As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: E3 is OVER. go HOME

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Stilts wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »
    who wouldn't keep coming to fuckboys, though

A reminder that Christine Love is literally making a game about fuckboys.

drakengard 3 was already released

Jars on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    can 2015 be Year Of The Fuckboy

Boy I sure hope not

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Man this total biscuit tweet is rough.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    I remember those days when we all looked at Shadow of Mordor as hot garbage; oh how far we've come

we still look at your posts as hot garbage though

why ya gotta ker blammo me like this?

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    i for one like my idea

that the last level takes place in a volcano

and after beating the last boss, you see a finger falling from some cliff higher up

with your wraith-like speed you grab it out of the air, and realize that around the severed finger

is a ring

smash to late title card

Shadow is like 60 years before lotr tho

Well, it's one of the lesser rings, it's just that this volcano is like Makeout Point for flinging magical rings into lava.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Bring back shyguys. Year of the shyguys

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    what is going on with the production of tropes vs women though

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    Yeah.

Just tb's use of the word "female" was so robotic.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I remember those days when we all looked at Shadow of Mordor as hot garbage; oh how far we've come

Mail me some Brownies, chumpo

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Bring back shyguys. Year of the shyguys

Just bring back everything from SMB2

I want to see Mouser and Fryguy and Tryclyde and Clawgrip

And seriously how did Ninji not become a recurring enemy like Shyguy

• Options
    New Super Mario Land

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Ninjiis are great

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    think of how much better NSMB would be if NSMB2 had been based on SMUSA

• Options

Mail me some Brownies, chumpo

By the time these brownies get to your home in the frozen wastes they'll be cold garbage!

• Options
    Those snake things from the desert levels. The creepy mask when you get a key.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Note that 3 out of 4 announced playable characters in Hyrule Warriors are women. I wonder how many unannounced playable characters there are and how they'll affect that ratio.

there is also art of link and zelda fighting next to a lady with what is probably a spell book. so yeah, there's probably going to be a few original characters and that's probably where they are going to round out the male character numbers.

Also maybe Ravio?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Snifits are the secret best Mario goon

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

Speaking of TB tweets, he linked to this post on the AC:Unity issue that's also just an interesting look into game development in general.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I was going to hold off on getting a wii u until black friday, but this $50 wii trade in offer from gamestop is really tempting

• Options
    on the other hand, I could probably give my wii to my parents and ask them to just give me $50...

• Options
    can 2015 be Year Of The Fuckboy

if it's not somebody in this industry seriously fucked up

• Options
    David_T wrote: »

Speaking of TB tweets, he linked to this post on the AC:Unity issue that's also just an interesting look into game development in general.

game development is just fucked, huh!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    so in shopping around for video cards there seem to be two promotions running. AMD will give you 1-3 free games including stuff like tomb raider, sleeping dogs, deus ex, etc. nvidia will give you currency in fucking heroes of newerth. gee, thanks.

• Options
    there is a whole lot to talk about with how game development is fucked and how normalized crunch time is, but the difficulty of adding in things at this point in the production cycle isn't that relevant because it's not when the decision we're talking about was made

the decision was made however many years ago that a woman was prototyped early and then sidelined

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

Yeah he's not wrong.

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    there is a whole lot to talk about with how game development is fucked and how normalized crunch time is, but the difficulty of adding in things at this point in the production cycle isn't that relevant because it's not when the decision we're talking about was made

the decision was made however many years ago that a woman was prototyped early and then sidelined

Well, the decision that there would be another fully realized player character to choose from, yes. That character also did happen to be a woman.

Like, again, yes it would have been fantastic if players were able to choose a female protagonist, but it's not like this is the first AC to end up just having one lead character.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    who wouldn't keep coming to fuckboys, though

A reminder that Christine Love is literally making a game about fuckboys.

Reminder that I'm super hyped for Christine Love's game about fuckboys

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    It appears the Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle is sold out everywhere in my town. Also on Amazon. I wonder if they have already discontinued that model.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    I'm actually kind of bummed now because the nvidia card is the better choice. what a disconnect "hey how about a free game from this great library to test out your new card?" versus "hey here's some vanity stuff for a shitty game that will make you hate yourself"

I thought heroes of newerth straight up died like a year ago

• Options
    edited June 2014

Well, the decision that there would be another fully realized player character to choose from, yes. That character also did happen to be a woman.

Like, again, yes it would have been fantastic if players were able to choose a female protagonist, but it's not like this is the first AC to end up just having one lead character.

not even protagonist, but co-op avatar

this was decided, at one point early in production, to be a feature not as important as other features and something they might get back to if they have time

that is not a great attitude to have about being able to have a female avatar in assassin's creed unity cooperative multiplayer

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I guess I'm the only one who's had frequent positive midnight release experiences?

I've never had issues with the people in line. In general I run into cool, nice people that are excited to be there.

When I was in line for dark souls for midnight release I struck up a conversation with a pretty fun dude in like next to me.

Like a year later we ended up in the same Japanese 101 class and became fast friends and after work we would grab some other people we liked from class and drive around and get food and talk and play videogames and stuff.

It was quite nice.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Jars wrote: »
    I'm actually kind of bummed now because the nvidia card is the better choice. what a disconnect "hey how about a free game from this great library to test out your new card?" versus "hey here's some vanity stuff for a shitty game that will make you hate yourself"

I thought heroes of newerth straight up died like a year ago

the people who made HoN are making a new moba so I guess you could say HoN died

Huntera on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I just played the XCOM demo
    I... think I liked it?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Other Hyrule Warrior characters I would like to see!

Zora/Goron/Deku Link
    Groose
    Linebeck
    Blind the Thief
    Moosh
    Error
    Maple

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What means "fuckboy"

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I... think I liked it?

Yeah

Strategy games are most likely not like what you remember from last time you tried them

• Options
    I... think I liked it?

Now, I'm not sure how much you'd hate this but

if you play xcom long enough be prepared to eat some real bullshit in terms of like missing shots and getting crit every now and then

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I... think I liked it?

Yeah

Strategy games are most likely not like what you remember from last time you tried them

The last one was literally Warcraft 3

• Options
    Radius wrote: »
    Other Hyrule Warrior characters I would like to see!

Zora/Goron/Deku Link
    Groose
    Linebeck
    Blind the Thief
    Moosh
    Error
    Maple

ravio

This discussion has been closed.