As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GTA5] Old thread, ready to lock.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    G Rol wrote: »
    That stream is pretty laggy, I could only watch it for a minute or two. However, there does appear to be a bullet-time (braking-time?) feature available while driving.

The guy streaming nearly lost control of his vehicle on a highway, then everything went into slomo and he was able to correct course between two other cars. It looked sick, and will really allow for some great precision handling.

yeah each character has a unique power. franklin has the slomo driving, micheal has slomo shooting, and trevor has a rampage mode where he deals more damage and takes less as well

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Looks like the peglegs with eye patches have leaked the game.

You may want to go on Internet silence if you don't want the game spoiled.

(And they complain about piracy on PC, ha!)

Hasn't leaked anywhere yet online, all the footage out there is retail copies that are already being sold early for various reasons.

Yeah, some mail-order copies have already been sent out (mine hasn't but I've got my fingers crossed for Monday)

Maybe I've been spoiled, but I think I'm going to be disappointed by the inability to drop-kick my way into a car.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    this game looks amazing. Its is unbelievable that its on the current consoles.

I may not be able to hold out for pc version.....

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Animation/gameplay spoiler
    1379082887557.gif
    they're learning

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Animation/gameplay spoiler
    1379082887557.gif
    they're learning

Hm. Upgrades.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=G572cq8araw

First bit of freedom I get in the game, I'm going to cruise around Vinewood while listening to this. Just a slow cruise, looking at landmarks and the pedestrians.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    See, this is the time where I panic that the game won't arrive on launch day (amazon says its dispatching now but the weather forecast is awful for Sunday and bad for Monday). If it doesn't it means I have a lovely five day stretch before my next day off work. Ahhhh, waiting for physical copies of games. How I have not missed you in the slightest.

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    I preordered at Gamestop for the extra-ridiculous edition plus the midnight release. Amazon is kinda dodgy about release date delivery, in my experience.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I work till 9pm Tuesday so I don't really care at what time I get it so long as it is there when I wake up on Wednesday.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    G Rol wrote: »
    That stream is pretty laggy, I could only watch it for a minute or two. However, there does appear to be a bullet-time (braking-time?) feature available while driving.

The guy streaming nearly lost control of his vehicle on a highway, then everything went into slomo and he was able to correct course between two other cars. It looked sick, and will really allow for some great precision handling.

yeah each character has a unique power. franklin has the slomo driving, micheal has slomo shooting, and trevor has a rampage mode where he deals more damage and takes less as well
    Trevor. Erry. Day.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Another stream. . .currently (12:04) guy seems to be trying to swim coast to coast.

http://video.gamecreds.com/pxcct6kmitxp/channel/Magic-Mike

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    chasm wrote: »
    I preordered at Gamestop for the extra-ridiculous edition plus the midnight release. Amazon is kinda dodgy about release date delivery, in my experience.

Aye, if I lived somewhere with a shop nearby I'd definitely just be buying it from there but unfortunately (well, in this instance) I live on a wee island so got to be postal.

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »
    Another stream. . .currently (12:04) guy seems to be trying to swim coast to coast.

Is that Johnny Cash? Awesome.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Holy shit. This feed. The guy is in a two star police chase on the interstate and I just watched a cop car doing a really decent job of trying to box him in.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    i preordered from rockstar warehouse for the free KIFFLOM tshirt, which is extra appropriate for me since i kinda have a birthmark on my face. i'm hoping their release date shipping is reliable

also some dude on reddit has been playing for a while and posted some initial impressions. nothing spoilery in this so it's safe to read
    - The driving feels great. Its a bit awkward at first but you get used to it real fast. Cars turns/grips much better to the road compared to GTA IV. Acceleration/topspeed is slightly slower so far, but i have not upgraded anything on the vehicles so that might change.
    - The whole map is unlocked at the start it seems. I drove what felt like forever and never found any invisible walls or the like. The map is so huge.
    - Money seems hard to come bye compared to earlier versions. 20 missions in and i would be broke if it weren't for a random event. Not gonna spoil what i found/saw/did, but i basically got 100 000 for doing 5 seconds of work.
    - I don't remember how the nudity were in GTAIV, but you can see fully uncensored beg emerican teetes at the strip club
    - The city feels so alive. I seen more cops fighting crooks, thiefs, carjacking, fights etc than i ever did in GTAIV. You can help people getting robbed, or even rob stores yourself if you want.

full thread with additional q&a here

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »

Is that Johnny Cash? Awesome.

Yea. He's been listening to the country station pretty nonstop. At first I thought it was because was was in Shady Springs (or w/e it's called). It looks like he's just doing police chases. At one point he was doing a really good job of evading them in a luggage cart.

He's been showing off Franklin's special too. . .it doesn't look like it will totally kill the challenge of driving, but it looks crazy useful.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Holy shit. This feed. The guy is in a two star police chase on the interstate and I just watched a cop car doing a really decent job of trying to box him in.
    This feed is amazing.

I grabbed a screencap of the skyline:
    gta5-skyline.jpg~original

I cannot believe this is running on a current gen console.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Man, Rockstar is really on top of shutting down feeds/videos.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    And now the stream is down. Still. Freaking amazing.

• Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    I would think long and hard about what a GTA on the next generation of systems will look like and include but I don't think my pants could take it.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I watched a couple of the GTA4 trailers for comparison. It's mindboggling just how much better GTA5 looks.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    J1uLwC0.jpg

John Zoidberg on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    This feed is amazing.

Yeah. The fact that Rockstar managed to get a game this nice looking and this big on current gen tech has convinced me that they employ wizards.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    This feed is amazing.

Yeah. The fact that Rockstar managed to get a game this nice looking and this big on current gen tech has convinced me that they employ wizards.

Good wizards, too. Proper top-of-the-class ones. Your average wizard would still struggle with this.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    darleysam wrote: »
    This feed is amazing.

Good wizards, too. Proper top-of-the-class ones. Your average wizard would still struggle with this.

Hey, I'm a Wizard, and that animation smacks of a subpar quality.

John Zoidberg on
  • Options
    This feed is amazing.

Like a hobo failing to appreciate the quality of kobe beef over McDonald's.
    You disgust me.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    So people are saying streams seem to show that both versions run pretty much the same.

This pleases me.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    This feed is amazing.

Like a hobo failing to appreciate the quality of kobe beef over McDonald's.
    You disgust me.

You call this a weapon report?! *waves a wand* I JUST CLEANED OUT YOUR DESK.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

Toot toot, all aboard Team Russia.

http://sc2tv.ru/AGS-Team#

• Options
    Amazon says Not Yet Shipped.....

nervous..........

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Amazon says Not Yet Shipped.....

nervous..........

If you're close to a distribution center, they won't ship until Sunday or Monday.
    I live near the one in Ontario, CA, and they always ship the day before.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Aw, Team Russia taking a break for 30 to 60 apparently. Been watching him all day.

• Options
    Ah good to know, I'm about an hour away from the nearest distro.

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    So I've been watching spoilers and I don't recommend it. I'm not going to stop because I have no self control. Most of it's just people screwing around not doing actual story missions anyway. I can't wait until this game comes out:). I'm gonna get it on the ps3. This will most likely be the last game I purchase for the ps3.

• Options
    I spoiled one of the story missions with Franklin. The way the "n" word gets thrown around makes me really uncomfortable.

With what the rest of the game contains, for that to bother me, really seems silly.

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not near an amazon place and mine hasn't shipped either...

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

Me either, but thats why I took wensday off instead of tuesday.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Me either, but thats why I took wensday off instead of tuesday.

I already have Wednesday off. :P

This discussion has been closed.