As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: E3 is OVER. go HOME

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Xehalus on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I don't know where you got that gigantic picture Xehalus but I want you to know

that that is pretty clever

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    THAT IMAGE IS LARGE

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    ravio is not a warrior, he is a small businessman

which means... he's a wizard

wait no okay this could work

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    and totp

• Options
    shit 900k my bad

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That is flawlessly fucking brilliant, give everyone involved awards

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    In related news, my brother just tweeted a photo of him roasting marshmallows over a lit stove.

It's not nearly as ingenious as the picture above though.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I just played the XCOM demo
    I... think I liked it?

Yeah

Strategy games are most likely not like what you remember from last time you tried them

The last one was literally Warcraft 3

back then RTS campaigns were incredibly bland

You may even like the SC2 campaign, it's like the only time I've really had fun with an RTS campaign and I love RTS.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »

I could totally see that going wrong

but until then yeah nobel prize for those people

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm really wondering when GB is announcing New Team members.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

Oh I see a drunk person leaning backwards and welding their flesh to the barrel

• Options

Oh I see a drunk person leaning backwards and welding their flesh to the barrel

yeah you get it

but if that doesn't happen they're basically geniuses!

• Options
    actually, now that I think about it, ac unity might in fact be the first ac game to have only one lead character

desmond + altair
    desmond + ezio + altair
    desmond + ezio
    desmond + ezio + altair
    desmond + haytham + ratonhnhake:ton
    aveline + ratonhnhake:ton
    kenway + aveline + adewale
    arno + maybe a disembodied camera like ac4's modern day?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    what if Arno's modern descendant

is a lady???

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    think of how much better NSMB would be if NSMB2 had been based on SMUSA

Pick up and throw other players. Or ride on their heads.

• Options

is a lady???

Didn't AC4 sorta do away with "You gotta be related to this dude to become him in the Animus" thing? Hell, Liberation did that. Brotherhood did that when they made MP an Abstergo training program.

You can be anyone at any time. Hence the "why can't i just be a lady" argument.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    It appears the Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle is sold out everywhere in my town. Also on Amazon. I wonder if they have already discontinued that model.

Also I should add, anecdotally, there have been Xbones and PS4 in stock. And in a few places one Mario Luigi bundle still.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options

is a lady???

Didn't AC4 sorta do away with "You gotta be related to this dude to become him in the Animus" thing? Hell, Liberation did that. Brotherhood did that when they made MP an Abstergo training program.

i have 0 idea, I haven't played an Assassin's Creed since 1, which I never finished

• Options
    the ac4 modern day protagonist is of indeterminate gender

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    that pool seems wide enough that a person of average height could stretch their legs without touching the barrel

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    that pool seems wide enough that a person of average height could stretch their legs without touching the barrel

yeah the problems with that make-shift hot tub all involve people slipping and falling into it / knocking it over somehow
    the idea itself is super solid

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    There's a part of Wolfenstein where a bad guy is startled by you surviving something and he's like there must be something seriously wrong with your cerebral cortex!

And in one line they encapsulate the sort of character he is and why he is and it doesn't come off as ham handed or too fourth wall breaking, and comment on violent games a little too.

It's just good.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Ladies are also related to dudes, so the whole genetic memory thing allows for that in the first place, even if they did dump it later on.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    okay, so, question

has there ever been an open world superpower game

with a super jump

where you when you jump up and land on a car

the car's roof caves in

i don't mean like you do a ground pound attack

just a normal basic jump has you coming down with all the speed and force that a person would have from falling a few hundred feet

corollary is there one where when you jump it severely damages the pavement

i think prototype did that but i'm not sure

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    okay, so, question

has there ever been an open world superhero game

with a super jump

the car's roof caves in

just a normal basic jump has you coming down with all the speed and force that a person would have from falling a few hundred feet

hulk ultimate destruction

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    okay, so, question

has there ever been an open world superhero game

with a super jump

the car's roof caves in

hulk ultimate destruction

huh so people really aren't lying when they say that's the best game of its kind then

i should hunt down a copy of it

• Options
    did you know that hulk ultimate destruction can be played at 720p on the original xbox

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    hulk ultimate destruction is really really good

and the camera isn't perfect but it perfectly shows how awesome the c-stick is

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    i really really hate the default button layout for smash bros on classic controllers/wii u pads

they just assign the same functions to the buttons with the same name as the GC pad with no regard to the fact that the button placement is different

it feels way better to have Y be the attack button instead of A, then your thumb naturally rests on the attack, special, and jump buttons all at once

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

is a lady???

They were memories that were 'captured' from Desmond by Abstergo.

I might be misremembering, but I think one of the audio logs mentioned that replaying memories was easier for male descendants, for reasons.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »

is a lady???

I might be misremembering, but I think one of the audio logs mentioned that replaying memories was easier for male descendants, for reasons.

Probably too hard to program the Animus for women.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

If you get bored skip to 10:15

• Options

is a lady???

Probably too hard to program the Animus for women.

Well
    The lead scientist on the original Animus project was a woman and she performed a lot of the early experiments on herself.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

Wasn't it that it was easier to replay memories of your own gender and potentially dangerous if you didn't?
    In regards to that guy who went cuckoo when he turned out to be a descendant of, I want to say, Jeanne D'Arc.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Maybe, those audio logs were very long

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    i really really hate the default button layout for smash bros on classic controllers/wii u pads

they just assign the same functions to the buttons with the same name as the GC pad with no regard to the fact that the button placement is different

it feels way better to have Y be the attack button instead of A, then your thumb naturally rests on the attack, special, and jump buttons all at once

Doesn't help for the supervised demos but I appreciate that smash bros lets you reassign everything, which is super rare for nintendo titles

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Any sort of story reason as to why women have difficulty using the Animus can be fixed by just saying 'we fixed that issue'.

This discussion has been closed.