Options

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Brody wrote: »
    Kick mrchi!

Boot.MRCHI

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    AnehiiAnehii Registered User regular
    never not kick MRCHI

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    It is the mythical beast!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    See, even Geth's in favor!

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    hey there, was wondering if anyone could do the recall 7 day invite thing for me?

i want to check EVE back out and see if my computer can run it before i put the money towards reactivation

account is MrHenryBemis

[edit] damn i guess they stopped doing that

any other weird little tricks to reactivate without parting with my precious babylonian pentacles

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Not if you want to keep your original account. I remember playing with you for a while years and years back! It's $15 for the month, it won't kill you

• Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    There is an hours for PLEX thing that allows you to activate your account for an hour, or 4?, in order to buy a PLEX and apply it. But it's only a handful of hours, and if you don't activate your account you loose the ability to use it again. Or start up a trial, make sure your computer can run the tutorial missions, then reactivate your main.

EVE is pretty forgiving* on hardware, you'd need a really old machine for it to not work.

* Assuming you've disabled the captains quarters cause who needs that shit anyways

• Options
    Also, if you just want to load it up and see if your computer melts, you could just do a trial account?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Lochiel wrote: »
    * Assuming you've disabled the captains quarters cause who needs that shit anyways
    Um I did not put all that time into the character creator just to NOT virtually sit on my space couch with some space soda.

Not that I've even logged in to do that lately, because criminy buying a house is mentally exhausting.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Also, if you just want to load it up and see if your computer melts, you could just do a trial account?

Is it still doing that after all this time?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

No

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »

No

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    We heard you the first time V1M, jeez

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Maybe

• Options
    If any of you still have your Aurum from the 2011 Incarna giveaway stockpiled, you can now finally get something useful with it. Open the NES and select "Services". For 3500 AUR you can buy a Dual Training Certificate. This allows you to train a second character on your account for 30 days. You can also sell them on the market - current Jita price is about 750M

If you have the full 5500 AUR you can buy 1000- and 500-AUR tokens on the market to make up to 7k, as I did, but the price for those tokens has gone amazeballs in the last couple of days.

• Options
    How have DTC's affected the PLEX market?

• Options
    Looks like they're up a couple of mill in Jita. Within the range of normal fluctuation.

• Options
    welp the one time I have a genuinely postive experience with "the guy from marketing" has not ended well :(

• Options
    Well, its people from marketing. There job isnt to make you happy, its to make you think you'll be happy while taking all of your money.

• Options
    No I mean i'm sad that the guy from marketing isn't going to be there any more.

• Options
    Sad

• Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    So what most likely dumb thing did mikhail niribu do to get himself kicked from mrchi in just over ten days?

newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    dbl post ugh

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Whee. I got into this deeper than I have before thanks to a few buddies. Spent the evening getting blown to hell in militia gang fights on my minnie alt. Three slashers went boom for the cause thus far.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    RanaVexRanaVex Registered User regular
    leaf wrote: »
    So what most likely dumb thing did mikhail niribu do to get himself kicked from mrchi in just over ten days?

:smugdog:

Never not stop losing frigs in FW !

i24ljphx1z1q.jpg
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Hey guys.. Can someone help me like EvE?

I'm on vacation this week and with lots of time to waste, so I may take a 14 day trial and see what's going on with the game recently. I tried it about 3 or 4 years ago and the experience was so frustratingly enraging I uninstalled it after 3 days.

Now I like Space Traders. I was playing the original Space Rouge, Privateer, and Elite back in the day. All about buy low/sell high and be a bit a of a pirate for fun. The experience I got out of Eve was it simply did everything it could to deter me from having fun. It just seemed like everything I did was pointless. I spent about an hour in character creation, reading the lore and histories and then creating my character that I though would match my play-style, only to be dumped in a ship and never seeing anything I did really mean a damn except for a little picture in the corner of my screen.

Docking in the station was completely worthless as I thought you would be able to hang and chill with other players. Instead I was just given an complected, 3d interactive menu system. The quests were boring and repetitive. The skill system was overly complicated, and the experience was simply not fun.

At all.

Now, at the time I tried to join the Merch Corp and some nice PA people have me lots of ISK, that I went and bought a brand new ship with better stuff, only to discover I couldn't even fly it, and I wasted all the money they gave me on accident. I think I shut it off when I tried to warp somewhere and the game flew me though a base and a planet like it was nothing. I was hoping to explore or at least orbit a planet. (I don't even remember a solar system chart now that I think about it)

So has anything changed? Is it worth spending a week playing for giggles for about 8 hours a day?

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    If you didn't like it before, you still won't like it. Some things have changed, some things have been added, but it is still the same game.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    Thank you. I kept seeing these expansions come out and was wondering if the core game changed at all. If it's pretty much the same, then I'm off to play Bravery Default.

• Options
    On the upside most of us are having a blast in the pandamonium that is Vile Rat Day

Although I'd rather have VR still be around

newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    Op success, got doomsdayed by DBRB: https://zkillboard.com/kill/41275607/

• Options
    halkun wrote: »
    Thank you. I kept seeing these expansions come out and was wondering if the core game changed at all. If it's pretty much the same, then I'm off to play Bravery Default.

It's the same game with about 10,000 minor or not so minor annoyances, bugs, imbalances and UI "quirks" fixed up. Unless you're an unusual kind of person or unless you like grinding poor, repetitive content for its own sake then EVE splits into two paths

1) Find a group of players you really enjoy talking to and care about adancing the goals of, in which case EVE is amazeballs

2) Do not find that group in which case it's horrible

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I didn't know him at all, but if I'd known about Vile Rat Day I would have liked to lose a ship in his honor.

News of his death really got to me for some reason.

• Options
    You can still lose a ship and send him an EVE mail if you want.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Always. Examples from yesterday:
    lKDoI2d.png

Cv5LPnY.png

https://zkillboard.com/kill/41277812/

Durinia on
    For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    I will have to remember this the next time I get around to playing.

• Options
    (3:07:47 PM) random_gen: we continually have a hardon for reactions and towers and shit
    (3:09:46 PM) korvalain: well, we are merch industrial
    (3:09:59 PM) Effin: Kick us!

• Options
    Oh by the way 0.0 is going to be utterly changed pretty soon.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Can you elaborate on that?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    EVE servers are turning off. :p

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Is a major alliance going to have a war against someone who can actually fight back?