As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: E3 is OVER. go HOME

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    It boggles my mind that any activity at all could possibly less appealing than being in a best buy for 2 hours

But I work here, so

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    also the male wii fit trainer is an alternate "color" for the female wii fit trainer

i guess it's possible that they have a bunch of other skins that they haven't shown off yet that will appear in the final game but at this point i wouldn't get my hopes up that there are all that many alternate skins

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    but yeah little mac is really strange

he can't jump for shit and his aerials are all garbage, but every time you use a B move it fills up a meter over his portrait and when it's full all of his B moves basically turn into instant kills

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    apparently a best buy in the city i am in is doing the smash brothers thing, but it's like 15 minutes away.

If i didn't really care about brawl should i care about four?

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    apparently a best buy in the city i am in is doing the smash brothers thing, but it's like 15 minutes away.

If i didn't really care about brawl should i care about four?

-Probably not

-Even if you did at this point it's too late to get in line

• Options
    it depends on what it is you didn't like about brawl though

i think a lot of people's early impressions is that it's a swing back closer to melee

i didn't really get enough time with it to feel that kind of thing out though

early on they were giving people 2 4-minute rounds but by the time my turn came up they were only doing 1 2-minute round

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    yeah, no way i was going to go to that. I meant like, should i buy it when it comes out or is it like brawl, which i didn't really like despite liking melee a bunch.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    oh man, the tissue maid for Akiba's Trip in that Griffin/Justin video. They know exactly who their audience is

That's hilarious

• Options
    speed wise it seems faster than brawl but slower than melee

tripping's out

uh yeah i dunno

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    oh lordy don't google it

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    yeah, no way i was going to go to that. I meant like, should i buy it when it comes out or is it like brawl, which i didn't really like despite liking melee a bunch.
    we probably won't really know until it's out

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

he can't jump for shit and his aerials are all garbage, but every time you use a B move it fills up a meter over his portrait and when it's full all of his B moves basically turn into instant kills

He's a boxer, man
    Gotta keep those feet on the ground

• Options
    also I just realized

we're one character away from being able to have a full 4 player smash bros. match without any nintendo characters in it (bearing in mind that snake is gone)

• Options
    It needs an American so they'll have someone to ask questions and explain things to for our benefit

i nominate DreamyDrew

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Do they just transpose female Wii fit trainer's animation onto male's

It seems pretty weird to have a guy who runs, jumps, and hits like a woman

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

You're right, they should cut him

While they're at it they should probably cut all the male characters from the game, they can pass the savings onto us

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »

i dunno, i didn't see anyone play as the male trainer

i have to assume that yeah they're basically identical though

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    In line right now been waiting for an hour. My brother stopped by but didn't get in line cuz he was running errands but apparently there's another line inside for people who bought tickets Wednesday but didn't get to play.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qB4IF_U8qo

0:48. I love everything about the fulton animation.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Note that 3 out of 4 announced playable characters in Hyrule Warriors are women. I wonder how many unannounced playable characters there are and how they'll affect that ratio.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

He's a boxer, man
    Gotta keep those feet on the ground

oh yeah it makes perfect sense, it's just hard to adapt to

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    also the male wii fit trainer is an alternate "color" for the female wii fit trainer

i guess it's possible that they have a bunch of other skins that they haven't shown off yet that will appear in the final game but at this point i wouldn't get my hopes up that there are all that many alternate skins

I don't think I follow your logic here

I mean we have four alternate skins in the Villager alone, and I'm sure Wario will have them too when he's revealed

I wouldn't expect them on Yoshi or anything

But we could end up seeing Dr. Mario or summat!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    the sole male character is an androgynous elf wearing fuckboy eyeliner

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    -Tal you keep coming back to that and it's kinda creepy

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    dr mario better fucking be in smash

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I'm watching this Shadow of Mordor demo and it's nuts
    Like, getting your dude killed is expected and built into the system because it shows you how it sets off a whole chain reaction of the orc who killed you thinking he's hot shit and taking on another chieftain, and this domino effect kicks in and shuffles the other chieftains around in terms of power and influence

And apparently as part of your wraith state you reincarnate at a particular location and keep playing with all those changes in place

• Options
    Did they ever make a statement about the fact that the traversal animations are straight ripped from Assassin's Creed

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I remember those days when we all looked at Shadow of Mordor as hot garbage; oh how far we've come

• Options
    what if instead of killing sauron, talion keeps taking the fall for his orc buddy until he becomes king of the orcs

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    who wouldn't keep coming to fuckboys, though

• Options
    edited June 2014
    i for one like my idea

that the last level takes place in a volcano

and after beating the last boss, you see a finger falling from some cliff higher up

with your wraith-like speed you grab it out of the air, and realize that around the severed finger

is a ring

smash to late title card

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Hullis wrote: »

heh

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    i for one like my idea

and after beating the last boss, you see a finger falling from some cliff higher up

with your wraith-like speed you grab it out of the air, and realize that around the severed finger

is a ring

smash to late title card

They should absolutely use at least one of the lesser rings

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Huntera wrote: »
    I remember those days when we all looked at Shadow of Mordor as hot garbage; oh how far we've come

we still look at your posts as hot garbage though

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    i for one like my idea

is a ring

smash to late title card

Shadow is like 60 years before lotr tho

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

A reminder that Christine Love is literally making a game about fuckboys.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    can 2015 be Year Of The Fuckboy

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    lol if you can get it up to anything besides a whipering yandere

..I hope that is the right terminology

This discussion has been closed.