Options

Mechwarrior Online: They've just gone obtuse!

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    altmann wrote: »
    Fuck me baby was sick all weekend I barely got any Mechwarrior in. Oh well i popped on for a sec but I realized it was midnight and I couldn't start doing 4 mans or I'd be up WAY too late. I'll try to get some games in this week.

Due to the lack of commas, I read this TOTALLY wrong (as in, the entity known as "Fuck me baby" was sick all weekend).

MWO related, though: I was, perhaps, a little optimistic in my assessment of my laptop's ability to play stompy robots. Turns out, I can play a match, maybe two, before my computer blue screens to prevent it from melting itself. Guess I'm out of the cockpit until I get back home... :cry:

Nah, you've just got to find a walk in fridge to play in!

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Stream chat tonight was fucking hilarious.

• Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    ;( I hate being enticed by so many hard points and then not being able to use all of them.

Lil' Dakka [CDA-3C]: AC/2, 3xMG, LAME, 275XL, DHS, Endo, Ferro

The best of all worlds! Feel free to swap the Flamer for a MLas, but I find it more fun to annoy bigger mechs and make them cook.

8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    The booms are too tiny!

Then get a CTF-4X and go quad AC5's

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Cataphracts are so slow ;o;

And my AC20 Flame is doing so badly. I am sad. I'm going to go to bed and rebuild my Flame and figure out if I want a cheesy Cicada or a big strong Jager in the morning.

Edit: Will probably roll over and finally try a gauss rifle on the Flame

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Buffing machine guns? so my 4MG spider will finally be viable instead of just fun?

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular

And my AC20 Flame is doing so badly. I am sad. I'm going to go to bed and rebuild my Flame and figure out if I want a cheesy Cicada or a big strong Jager in the morning.

Flame, 4LL XL300, lots of DHS

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular

4 MLAS and AC 10 on Flame is also good.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    BillGates wrote: »

Well, then you can just as well put an AC/20 with a STD300 on there - see my sig for the build. Or what exactly are you gaining by downgrading to an AC/10?

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    So this upcoming patch is the only one I've been actually excited about for several months now; yeah, a lot of patches before this have added some really great stuff, but this next patch may finally put the game balance in a place where I don't want to choke people with a shoe and lets all the great new additions come out and play without getting stomped on by PPC alphas.

Anyway, just a fair warning that if this patch doesn't really solve anything, then my attitude will be... well, let's just say "frothing" will be a key component, and nobody ever says "frothing with happy".

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »

Well, then you can just as well put an AC/20 with a STD300 on there - see my sig for the build. Or what exactly are you gaining by downgrading to an AC/10?

A 360XL engine.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

Speed, arguably the most important thing you can have on a DRG.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I have died miserably in every trial Dragon there has been. I am considering getting one, but egads it seems like a frustratingly futile effort.

Currently I own an Awesome 8Q, Catapult K2 and an Atlas D-DC for reference.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

A 360XL engine.

Right, fair point.

• Options
    Dragon's are not an easy mech. You have to play them as a heavy scout. You excel in city maps, zigging and zagging between buildings unleashing a alpha, then quickly hiding as fast you first appeared. They are not durable, and the large CT allows them to get cored rather quickly.

They also cost alot of money (Mostly for the XL) in order to get into the optimal loadout. You can get away with a STD engine, and viable builds such as AC 20 and 4 MLAS. However, speed is the Dragons best ally. In general with the Dragon mechs, the faster the better.

Dragons are excellent at destroying enemy morale. If you can get behind enemy lines you can disrupt the entire back line and cause chaos, causing the enemy to frantically try to search for you, before you come from the shadows and strike with another alpha.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Unlucky wrote: »
    I have died miserably in every trial Dragon there has been. I am considering getting one, but egads it seems like a frustratingly futile effort.

Trial mechs are basically proactive penance. Play trial mechs now, spend less time in purgatory after you die. They're really, really lousy for getting the feel for a mech unless you've already spent a lot of time in the game; even then, it would mostly only be because you've never tried the mech in question and already know what "good" weapon placements feel like.

But if you've only been playing long enough to be dealing with trial mechs at the moment, stepping up to a Dragon isn't something I would advise. They're more sophisticated for playing well with, and the engines they need aren't cheap. Hard to go wrong with the Centurion or Hunchback line; the Blackjack is good too, though it's somewhat flimsier (no vulnerable hunch, though, which is a big plus in something that can carry an AC20). There's maybe one or two variants from those three models that aren't great, and you do stuff with them for pretty cheap.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been playing long enough, since early beta honestly. I'm of a middle-ok ground of skill, I enjoy the larger slower mechs, but the Dragon looks like a relatively alright compromise between speed and armament. I was also contemplating buying flame or fang, as I don't yet own a hero mech. Any suggestions on the better of the two?

Fantastic
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Even if I am fast as all getout, I need to stick closer to the pack and NOT run around solo so much.

And I need to especially not do this in my Quadapult. It is not as fast as it feels it is. Seriously, it feels like you're stomping along at over 100kph, when in fact you're closer to 87kph...

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been playing long enough, since early beta honestly. I'm of a middle-ok ground of skill, I enjoy the larger slower mechs, but the Dragon looks like a relatively alright compromise between speed and armament. I was also contemplating buying flame or fang, as I don't yet own a hero mech. Any suggestions on the better of the two?

The Flame by a mile. It's got a unique hardpoint layout (LT ballistic, 4 arm energy, CT missile) you can do tons of fun stuff with, while the Fang is basically just a mix between a 1C and a 1N.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I Jagerbombed in the FB last night. It didn't seem as deadly as it used to be. I did notice more AC/20 hits with out damage again. :(

Capsaicin on
    capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    The latest patch seems to have broken HSR for ballistics and missiles.

Lasers seem fine though.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    Man, downgrading to an AC10 sounds fine but that engine is going to be so expensive! 81kph does seem like it's just too slow though.

• Options
    wreckzorswreckzors Registered User regular
    I am really excited about tomorrows patch.. Also, I am hoping beyond hope that the "Sarah" mech is actually the urbanmech

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Oh, great and powerful web-wizards of the Oosik mech lab!

...The RVN-4X has hand and lower arm actuators in the right arm that don't belong there.

(Yes, I know I should stop trying to make satisfying builds with these bad Ravens. But by god, I'm going to make them work. And yes, I pilot Ravens, and I regret nothing.)
    Capsaicin wrote:
    I Jagerbombed in the FB last night. It didn't seem as deadly as it used to be. I did notice more AC/20 hits with out damage again. :(

I've been having problems in my Jagerbomb recently as well. Right there with you, being disappointed. :/

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    AC/10 vs AC/20...

Yes the 20 has better alpha and a better dps, but the 10 has a better range, higher projectile velocity (easier to hit with), better ROF, more ammo per ton, and more potential damage per ton of ammo.

The 20 is king at close ranges but for a more fluid environment, I like the 10 better for it's flexibility.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

The Flame by a mile. It's got a unique hardpoint layout (LT ballistic, 4 arm energy, CT missile) you can do tons of fun stuff with, while the Fang is basically just a mix between a 1C and a 1N.

If you're going for unique, go Flame. I personally prefer my Fang and it really depends on what kind of builds you're interested in.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    AC/10 vs AC/20...

Yes the 20 has better alpha and a better dps, but the 10 has a better range, higher projectile velocity (easier to hit with), better ROF, more ammo per ton, and more potential damage per ton of ammo.

The 20 is king at close ranges but for a more fluid environment, I like the 10 better for it's flexibility.

The 10 just doesn't have that thunderous BOOM upon firing and impact.

When something gets hit with an AC/20, the entire world knows it.

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    What's the big deal about the next patch? I know the Quickdraw was confirmed, but was anything else? Like the PPC-boating heat penalty?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    f3rret wrote: »
    What's the big deal about the next patch? I know the Quickdraw was confirmed, but was anything else? Like the PPC-boating heat penalty?

MG buff! UNF UNF UNF!

Not sure if they are implementing heat penalty stacking for energy weapon boating this patch, but there was some talk of it recently.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Confirmed for Tuesday; MG buff, Flamer buff, Pulse Laser normalization, and the Quickdraw.

• Options
    I'd like to try the MGs after this buff but also the flamer buff seems pretty sweet too.

• Options
    Details on buff flamer? [/nohomo]

• Options
    Apparently it's going from .4 to .7 damage.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Oh, great and powerful web-wizards of the Oosik mech lab!

...The RVN-4X has hand and lower arm actuators in the right arm that don't belong there.

Fixed. You may need to clear your cache and do a hard refresh for the changes to show up on your browser. Let me know if you find any other extra/missing actuators, incorrect number of crit slots, etc.

• Options
    Twas the night before Patchmas, when all through the mech bay
    Not a person was stirring, not even our fair Kay.
    The helmets were hung by the lockers with care,
    In hopes that THE Patch(tm) would soon be there.

The Oosiks were nestled all snug in their bunks,
    While Petra envisioned men and beefy-armed hunks.
    With Forbe in his knickers, he's such a silly cracka,
    As TOG mutters in his sleep, "DAKKA-DAKKA, DAKKA-DAKKA!"

• Options
    The latest patch seems to have broken HSR for ballistics and missiles.

Lasers seem fine though.

No, lasers seem a bit off too... I've visually hit targets square in the face without getting a hit indicator a bunch of times now... Whatever it is, it seems to affect everything.

• Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Awwwwwwwww yeeeeah, time to bust this guy out tomorrow

[JM6-S]: 4xMG, 4xLPLS, 300XL, DHS, Endo

I'm totally replacing those LPLs with PPCs

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    Twas the night before Patchmas, when all through the mech bay
    Not a person was stirring, not even our fair Kay.
    The helmets were hung by the lockers with care,
    In hopes that THE Patch(tm) would soon be there.

The Oosiks were nestled all snug in their bunks,
    While Petra envisioned men and beefy-armed hunks.
    With Forbe in his knickers, he's such a silly cracka,
    As TOG mutters in his sleep, "DAKKA-DAKKA, DAKKA-DAKKA!"

When suddenly I awoke to a loud banging crash
    Kaboodles was raging, a Raven was trashed
    "Streaks are still broken!" he yelled, his face turning red,
    "I'll murder 'em all, 'til every last Raven is dead!"

"That's nothing," said one, who's style is stabby,
    "It's Particle Cannons that make me so crabby."
    The Oosiks will cheer when hex-PPC strikes
    cause eyeballs to boil with a giant heat spike.

• Options
    So if MGs are gonna have 1 DPS, I wonder about putting 6 of them on a Jager DD. Would you be able to get close enough to the enemy though. Jager so slow.

• Options
    So if MGs are gonna have 1 DPS, I wonder about putting 6 of them on a Jager DD. Would you be able to get close enough to the enemy though. Jager so slow.

If you can get close enough for AC/20s then it's only a bit farther to get into range with MGs. My Jagers usually sport 280xl or 300xl motors and get up and boogie quite well. 2nd fastest Heavy until the Quickdraw comes out.