As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Giant Bomb: E3 is OVER. go HOME

SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEADmargaritavilleRegistered User regular
E3 IS OVER

but we made so many good memories!

tumblr_n71lofTlKO1taj4kwo1_1280.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKKiODpn6Fg

and probably some other stuff

Anyways, lets pick up the shattered pieces of our lives in this, the new giant bomb thread.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    FUCK YEAH XENOBLADE X!

IKknkhU.gif
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    also just because this is a new thread doesn't mean you are off the hook ronnie

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    also
    XENOBLADE X

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Aww I missed some streams

and more importantly missed the chance to subject Ronnie to my voice?

VRXwDW7.png
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    there's a voice thread?

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    i just don't wanna lose friends when i inevitably describe someone's voice as "a Subway sandwich artist who is constantly in a state of incredulity at the rising cost of lumber"

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    When I still hung out on 4chan, I used to really dig those Vocaroo threads where people would just talk or sing and play instruments.

I wouldn't mind such a thing for this place.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    When I still hung out on 4chan, I used to really dig those Vocaroo threads where people would just talk or sing and play instruments.

se++ sings rules of nature

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Though to be honest, it peaks at Tynics first post.

Edit: aw man, the vocaroo ones all got deleted :(

Veldrin on
    one of the reward tiers for Barkley 2 is to impersonate a member of the development team during an interview, and say whatever you want

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So from what I'm hearing, the reason that
    spider tank
    you fight towards the end of the Strike mission is so fucking hard is that at that point you're supposed to be joined by other fireteams, but that feature isn't in yet/is broken.

Myself and Emerlmaster999 ran into it in the exploration mission earlier (it uses the same part of the map) and we kinda whittled it down by dying a lot . I don't think we actually got anything from killing it, though.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Don't listen to any of mine

'cause I forgot to mic check and make sure I wasn't a jumble of unintelligible static so

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

se++ sings rules of nature

Lets sing a good song instead

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    its late I'll take my hate responses off the air, goodnight gb thread

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    i just don't wanna lose friends when i inevitably describe someone's voice as "a Subway sandwich artist who is constantly in a state of incredulity at the rising cost of lumber"

MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Okay so once you start unlocking more of your subclass, Destiny becomes a lot more interesting.

Each subclass eventually gets a choice of one of three different grenades, you can apply one of three upgrades to your jump skill, your super skill, and your melee skill, two different sets of three upgrades that affect your base stats, of which you choose one from each set, and then two sets of upgrades that give various passive bonuses to your class that you choose one from each set. (Stuff like Titan's Striker can increase the jump range of his super, improve the duration of his grenades and the aftermath upgrade for his super, or cause melee kills to instantly restore health)

It's a little slow to open up, but there's a fair amount of variation once it gets going.

Like for example, I'm kind of interested in trying out Warlock with Vortex Grenade, the Vortex Upgrade on Nova Bomb which creates a lingering gravity well, Soul Rip Upgrade on Energy Drain which lowers cooldown on Nova Bomb, and Vortex Mastery to improve the duration of Vortex Grenade and Vortex Nova Bomb. And then in the last column either the upgrade that adds the Energy Drain effect onto grenades and Nova Bomb, or the one that causes all enemies killed by the Warlock abililties to explode.

se++ sings reach out to the truth

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    goodnight, shirtless guy

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Okay so once you start unlocking more of your subclass, Destiny becomes a lot more interesting.

Each subclass eventually gets a choice of one of three different grenades, you can apply one of three upgrades to your jump skill, your super skill, and your melee skill, two different sets of three upgrades that affect your base stats, of which you choose one from each set, and then two sets of upgrades that give various passive bonuses to your class that you choose one from each set. (Stuff like Titan's Striker can increase the jump range of his super, improve the duration of his grenades and the aftermath upgrade for his super, or cause melee kills to instantly restore health)

It's a little slow to open up, but there's a fair amount of variation once it gets going.

Like for example, I'm kind of interested in trying out Warlock with Vortex Grenade, the Vortex Upgrade on Nova Bomb which creates a lingering gravity well, Soul Rip Upgrade on Energy Drain which lowers cooldown on Nova Bomb, and Vortex Mastery to improve the duration of Vortex Grenade and Vortex Nova Bomb. And then in the last column either the upgrade that adds the Energy Drain effect onto grenades and Nova Bomb, or the one that causes all enemies killed by the Warlock abililties to explode.

Messed around a little as a Titan, the core gameplay is really solid but I wish I wasn't doing generic MMO quests. But, I mean, it is an alpha I guess.

I wonder what class is the best at melee, because punching people in the face is the most fun, I went with Titan because lots of armor helps me not die when punching faces.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »

Messed around a little as a Titan, the core gameplay is really solid but I wish I wasn't doing generic MMO quests. But, I mean, it is an alpha I guess.

I wonder what class is the best at melee, because punching people in the face is the most fun, I went with Titan because lots of armor helps me not die when punching faces.

Titan's first subclass is pretty melee focused, although Hunter's second subclass apparently uses some kind of lightning sword as its super, so who knows.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    se++ sings reach out to the truth

guilty

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Behind the spoiler is a write up of my time at E3. It's actually only about the first day because it went on longer than I thought and it is late and I am tired so I'll write about day two another time.
    Now with E3 over I figure I'll share my thoughts on the show. This was my second year going, 1st time getting to go for 2 days. Tuesday I started all the way in the back of the Sony booth and got in line to play Far Cry 4. I didn't know it at the time but Matt Kessler was standing right next to the booth to help direct people. 1st thing I asked when I got a chance to play was "Can I ride the elephant?" "Yes you can!". I immediately jumped on the 1st one I came across and smashed open the door while wildly firing an m60 and trampling people. This was completely different than how I usually play but I didn't care. I kept dying and never actually completed the mission, but I had already declared it my game of the show so none of that mattered.

I then moved onto the next booth which had a gameplay demo of Bloodbourne. It was a Victorian era souls game, so if you enjoy those this should be right up your alley. It had great visuals and very creepy enemy design. Frame rate was kind of bad, but that is to be expected for an early build of the game that wont be out until next year. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the game, and if it doesn't get ported to the PC will probably make me get a ps4 when it comes out.

Parts of the day were a bit of a blur for me to remember. I wandered around for a bit to the Nintendo area, but did not play anything there that day (all of the smash machines were super crowded) and then went into the Microsoft booth and watched people play Sunset Overdrive. While I was doing that I look over and I realized I had been standing next to that human piece of garbage Dave Lang. I wanted to say something, but the man is the size of The Mountain from Game of Thrones so that kind of intimidated me a bit. (Plus he was talking to someone at the time, and I ain't rude like that) I did play TJ Combo over at the Killer Instinct setup though, which was fun. I played against Adam Keits Heart, the creator of Dive Kick. I didn't beat him (because I suck at fighting games) but I did get the closest compared to the people that played ahead of me. Plus I pulled off a few sweet combos so that was good enough for me. (and a free t-shirt!)

As I wandered over to the other hall I saw John Drake on my way and waved. By that point in the day most of the lines were super long and I wasn't going to bother waiting in lines (the ones at the WB booth were really bad). Somehow I did get to the Occulus booth at a time where the wait wasn't too long. I ended up playing Alien Isolation, which was really creepy. I was still trying to get used to the controls, so I just ended up walking around with my flashlight on looking at stuff. The Alien suddenly came around a corner and spotted me. I turned to run, but I couldn't move. I look down and I could see the Alien's tail through my chest. When I look back up its hand reaches down across my face and the occulus goes dark. I had another shot with it so I immediately hide in a closet. I could lean forward and look through the slots which was cool. The alien came up to the door and I tried to pull back, but it saw me and ripped the door off and killed me again.

I checked out The Hunt, which was my most disappointing game of the show. It wasn't bad, it just did have too much going for it. It just looked like a third person Left for Dead, down to finding killed teammates respawned in locked areas. That and I assume because it was the end of the day the presenter at the demo barely talked and didn't have much energy to him.

I ventured back to the Sony booth and played some of the indie games. To get to Nuclear Throne, I ended up having to squeeze past Rami from Vlambeer games while he was talking to Mark Cerny. So, you know, no big deal.
    At the end of the day I waited in line for Sunset Overdrive, which is as people described, a mix of Tony Hawk/Jet Set Radio and Dead Rising. After I ended up by Fantasia and Eric Pope asked if I wanted to play, and you can't say no to those Mutton Chops. I ended up playing two songs with someone else and this being the end of the first day, I was completely wiped out.

As I was walking back to my car, I saw Adam Boyes across the street walking to what I assume was the Giant Bomb E3 Live show. Also at some point in the day I saw Jeff Green waiting in a line somewhere.

JMan711 on
    steam_sig.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My voice is the halfway point between Topher Grace and Jesse Eisenberg

But basically it's Nerd City, yeah

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Whoo, I have successfully finished catching up with the Giant Bomb thread, which was effectively reading 3 closed threads worth of posts while watching GB videos in another window.

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

oh wow yeah he really just sounds like he doesn't give a shit

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

Hm, I don't get that vibe at all personally. But it probably helps if you hear him talking for a while instead of just a snippet.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I don't know how my voice is. I'm told it sounds pleasant?

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Huntera wrote: »

Hm, I don't get that vibe at all personally. But it probably helps if you hear him talking for a while instead of just a snippet.

Is that the same voice from that 10 minute preview that came out a little while ago?

Because yeah, that's some pretty bad voice acting.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    My voice is nasally and gross

It's maybe my least favorite of my physical feature

Which, some days, is saying quite a bit

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dinklage's VA in Destiny definitely seems to a situation where you either love it or you hate it. Personally I really like it but I can see how someone could feel like it was phoned in/flat. I think they could still add a bit of modulation to it still which would help but I like it without it as well. He's definitely going for a flat/monotone robot style.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Maybe the most personally traumatizing thing I've learned in the last few months is that: the voice you hear is not what you actually sound like

I thought the crappy, whiny tone I hear on recordings or over the internet was the fake one. I thought it was just a side effect of having an old phone and mediocre headphones, because I've always sounded pretty decent in my head

but, no, I actually sound that bad all the time. All the time!

It basically killed my desire to ever try streaming things

or speak in general. I communicate entirely in text and varying levels of dismayed expression, now.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    That's how the vow of silence was invented. When cathedrals first started to be built, priests would hear tier voice echo and think "wow I sound like a tool" then vow to never speak again and pretend it was some big religious thing.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Accept your voice

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    What if the dragonborn had a whiny, nasally voice?

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I used to hate my voice (lisp and all) but it got better and now I love it.

This discussion has been closed.