As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: E3 is OVER. go HOME

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I waited in line 5 hours on thursday. I was 9th in line, played within half an hour.
    LyODQ4m.jpg?1
    By hour 4 the line had grown desperate and tried to play Project M through a capture card into a laptop. The lag was devastating but the line held strong.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    It's not like I was doing anything else today

Alternatively, you could be doing anything else.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I went to the midnight release of rock band 3 since I got off work at 11 and the store was on the way home

A young man said the following phrase to me, completely unprompted

"The Internet: brought to you by Satan. Satan: brought to you by mayonnaise. Mayonnaise: brought to you by the Internet."

Today I was hoping to at least strike up some conversations with people in line but in front of me there is a crotchety old man supervising his children who clearly has utter contempt for everyone else here and behind me is a group of shitty ass teenagers being shitty ass teenagers

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I went to the midnight release of ac4 since I had never done it before and wanted to see what it was like

I think I will continue not going to midnight releases and just buying it the day after or ordering online

This is me exactly but with Mass Effect 3

I had a dude regale me with the tale of how this one time his totally hot female friend had him over to help with computer stuff and they totally had sex

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Going to a midnight release sounds like a crock o'bad stuff

but I'm spoiled by just downloadin' shit off steam

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I goto Walmart for midnight releases and don't get in a line and get out of there 5 minutes after midnight and typically buy some other stuff I need..

Fuck associating with random local gamers.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Went to a GTA4 midnight release

It was rubbish, waited for over an hour and didn't even get the game.

• Options
    If I wanted to hang out with local teenagers I'd just start skateboarding around town selling pot.

No I don't.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a midnight game release

I mean, going to a midnight release of a movie is usually fun. My girlfriend was in line with a lot of like-minded Harry Potter fans to see the last movie, and I joined her, and that was really fun! Just a bunch of people who share this interest hanging out, dressing up, excited to see this movie. I feel like that's how a video game release should go, except that people who play video games are apparently terrible.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    you know I don't think ubisoft has explicitly said that ships aren't coming back for ac unity

the french revolutionary wars did have naval battles

what if arno contracts the legendary assassin warship, the aquila, led by the american mentor ratonhnhake:ton, to secure the coasts of the burgeoning french republic

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    -Tal you set your sights too high, you're gonna end up blind after staring so hard into the sun

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Who in their right mind would go out in the middle of the night to do an activity with a bunch of strangers where you actually have to interact with them and complete meaningless tasks together and there isn't even any alcohol

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I guess I'm the only one who's had frequent positive midnight release experiences?

I've never had issues with the people in line. In general I run into cool, nice people that are excited to be there.

• Options
    look you don't even have to make it part of the game!!

make it a $20 xbla game that is literally just more assassin's creed naval missions but within the context of the french revolutionary wars!!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I went to the midnight release for Assassin's Creed 3/Need for Speed Most Wanted and I was almost certain I was the only person there who had showered that day

I'm afraid I would actually die by smells at a PAX

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I just value my time and think that waiting in line for something that doesn't become better by getting it earlier is a waste of time.

Midnight movies I am totally behind, especially hard genre movies.

But games? I could be doing something to make time to play the game instead of standing in a line.

No I don't.
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I went to the midnight release for skyrim because my buddy's band was playing a bar that was a few doors down from the gamestop

• Options
    Pretty much every time I've gone to a midnight release the logic was "I have stuff to do tomorrow and I wasn't going to go to bed until late anyway"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I went to the midnight release for Assassin's Creed 3/Need for Speed Most Wanted and I was almost certain I was the only person there who had showered that day

I'm afraid I would actually die by smells at a PAX

PAX East did not assault my nose but I stayed away from the esports booths

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I went to a midnight releases of Final Fantasy 13. I didn't want the game but I had friends there, so I waited in line with them and then just left when they got the game.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    If I ran a convention there would be hygiene inspectors who'd pull people aside and make them either take a shower on site or leave until they took a shower elsewhere.

People who stink would be turned away and given a brochure on personal hygiene when in public spaces.

No I don't.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2vfLGQGskc

Griffin McElroy previews Hotline Miami 2

I feel like the news that that game has a level editor was the thing everybody managed to miss at E3

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I mean, at least take a shower before showing up. I can understand a stink forming in the convention just by the very nature of a lot of people in a small area, but it shouldn't start that way.

No I don't.
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I went to the midnight launch for the Wii. Me and my then-girlfriend just played Mario Kart DS with everyone in line. It was pretty cool.

But it was also late November in Toronto so it was also really cold, cold to the point that it affected the refresh on the DS screens on some transitions, which was interesting

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I mean, at least take a shower before showing up. I can understand a stink forming in the convention just by the very nature of a lot of people in a small area, but it shouldn't start that way.

When you have a convention where not every attender is rich enough to afford a hotel or other suitable lodging it kind of turns out that way

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Get naked to the waist and soap yourself in a public bathroom

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Paladin wrote: »

When you have a convention where not every attender is rich enough to afford a hotel or other suitable lodging it kind of turns out that way

I don't care. If you can't afford to go to a convention and take a shower or bathing, then your priorities are pretty fucked up by going to the convention anyway. If you're sleeping in your car to get to the convention there are always showers at truckers gas stations.

I've done the crazy sleep in my car to go to this event thing before. I still managed to not smell awful before showing up.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    Paladin wrote: »

I don't care. If you can't afford to go to a convention and take a shower or bathing, then your priorities are pretty fucked up by going to the convention anyway. If you're sleeping in your car to get to the convention there are always showers at truckers gas stations.

I've done the crazy sleep in my car to go to this event thing before. I still managed to not smell awful before showing up.

I think you've hit on the root of the problem right there

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I went to the midnight release of ac4 since I had never done it before and wanted to see what it was like

I think I will continue not going to midnight releases and just buying it the day after or ordering online

I had a dude regale me with the tale of how this one time his totally hot female friend had him over to help with computer stuff and they totally had sex

I told you that in confidence, Etch
    I trusted you

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    "totally had sex" is such a weird line

do they normally "not really" have sex?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I told you that in confidence, Etch
    I trusted you

That was your first mistake, man

• Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    "totally had sex" is such a weird line

do they normally "not really" have sex?
    Yes.

I assume.

• Options
    Dear diary, today I made love for the second time

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I remember I was in gamestop on the release day of COD:ghosts or something and I was all uhh I'm here to get harvest moon

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I stopped going to midnight releases for everything a few years ago because I am old and a father, etc.

But man I remember what an event the Halo 2 release was. The stores around the Gamestop stayed open too, including a Cinnabon and an internet cafe, so people bought Halo 2 then walked over to the internet cafe and started playing multiplayer.

I still lived in the sticks at that time, so I had a 50 minute drive home, listening to the Halo soundtrack. Then Halo 2 was... Halo 2.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    You know what I just realized?

Baby Daisy came before Baby Mario
    ULOxaoD.png

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Dear diary, today I made love for the second time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idDzhBOD2fQ

7:55

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    little mac is really weird

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

2 Hour wait: worth it?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited June 2014

2 Hour wait: worth it?

in the grand scheme of things, no

in the specific context of "i can sit around my house for 2 hours and do nothing or i can stand around in best buy for two hours and do nothing and then play a little bit of smash bros" then yeah sure

Speed Racer on
This discussion has been closed.