for a weight class and you only care about one.

You can do, for example, master in heavies (according to the text) if you elite out two DRGs and a CPLT, but you'd still have had to have basiced out 3 DRGs and 3 CPLTs to get to that point.

Yeah, but skipping earning 43,000 skill points is nothing to scoff at

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    HURR DURRR IM GOOD AT THIS GAME. /s

TLCHD1X.jpg

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »
    HURR DURRR IM GOOD AT THIS GAME. /s
    TLCHD1X.jpg

We actually saw that same guy and build in a game tonight. He proffered "Farming, what can you do?" as an insufficient apology.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    There is no excuse for running a build like that. It instantly makes you a dick.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Well that wasn't fun at all... frozen city, we are all heavies/mediums... and maybe? an assault... enemy team. Five fucking lights, two assaults and maybe one medium... we couldn't even kill one of the lights... then their assaults show up and finish us all off.

:rage:

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    So he's got a hexaPPC Stalker. So do lots of other people. I don't get the big deal? No reflection on whether he's good at the game or bad at it. One could wish he'd be more creative, but one can't blame him for using what works, especially if he's trying to make a lot of cash.

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    When fighting lights with ballistics, LBXs are, by FAR the worst ballistic to use.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Blackjacks: For when you absolutely, positively have to play Quake 3 in Mechwarrior.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jagermech's with 2xLB10X and the quad-(m)laser: for when you still want stompy robot action...even if you're playing at 13 fps.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Spaten OptimatorSpaten Optimator Smooth Operator Registered User regular
    ozp8.jpg

This Jenner pilot was a lot of fun to watch. Down to 2v2, he neutered two Atlases who were hellbent on capping. Lots of surgical weapon removal via medium laser.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I don't think this got posted, Ask the Devs 40 has answers.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/122703-ask-the-devs-40-answered/page__pid__2452822
    StalaggtIKE: Light and Medium mechs were the most prevalent within Battletech lore, with Heavy and Assault being a rarity. This is not the case within our current meta game, which consists of opposing teams of mostly Heavy and Assault class. Basically the plan is to bring your largest, heaviest hitting mech. Is this intended,and if not, are there any plans to curb this trend?
    A: We have some plans in the works to limit the amount of tonnage on the battlefield and encourage balance through rewarding will structured teams.

Awesome :>

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    So he's got a hexaPPC Stalker. So do lots of other people. I don't get the big deal? No reflection on whether he's good at the game or bad at it. One could wish he'd be more creative, but one can't blame him for using what works, especially if he's trying to make a lot of cash.

I'm kinda drunk but I'm hoping this is satire...

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    LBXs are, seriously, terribad. I mean, come on. The idea is to kill mechs, not turn off their PPCs. Jagerbombs are so much better than Kamblajagers.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    kilnborn wrote: »
    LBXs are, seriously, terribad. I mean, come on. The idea is to kill mechs, not turn off their PPCs. Jagerbombs are so much better than Kamblajagers.
    You seem to be missing the point of the LBX.

Let me explain it:
    1.)KA
    2.)BLAM
    3.)!!!!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2013

Let me explain it:
    1.)KA
    2.)BLAM
    3.)!!!!

You left out Step 4

...giggle when people think you just cored them with AC20s

EDIT - seriously...this happened to me a few matches ago. Little Blackjack rounded a corner and ate 20 pellets to his CT a couple times, crumpled, and griped about all the AC20s

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    heckels wrote: »

I may hate the ever-loving shit out of the build, but if the guy is grinding for money or XP, I really can't hold it against him. And as we all know well, my hatred for the unbalanced is on par with that of Ye Olde Gods. It seriously really is a failure of the metagame that it's a reasonable build; people who would suicide-run mechs before they fixed that grinding oversight weren't being the most sporting, but they were simply exercising the greatest effort-to-profit routine available in the game.

Alpha-strike balance can't come fast enough for my tastes, because I remember when 4-5 PPCs in an Awesome was asking for 30 seconds of shutdown and that's exactly the sort of the thing we need right now.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options

Let me explain it:
    1.)KA
    2.)BLAM
    3.)!!!!

Step 4, kill a guy. Which LBXs don't do.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    not to mention that the pilot of that awesome was routinely soft boiling his eyeballs when he fired all them PPCs together...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    not to mention that the pilot of that awesome was routinely soft boiling his eyeballs when he fired all them PPCs together...

Yeah, when they get in a penalty for extreme overheating besides just shutting down, balance will start getting really nice.

Well, until "SUPRISE, CLAN TECH".

• Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular

I may hate the ever-loving shit out of the build, but if the guy is grinding for money or XP, I really can't hold it against him. And as we all know well, my hatred for the unbalanced is on par with that of Ye Olde Gods. It seriously really is a failure of the metagame that it's a reasonable build; people who would suicide-run mechs before they fixed that grinding oversight weren't being the most sporting, but they were simply exercising the greatest effort-to-profit routine available in the game.

Alpha-strike balance can't come fast enough for my tastes, because I remember when 4-5 PPCs in an Awesome was asking for 30 seconds of shutdown and that's exactly the sort of the thing we need right now.

No...you use those builds, you are just bad. Full stop. There is no excuse for using those kind of builds.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    Spaten OptimatorSpaten Optimator Smooth Operator Registered User regular
    Agreed. Unless that Stalker is the first mech that person bought, shit is bogus.

Also, the fact that that build is a thing is bogus.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to the new Quickdraw, I may even buy even more MC if they offer a Hero version.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I sense that someone dislikes LB10X.

I sense that someone has no soul.

(Also LB10X is like one of the best ballistics for hunting lights, if you're in something that moves more than 80kph. For real.)

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    OrickOrick Registered User regular
    edited June 2013

Let me explain it:
    1.)KA
    2.)BLAM
    3.)!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GNFoo5t4GWw

Orick on
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to the new Quickdraw, I may even buy even more MC if they offer a Hero version.

Seems unlikely for awhile. Right now there are four heavy Heroes plus one champion

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    BillGates wrote: »

No...you use those builds, you are just bad. Full stop. There is no excuse for using those kind of builds.

Thanks for reminded me that playing a game how I want to play it makes me a bad person.

You are such a goose.

Edit: Just to expound on this a little, since you might not understand: I don't play a 6 PPC stalker, but if I thought it was an interesting build, I would USE it, and to hell with you or anyone else for calling me "bad at the game" or "a bad person" because of it. Call it a cheese build. Call it unbalanced because of it's pin-point alpha( admittedly with a huge drawback of a refire rate I couldn't POSSIBLY keep up with). But the minute you insinuate I'm a bad person for using a perfectly viable, non TOS breaking build, you can go right back to the vat, as far as I'm concerned.

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I don't want to use such a build as I don't think I'd find it fun but its definitely not because I don't want to be seen as bad by people on the Internet. That is a very low priority for me.

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    LBXs aren't great, that's for damn sure, but I've used an LBX Jager and what can I say, it's FUN. I regularly do 750+ damage and get kills with it. sure, if You want to min-max they are not good. So why don't you go play a hexaPPC stalker?

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Orick wrote: »

Let me explain it:
    1.)KA
    2.)BLAM
    3.)!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GNFoo5t4GWw

And this is why I love space shotguns so much, dat quadruple component destruction + kill!

*edit*

When Geth likes your video all is right with the world.

Blood Drive on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    Digging on the 2PPC, 1 Gauss, 2 MLAS K2 build. Need to play conservatively and support your team, as well as manage your heat. 3 Tons of ammo seems fairly sufficient, might be able to drop one ton for an extra DHS, but I usually end a match with about 3-7 gauss rounds left.

bv2ylq8pac8s.png