Options

[GTA5] Old thread, ready to lock.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    The timing of Trevor's dealing with
    Floyd and Debra seemed pretty purposeful; by the time that come up I had started to see Trevor as a happy go lucky funster with some personality quirks. That whole scenario with them branishing weapons and Trevor's leaving the apartment afterwards quickly made it apparent what Trevor really is, and what he is capable of, disabusing me of my previous humourous take on him.

So I'm at the end of it all, and knocking out sidequests. What properties have missions associated? I show Franklin as having one mission open, but have no idea what it is - there's no map markers.

You should be able to find what you're missing with The Social Club checklist.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I've spent the last hour or two just swimming under water. Had Franklin and Trevor both underwater and kept exploring.found the plane and a shipwreck which had no treasure. Just body armour and what looked to be like grenades. I really hope they don't patch out the swimming transition glitch thing.

• Options
    darqnessdarqness KCMORegistered User regular
    @jdarksun Just making sure I don't get purged. Verification form filled out.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    So, is this GTA Online deal just the same kind of multiplayer as GTA IV? 16 person, various game modes...?

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I also liked the one where you cut to Trevor and he's in Wade's cousin's bed spooning him.

He has the best transitions.
    I hated that one. It's clearly supposed to imply that Trevor had raped Floyd. Everything about that plotline made me uneasy, I'm pretty much just pretending it doesn't exist.

I didn't get that at all.
    They were just cuddling. It'd still make me uncomfortable enough to cry in the morning if Trevor snuck into the room in the middle of the night to cuddle with me. That's how I took it.
    If Trevor wanted some lovin', Mr. Raspberry Jam was right there.
    Once you've gone plushy, you never go... mushy? I don't know, I'm bad at this.

In Trevors defense, I know someone sort of similar to Trevor... kind of similar to Trevor. And I've seen that kind of "friend"ship happen and it was "just friends spooning" to freak them out. Which is kind of just as bad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    So, is this GTA Online deal just the same kind of multiplayer as GTA IV? 16 person, various game modes...?
    The OP has a section about the Multiplayer.

It includes this video, which is just fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A

EDIT: Also, here's a VERY in depth link from Rockstar itself.

More Details about GTA Online

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    Online is going to be nuts.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

You forgot "...after a week of server problems and disconnections are ironed out"

• Options
    darqnessdarqness KCMORegistered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »

You forgot "...after a week of server problems and disconnections are ironed out"

I can't imagine Rockstar being 100% ready for online considering the volume of players. I'm not even going to try to log on Oct. 1st.

• Options
    That's what I meant by nuts :p

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Yeah I think the best advice is to set expectations to "low".

Nobody is going to be able to play consistently for at least a few days, but stranger miracles have happened I suppose.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    At least they're honest that there will be problems and missing content.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I understand why people get frustrated by launch day server woes, but from what I understand it is financial suicide to have servers ready for the first 24 hours or so after launch, considering they will not be needed at all after that period.

Diablo 3 and SimCity shouldn't even be considered here because they shouldn't have had the online requirements in the first place :P

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    The OP has a section about the Multiplayer.

It includes this video, which is just fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A

EDIT: Also, here's a VERY in depth link from Rockstar itself.

More Details on GTA Online

That link is broken. Takes you to the OP. Which has no information aside from the video that you already posted.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Yeah I think the best advice is to set expectations to "low".

Nobody is going to be able to play consistently for at least a few days, but stranger miracles have happened I suppose.

I can only imagine how bad the online situation would have been if they'd made it available day one instead of waiting two weeks after release.

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

That link is broken. Takes you to the OP. Which has no information aside from the video that you already posted.

*tears link apart, puts back together*

Sorry about that. Should work now. Not sure why it was broken, did the same thing three times...

EDIT: I'll put it again here. More Details about GTA Online

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    ROCKSTAR SOCIAL CLUB / WE ARE NICE GUYS / WANG ANNOUNCEMENTS

1) Hierarchy
    Crew ranking now means something.
    * If you are Muscle ("one bar"), you have not been verified and are at risk of being kicked.
    * If you are a Representative ("two bars"), you are a verified member of the PA community.
    * Questions? Comments? Concerns? Send somebody at the top a PM, or @ us in the thread.

2) If you're in the Club and haven't filled out this form, you're at risk of being kicked. The following people in particular need to fill this out: Artheleron, Cleveralias, Dragonkias, mistereeh, Vanzur, VikingsRage. @ me when you've done that, please.

3) If you've submitted a request to join the Club and haven't filled out this form, you're at risk of being ignored.

4) We've sent out invites to registered requests. Please check the Rockstar Social Club and @ me when you've accepted so I can promote you to Representative.

5) The following people have filled out one of the forms, but aren't in the Crew. Please check your Rockstar Social Club for invites, or re-request an invite and @ me.
    @bamelin
    @Boosterburn
    @DocSamson
    @downer
    @jimb213
    @John Zoidberg
    @Klemming
    @Kreutz
    @LCDXX
    @Mr Bubbles
    @Nickle
    @Silmaril
    @The Listener
    @Top Rate

Whew.

Here is the Club roster as it stands right now.

@jdarksun I need another invite. Doesn't list anything in Rockstar Social Club. Rockstar Social Club name is stlmattjohnson.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »

*tears link apart, puts back together*

Sorry about that. Should work now. Not sure why it was broken, did the same thing three times...

EDIT: I'll put it again here. More Details about GTA Online

Works now, thanks.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Most of the online stuff that's already in the game was borked to hell and back at launch, and apparently it was mostly caused by that ifruit app.

Yeah, the actual launch of Online will be... interesting.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    downer wrote: »
    ROCKSTAR SOCIAL CLUB / WE ARE NICE GUYS / WANG ANNOUNCEMENTS

1) Hierarchy
    Crew ranking now means something.
    * If you are Muscle ("one bar"), you have not been verified and are at risk of being kicked.
    * If you are a Representative ("two bars"), you are a verified member of the PA community.
    * Questions? Comments? Concerns? Send somebody at the top a PM, or @ us in the thread.

2) If you're in the Club and haven't filled out this form, you're at risk of being kicked. The following people in particular need to fill this out: Artheleron, Cleveralias, Dragonkias, mistereeh, Vanzur, VikingsRage. @ me when you've done that, please.

3) If you've submitted a request to join the Club and haven't filled out this form, you're at risk of being ignored.

4) We've sent out invites to registered requests. Please check the Rockstar Social Club and @ me when you've accepted so I can promote you to Representative.

5) The following people have filled out one of the forms, but aren't in the Crew. Please check your Rockstar Social Club for invites, or re-request an invite and @ me.
    @bamelin
    @Boosterburn
    @DocSamson
    @downer
    @jimb213
    @John Zoidberg
    @Klemming
    @Kreutz
    @LCDXX
    @Mr Bubbles
    @Nickle
    @Silmaril
    @The Listener
    @Top Rate

Whew.

Here is the Club roster as it stands right now.

@jdarksun I need another invite. Doesn't list anything in Rockstar Social Club. Rockstar Social Club name is stlmattjohnson.
    @downer sent!

• Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    @jdarksun can I get an invite as well? NickleDL on the social club. Does it matter that I'm on ps3?

Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    Didn't realize you also needed to confirm once you're added to the crew, did that now! I know Tuesday is going to be nuts but it's still exciting to realize it's coming up.

I like the staggered approach between single and multi. I finished the game last night and wound up with 1.67 billion when all is said done. So pumped to blow it all on random crap and cause some mayhem; should tide me over until multi is working.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Beezel as Waybackkidd on the social club, need an invite

I am retarded, ignore that

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Nickle wrote: »
    @jdarksun can I get an invite as well? NickleDL on the social club. Does it matter that I'm on ps3?
    @Nickle sent! Just a reminder guys, you don't need me to send you an invite. You can request an invite from the Crew's Social Club page.

• Options
    Beezel wrote: »
    Beezel as Waybackkidd on the social club, need an invite

I am retarded, ignore that
    dude you are already an lieutenant

• Options
    DocSamson wrote: »
    Didn't realize you also needed to confirm once you're added to the crew, did that now! I know Tuesday is going to be nuts but it's still exciting to realize it's coming up.

I like the staggered approach between single and multi. I finished the game last night and wound up with 1.67 billion when all is said done. So pumped to blow it all on random crap and cause some mayhem; should tide me over until multi is working.
    @DocSamson Are you DoctorSamson on Social Club?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Sucker punching people is so dang satisfying!

I wanted to buy Franklin a nice dapper suit. So I drive out to Posonby's or whatever, and park at the curb. As he's walking in, this older asian guy on the sidewalk stops and said something insulting. I had Frank stop and just stare at him. He kept going on and on, and finally said "Ok, you in trouble now!" and right at that moment

*BLAP!*

I had Frank punch him right in the mouth. He spun around and his little boonie hat with flying off, and he did a faceplant right infront of the store. Then Franklin calmly walks into the store. I had him watch out the window as the EMTs showed up. They could not revive him...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    One little thing about this game I really like: it's much, much easier than in past titles to climb up onto rooftops and wander around checking out the view.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    At least they're honest that there will be problems and missing content.

Yeah, still a little disappointed though. I thought there would at least be a few heists in multi at launch, not that they were all future content.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    yeah I went on a parkour adventure as franklin around his neighborhood, lots more ladders to get onto buildings. I also found one hospital that almost always has 2 helicopters on top to steal. I belive it's Los Santos General Hospital, has green signage.

really love the slide move they do across car hoods/knee-high obstacles. really hate when it fails to trigger and they slowly amble up onto the car.

• Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular

Aw dangit! It goes live tuesday? I have a standing thing on tuesday nights... with real people... I'd much rather hang out with you internet people!

Well y'all can work out all the bugs and enjoy the crashing servers and whatever, and I'll join in on wednesday.

• Options
    yeah I went on a parkour adventure as franklin around his neighborhood, lots more ladders to get onto buildings. I also found one hospital that almost always has 2 helicopters on top to steal. I belive it's Los Santos General Hospital, has green signage.
    I've been there a half dozen times and have yet to see anything up there. :|

• Options
    DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular

@DocSamson Are you DoctorSamson on Social Club?

Yup! Thanks everyone putting all the work into this.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular

I just hit up the police stations, they usually have one. Well, at least the ones in Davis, Vinewood and Vespucci Beach do.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So I just wrapped up the controversial scene everyone's been talking about...
    I understand how it can make some people uncomfortable, but I didn't have a lot of issues with the actual actions of the scene.

That said, I don't think there was anything satirical about it. It wasn't meant to be satire, it was an obvious and direct political statement. This is a somewhat new turn for GTA games (I guess IV really started it). They've always had political messages, but normally they are wrapped up in satire. There was nothing satirical about this. This was just a hard hitting political message. Trevor's after dialog, where he talks about torture being for the torturer and how it extracts no reliable information, really drives the point home.

The Houser's were obviously saying "American's justifying torture is reprehensible, especially in the name of terrorism, because it rarely actually leads to getting 'the guy' and is really just about some sick freak getting his rocks off". If anything made me uncomfortable, that was it. Not because I disagree with the Houser's, but because the entire scene made me face a grim truth about my country and it's methods of para-military operation and intelligence extraction.

I think this is exactly the response they were trying to evoke, and why having you participate in a visceral way mattered. If it had just been "press X to yank the guys tooth", I don't think it would have hit as hard as having to actually sit there and twist the stick. Overall I think it's a brilliant scene, as unsettling as it is, and I think it should make any sane balanced American question what we allow our government to do in our name.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    So are we going to have any smaller groups? I want to join WANG but I fear I'll be purged rather quickly due to not being a constant poster.

fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    So are we going to have any smaller groups? I want to join WANG but I fear I'll be purged rather quickly due to not being a constant poster.
    We have no plans to purge anyone for inactivity.

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Just put in my requests as well, on the east coast on XBOX 360 but I usually play late at night.

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

weird, I could just be lucky. I also seem to find the same armored truck parked in a gas station near the "fame or shame" tryouts arena. I have it down to a science, last time I slo-mo rode up on then as franklin and merced the two guards before they knew what hit 'em.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So I just wrapped up the controversial scene everyone's been talking about...
    I understand how it can make some people uncomfortable, but I didn't have a lot of issues with the actual actions of the scene.

That said, I don't think there was anything satirical about it. It wasn't meant to be satire, it was an obvious and direct political statement. This is a somewhat new turn for GTA games (I guess IV really started it). They've always had political messages, but normally they are wrapped up in satire. There was nothing satirical about this. This was just a hard hitting political message. Trevor's after dialog, where he talks about torture being for the torturer and how it extracts no reliable information, really drives the point home.

The Houser's were obviously saying "American's justifying torture is reprehensible, especially in the name of terrorism, because it rarely actually leads to getting 'the guy' and is really just about some sick freak getting his rocks off". If anything made me uncomfortable, that was it. Not because I disagree with the Houser's, but because the entire scene made me face a grim truth about my country and it's methods of para-military operation and intelligence extraction.

I think this is exactly the response they were trying to evoke, and why having you participate in a visceral way mattered. If it had just been "press X to yank the guys tooth", I don't think it would have hit as hard as having to actually sit there and twist the stick. Overall I think it's a brilliant scene, as unsettling as it is, and I think it should make any sane balanced American question what we allow our government to do in our name.

I didn't really have any issues with the scene either, except
    I ended up using that giant wrench twice. The second time, Trevor just clobbers the poor guy in the nuts with it. It left a blood stain and everything... fuck, that had to hurt so bad.

I actually said out loud to myself "Man... I wish I hadn't done that."

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
This discussion has been closed.