Options

Work appropriate [chat]

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    let's laugh at blizzard making a typo in their patch announcement!
    we're implemented a balance change for [...] Heart of the Swarm multiplayer

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    emnmnme btw the other day, I didn't deny your game request... that was my son playing on my account. He apologized later for not saying so...

Tell mini-spool not to worry about it. I don't really know how to play Magic cards anyways but I can't say no to FREE!

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    The mantle of Captain America can be taken up by a woman. A strong shield-throwing arm, not a penis, is a required tool to fight HYDRA.
    Wonder Woman is basically DC female captain America.

She's not even American! Unlike Superman, she still considers Themyscira, the hidden island of Amazon women, to be her home even though she's been exiled from there a dozen times.

Immigrants cannot become American now? FINE I guess I'll just go burn my childhood dreams and that export I made out of scrap paper and a potato stamp

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Really does sound like our current right. they've more or less given up dressing up their policies as fiscally sound but heartless to being assholes for it's own sake.

Like states refusing large amounts of mostly free money to give poor people health care? Fuck you we don't want your stinkin healthcare

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    social anxiety is the worst

the

wooooorst
    I have a sort-of job interview in a few minutes (mock tutoring session for an online service) and for some reason instead of feeling anxious I'm manic as fuck. I'm not sure it's better.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman is an illegal immigrant.

She can't be Captain America.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Apple can't guarantee perpetual growth to investors who have come to expect perpetual growth, and their stock price drops as a result.

Shocker.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    You know what's worse than anxiety?

Forced child marriages.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

the

wooooorst

Is it normal for social anxiety to not really apply to work situations

because I do fine at work but you get me outside of work or even take coworkers out of the office and put me with them and I shut down

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Wonder Woman is an illegal immigrant.

She can't be Captain America.

What's more, her secret identity, Diana Prince, works for the FBI.

• Options

Forced child marriages.

well those involve a lot of anxiety too

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Analysts at UBS, JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, and Bank of America all downgraded their ratings on Apple's stock, which is down more than 5 percent this morning.

There will be much wailing and conspiracy theories.

What conspiracy theory? The issue is that yesterday's keynote was underwhelming, and the competition is getting stiffer for Apple. I would also bet that this is a cumulative shellacking, reflecting all of the issues Apple has had the past few months.

Apple stock drops after every announcement. This is because analysts wouldn't be satisfied if Apple were to release a 0-cost device that did your laundry, taxes, and gardening, acted as a watch/phone/tv/car/submarine, and shot kittens and blowjobs from two different ports on its unobtanium housing, all while unfolding from the size of a matchbook to a 46" screen.

46 inch?

thats like half the size of the next Samsung Note

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    @skippydumptruck i am in san francisco

it is cloudy and grey with a high of 66 and a low of 58, also it is windy
    also there is marijuana everywhere

hm

poo
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular

the

wooooorst

because I do fine at work but you get me outside of work or even take coworkers out of the office and put me with them and I shut down
    I definitely find that having some sort of structure or purpose to the interaction helps me tremendously. Time-killing small talk is the worst.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Holy shit a bit of good news...

A friend of mine who had disappeared from everything because he relapsed into heroin is now two months clean and reconnecting with people.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

the

wooooorst

No this makes sense

As long as I put on my 'work mask' and only do what's asked of me and basically compartmentalize my life hard I do fine

It's when I try to be ambitious or do things outside my normal duties or whatever that anxiety attacks

• Options

Forced child marriages.

Well yeah. What will she think of me, will she suffer horrible injuries from grossly premature intercourse with me.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    UPDATE ON MICROSOFT HOLDING MY WORD AND EXCEL FILES FOR RANSOM FOR $140:

My mom just had it happen to her on her computer as well.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Analysts at UBS, JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, and Bank of America all downgraded their ratings on Apple's stock, which is down more than 5 percent this morning.

There will be much wailing and conspiracy theories.

What conspiracy theory? The issue is that yesterday's keynote was underwhelming, and the competition is getting stiffer for Apple. I would also bet that this is a cumulative shellacking, reflecting all of the issues Apple has had the past few months.

Apple stock drops after every announcement. This is because analysts wouldn't be satisfied if Apple were to release a 0-cost device that did your laundry, taxes, and gardening, acted as a watch/phone/tv/car/submarine, and shot kittens and blowjobs from two different ports on its unobtanium housing, all while unfolding from the size of a matchbook to a 46" screen.

46 inch?

thats like half the size of the next Samsung Note

Galaxy Note: Because it's the size of a local cluster!

I blame cargo shorts.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I get social anxiety from time to time but lately I've been alright, have hung out several times with people I'd never spoken to in person before and had good times. Alcohol probably helped a bit

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Apple can't guarantee perpetual growth to investors who have come to expect perpetual growth, and their stock price drops as a result.

Shocker.
    But whats funny is that they ARE perpetually growing still.

iphonesales.png

Always a huge quarter, followed by down quarters, followed by a bigger 1st sales quarter than the last big one.

This pattern is going to continue at least for another generation.

The stock fluctuations is based on psychology more than reality... which is pretty much true of all stocks.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Though usually mine manifests as coming up with reasons to not even leave the house, not as like shutting down in a group and not speaking

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    The mantle of Captain America can be taken up by a woman. A strong shield-throwing arm, not a penis, is a required tool to fight HYDRA.
    Wonder Woman is basically DC female captain America.

She's not even American! Unlike Superman, she still considers Themyscira, the hidden island of Amazon women, to be her home even though she's been exiled from there a dozen times.

That's pretty American (gen1). Her kids will still speak Amazon but they'll think of America as home. Her grandkids will politely tolerate stories of the old country.

The lasso and bracelets won't even come out of storage again until like gen5 or so, when some young descendant gets curious about her heritage.

• Options
    Gosling wrote: »
    UPDATE ON MICROSOFT HOLDING MY WORD AND EXCEL FILES FOR RANSOM FOR $140:

My mom just had it happen to her on her computer as well.

Hmmm!

To the google search!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013

Forced child marriages.

You know what's worse than forced child marriages?

The fact that we live in a repressive society where a man cannot purchase a pillow with the cartoon image of a sexualized underage girl, even though she is in fact an 800 year old kawaii demon.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

Forced child marriages.

The fact that we live in a repressive society where a man cannot purchase a pillow with the cartoon image of a sexualized underage girl, even though she is in fact an 800 year old kawaii demon.

That's still legal in the U.S. my friend.

Thank The Lord Ronald Reagan.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple's stock prices are kind of a victim of their own success. nothing they can do at this point will be enough. the new iPhone could give you free blowjobs and people would complain they aren't sloppy enough

Apple stock prices seem to always fall immediately following a product announcement.

Were I a person with lots of liquidity right now, I would buy the shit out of the stock, because come September 20th, it is going to recover all of the losses and post a modest gain. This shit happens every time, and I think lots of people get richer off of the Announcement->Release stock fluctuations.

The new iPhone is the best one they have made yet from a power / performance / feature level, and it is going to be purchased in droves from the 4s and 4 users who have been waiting on an upgrade.

They also just got certification in China to launch on the carriers there, including the largest one in the entire country.

It will be impossible for the iPhone 5s to sell less than prior phones. If anything, sales will probably double this generation, just on the back of China.

Yeah, but a boring, bestselling product that doesn't get much buzz at all is not the one you make while your company is on the rise. It's your Windows XP, your Guitar Hero 3. It's where you cash in on all the work from the previous years. But going forward, people are going to be looking for something that excites them.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

Shocker.
    But whats funny is that they ARE perpetually growing still.

iphonesales.png

Always a huge quarter, followed by down quarters, followed by a bigger 1st sales quarter than the last big one.

This pattern is going to continue at least for another generation.

The stock fluctuations is based on psychology more than reality... which is pretty much true of all stocks.

a little bit of psychology, a lot of algorithms doing things against other algorithms

stock price as a measure of business health and success idk seems questionable

poo
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Really does sound like our current right. they've more or less given up dressing up their policies as fiscally sound but heartless to being assholes for it's own sake.

Like states refusing large amounts of mostly free money to give poor people health care? Fuck you we don't want your stinkin healthcare

The specific policy that the UN person was shocked about was the "spare room subsidy" otherwise know as the "bedroom tax" which is a financial penalty imposed on people in social housing that they are "under-occupying". For example, a couple with one kid in a three bedroom place, etc. Basically, if you have a spare bedroom, fuck you. This is ostensibly to free up capacity in the available social housing stock.

The principle problem being that there are very few small properties actually available. Not just in social housing stock, just in general. It is literally impossible for more than a very small proportion of the people that are underoccupying by the government definition to move somewhere smaller, because the number of small properties required does not exist.

So many of these people, who can no longer afford to live in housing that is supposed to be provided for the most vulnerable are in the situation of "accomplish an impossible task or be made homeless".

Couple that with the fact that the chronic shortage of housing (social or otherwise) in the UK is down to a Tory policy in the first place...

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I don't know if anyone else here reads Cracked, but man...I'm so sick of David Wong's preachy pretentiousness. His 9/11 article really pushed me over the edge.

Just shut the fuck up dude and get your head out of your own ass. I go to Cracked to read humorous lists while I'm on the shitter. When I see an article titles 'X things we've learned since 9/11', I expect it to be interesting scientific discoveries interspersed with dick jokes and funny captioned pictures.

Not someone ranting about how the TSA and NSA are invading their privacy and we're all sheeple man, sheeple.

• Options
    But what happens when apple needs to innovate not just renovate? Where's the next i tech boom going to come from? Checkmate geniuses.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Forced child marriages.

Well, you can in murica (I think?), just not in the UK

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

Forced child marriages.

Well yeah. What will she think of me, will she suffer horrible injuries from grossly premature intercourse with me.

Well I was more referring to the anxiety the victim experiences because I'd imagine the guy in that situation probably has no qualms about A and B is a near certainty

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else here reads Cracked, but man...I'm so sick of David Wong's preachy pretentiousness. His 9/11 article really pushed me over the edge.

Just shut the fuck up dude and get your head out of your own ass. I go to Cracked to read humorous lists while I'm on the shitter. When I see an article titles 'X things we've learned since 9/11', I expect it to be interesting scientific discoveries interspersed with dick jokes and funny captioned pictures.

Not someone ranting about how the TSA and NSA are invading their privacy and we're all sheeple man, sheeple.

John Cheese's "Back in my day, we wore newspapers for shoes and we were grateful!" articles have that effect on me.

GET ON THE BALL CRACKED!

• Options
    It is interesting how cyclical apple's earnings are. Probably because their upgrade / release cycles are extremely regimented and constant unlike most tech companies.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Apple's stock prices are kind of a victim of their own success. nothing they can do at this point will be enough. the new iPhone could give you free blowjobs and people would complain they aren't sloppy enough

Apple stock prices seem to always fall immediately following a product announcement.

Were I a person with lots of liquidity right now, I would buy the shit out of the stock, because come September 20th, it is going to recover all of the losses and post a modest gain. This shit happens every time, and I think lots of people get richer off of the Announcement->Release stock fluctuations.

The new iPhone is the best one they have made yet from a power / performance / feature level, and it is going to be purchased in droves from the 4s and 4 users who have been waiting on an upgrade.

They also just got certification in China to launch on the carriers there, including the largest one in the entire country.

It will be impossible for the iPhone 5s to sell less than prior phones. If anything, sales will probably double this generation, just on the back of China.

Yeah, but a boring, bestselling product that doesn't get much buzz at all is not the one you make while your company is on the rise. It's your Windows XP, your Guitar Hero 3. It's where you cash in on all the work from the previous years. But going forward, people are going to be looking for something that excites them.

I really don't want them to fuck with the iPhone or the iPad at this point.

The fingerprint thing is welcome if it works as well as it seems to, and eventual RFID in the iPhone for purchases would be swell.

Otherwise... the resolution is more than enough for the phone, the size is pretty much perfect (people who need phablets have another OS they can use), and its become a basic utility in my everyday life that I don't want massively revolutionized any more.

Same with the iPad. Add the Fingerprint thing, increase power, RAM and battery life, and coast with it for years and years.

Apple needs to find a new market to do their revolutionary stuff in, because I see their iPads and iPhones like I view their laptops. How drastic and revolutionary (aside from going retina) have their laptop upgrades been over the past 6 years? And they still pretty much completely own the high end laptop market.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

Forced child marriages.

Well, you can in murica (I think?), just not in the UK

I'm not a fan of the legislation in question, mostly because it is a hamfisted attempt at solving a complex problem

having said that this appears to be an instance of it actually solving the problem it was intended to

so

• Options

Forced child marriages.

Well I was more referring to the anxiety the victim experiences because I'd imagine the guy in that situation probably has no qualms about A and B is a near certainty

I knew that. I subverted it on purpose.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

the

wooooorst

Work is a formal structured thing with pretty expected modes of behavior pretty clearly defined relationships.

That probably eliminates a lot of the concerns you have.

Even going to random people houses to work on their computers and shit, I never really had a problem. If they tried to break the bubble of the tech/customer relationship, I would sort of get uncomfortable.

Fuck... this shit is fucking with me at the moment. It's really hard to get a job when you have a mini panic attack every time the phone rings and it is strange number. Like actually hard to answer the thing.

I really need to do something about this, but the means begging money of a parent, and I don't feel comfortable talking to him about it, or asking for money.

grrrrr... I've been trying to make myself do that for a week and a half now.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    As pedophile fantasies go, "800 year old kawaii demon" seems almost acceptable!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.