Options

PAX East 2014 Cosplay

• Options
    TacoForceTacoForce Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Time for a progress report. I found this ugly fool walking around my basement today. Forgive the shoddy quality, I had my phone on a timer and I couldn't sit still. Also, ohmygodthatkayleswordisamazing.
    VawGdEVl.png
    1BkD6oel.png

TacoForce on
  • Options
    ShilohShiloh Registered User regular
    Oh TacoForce, we are going to need to talk... as "Pain" will be bringing Chaos with him!
    Pain-takenbySayenbear.jpg

Looks awesome TacoForce, can't wait to see it up close! Hail Chaos!

Be excellent to each other!
  • Options
    satyr16satyr16 Registered User regular
    What are the regulations for outside liquids coming into PAX. I plan to have a bottle of Sunny D clipped to my belt when I go as Solaire. Never brought in drinks from the past events so I'm unaware.
    Are wooden swords a go ahead as well? It's not sharp and won't penetrate or cut with moderate pressure (as the guide states). Should I go with plastic or maybe a buffed out nerf sword?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    satyr16 wrote: »
    What are the regulations for outside liquids coming into PAX. I plan to have a bottle of Sunny D clipped to my belt when I go as Solaire. Never brought in drinks from the past events so I'm unaware.
    Are wooden swords a go ahead as well? It's not sharp and won't penetrate or cut with moderate pressure (as the guide states). Should I go with plastic or maybe a buffed out nerf sword?
    As far as I know there are no restrictions on bringing in your own food and drink, as long as it is not alcoholic and you're not selling it to anyone.

• Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    satyr16 wrote: »

Here is the rule, word for word. "It cannot be sharp or pointy enough to cut or pierce someone with moderate pressure. This includes all real swords, daggers and knives. It also includes ceramic blades, needles, syringes and anything that can pierce."

You say your wooden sword is not pointy, will not cut or pierce, and is not a real sword.

And the ruling is! *grabs an envelope* Yes you can bring your wooden sword!

Also, liquids are allowed. Otherwise no one would be able to carry anything to drink with them all day. Just be responsible with it.

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I definitely agree with arwen, but she is not an official arbiter of the rule :) (neither am I for that matter). It's extremely likely you will be able to bring a wooden sword that is not sharp or pointy in any way.

• Options
    Ana NgAna Ng Registered User regular
    I really want to do an Octodad cosplay this year. I haven't cosplayed before and I feel like that would be a relatively simple thing to start with. Just need to buy a cheap suit from Good Will a couple sizes up and sew up some tentacles to put in the arm and leg holes :D

I've also thought about being a squirtle or wartortle since I could make a shell covering for my backpack, which would be quite practical.

• Options
    AaronCAaronC Enforcer - Lieutenant Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Wooden swords are fine.

Real metal swords are not.

So sayeth the official arbiter

• Options
    penelopingpeneloping BostonRegistered User new member
    I've been wanting to do Kaylee's layer cake dress for about six years and I'm finally taking the plunge! Just started working on it this weekend. So far I have three ruffles done. Five to go!

d9e566dc2d6311e3875a22000aaa0594_8.jpg

be5f05762e2611e3831f22000a9f13a0_8.jpg

• Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Oh man, my boyfriend is going to be scowering PAX to find you now that I told him. He is obsessed with Firefly and Kaylee. We're going to have to meet up so he can get pictures hahaha.

Wolfiee on
    0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    I'm working on making a Clicker costume from the Last of Us. So far the only reason issue I'm trying to figure out is how to build the mask so I can see while still making sure it has an organic look. So far my plan is to use a plain mask with expandable foam so it only covers half my face and I have an eye that's not covered, but I'm worried it will make the mask look less natural. Any other ideas?

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • Options
    PKBitchGirlPKBitchGirl Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    https://www.facebook.com/MassEffectCastCosplay/posts/523605117708286

Anyone else looking forward to this?

The participants so far are Jennifer Hale (FemShep), Kimberly Brooks (Ashley Williams - I'd love to see her in Ashley's ME1/2 Phoenix armour), Raphael Sbarge (Kaidan Alenko), Mark Meer (MShep), Steve Blum (Grunt), D.C. Douglas (Legion), Keythe Farley (Thane Krios), Rana McAnear (face model of Samara) and Luciano Costa (face model of Kaidan)

www.masseffectcastcosplay.com

PKBitchGirl on
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Hell ya ! Definitely want a pic of that!

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    PKBitchGirlPKBitchGirl Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    truly the thing I am most looking forward to with Pax is the cosplayers ... I think that for me will be IT !!!!

aBByNormaL on
    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    penelopingpeneloping BostonRegistered User new member
    Wolfiee wrote: »
    Oh man, my boyfriend is going to be scowering PAX to find you now that I told him. He is obsessed with Firefly and Kaylee. We're going to have to meet up so he can get pictures hahaha.

Hehe I'll be the one in the big pink dress next to a guy reluctantly sporting a Jayne hat.

• Options
    KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    aBByNormaL wrote: »
    truly the thing I am most looking forward to with Pax is the cosplayers ... I think that for me will be IT !!!!

Ditto!

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • Options
    ShilohShiloh Registered User regular
    Very glad that my "Lookouts" Cosplay will be making another appearance.

1FC7B460-BDC3-4715-9C92-5055A557EC27-1033-000000B8265F9D57_zps76980a42.jpg

Be excellent to each other!
  • Options
    lunestralunestra The Alchemist LowellRegistered User regular
    Going as Jinx from pokemon! Would love to find a Mr. Mime to cosplay with so we can be the creepy and underated pokemon people.

• Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    lunestra wrote: »
    Going as Jinx from pokemon! Would love to find a Mr. Mime to cosplay with so we can be the creepy and underated pokemon people.
    There'll be a contingent of Eevee evolve's strolling about, not as creepy as Jinx & Mr.Mime, but with ya on the pokemon

• Options
    Smeg77Smeg77 London, UKRegistered User new member
    Doesn't appear to be any Elin's from Tera, has anyone attempted to go as one of them before?

• Options
    RoadBlockRoadBlock Registered User regular
    I'm probably going with the Briarlock again, only without some of the extra weight. :D
    pQVqZrt.jpg

• Options
    EeBeeEeBee Registered User new member
    In the aftermath of NYCC, the bf and I are beginning the planning process for Gabriel Santiago and Reina Roja! Luckily I've got some nuts electrician friends, so hopefully they'll hook me up with all the lighting I need for Reina. :) I plan to have Deep Red; no plans for a console for Gabriel yet.

• Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    For 2014 I am planning on doing,

Russian Assault Class - Battlefield 4
    Either Sheperd, Joker, or Mordin - Mass Effect Series
    Yellow 13 - Ace Combat 4

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • Options
    dlep19dlep19 Boston Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Time to bust out the old DayZ cosplay but this year will be the good ol' bandit skin!
    Also I've been finishing up a watchdogs cosplay as well. So it's looking like
    Day 1: DayZ Hero
    Day 2: Aiden Pearce Cosplay
    Day 3: Either Bandit or Regular Survivor Skin.

dlep19 on
  • Options
    aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Lightning from FFXIII checking in. When I started planning cosplay for next PAX, I specifically said "no armor, no props, needs to have a bag of some type as part of the costume, preferably warm clothing." Well, one out of four isn't bad.

I haven't started my costume and should get off my butt and start working, but I did a hair and makeup test run and it turned out pretty well.
    pRwAGvTl.jpg

aikoe on
    PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Options
    raistliinraistliin master nerdlord bostonRegistered User new member
    Rollin' in this year as Riven and the Mechromancer! I'd like to do Riven for two days and Mechro for one but aah I dunno.
    Anyone else going to be cosplaying League and/or Borderlands 2?

HOO HOO PAX YEAR NUMBA THREE
    classic leblanc (fri&sat&sun)
    badges [x] hotel [x] leblanc [3%]
    panic [100%]
  • Options
    ZerisZeris Registered User regular
    Planning on going as DMC 4 Dante, which is what I also did two years ago at PAX Prime.

Still going to have Ebony and Ivory, but this time I'm also planning on either having Lucifer or Pandora. This is in addition to having my wonderfully talented girlfriend touch up the costume itself.

Don't know if I'm going to do something else or not, but I'll likely try to do a pair cosplay with my girlfriend.

• Options
    girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    Marle is making a return appearance!

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • Options
    SquirrelDragonSquirrelDragon Registered User regular
    My group is doing a TF2, and I'm also looking to do Minecraft head Zer0 from Borderlands 2, and/or Gomez from Fez

• Options
    upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    I cant wait to see cosplayers out in force. I am an amateur/semi pro photog and its almost my favorite part of a convention to grab great photos to show off the hard work that goes into it. Hope to meet you on the floor!

• Options
    aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    Marle is making a return appearance!

Yay, I love your Marle! You might not remember me; I was formerly Lucca with a Marle and Crono, then Sheik.

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Options
    LPJennLPJenn Registered User new member
    I'm planning on going as Miranda from Mass Effect, with an omni-tool.

• Options
    Cosplay has to be the thing I am most looking forward to ... now just hope the BCEC has automatic diffibulators ....lol

• Options
    SkrepoSkrepo Registered User regular
    Definitly starting earilier this year on the cosplay... Depending on what my daughter wants to do, currently Ariel from the Little Mermaid, I'll have something to go along with that. Then ether a Zackary Comstock or Booker with a young Elizabeth on one of the other days.

• Options
    marcfonlinemarcfonline Registered User regular
    This is going to be my third PAX but first time dressing up as anything. Being that I tend to gravitate towards playing dwarves in every fantasy-oriented game I play (WoW, Neverwinter, Dragon Age, etc...), I'm thinking of assembling a general Ren Faire-ish costume but with dwarven distinctives such as a foam axe and a massive beard. Problem is, I've found an awesome beard/moustache combo but I'm having a heck of a time finding a good dwarf-appropriate wig that would match that beard (and hide the elastic bands securing it to my head). Anyone have any favorite sources of such things that might complete the look? It's entirely possible I'm just not looking in the right places... as I mentioned, I'm fairly new to the world of cosplaying/costuming and welcome any suggestions.

In all my life, I have learned three important things:
    1. Don't panic.
    2. Always know where your towel is.
    3. On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you.
  • Options
    MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    This will be my 4th PAX East and my 4th time cosplaying! :D I always have a blast!

Pro-tip for anyone cosplaying this con for the first time: make friends with people staying at the Westin! I stay there every year, and it makes life SOOO much easier to be able to go back to a hotel room to change, fix make-up, etc.!

Here are the costume ideas I've been brainstorming for '14! As always I am interested in doing cosplay groups so if anyone else is planning a group, lmk!

1.) Copperhead from Arkham Origins:
    ArkhamOriginsCopperhead610.jpg

2.) Serena from Pokemon X/Y:
    pokemon-xy_female-trainer.jpg?w=200

And I will probably bring the Fionna costume/sword I wore to NYCC this year!:
    1395284_10151686105492499_751610390_n.jpg

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
  • Options
    Nice ... Copperhead should be great!

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Doing League costumes, just have to narrow down the choices :)

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    phillerphiller Registered User regular
    Only in planning stages but I'm thinking of doing my very first cosplay this year. Planning on being Jacket from Hotline Miami. Shouldn't be too hard for a first go.

Go for it man! I'm going as Jacket too - initially a Halloween costume this year, but now that I'm unexpectedly going to PAX East, I figure I'd make the most of it.

All Kinds of Philler: A pop culture podcast remarkably free of filler!
    Twitter: @phillerworks || @AKOPpodcast || Steam: mr_philler
    PAX East '14 Locations: || Classic Console Freeplay || Tabletop Area || Long Wharf Pre-PAX Game Night (Come say hi or trade buttons!)