As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    CCP is finally going to make 0.0 worth attempting to make ISK in compared to hisec?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    CCP is finally going to make 0.0 worth attempting to make ISK in compared to hisec?

Lets not get crazy here...

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    AFKtars all day every day.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Capital ship travel over long distances is getting harder.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Capital ship travel over long distances is getting harder.

That's the opening salvo.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Is there a list of all the expected changes somewhere?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    No, just a teaser that they are actually maybe going to do something.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Our CSM guys seem happy about it so presumably it screws supercapitals at least as much as it screws normal capitals, and probably doesn't screw jump freighters. This makes me feel optimistic.

• Options
    Is there a list of all the expected changes somewhere?

its in my pants

just get your hand in there have have a good feel around

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Was that really called for?

• Options
    Was asking me to break NDA called for

Need we be so serious here when we can be so very serious in space?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Strictly speaking, he wasn't asking you to break the NDA, he was asking if the information was available.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    LMGTFY

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Yeah, this isn't Something Awful. Tone it down.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    accidental double post

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    If you didnt have anything of substance to say why keep alluding to it?

• Options
    edited September 2014
    To be fair, that reply was fairly accurate to pretty much every conversation I've ever seen in EVE.

Also, in case anyone was still wondering, 0.0 fixes at the moment are know to be, in the works, and not reviled by the CSM. Someone mentioned them in CCP's video, and that's all they've said.

Brody on

• Options
    Yup, anything about the details of the sov changes are guesswork, other than that "power projection changes" are coming first: devblog in the second week of October, going live in one of the two remaining 2014 patches. I think I also saw something about Corp/Alliance fixes to follow in the medium term (sometime in 2015?) and actual sov changes in the longer term.

I'd like to see something where titans and supercarriers are pretty much relegated to one region at a time, as in they effectively can't join fights outside of that radius, while carriers would have more of a 2-3 region radius. There might be an accompanying increase in actual jump range on some of these ships, if the limit is by the number of jumps they can make in a given time period. It would make wars a bit more interesting, since everyone has everyone else's supercaps watchlisted, and everyone uses locator agents, you'd know where the enemy is deployed and could then deploy in response. And with a short enough range, that would potentially carve out space for more people to push into 0.0.

Sidenote on dreads, please of please CCP swap the dread and carrier build costs already, I want people throwing dreads around like candy.

I really doubt we'll see anything to limit the number of capitals that can move (like, only X ships can use each cyno), I expect whatever the change is it will be per-ship or per-character (X delay after each jump, for example). I think we can safely rule out the use of cost to limit any of these changes (for example, staging a carrier in each region, so the rich guys can jump/med clone and then deploy) - I think CCP has probably learned this lesson - which is why I'd lean towards expecting a per-character limit.

Anyway I'm excited for this devblog.

• Options
    In what is probably the first and only time in the history of EVE, everyone agreed on a thing: http://themittani.com/news/null-deal-statement-sovereign-00

Sounds great to me.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular

He was a representative on the CSM last year. Most folks in here know that, and also know that he's explicitly not allowed to tell us anything due to his NDA. (And also that he likes to drop entertaining hinty bits in here and get us all in a sardonic froth)

His only purpose is torture. He deserves a little pleasure after what CCP subjected him to, I'm sure.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Durinia wrote: »

He was a representative on the CSM last year. Most folks in here know that, and also know that he's explicitly not allowed to tell us anything due to his NDA. (And also that he likes to drop entertaining hinty bits in here and get us all in a sardonic froth)

His only purpose is torture. He deserves a little pleasure after what CCP subjected him to, I'm sure.

The CCP people were super nice as a rule, with only a few exceptions we had a very productive and professional relationship.

However a year of being on the CSM showed me that th players should be pushed into an active volcano as a sacrifice to the angry volcano god.

Also that "Null Deal" article is effing hilarious. Allow me to deconstruct it for you

"We demand 5 things that we're getting anyway and 1 other thing that will thoroughly undermine the whole point of the changes".

• Options
    I can agree with what should be done to the playerbase

• Options
    V1m wrote: »
    Durinia wrote: »

The CCP people were super nice as a rule, with only a few exceptions we had a very productive and professional relationship.

I should clarify: the "what CCP subjected him to" was referring to "please deal with the silly geese who play our game."

Also, conveniently, there is an active volcano going strong in Iceland right now!

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    In what is probably the first and only time in the history of EVE, everyone agreed on a thing:
    I can agree with what should be done to the playerbase

Sounds great to me.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    In what is probably the first and only time in the history of EVE, everyone agreed on a thing: http://themittani.com/news/null-deal-statement-sovereign-00

Sounds great to me.

I agree with most of it but the "couple of NPC stations per region" thing is a blatant attempt to retain the power projection of the existing powerblocs, and it will undermine everything that CCP needs to achieve. Claiming that it will "facilitate small scale PvP" is bluntly dishonest. What it will facilitate is a free invulnerable place to store caches of ships so that the rich, well organised groups can evade power projection nerfs by simply jumpcloning or interceptoring to wherever they need to go.

If the intent was truly to facilitate more unaligned groups in 0.0 - a worthy goal, BTW, they'd be asking for 2-4 more NPC regions like Curse or stain - large, lots of agents, lots of medical stations - close to those backwater sov areas. Not just a couple of stations which will be isolated and surrounded by alliance sov space for convenient jump bridge access, and which can easily be hellcamped if any small group does manage to become more than a trivial nuisance.

V1m on
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Sounds great to me.

I agree with most of it but the "couple of NPC stations per region" thing is a blatant attempt to retain the power projection of the existing powerblocs, and it will undermine everything that CCP needs to achieve. Claiming that it will "facilitate small scale PvP" is bluntly dishonest. What it will facilitate is a free invulnerable place to store caches of ships so that the rich, well organised groups can evade power projection nerfs by simply jumpcloning or interceptoring to wherever they need to go.

If the intent was truly to facilitate more unaligned groups in 0.0 - a worthy goal, BTW, they'd be asking for 2-4 more NPC regions like Curse or stain - large, lots of agents, lots of medical stations - close to those backwater sov areas. Not just a couple of stations which will be isolated and surrounded by alliance sov space for convenient jump bridge access, and which can easily be hellcamped if any small group does manage to become more than a trivial nuisance.

I can see how ship caching is a thing to potentially worry about, but I'm not aware of it actually happening. Not because of cost, either. It's just hard to organize something like that. GSF technically has three main staging areas and I don't think that most people bother keeping ships anywhere other than where we are currently deployed. It always takes time for the JF services and importers to get rolling before the markets are actually stocked. If there are power projection nerfs and stockpiles of carriers/dreads become an issue, then yeah we should worry about that, but then you have hobojamming or hellcamps as counters.

As far as NPC sov: 5ZXX, while hellcamped on occasion, has been a very effective base for people who want to shoot us, and that's your main "only one station" example. Fountain has a constellation of stations and Delve has about twice as many as Fountain, and from the discussions I've seen those are what have been held up as the model for this proposal. Other than the time bob put their entire capital fleet into PR-, has Delve or even Fountain been effectively hellcamped? If you have a nice mix of Delve, Fountain, and 5ZXX equivalents spattered around all the regions that don't currently have NPC sov, evidence seems to indicate that there would definitely be opportunities created for small groups to move in and do things. Sure, it also enables the big guys to deploy (this is clearly an example of your law), but we can do that anyway.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    It doesn't happen much now because there's no need for it

But things are about to start changing

• Options
    Mark me down as dubious, but I'm ready to admit I'm wrong when the next devblog comes out!

Alternate thread title, from jabber: "EVE Online - We can have fun, but only if we actively steal it from someone else"

• Options
    It doesn't happen much now because there's no need for it

But things are about to start changing

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/long-distance-travel-changes-inbound/

You weren't just whistling dixie.

Funny part - sitting in station in a huge cap fleet when these were released. The initial rage was palpable.

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Oh God capitals will now have reasons to be on gates.

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Can't wait for people to try and use capitals to break up hostile gatecamps. I can already hear comms:
    "Stop that Archon from burning back to the gate!!!!!!"

• Options
    Ethea wrote: »
    Can't wait for people to try and use capitals to break up hostile gatecamps. I can already hear comms:
    "Stop that Archon from burning back to the gate!!!!!!"

I can hardly wait to crash a gatecamp with a capswarm roll-through.

That was mostly sarcastic (but would still be cool to do once)

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    One, two! One, two! And through and through
    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head
    He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
    Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
    O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
    He chortled in his joy.

Today

Today I am full of win.

And some powdered stuff you don't need to know about, but mostly win.

• Options
    Smart bomb titans crashing gates?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    This is awesome, I am totally fine with these changes.

I will absolutely admit that staging caps with jump clones is most certainly the best way to project power now. But I'm dubious about the ship caching thing actually happening, I think we're still gonna move carriers either by one jump an hour to staging or by gates (lol). I'm sure as hell not stockpiling a carrier in each of our staging systems.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    Hahahaha I wonder if we will need to implement a "No carrier ratting" blackout prior to any capital deployments so as to stop people jumping into the starting system just before the move op, generating fatigue.

• Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Baidol wrote: »
    Hahahaha I wonder if we will need to implement a "No carrier ratting" blackout prior to any capital deployments so as to stop people jumping into the starting system just before the move op, generating fatigue.
    "All capital ratting will now be limited to the capital staging system."

Oh God.

Drain on
    N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    No, you just have a your planed start point, and everyone has to be there with 0 fatigue one hour after broadcasted move op. Everyone can then jump from up to 5ly, wait out the hour, and start with everyone else.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    No, you just have a your planed start point, and everyone has to be there with 0 fatigue one hour after broadcasted move op. Everyone can then jump from up to 5ly, wait out the hour, and start with everyone else.

Yes well I think having to do that could be reasonably described as a nerf.

• Options
    This is probably the biggest change in EVE since capital ships were introduced.

Kill or cure.