As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GTA5] Old thread, ready to lock.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hey is it okay is some of my real life friends join the crew?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Are they classy lads?

(of course)

jdarksun on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Are they classy lads?

(of course)

If not they can still play their part as the dudes who click bottles together with their fingers. I for one will be blasting Flight of the Valkyries from my Humvee.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Are they classy lads?

(of course)

I'll demote them back to the Stone Age if they mess around.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I wonder if we should get some Max Payne action in while we wait for GTA: Online so the crew can have some activity going in it.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I wonder if we should get some Max Payne action in while we wait for GTA: Online so the crew can have some activity going in it.

I would, but then I'd have to re-download Max Payne. Like 30 gigs. I sold my console copy when the PC version came out.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    My dream is that yoga will be some kind of weird QWOP thing where you just get to see all the weird ragdoll effects the game can do.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I'll gladly play the PC version.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    One thing I'm hoping with multiplayer is that it doesn't take a ton of time to get the better clothing. Like the suits in GTAIV actually looked good and I hope to sport something similar rather quickly.

I don't know... in IV it seemed that the suits became available at about the right time, as Niko was finally starting to become something just a bit more than a haggard immigrant. It wasn't too late into the game or anything and story-wise made some sense.

The real problem was that there was basically no other customization besides suits, which I understand will be very different in GTA V. I do hope that we can at least get some good choices early on.

• Options
    ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    Joined the crew as:

Arlinton (no G)

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Egos wrote: »
    One thing I'm hoping with multiplayer is that it doesn't take a ton of time to get the better clothing. Like the suits in GTAIV actually looked good and I hope to sport something similar rather quickly.

I don't know... in IV it seemed that the suits became available at about the right time, as Niko was finally starting to become something just a bit more than a haggard immigrant. It wasn't too late into the game or anything and story-wise made some sense.

The real problem was that there was basically no other customization besides suits, which I understand will be very different in GTA V. I do hope that we can at least get some good choices early on.

In the singleplayer , the timing was fine and no issue with that. As I said with "multiplayer", I'm hoping getting clothes above the tracksuit variety doesn't take a shitload of time . Or they have something a tad more... subdued at that level.

On another semi related note, the suits in GTAIV were really well done say compared to Saint's Row (which just had atrocious suits that looked like they were made of velvet or felt or something).

My ranking would be like GTA >> Sleeping Dogs >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saint's Row (in terms of suit quality)

Egos on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Ok, spent a few more minutes finishing up F-Dog (ok, 45 minutes, ugh this editor :P)

6bVbYmd.jpg

only thing missing - I couldn't find a place to put "CJ is a Busta" on there.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    I really like the Merch, but holy shit!

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Seriously, that's probably the best logo I've seen on any Crews page.

Certainly makes a better statement than any crew brandishing a swasti-cock emblem (yes they exist and they are terrible).

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I'm playing GTA IV right now and the thing that drives me nuts about the clothes is that half of them make Niko look like he has a paunch.

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I find I strange that The Godfather the Game (One of my favorite games of last gen) has more clothing, suit, and color options than GTA4.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I absolutely love this logo! Also I finally got around to preordering this from the microsoft store (with the $20 xbox live credit). Not bad at all. I don't think I could be any more hyped about this...

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Seriously, that's probably the best logo I've seen on any Crews page.

Certainly makes a better statement than any crew brandishing a swasti-cock emblem (yes they exist and they are terrible).

I dunno, those swasti-cocks have their own sort of appeal. I mean, how are you going to let everyone know that you're an unbearable racist human piece of garbage otherwise?

...What's that? Voicechat? Oh, right.

I've seen some real works of art created with these tools, but some people have way more patience than I to put up with the emblem maker for that long. Glad you guys like the logo :)

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    That logo is awesome! I can see I will be gaming with classy gents indeed.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Awesome logo.

I'd like to see fruit fucker with a cup of hot coffee next

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    I find I strange that The Godfather the Game (One of my favorite games of last gen) has more clothing, suit, and color options than GTA4.

I LOVE THIS GAME

Sorry

Just had to get it out of me

(I fucking love that game)

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/Vwu-XJWa2Yo

No story gameplay, just Franklin roaming about (I'm assuming) his starting area. The character of this area already looks 100 times better than what we got in GTA IV. I do wish it were more populated with people, but in the middle of the day my old street looked about as busy.

It would also (seem) that bikes have more weight to them which is a huge complaint I had about GTA IV. No bike in real life would handle as shitty and weightless as they did. Hopefully we'll know soon.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    And that's running on 360, so it would appear that version runs absolutely fine, allaying any fears

Very, very nice

So fucking excited for Tuesday

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I just really, really hope that one of the available items of clothing turns out to be a white jacket with a scorpion on the back. If so, I will be the getaway driver for all capers.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

Streaming while they can. . .

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    G RolG Rol Dorsia? Nobody goes there anymore... Nell'sRegistered User regular
    That stream is pretty laggy, I could only watch it for a minute or two. However, there does appear to be a bullet-time (braking-time?) feature available while driving.

The guy streaming nearly lost control of his vehicle on a highway, then everything went into slomo and he was able to correct course between two other cars. It looked sick, and will really allow for some great precision handling.

G%20Rol.jpg
  • Options
    darleysam wrote: »
    I just really, really hope that one of the available items of clothing turns out to be a white jacket with a scorpion on the back. If so, I will be the getaway driver for all capers.

I need this + a WB-approved DLC of the Dark Knight clown masks for heists

oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

I need this + a WB-approved DLC of the Dark Knight clown masks for heists

Second.

Also a toothpick (back to Drive).

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Accepted friend il invites from some of you on psn. Can't wait for this to get rocking.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »

I LOVE THIS GAME

Sorry

Just had to get it out of me

(I fucking love that game)

I know right? TGFTG kicked ass!

I always thought Mafia 2 should be more like it.

They have a freaking radial menu for Radio!? Awesome!

I also really hope that it is actually synchronized between you and your passengers.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Looks like the peglegs with eye patches have leaked the game.

You may want to go on Internet silence if you don't want the game spoiled.

(And they complain about piracy on PC, ha!)

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Welp. . .Franklin don't play:
    ibtj8NmZ8pz5yq.gif

(Animation spoiler)

Awesome, there's a real sense of weight and impact behind that punch.

Fucking HAYMAKER! LOL!

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    HH AustereHH Austere Registered User regular
    Question about access on the map:
    Do we know if any of the island is "locked" at the beginning like every other GTA has been so far? I'm really itching to do a small handful of missions and then totally explore everything, but if I have to unlock any areas I'll definitely do that first.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    The one guy is streaming from china and R* can't do shit about it so yeah a blackout might be wise

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Going to be listening to this so much until release:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt3PcA4UvPA

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Looks like the peglegs with eye patches have leaked the game.

You may want to go on Internet silence if you don't want the game spoiled.

(And they complain about piracy on PC, ha!)

Hasn't leaked anywhere yet online, all the footage out there is retail copies that are already being sold early for various reasons.

• Options
    kozmokozmo Titan VRegistered User regular
    HH Austere wrote: »
    Question about access on the map:
    Do we know if any of the island is "locked" at the beginning like every other GTA has been so far? I'm really itching to do a small handful of missions and then totally explore everything, but if I have to unlock any areas I'll definitely do that first.

It's been said that the entire map is unlocked from the beginning, the whole of the land. I'm sure there are some small areas, like installations and particular areas of interest that are off-limits due to missions or what have you. To balance it out, they've "hidden" the entire map, and you have to discover it all the same way you would a map in a strategy game, aka Fog of War.

This isn't the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    ­
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGH_C7WGEsw

A little bit of driving and a fly over followed by an amazing looking crash. Nothing spoilery as far as I saw.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
This discussion has been closed.