Options

[Rick and Morty] and Mr. Poopy Butthole

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Um...

Hemingway was a brilliant writer. He wrote some books which have been enshrined in the American Literary Canon.

He also committed suicide by way of shotgun.

He put the barrel in his mouth, and then pulled the trigger.

It's a suicide blowjob joke.

Not exactly easy to pull off.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    A highbrow one at that.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    'I wish that shotgun was my penis'
    'Then you could call me Ernest Hemmingway'

So deep

Seriously great show, so dark but I can't help but laugh at it.
    I will admit that I am not a knowledgable with english literature if someone explains this joke to me.
    Ernest Hemingway commited suicide by putting a shotgun to his mouth and pulling the trigger. Basically, it was the greatest/most disturbing/only "I want to suck your dick" joke of all time

• Options
    YogoYogo Registered User regular
    But Jerry will never get to blow his load.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    'I wish that shotgun was my penis'
    'Then you could call me Ernest Hemmingway'

So deep

Seriously great show, so dark but I can't help but laugh at it.
    I will admit that I am not a knowledgable with english literature if someone explains this joke to me.

He suicided via shotgun to the mouth.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Huh. That last one has a lot of genitals going on.
    The very first episode, with the trees?

The trees clearly have a scrotum, and the 'fruits' are exactly what your testicles look like underneath the skin.

I thought the trees were penises, and the fruits were the "seed", and Rick was trying to get the seed into Rick's anus.

Then there's the part about how Morty oughtn't tell his parents about it. How it should be their little secret.

Basically an incest/rape joke handled a bit more delicately than Mr. Jellybean.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I thought the Hemingway joke was uncharacteristically forced.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »

Which is perfect, because that was their marrige in a nutshell.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular

We all knew Jerry wasn't a word-maker guy.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »

I want to hear what a professional languager thinks about this.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    as a professional languager, i felt that the hemingway joke pandered to me in a very successful and flattering manner

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    So is Rick and Morty pulling an Archer because of the olympics?

• Options
    Yeah still no new episode.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I'm thinking so... yet another reason I hate the winter olympics...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    I'm thinking so... yet another reason I hate the winter olympics...

No Archer, no Adventure Time, no Rick and Morty.

Fucking olympics....

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I don't have cable any more but if you have access to HD cable I highly recommend watching the Olympics. It's cliche but true - the higher fidelity really makes you feel almost like you're there.

Admittedly when I was watching the Olympics in HD it was the summer Olympics so...

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    the fact they still tape delay the Olympics and cherry pick the events for ratings is really lame

I have not seen Adventure time since xmas because I oversleep

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I don't have cable any more but if you have access to HD cable I highly recommend watching the Olympics. It's cliche but true - the higher fidelity really makes you feel almost like you're there.

Admittedly when I was watching the Olympics in HD it was the summer Olympics so...
    I'd rather be watching a morally bankrupt drunken scientist mentally scar his idiotic yet idealistic grandson by dragging him along on dangerous and horrifying adventures in the pursuit of Science!

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    You could fill the time with 2 Girls, 1 Cup: The Show. On PBS Kids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7urz0IXAVrs

Or maybe Dan Harmon and Ryan Ridley's fantastic Water and Power. With special guest star Justin Roiland! (11 episodes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJHVDYtRvk

Or maybe the show that started it all, House of Cosbys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWUBnrIaphQ

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »

It wasn't Jerry's joke, it was Beth's joke and Jerry didn't get it.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
  • Options
    Lord_MordjaLord_Mordja Registered User regular
    Bad news Morty, w-w-we've gotta wait a month. A whole *urp* month Morty!

• Options
    itss okay Morty itssokay, when we come back, we're gonna go on so many adventures Morty. So manBRRRUUPy adventures you wou'dn't believe it Morty your brain can't handle the amoBBRUUUPunt of adventures Morty, it's gonna be great Morty me and you Morty

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    ITS OK! IM MR MEESEEKS, LOOK AT ME!

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    ITS OK! IM MR MEESEEKS, LOOK AT ME!
    MeeseeksBox.png
    *click*

KILL HIM!

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've gotta say though, that last episode was the perfect one to go to a break on, if a break has to happen. Would've made a friggin' outstanding season finale. I'm glad we're getting another 6 for this season though.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    frogurtfrogurt Registered User regular
    My biggest regret about not being able to go to Comic-Con this year is that I won't be able to see Rick and Morty's panel or whatever crazy thing [AS] is going to do to promote the show.

sig_cyoa-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    frogurt wrote: »
    My biggest regret about not being able to go to Comic-Con this year is that I won't be able to see Rick and Morty's panel or whatever crazy thing [AS] is going to do to promote the show.

You might not have seen it anyway. The last time I was able to go to Comic-con was like, 5-6 years ago, and even then wasn't able to get into the AS panel because the line for it was quadruple the size of the giant room it was in, and started the instant the floor opened that day.

I doubt it's gotten much better since.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I've gotta say though, that last episode was the perfect one to go to a break on, if a break has to happen. Would've made a friggin' outstanding season finale. I'm glad we're getting another 6 for this season though.

Yeah that would of been a great season finale.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

You might not have seen it anyway. The last time I was able to go to Comic-con was like, 5-6 years ago, and even then wasn't able to get into the AS panel because the line for it was quadruple the size of the giant room it was in, and started the instant the floor opened that day.

Comic conventions just need to have live broadcastings to other rooms and auditoriums. i.e., imagine if they put TV screens in the lobbies.

The technology for that these days would be trivial. Why aren't they doing that?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Comic conventions just need to have live broadcastings to other rooms and auditoriums. i.e., imagine if they put TV screens in the lobbies.

The technology for that these days would be trivial. Why aren't they doing that?

It'd be harder to make sure nobody was filming the exclusive reveals to toss up onto the web.

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Don't they live stream the panels online? Or at least have them up shortly afterward?

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular

If they had designated auditoriums maybe, but I feel like the biggest problem with broadcasting in a lobby or other area is that these are areas largely designated to regulate the flow of traffic. With so many people, suddenly making 2/3 of them stationary at any time really causes problems in terms of mobility.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    man I thought there were 9 episodes and i had three more left to see. Such dissppointment. :(

Still Mr Meeseeks was one of the funiest animated things ever. Really appealed to my warped sense of humour "EXISTENCE IS PAIN TO A MEESEEKS"

e: and yeah having seen the jellybean ep, that sure went to a place!

Casual on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    man I thought there were 9 episodes and i had three more left to see. Such dissppointment. :(

Still Mr Meeseeks was one of the funiest animated things ever. Really appealed to my warped sense of humour "EXISTENCE IS PAIN TO A MEESEEKS"

e: and yeah having seen the jellybean ep, that sure went to a place!

Theres uh 12 and 6 more to air

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    He meant he thought there were 9 episodes out already.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Because they couldn't charge for tickets? Otherwise I dunno. Blizzcon does it well.

I want to go back to Comic-con but I am honestly frightened of just how crowded it must be now. I saw it go from not even using the whole show floor to absorbing every last bit of space in the complex in a few short years.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    One of the jokes I love most in this show so far is where Rick hands the family an incredibly powerful object and throws out some really important qualifier for its use as if it's not that important at all. Stuff like "don't use this potion if the person has the flu" or "keep your meeseeks requests reasonable, they're not gods".

And of course the qualifier is usually ignored with disastrous consequences because Rick is incapable delivering any piece of important information like he gives a shit. It's fantastic.

• Options
    Or better yet, "people usually get dogs to feel superior, are you sure you want to pull at that thread?".

This discussion has been closed.