Options

Work appropriate [chat]

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I mean

I can certainly gis "captain america girl". I feel confident that there will be female captains america running around. crossplay is a thing

... hm

is it captains america or captain americas

Tamin on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Should be a rule that all train stations have sweet little pups on nosing about and frolicking duty 24/7

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    fucking sikh captain america op as fuck

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    WASHINGTON—Adding to the six basic functions that have for years made up the foundation of trigonometry, the nation’s mathematics teachers reportedly introduced 27 new functions today that high schoolers will be expected to master. “While the core of the trigonometry curriculum has traditionally consisted solely of sine, cosine, tangent, secant, cosecant, and cotangent, henceforth we will be including gasmin, negtan, cosvnx, and two dozen others, such as tosna and cotosna, that our pupils will need to have down pat in order to pass,” Coolidge Senior High School trig teacher Robert Beckman said on behalf of the nation’s math educators, emphasizing that students will be required to have full understanding of tofsin, pomen, cocosine, phyxyx, fotsin, and fostin as they apply to the various properties of equilateral, isosceles, and scalene triangles. “Students will also need to know the corresponding graphs for the functions. For example, drin forms a sort of stepladder going up the X and Y axes, while codrin forms a stepladder going down. I can assure you that all of these are absolutely crucial to understanding basic trigonometry, not to mention a requisite for anyone seeking to graduate and move on to college.” Beckman added that factoring will be cut from the math curriculum entirely because it’s “annoying and too fucking hard sometimes.”

Finally we are getting serious about STEM education.

No wonder we need to issue so many H1N1 visas, I hadn't heard of half of those functions.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

okay captain america can have a turban, as long as captain america is never a girl because girsl cant be in the army

tumblr_lwsdyjgqUA1r7luaho1_500.jpg

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    People who are geeky tend to discuss geeky things. Possibly while eating.

This shocking news and more after the break.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The mantle of Captain America can be taken up by a woman. A strong shield-throwing arm, not a penis, is a required tool to fight HYDRA.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I gotta admit, if I saw a UN vehicle in my neighborhood I would wonder what the fuck was going on.

I would probably feel pretty antagonistic towards them.

Don't worry, they're just there to provide humanitarian medical aid, like they do in other failed states that have decided not to provide for their own.

I know this is old, but I had to requote it and awesome it so more people can see it.

This here? This is DK Gold.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Interestingly enough the Tories are throwing a shitfit about the UN special rapporteur on housing directly criticising one of their flagship policies.

Mostly because it is a policy deliberately crafted to kick the most vulnerable in the balls and she had the gall to both say so and use the commonplace name for it instead of their preferred euphemistic one.

Have the Tories always been this awful or are they learning from Republicans

They haven't been in government in over a decade so I think they've just forgotten that people will notice undisguised malice.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I mean

I can certain gis "captain america girl". I feel confident that there will be female captains america running around. crossplay is a thing

... hm

dude I wasn't being serious

you can call off your crusade

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    The mantle of Captain America can be taken up by a woman. A strong shield-throwing arm, not a penis, is a required tool to fight HYDRA.
    Wonder Woman is basically DC female captain America.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    It's Captains America.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @Pony

What's the tabletop RPG about?

• Options
    I mean

I can certain gis "captain america girl". I feel confident that there will be female captains america running around. crossplay is a thing

... hm

I'm not crusading

I'm sitting here, utterly bemused, because your post came across as incredibly hostile.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Interestingly enough the Tories are throwing a shitfit about the UN special rapporteur on housing directly criticising one of their flagship policies.

Mostly because it is a policy deliberately crafted to kick the most vulnerable in the balls and she had the gall to both say so and use the commonplace name for it instead of their preferred euphemistic one.

They haven't been in government in over a decade so I think they've just forgotten that people will notice undisguised malice.

Isn't that what the Thatcher legacy is built on?

• Options
    I mean

... hm

I'm not crusading

I'm sitting here, utterly bemused, because your post came across as incredibly hostile.

What is this I don't even

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Analysts at UBS, JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, and Bank of America all downgraded their ratings on Apple's stock, which is down more than 5 percent this morning.

There will be much wailing and conspiracy theories.

What conspiracy theory? The issue is that yesterday's keynote was underwhelming, and the competition is getting stiffer for Apple. I would also bet that this is a cumulative shellacking, reflecting all of the issues Apple has had the past few months.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    It's Captains America.

Captain Americas. !Con el Capitán America!

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    I gotta admit, if I saw a UN vehicle in my neighborhood I would wonder what the fuck was going on.

I would probably feel pretty antagonistic towards them.

Don't worry, they're just there to provide humanitarian medical aid, like they do in other failed states that have decided not to provide for their own.

I know this is old, but I had to requote it and awesome it so more people can see it.

This here? This is DK Gold.

I Lol'd

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    @Pony

What's the tabletop RPG about?

It's a generic fantasy scenario for Savage Worlds, I just want to playtest the combat system over IRC, that's all.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I am mad I can't find the photo of the adorable little girl in the captain America costume and tutu standing in a polling station to post for a female cap.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Apple's stock prices are kind of a victim of their own success. nothing they can do at this point will be enough. the new iPhone could give you free blowjobs and people would complain they aren't sloppy enough

• Options
    @emnmnme btw the other day, I didn't deny your game request... that was my son playing on my account. He apologized later for not saying so...

• Options
    For the record I would like to state that my previous attempt at jocularity was ill concieved and insulted the individual known as Tamin

My lawyers have advised me to state that, for the record, I would have no problem with captain america having a vagina, or even having a penis and identifying as a woman, in fact that would be kind of rad

It would, in fact, be amazing entirely for the reaction of comic nerds

• Options
    Analysts at UBS, JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, and Bank of America all downgraded their ratings on Apple's stock, which is down more than 5 percent this morning.

What conspiracy theory? The issue is that yesterday's keynote was underwhelming, and the competition is getting stiffer for Apple. I would also bet that this is a cumulative shellacking, reflecting all of the issues Apple has had the past few months.

64 bit gold iPhones are not underwhelming.

Only going to 64 GB is though fak u Tim cook hope you fail and poop urself.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

We cool hipsters did not talk about any nerd stuff it was all cool hip things

Like gluten and Duran Duran

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

Isn't that what the Thatcher legacy is built on?

Thatcher was good at dressing up horrific ideas as a boon for the ordinary person.

Our current Tories started shipping poor people out of london to other cities and then were surprised that people thought this harsh, and that people that don't live in london are not impressed by policies that solve problems that exist in london by exacerbating them elsewhere.

• Options
    For the record I would like to state that my previous attempt at jocularity was ill concieved and insulted the individual known as Tamin

My lawyers have advised me to state that, for the record, I would have no problem with captain america having a vagina, or even having a penis and identifying as a woman, in fact that would be kind of rad

It would, in fact, be amazing entirely for the reaction of comic nerds

I'm not insulted. I was confused by what I, mistakenly, read as an overreaction to a guy cosplaying as captain america.

we're good on this end

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I ate a burger that was not medium rare on purpose. The inside almost certainly did not exceed 100º for very long. If I poop out all my organs, tell my family to throw away my computer. Really, don't look. Just toss it into a fire.

psssst

hey kid

you wanna see some bad internet

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

She's not even American! Unlike Superman, she still considers Themyscira, the hidden island of Amazon women, to be her home even though she's been exiled from there a dozen times.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    do stock prices have anything to do with business success anymore

i can't imagine they have that much to do with it anymore

poo
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

We cool hipsters did not talk about any nerd stuff it was all cool hip things

Like gluten and Duran Duran

The only hip thing to talk about is how silly people who talk about things with other people are.

• Options
    Also most of the repercussions of Thatcher policies didn't start to really bite until a decade or so down the line.

• Options
    yeah I uh... don't have a problem with sikhs either

I love what that guy is doing

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    social anxiety is the worst

the

wooooorst

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Apple's stock prices are kind of a victim of their own success. nothing they can do at this point will be enough. the new iPhone could give you free blowjobs and people would complain they aren't sloppy enough

Apple stock prices seem to always fall immediately following a product announcement.

Were I a person with lots of liquidity right now, I would buy the shit out of the stock, because come September 20th, it is going to recover all of the losses and post a modest gain. This shit happens every time, and I think lots of people get richer off of the Announcement->Release stock fluctuations.

The new iPhone is the best one they have made yet from a power / performance / feature level, and it is going to be purchased in droves from the 4s and 4 users who have been waiting on an upgrade.

They also just got certification in China to launch on the carriers there, including the largest one in the entire country.

It will be impossible for the iPhone 5s to sell less than prior phones. If anything, sales will probably double this generation, just on the back of China.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

She's not even American! Unlike Superman, she still considers Themyscira, the hidden island of Amazon women, to be her home even though she's been exiled from there a dozen times.

Neeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Apple stock drops after every announcement. This is because analysts wouldn't be satisfied if Apple were to release a 0-cost device that did your laundry, taxes, and gardening, acted as a watch/phone/tv/car/submarine, and shot kittens and blowjobs from two different ports on its unobtanium housing, all while unfolding from the size of a matchbook to a 46" screen.

• Options

Neeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddd.

This discussion has been closed.