Options

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Drain wrote: »
    First time in Yakima? Go to Miner's.

Staying in Tieton, actually. Lived here for decades, but moved to Twin Falls ID to work at Dell a few years back.

• Options
    V1m wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    Stuck in Yakima, WA for two weeks. Fighters V started before I left. It won't even be halfway done before I get back. Ugh.

Carriers are just a never-ending goddamb series of 6-8 week skills.

I don't even know why I am doing it, either. Fighters V leads into Fighter Bombers and Supercarriers, but that would effectively retire my character.

• Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    I'm training fighters V specifically so I can someday steal a supercarrier.

• Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Drain wrote: »
    First time in Yakima? Go to Miner's.

Staying in Tieton, actually. Lived here for decades, but moved to Twin Falls ID to work at Dell a few years back.
    Ah, I went to West Valley... long ago.
    I'm training fighters V specifically so I can someday steal a supercarrier.
    That's why I trained it :)

Drain on
    N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Stuck in Yakima, WA for two weeks. Fighters V started before I left. It won't even be halfway done before I get back. Ugh.

Carriers are just a never-ending goddamb series of 6-8 week skills.

I don't even know why I am doing it, either. Fighters V leads into Fighter Bombers and Supercarriers, but that would effectively retire my character.

fighters are actually pretty mean right now. They're worth training in their own right.

• Options
    In other news I logged into an alt I haven't really used for a couple of years and found 9 pairs of Genolution implants and a Navy mega in her assets. Oh and she had over a quarter mill Caldari LP from christ knows where, and as I had a bunch of tags left over from my Curse days, 10 CN BCUs were made as well.

*cha-ching!*

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Yeah, well, I found a packet of peanut M&Ms.

• Options
    Man now I want some peanut M&Ms :(

(I can't be trusted with them, so none will be bought)

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Can't be trusted with them? What are you gonna do? Eat them?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Immediately.

• Options
    Through the bag.

I guess the next expansion is gonna :CCP: w-space? That should be interesting.

• Options
    W-space changes devblog is here: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/into-the-known-unknowns/

All the changes sound great to me, and the only one that wormhole residents seem opposed to is the mass-related distance upon jumping through a wormhole.

In particular, I'm excited about the frigate-class wormholes that have no effective mass limit, because frigate roams are fun and it seriously opens up our travel options.

• Options
    Through the bag.

I guess the next expansion is gonna :CCP: w-space? That should be interesting.

I doubt that greatly. That doesn't preclude some incremental balance changes, but the serious work is going to be on 0.0

Of course I'm talking about a CCP that wants there to be an EVE 18 months from now.

• Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    Dev Blog seemed to be mostly balance changes, with very little requiring code monkey time. The Mass/Distance from WH spawn thingy probably required code monkey time. Maybe the new frigate WH's. Possibly the K162 bit. But all of those could be done for a small price in banana's.

So I suspect the majority of the banana budget is still going towards the "Build your own stargates" plan

• Options
    Lochiel wrote: »
    Dev Blog seemed to be mostly balance changes, with very little requiring code monkey time. The Mass/Distance from WH spawn thingy probably required code monkey time. Maybe the new frigate WH's. Possibly the K162 bit. But all of those could be done for a small price in banana's.

So I suspect the majority of the banana budget is still going towards the "Build your own stargates" plan

The build your own stargates thing isn't so much about the stargates as about a 0.0 where people want to build stargates

• Options
    Not going to lie, I'm more excited about the path than I am the destination. Maybe once we get there, the stargates will be dressed up in knee high stockings and a lacy bra... but really it's everything before "Build-a-gate" that has me pumped and ready to go.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Do we know anything about player built gates at all?? The rumor I heard was they were supposed to lead to some kind of "deeper nullsec" but could be destroyed, leaving people stranded. Sort of a hybird of null and w space. Probably bull, but a neat idea.

Edit: The other rumor was they'd lead towards Jove, but somehow I doubt it.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Do we know anything about player built gates at all?? The rumor I heard was they were supposed to lead to some kind of "deeper nullsec" but could be destroyed, leaving people stranded. Sort of a hybird of null and w space. Probably bull, but a neat idea.

Edit: The other rumor was they'd lead towards Jove, but somehow I doubt it.

Seagull didn't tell CSM8 anything at all about what kind of space she had in mind, but she's dropped plenty of public hints that they will lead to new space.

Of course those hints could equally mean "undiscovered country" style 'new' space in that it will radically change the space we already have.

• Options
    I would be very surprised if "Build your own stargate" meant simply "accessing the old space". We know that will happen eventually; but out of the gate I'd be surprised. Wormhole space is one of the few epic successes that CCP has had so they are very likely to try and recreate that.

Lore-wise; it's a toss up if it'll be completely new space, Jovian space, Terran space, or just connecting stars in new Eden previously not part of the stargate network. CCP will figure out all the mechanics they want, and how to make it work then they'll drag the Lore guys in and make them handwave it all into the Lore.

It's a 5 year plan... expect there to be changes

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Idea that would be absolutely hilariously crazy: All non-NPC 0.0 gets converted to build-a-gate, followed by at least one alliance offlining all their 'border' gates, sealing themselves in.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Idea that would be absolutely hilariously crazy: All non-NPC 0.0 gets converted to build-a-gate, followed by at least one alliance offlining all their 'border' gates, sealing themselves in.

More hilariously - N3PL tries to do that, and the CFC destroys the border gates and hellcamps them.

• Options
    After rewatching the Forever trailer, I think it's to a neighboring galaxy... similar to what the EVE Gate was from the Milky Way to New Eden.

It's definitely not to Jove or back to Earth. According to lore, there are already capsuleers living in Jove space and the old galaxy was getting spent which it why we left via the Eve Gate in the first place.

I did notice how the voice over in the trailer is paraphrasing the Erebus passage with some extra doom sprinkled on... Gallente Supremacy!

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I have no doubt in my mind* that cutting off all access except via Jump clones, Jump Bridges, and Titan Bridges will be a thing that far-future nullsec entities do on a regular basis.

(* Except for the doubt that CCP will deliver on it's promises)

Lochiel on
  • Options
    Personally, I'm expecting an Ahn'Quiraj style event where we* do a ton of grinding and then some stargate gets spawned and new space with slightly different rules get added.

Gotta keep those expectations low!

*probably not actually us

• Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    With how stale 0.0 stuff has gotten, I imagine it's to new uncharted space. Although you probably won't be able to build it just anywhere -- it will most likely have some sort of stargate node that you are allowed to build on. Beyond that though, probably no prepopulated warp points for belts, planets, etc. -- you're going to have to chart and bookmark the stuff yourself. No rats in those belts would be great so industry wasn't married to ratters just to do their thing, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. For that kind of new dynamic I'm more looking towards what Star Citizen has planned.

• Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    Aren't jump bridge POS modules basically player-made stargates?

• Options
    I'm hoping that it is includes stars in the New Eden cluster that haven't been connected to yet by the current Stargate network because what mortal wants to connect to a Black Hole/Cataclysmic Variable/Magnetar/Pulsar/Red Giant/Wolf-Rayet system?

• Options
    I got to ghostride for the first time today! Battle report is here and a video is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmklYZxjPyk

• Options
    Ughhhh fuck videos like that make me miss eve

Alt post: Ev0ke?!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    RanaVexRanaVex Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Space Violence best Violence. Ev0ke really likes Cloud Ring, but them Germans won't have much to enjoy. And suas is back.

RanaVex on
    i24ljphx1z1q.jpg
  • Options
    RanaVex wrote: »
    And suas is back.
    That's great news :)

N9pjfAk.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    We scrambled a baltec fleet to kill some BL supercapitals in lowsec. Naturally, we lost tackle before the fleet arrived.

Then Reagalan (the FC) apparently looked at the route home and we heard a string of profanity on comms. This image explains the rest:

1HKUwbr.png

We somehow lost a logistics ship on the first gate, and at least one fleet member (a MRCHI!) had his drugs confiscated by the space police.

A pretty picture from someone in fleet:

Yo9Teyp.jpg

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I got to ghostride for the first time today! Battle report is here and a video is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmklYZxjPyk

That's some first class split-gun whoring right there. Imagine what he could have done if he had remembered to turn his SeBo on? :disappointed:

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Yeah, that guy posts a lot of videos and they're pretty decent in EVE terms but he doesn't seem to be the best pilot.

• Options
    RanaVexRanaVex Registered User regular
    3 Baltecs not aligned.

i24ljphx1z1q.jpg
  • Options
    That is how you know it is a genuine Goonswarm fleet!

• Options
    Speaking of Ev0ke being shitters and the general level of competence in the CFC:

http://themittani.com/news/evoke-dreads-destroyed-iz-aob

:toot:

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Speaking of Ev0ke being shitters and the general level of competence in the CFC:

http://themittani.com/news/evoke-dreads-destroyed-iz-aob

:toot:

That's a pretty concise summary of the CFC in a nutshell right there. Pretty much incompetent, but still effective.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Speaking of incompetence, all three of my carriers were still mostly cap-fit when we jumped into this thing, because I'd unfit my tank mods (rather than dragging them to my fleet hangar) so they were left behind in F2O.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Kick mrchi!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain