Options

[chat]over

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    desc wrote: »
    Hi [chat] what's ...

*looks at Cinders' pics*

*frowns and does pushups for one century*

Dude, more planks less pushups.

Maybe some bicycle crunches.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I was going through my phone's camera to find a picture of the art thing I made WHICH WAS THROWN OUT and came across tons of old stuff. My old cat was the cutest fucking thing ever, basically. Also I found some pre transition pictures and was like "oh hello there."

your dad is a psychopath

I was talking a lot about the couple of arty things I made or was ready to make last night and the entire time I was like "Ell would be having a pretty strong reaction to this."

I did (or at least started) a lot of really cool artsy things that I spent many hours on that were thrown out =/

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I was going through my phone's camera to find a picture of the art thing I made WHICH WAS THROWN OUT and came across tons of old stuff. My old cat was the cutest fucking thing ever, basically. Also I found some pre transition pictures and was like "oh hello there."

your dad is a psychopath

I was talking a lot about the couple of arty things I made or was ready to make last night and the entire time I was like "Ell would be having a pretty strong reaction to this."

I did (or at least started) a lot of really cool artsy things that I spent many hours on that were thrown out =/

I would straight up shank someone who did that to me

I don't care who they are

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm not saying your dad was right to throw your stuff out but if you start an art project and stop working on it, after about 4-6 months, someone should really poke you to either finish or trash it. It's a service. People get all sunk cost about it but you can't just drown in a million half-completed projects.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

your dad is a psychopath

I would straight up shank someone who did that to me

I don't care who they are

Well, you're well aware of how complicated and mixed my relationship with my father is.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Hi [chat] what's ...

*looks at Cinders' pics*

I just looked down at myself and thought "Well... this is unfortunate"

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm not saying your dad was right to throw your stuff out but if you start an art project and stop working on it, after about 4-6 months, someone should really poke you to either finish or trash it. It's a service. People get all sunk cost about it but you can't just drown in a million half-completed projects.

I moved out and put a bunch of shit in boxes to be sent to me, because I didn't need it RIGHT AWAY and it wouldn't fit in my tiny car.

Some of those were thrown out.

This wasn't all stuff just lying around.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

I don't even know your dad, but I am super pissed off at him for that stuff!

• Options
    I am in a frothing murderous rage

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Also a lot of other, more important stuff for other family members was thrown out. I didn't really go into details but this wasn't a minor thing, stuff's been... hard since the divorce.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    I just did a soundcheck with my new microphone and I thought I sounded like Dick Clark and my voice actually sounds like I'm a character from Jersey Shore and aaaaaaaack why does my voice have to sound so wiseguyish.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited July 2014
    I saw some screencaps of WoW.

Holy shit that game looks dated.

And looking back on games I thought were absolute cutting edge and MY GOD IT LOOKS REAL...

unreal.jpg

Memory is a cruel trickster.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

I moved out and put a bunch of shit in boxes to be sent to me, because I didn't need it RIGHT AWAY and it wouldn't fit in my tiny car.

I caught my step mom trying to throw out actual food in my cupboards. I very rarely yell at people, but I was very close to yelling at her..

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

I caught my step mom trying to throw out actual food in my cupboards. I very rarely yell at people, but I was very close to yelling at her..

I

I see o.O

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Also I just stumbled into the meat thread in H/A and all I want now is a big Katz Deli sandwich.

Right the fuck now.

In my belly.

All of it.
    reuben.jpg
    you can order katz's online

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    I have actually assaulted people who tried to throw away my things

don't do it

just don't

this is a general warning

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

And looking back on games I thought were absolute cutting edge and MY GOD IT LOOKS REAL...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6705693/unreal.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kueCCffiBkY

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Hi [chat] what's ...

*looks at Cinders' pics*

Dude, more planks less pushups.

Maybe some bicycle crunches.

all of those and more

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

don't do it

just don't

what if they wrestle it away from you and smugly inform you that you'll be happier once your cupboards are cleaner

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Also a lot of other, more important stuff for other family members was thrown out. I didn't really go into details but this wasn't a minor thing, stuff's been... hard since the divorce.

I am getting legit angry about that.

When I moved away from my dad in my teens, he refused to give me back my stuff, and so I lost everything I owned at the time.

• Options

don't do it

just don't

I wish I did that...

• Options
    ronya wrote: »

don't do it

just don't

what if they wrestle it away from you and smugly inform you that you'll be happier once your cupboards are cleaner

I will punch someone who does that

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Gosling wrote: »
    I just did a soundcheck with my new microphone and I thought I sounded like Dick Clark and my voice actually sounds like I'm a character from Jersey Shore and aaaaaaaack why does my voice have to sound so wiseguyish.

Fact One: Your voice bounces around and resonates in your head/sinuses and sounds wildly different to you than it does to the rest of the world. This is fact.

Fact Two: You are a much harsher judge of your own voice than the rest of the world.

Fact Three: You need to practice the sheet out of a cadence and get some speech training in if you want to do speaking gigs regardless.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

don't do it

just don't

and then they're actually right and you realize this so you hold it together long enough to make them leave but afterwards fall into a huge existential crisis

• Options

don't do it

just don't

Elldren wrote angrily from a throne of old newspapers and empty cereal boxes

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    Also I just stumbled into the meat thread in H/A and all I want now is a big Katz Deli sandwich.

Right the fuck now.

In my belly.

All of it.
    reuben.jpg

I could also hop on a train for an hour and walk 10 minutes and get some.

But I reaaaaallly shouldn't.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

don't do it

just don't

I wish I did that...

I don't

I do not recommend striking your parents in general terms

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

unreal.jpg

ffvii blew my mind when I summoned bahamut for the first time

...memory is totally a dick

• Options
    Basically yeah I get that DK, but unfortunately this was partially something else going on, not just half finished old art projects.

Honestly the whole thing kinda worries me, since he's been acting distant in general but whatevs

• Options

don't do it

just don't

Elldren wrote angrily from a throne of old newspapers and empty cereal boxes

I need to be able to make the decision myself

I can forgive myself

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

Fact One: Your voice bounces around and resonates in your head/sinuses and sounds wildly different to you than it does to the rest of the world. This is fact.

Fact Two: You are a much harsher judge of your own voice than the rest of the world.

Fact Three: You need to practice the sheet out of a cadence and get some speech training in if you want to do speaking gigs regardless.

I just wanted to talk about soccer why does talking about soccer have to have all these other things about it

• Options

don't do it

just don't

I wish I did that...

I don't

I do not recommend striking your parents in general terms

Yeah.

I understand that, which is why I never punched them.

Without going into details, I really wish I did, though....

• Options

I just wanted to talk about soccer why does talking about soccer have to have all these other things about it

Most successful podcasters and radio folks have "voices" that they affect purely for the radio/podcast. these voices are designed to be distinct, pleasing and easy to understand.

If you want to talk about soccer, do so in a recording, listen to it back, figure out where you were flat, record again, see if you improved, and start honing your voice.

This takes TIME.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    P10 wrote: »

Right the fuck now.

In my belly.

All of it.
    reuben.jpg

I could also hop on a train for an hour and walk 10 minutes and get some.

But I reaaaaallly shouldn't.
    I'd assume that's the cheaper method if you are really fiending.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Also, my dad is in his 70s. It would be super fucked up for me to physically assault him...

• Options

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6705693/unreal.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kueCCffiBkY

by comparison, looking at MLB 14 The Show on PS4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0nuXlUoB0

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Also, my dad is in his 70s. It would be super fucked up for me to physically assault him...

Not that I want to!

Just saying...

• Options

Most successful podcasters and radio folks have "voices" that they affect purely for the radio/podcast. these voices are designed to be distinct, pleasing and easy to understand.

If you want to talk about soccer, do so in a recording, listen to it back, figure out where you were flat, record again, see if you improved, and start honing your voice.

This takes TIME.

yeah

my uncle does soccer play by play and he spent YEARS developing his voice

though now he uses it basically all the time

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Basically yeah I get that DK, but unfortunately this was partially something else going on, not just half finished old art projects.

Honestly the whole thing kinda worries me, since he's been acting distant in general but whatevs

Yeah, sounds like a not great situation.

I just think of how mad I got at my parents when they threw out some boxes of my stuff about a year after I moved out. I was mad but there really just was junk in there, stuff I wasn't realistically gonna pick up again. I eventually realized they were right when they said "well you hadn't talked about it in a year and when you were living home, you weren't using it then either".

Sounds like this is different but my experience is that someone tossing a box of your stuff isn't always bad and sometimes something you need to have happen.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Nah. Just kidding. Rehr and stuffm

Neco on
This discussion has been closed.