As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why did you jump on the spikes, Giant Bomb?

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    roy's our boy

but ike's our mike

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    by which i mean to say we humor him but as soon as he's not looking we make fun of him and also stick signs on his back that say "kick me"

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    smash bros roster is bullshit because jacket isnt playable

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

I would not be surprised if there wasn't a single person who works at Nintendo that's even heard of Hotline Miami

If you told me Nintendo employees only played Nintendo games, I would believe it

Not even like it's a company mandate

They all choose to only play Nintendo products

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    That's basically confirmed at this point

When asked they had no idea what playstation or Xbox online looked like

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I would not be surprised if there wasn't a single person who works at Nintendo that's even heard of Hotline Miami

If you told me Nintendo employees only played Nintendo games, I would believe it

Also, it's probably a company mandate.

I would have zero trouble believing that Nintendo has it on their contract that they can't own an Xbox or Playstation and a department that searches the internet for employees' PSN/XBL IDs and fires them if they find them. Especially in light of their recent comments.

Also probably nobody in Japan has even heard of Hotline Miami.

sig.gif
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I sympathize that Marth is probably a pretty boring character, but i'd be lying if i said i wouldn't miss playing as him if someone didn't have almost the exact same moveset.

I know Ike has counter and a charge B move but it's not the same

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I have absolutely no idea why Marth is back instead of just replacing him with Luciana

Please tell me you're joking.

She's the most recognizable character from the most popular entry in the franchise yet, and maybe the ONLY popular one ever in America

Marth is famous for being in Smash Bros and I don't know if the game he's from was ever even translated into English

Also it is literally a plot point in Awakening that Lucina looks just like Marth

Shadow Dragon is a remake of the first game and Marth is the protagonist.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Marth is kind of the face of Fire Emblem. He was the first lead and has more games to his name than anyone else in the series.

• Options
    Patrick maybe you should have stopped and considered that that treasure chest in Sen's Fortress with 6 bloodstains surrounding it might be a trap

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Marth is kind of the face of Fire Emblem. He was the first lead and has more games to his name than anyone else in the series.

Four for Marth to two for Leaf and Ike.

And two of them were remakes that sold so poorly the first one hit ten dollar racks and temporarily ended the series in the USA, while the second sold so bad in Japan that Awakening had to save the whole series.

Yeah, some face of the series.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Am I the only one that thinks that if Ghirahim was gonna be in Smash Bros. they'd have gone with the Skyward Sword designs for Link and Zelda?

Though I think it'd be cool if instead of having Zelda/Sheik, Skyward Sword Impa was added and given Sheik's moves.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    just want to clarify that i was being facetious just in case anyone thought i was actually that obsessed

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Moth 13 wrote: »

Four for Marth to two for Leaf and Ike.

And two of them were remakes that sold so poorly the first one hit ten dollar racks and temporarily ended the series in the USA, while the second sold so bad in Japan that Awakening had to save the whole series.

Yeah, some face of the series.

and his second appearance was the highest selling fire emblem game ever

so

• Options
    edited January 2014
    just want to clarify that i was being facetious just in case anyone thought i was actually that obsessed

I think we all understood, I was just having fun imagining a preposterous scenario in which a Nintendo employee has ever played anything more violent than Gannondorf coughing blood at the end of Ocarina of Time

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks that if Ghirahim was gonna be in Smash Bros. they'd have gone with the Skyward Sword designs for Link and Zelda?

Though I think it'd be cool if instead of having Zelda/Sheik, Skyward Sword Impa was added and given Sheik's moves.

SS Link and Zelda are probably alternate costumes.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Also Shadow Dragon sold 250,000 units in North America and the other remake topped the charts in Japan so I don't know what you're talking about, really.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

I'll admit the zeal towards this game has turned me off from looking into it

which is really dumb of me!

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/13/nintendo-network-devs-were-unacquainted-with-xbox-live-psn-says-third-party-creator

"“This was surprising to hear, as we would have thought that they had plenty of time to work on these features as it had been announced months before, so we probed a little deeper and asked how certain scenarios might work with the Mii friends and networking, all the time referencing how Xbox Live and PSN achieve the same thing. At some point in this conversation we were informed that it was no good referencing Live and PSN as nobody in their development teams used those systems (!) so could we provide more detailed explanations for them?”"

It turns out that's actually totally correct

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea why Marth is back instead of just replacing him with Luciana

Please tell me you're joking.

She's the most recognizable character from the most popular entry in the franchise yet, and maybe the ONLY popular one ever in America

Marth is famous for being in Smash Bros and I don't know if the game he's from was ever even translated into English

Also it is literally a plot point in Awakening that Lucina looks just like Marth

Shadow Dragon is a remake of the first game and Marth is the protagonist.

Shadow Dragon is poop from a butt

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/13/nintendo-network-devs-were-unacquainted-with-xbox-live-psn-says-third-party-creator

"“This was surprising to hear, as we would have thought that they had plenty of time to work on these features as it had been announced months before, so we probed a little deeper and asked how certain scenarios might work with the Mii friends and networking, all the time referencing how Xbox Live and PSN achieve the same thing. At some point in this conversation we were informed that it was no good referencing Live and PSN as nobody in their development teams used those systems (!) so could we provide more detailed explanations for them?”"

If that shitty fake video game news site put up this article word for word I would've said "man that's too easy of a joke, try harder"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Actually kinda cool for them to physically mail people if the E-mails bounced

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

This is insane.

• Options

I think we all understood, I was just having fun imagining a preposterous scenario in which a Nintendo employee has ever played anything more violent than Gannondorf coughing blood at the end of Ocarina of Time

Excuse me

It's green, not blood thank you

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

It wasn't until more info was coming out about this this week that I realized how different and cool it is that a big AAA game is putting out story DLC where the focus is the friendship between two teenage girls

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »

This is insane.

Yeah

I always thought it was a weird insular Japanese thing that nobody over there cared about Xbox

Now I realize they don't even give a shit about their main competitor

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

I would have zero trouble believing that Nintendo has it on their contract that they can't own an Xbox or Playstation and a department that searches the internet for employees' PSN/XBL IDs and fires them if they find them. Especially in light of their recent comments.

Now I can't help but imagine underground meetings of Nintendo employees, playing games and looking at the wonders of online functionality in some bunker

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    I promise you that Sony encourages its employees to always check out what the competition is doing. Weird isolationism is a Nintendo thing which I suspect exists in deference to Miyamoto and Yamauchi's ghost.

sig.gif
  • Options
    el_vicio wrote: »

Now I can't help but imagine underground meetings of Nintendo employees, playing games and looking at the wonders of online functionality in some bunker

xXx420NotReggie6969xXx has signed on

Hey guys does anyone else want to PLAY, THE GAME of Halo 4?

hey what is this achievement thing what does that mean

sig.gif
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    It seems hugely counter-productive to forcibly ignore what your competition is doing.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular

I do not understand why the fucking internet is such a bewildering unexplored frontier for Nintendo

Like even outside of game development

Do they send ravens bearing messages or something

• Options

Miyamato has had multiple interviews where he is vehemently against achievements

The game should be its own reward

That's why you don't get shit for 100% mario games, which is kind of hard

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

Miyamato has had multiple interviews where he is vehemently against achievements

Also it made me feel more okay about not getting the final star in SMG2, so there's that

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

Those interviews always read as "the only thing I know about achievements is what interviewers have asked me, also we didn't come up with them so fuck 'em, not interested".

If Nintendo had been the first to have them, you'd get super cool shit with them, Mii accessories, streetpass stuff linked to them, all that stuff, and it would be awesome.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I just

Look

Miyamato did amazing things for the industry

Retire now please

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular

that's an admirable sentiment but i'd still be tickled pink if doing shit in a game on a nintendo platform gave me a smash bros.-style trophy to display in my miiverse profile

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options

Also it made me feel more okay about not getting the final star in SMG2, so there's that

You did get a letter on your Wii message board which you could then send to your friends but yeah

it was lame

(you probably get some Miiverse stuff from 100%ing SM3DW, too).

sig.gif
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Let's all take a moment and think about a Nintendo system where the operating system is just Animal Crossing

You boot into your own little village and all your game achievements translate directly into items for your system/town which people on your friends list can visit

Ceno on
This discussion has been closed.