Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

[chat]over

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I have actually assaulted people who tried to throw away my things

don't do it

just don't

this is a general warning

I wish I did that...

I don't

I do not recommend striking your parents in general terms

fuck gendered marketing
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I saw some screencaps of WoW.

Holy shit that game looks dated.

And looking back on games I thought were absolute cutting edge and MY GOD IT LOOKS REAL...

unreal.jpg

Memory is a cruel trickster.

ffvii blew my mind when I summoned bahamut for the first time

...memory is totally a dick

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Basically yeah I get that DK, but unfortunately this was partially something else going on, not just half finished old art projects.

Honestly the whole thing kinda worries me, since he's been acting distant in general but whatevs

don't do it

just don't

Elldren wrote angrily from a throne of old newspapers and empty cereal boxes

I need to be able to make the decision myself

I can forgive myself

fuck gendered marketing
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    I just did a soundcheck with my new microphone and I thought I sounded like Dick Clark and my voice actually sounds like I'm a character from Jersey Shore and aaaaaaaack why does my voice have to sound so wiseguyish.

Fact One: Your voice bounces around and resonates in your head/sinuses and sounds wildly different to you than it does to the rest of the world. This is fact.

Fact Two: You are a much harsher judge of your own voice than the rest of the world.

Fact Three: You need to practice the sheet out of a cadence and get some speech training in if you want to do speaking gigs regardless.

I just wanted to talk about soccer why does talking about soccer have to have all these other things about it

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

don't do it

just don't

I wish I did that...

I don't

I do not recommend striking your parents in general terms

Yeah.

I understand that, which is why I never punched them.

Without going into details, I really wish I did, though....

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I just did a soundcheck with my new microphone and I thought I sounded like Dick Clark and my voice actually sounds like I'm a character from Jersey Shore and aaaaaaaack why does my voice have to sound so wiseguyish.

Fact One: Your voice bounces around and resonates in your head/sinuses and sounds wildly different to you than it does to the rest of the world. This is fact.

Fact Two: You are a much harsher judge of your own voice than the rest of the world.

Fact Three: You need to practice the sheet out of a cadence and get some speech training in if you want to do speaking gigs regardless.

I just wanted to talk about soccer why does talking about soccer have to have all these other things about it

Most successful podcasters and radio folks have "voices" that they affect purely for the radio/podcast. these voices are designed to be distinct, pleasing and easy to understand.

If you want to talk about soccer, do so in a recording, listen to it back, figure out where you were flat, record again, see if you improved, and start honing your voice.

This takes TIME.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    P10 wrote: »
    Also I just stumbled into the meat thread in H/A and all I want now is a big Katz Deli sandwich.

Right the fuck now.

In my belly.

All of it.
    reuben.jpg
    you can order katz's online

I could also hop on a train for an hour and walk 10 minutes and get some.

But I reaaaaallly shouldn't.
    I'd assume that's the cheaper method if you are really fiending.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Also, my dad is in his 70s. It would be super fucked up for me to physically assault him...

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

And looking back on games I thought were absolute cutting edge and MY GOD IT LOOKS REAL...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6705693/unreal.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kueCCffiBkY

by comparison, looking at MLB 14 The Show on PS4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0nuXlUoB0

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Also, my dad is in his 70s. It would be super fucked up for me to physically assault him...

Not that I want to!

Just saying...

Most successful podcasters and radio folks have "voices" that they affect purely for the radio/podcast. these voices are designed to be distinct, pleasing and easy to understand.

If you want to talk about soccer, do so in a recording, listen to it back, figure out where you were flat, record again, see if you improved, and start honing your voice.

This takes TIME.

yeah

my uncle does soccer play by play and he spent YEARS developing his voice

though now he uses it basically all the time

fuck gendered marketing
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Basically yeah I get that DK, but unfortunately this was partially something else going on, not just half finished old art projects.

Honestly the whole thing kinda worries me, since he's been acting distant in general but whatevs

Yeah, sounds like a not great situation.

I just think of how mad I got at my parents when they threw out some boxes of my stuff about a year after I moved out. I was mad but there really just was junk in there, stuff I wasn't realistically gonna pick up again. I eventually realized they were right when they said "well you hadn't talked about it in a year and when you were living home, you weren't using it then either".

Sounds like this is different but my experience is that someone tossing a box of your stuff isn't always bad and sometimes something you need to have happen.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited July 2014
    Nah. Just kidding. Rehr and stuffm

Neco on

This takes TIME.

Unless you're me and then you just have an awesome voice automatically and people tell you on an annoyingly frequent basis that you should be in radio

(not really, doing phone CS for the better part of a decade tends to hone your voice a bit and I legit don't think I could even access that tone intentionally it's just a reflex at this point)

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular

This takes TIME.

All I did was a simple soundcheck. All I said into the mic was the old 'can you hear me now? Good' Verizon tagline. I just, like, never hear my voice played back to me. Like ever.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    lol never mind not sleeping my brain did that whole 'remember these horrible things you've done?' bit right as I was drifting off.

"Hey Brad," they ask, "why did you have a hard time sleeping last night?"

"Oh I dunno, my meds probably." I say.

I'm in the process of cleaning out things at my mum's house and the key for me is that I need the agency

fuck gendered marketing
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Blargh, woken up at 4:20am for an issue that's not an issue.

On the bright side, I now have time to cook a pre-Guardians Ham Ommlette for breakfast.

This takes TIME.

yeah

my uncle does soccer play by play and he spent YEARS developing his voice

though now he uses it basically all the time

*soccer announcer joke here*

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    A wild Shiv appears!

I couldn't get your XCom names file to work.

That's twice you've failed me...

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious

This takes TIME.

All I did was a simple soundcheck. All I said into the mic was the old 'can you hear me now? Good' Verizon tagline. I just, like, never hear my voice played back to me. Like ever.

If I go into storytelling mode, I have a pretty boss voice with a good cadence and a distinct sound. I've done acting and I can kind of fall into a role.

If I am talking about a vidja I want to play or a Mac you should buy... when I hear that played back to me I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    goodnight

i leave you with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kz9HFrH3_M

poo
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I am so excited for guardians of the galaxy. Doubly so because I'm going to the superlux, where there is unlimited free popcorn and drinks delivered to you throughout the movie and a big menu with food and alcoholic drinks that you can order any time with a call button. The food's ok too.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mortious wrote: »
    A wild Shiv appears!

I couldn't get your XCom names file to work.

That's twice you've failed me...

They should've put it in the options or something easier

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

Yeah, sounds like a not great situation.

I just think of how mad I got at my parents when they threw out some boxes of my stuff about a year after I moved out. I was mad but there really just was junk in there, stuff I wasn't realistically gonna pick up again. I eventually realized they were right when they said "well you hadn't talked about it in a year and when you were living home, you weren't using it then either".

Sounds like this is different but my experience is that someone tossing a box of your stuff isn't always bad and sometimes something you need to have happen.

i just get random detritus that was once mine mailed to me

like a norton cd

and a chase bank coffee mug

it's kind of the opposite problem

guys you can feel free to throw that stuff away

sig.gif
    Honestly, I'm having enough on my hands just getting things to the point where I will have a usable audio file where all speakers can be heard and do not overlap and sound like humans. Because I've never done audio work before. Honing a speaking voice is WAY down my priority list right now.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm not saying your dad was right to throw your stuff out but if you start an art project and stop working on it, after about 4-6 months, someone should really poke you to either finish or trash it. It's a service. People get all sunk cost about it but you can't just drown in a million half-completed projects.

I moved out and put a bunch of shit in boxes to be sent to me, because I didn't need it RIGHT AWAY and it wouldn't fit in my tiny car.

Some of those were thrown out.

This wasn't all stuff just lying around.

When we moved to Ireland my dad trashed a lot of things that I wanted him to keep, including a box containing a half-finished manuscript I no longer have a copy of, and a full set of 1st and 2nd Ed AD&D manuals, 1st printing for some of them. Also my Keep on the Borderlands boxed set from original D&D, my Paranoia boxed set, and about 80 dice.
    I've never even gotten an explanation of what happened to that stuff, nevermind an apology. He helped us financially for a while so I guess it's even if he sold it? But I don't even know.

We weren't even living with him, we'd just asked him to store it for us until we got back.

spool32 on
    Started watching Copper on netflix

pretty ok show

but I'm on a serious 1800s kick lately (Deadwood, Hell On Wheels and now Copper)

Honestly, I'm having enough on my hands just getting things to the point where I will have a usable audio file where all speakers can be heard and do not overlap and sound like humans. Because I've never done audio work before. Honing a speaking voice is WAY down my priority list right now.

If you have an ok mixing program, a good standard recipe for spoken word is:

compression -> auto-level to -3db ->mix equally -> hand tweak as needed

Shouldn't take too long and results should be very clear.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6705693/unreal.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kueCCffiBkY

by comparison, looking at MLB 14 The Show on PS4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0nuXlUoB0

or future fifa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X4zBaJEYk

:p

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited July 2014

I have Audacity, which I downloaded two days ago, and an ATR2100 mic, which came yesterday, because it was affordable and has a USB capability and a tripod and I don't have to go buy a mixing board for it, because I am terrified of touching a mixing board especially because we have a 5-year-old nephew that likes to play with buttons when you're not watching and futzes with the remote control in ways we don't always know how to fix and sometimes has problems with the word 'no'.

Gosling on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hello folks,

As soon as I started my shift tonight I had a guy come in and totally ruin my night

*sigh*

now I cant stop my hands from shaking.

I was writing a much longer post and this was p succinct.

My only further suggestion is that if you are running everyone in through a single skype session, expect issues with overlap if there are more than 2 people talking.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Hello folks,

As soon as I started my shift tonight I had a guy come in and totally ruin my night

*sigh*

uhhh, can you share?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Almost bedtime for me.

Before I go through, I want to mention how cool my pharmacist was. I was really scared that ahe was going to be mean, but she was actually really nice, and made a point to not mention estradioll by name....

Almost bedtime for me.

Before I go through, I want to mention how cool my pharmacist was. I was really scared that ahe was going to be mean, but she was actually really nice, and made a point to not mention estradioll by name....

Lets say that 1 in every 400-600 people is transgender.

Your standard pharmacist sees many thousands of people a year.

One would hope that the good ones have figured out how to dance around these topics properly.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited July 2014
    Almost bedtime for me.

Lets say that 1 in every 400-600 people is transgender.

Your standard pharmacist sees many thousands of people a year.

One would hope that the good ones have figured out how to dance around these topics properly.

Yeah

Though to be fair, self medicating is kind of a huge thing in the community for a variety of reasons. Even in good places it can be hard to get healthcare. I'd imagine the stats on people actually getting medication from pharmacies are a little depressing.

Shivahn on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hello folks,

*sigh*

uhhh, can you share?

He didnt have valid funds on his credit card and unfortunately we require it, no cash deposits.

He says he was drunk but he didn't seem or smell it, then tried to say if he gets caught by the cops I'm liable.

I'm not, I didnt serve him and I never said he had to drive I've talked to the police about this before to cover my butt for situations like this.

But he continued to be incredibly aggressive and confrontational, attempted to call our corporate number to cause a ruckus but it didn't work he says. Then continued to threaten to make my job difficult.

After more pointless back and forth when he asked what can he do I said he can take a taxi somewhere and leave his car here till morning wasnt good enough for him.

I lost my cool and calmly said well you were ok to drive here, he then said no he wasnt. Said that wasnt my choice he told me not to continune that sentence and "THAT WAS a threat!"

On his way out he said "I hope someone fucks you over like you have fucked me"

hugs broar, that sucks : (

This discussion has been closed.