Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

[chat]over

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    wow dude, that sucks.

Hope the rest of your evening goes much much smoother.

Focus on those awesome photos you posted earlier, dude.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    how have you done this giuseppe

poo
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Hello folks,

As soon as I started my shift tonight I had a guy come in and totally ruin my night

*sigh*

now I cant stop my hands from shaking.

uhhh, can you share?

He didnt have valid funds on his credit card and unfortunately we require it, no cash deposits.

He says he was drunk but he didn't seem or smell it, then tried to say if he gets caught by the cops I'm liable.

I'm not, I didnt serve him and I never said he had to drive I've talked to the police about this before to cover my butt for situations like this.

But he continued to be incredibly aggressive and confrontational, attempted to call our corporate number to cause a ruckus but it didn't work he says. Then continued to threaten to make my job difficult.

After more pointless back and forth when he asked what can he do I said he can take a taxi somewhere and leave his car here till morning wasnt good enough for him.

I lost my cool and calmly said well you were ok to drive here, he then said no he wasnt. Said that wasnt my choice he told me not to continune that sentence and "THAT WAS a threat!"

On his way out he said "I hope someone fucks you over like you have fucked me"

You are way more tolerant than other people I've known who've worked a front desk.

As soon as "THAT WAS a threat" left his lips the cops would have been called.

Fuck that guy for making you put up with his bullshit but good on you for standing up to it.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    640px-Giuseppe.png

poo
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    broar try not to let that bother you. If that gentleman's concern was "I am too drunk to drive" than an offer to safely and for free store his car while he manages a subsequent ride home was a very nice gesture on your part to remedy his situation given the limitations your job provided.

If he refuses that because it is "not good enough" then his adult decisions are his own.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hello folks,

As soon as I started my shift tonight I had a guy come in and totally ruin my night

*sigh*

now I cant stop my hands from shaking.

uhhh, can you share?

He didnt have valid funds on his credit card and unfortunately we require it, no cash deposits.

He says he was drunk but he didn't seem or smell it, then tried to say if he gets caught by the cops I'm liable.

I'm not, I didnt serve him and I never said he had to drive I've talked to the police about this before to cover my butt for situations like this.

But he continued to be incredibly aggressive and confrontational, attempted to call our corporate number to cause a ruckus but it didn't work he says. Then continued to threaten to make my job difficult.

After more pointless back and forth when he asked what can he do I said he can take a taxi somewhere and leave his car here till morning wasnt good enough for him.

I lost my cool and calmly said well you were ok to drive here, he then said no he wasnt. Said that wasnt my choice he told me not to continune that sentence and "THAT WAS a threat!"

On his way out he said "I hope someone fucks you over like you have fucked me"

That totally sucks. But if it's any consolation, you are completely in the right. You're not responsible for what he put in his body or what he does with his car.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm just confused on what he wanted that badly.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    On far less serious matters, The ratio of eggs I've cracked to eggs I've exploded is holding at roughly 1:5. I'm rubbish at this. At least I got most of it into the bowl.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Mortious wrote: »

To stay, he was too drunk to drive and was afraid of getting pulled over for DUI

To worried about being to drunk to drive away from the hotel but not worried enough that he drove away from whereever he was drinking

bloodyroarxx on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    On far less serious matters, The ratio of eggs I've cracked to eggs I've exploded is holding at roughly 1:5. I'm rubbish at this. At least I got most of it into the bowl.

idk what you are doing

but crack eggs on a flat surface not an edge hth

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

To stay, he was too drunk to drive and was afraid of getting pulled over for DUI

To worried about being to drunk to drive away from the hotel but not worried enough that he drove away from whereever he was drinking

I phrased that badly. Rather why he wanted it that badly. The taxi solution seemed perfectly reasonable.

Though now that I think about it, people aren't always reasonable.

Move to New Zealand
    edited July 2014

idk what you are doing

I put a dent in it with a fork or a spoon until there are cracks along 50% of the circumference, then try to gently apply pressure to pry the two parts of the shell apart. 5/6ths of the time the shell just caves in entirely, and my hands get yolky.

RMS Oceanic on
    At least this is yummy!

idk what you are doing

I put a dent in it with a fork or a spoon until there are cracks along 50% of the circumference, then try to gently apply pressure to pry the two parts of the shell apart. 5/6ths of the time the shell just caves in entirely, and my hands get yolky.

You are being too gentle.

It took me the longest time to crack eggs effectively but I found that 99% of the time that I fuck it up and it gets messy is because I'm worried about cracking the egg too hard for some reason.

Even if you crack through into the egg, one clean crack will usually not produce any egg shell.

Take this bull by the horns. Destroy the eggs of a lesser being.

edited July 2014

tap it lightly on edge of bowl until you get it cracked then open it over the bowl with your fingers. If you get it cracked a little but not enough that you can easily finish the job with your fingers rotate the egg a little and tap it lightly some more to increase the crack size but again lightly enough that the shell isn't crumbling

if you're tapping it hard enough that the shell actually crumbles and whites are coming out you're out of control and must turn in your egg-badge and egg-gun

*edit*
    Also what skippy said. You don't want a sharp edge to crack it against, but most bowls are going to have a rounded enough edge that you should be ok with a light touch

HappylilElf on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

idk what you are doing

RMS

wut r u doin

I am eating eggs right now and let me tell you I cracked them into a rocks glass and it worked like a dream.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    I just did a soundcheck with my new microphone and I thought I sounded like Dick Clark and my voice actually sounds like I'm a character from Jersey Shore and aaaaaaaack why does my voice have to sound so wiseguyish.

Fact One: Your voice bounces around and resonates in your head/sinuses and sounds wildly different to you than it does to the rest of the world. This is fact.

Fact Two: You are a much harsher judge of your own voice than the rest of the world.

Fact Three: You need to practice the sheet out of a cadence and get some speech training in if you want to do speaking gigs regardless.

I just wanted to talk about soccer why does talking about soccer have to have all these other things about it

Most successful podcasters and radio folks have "voices" that they affect purely for the radio/podcast. these voices are designed to be distinct, pleasing and easy to understand.

If you want to talk about soccer, do so in a recording, listen to it back, figure out where you were flat, record again, see if you improved, and start honing your voice.

This takes TIME.

Unless you're me and then you just have an awesome voice automatically and people tell you on an annoyingly frequent basis that you should be in radio

(not really, doing phone CS for the better part of a decade tends to hone your voice a bit and I legit don't think I could even access that tone intentionally it's just a reflex at this point)

I have a presentation voice I shift into. It's calm, patient, and confident.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    RMS

wtf

you hold the egg in your hand and sharply rap it against the edge of the bowl, not too hard, just enough to break the surface, then you press inward with your fingers while pulling it apart over the bowl with both hands

usually a bit of collateral egg white gets out but that's the game you play

RMS coaxing the egg out of a shell.

tap tap tap.

Come on out little egg Imma fry you.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    you know what shit was hard to do

crackin eggs perfectly in Cooking Mama

fuck you wiimote

Thomamelas wrote: »
    I just did a soundcheck with my new microphone and I thought I sounded like Dick Clark and my voice actually sounds like I'm a character from Jersey Shore and aaaaaaaack why does my voice have to sound so wiseguyish.

Fact One: Your voice bounces around and resonates in your head/sinuses and sounds wildly different to you than it does to the rest of the world. This is fact.

Fact Two: You are a much harsher judge of your own voice than the rest of the world.

Fact Three: You need to practice the sheet out of a cadence and get some speech training in if you want to do speaking gigs regardless.

I just wanted to talk about soccer why does talking about soccer have to have all these other things about it

Most successful podcasters and radio folks have "voices" that they affect purely for the radio/podcast. these voices are designed to be distinct, pleasing and easy to understand.

If you want to talk about soccer, do so in a recording, listen to it back, figure out where you were flat, record again, see if you improved, and start honing your voice.

This takes TIME.

Unless you're me and then you just have an awesome voice automatically and people tell you on an annoyingly frequent basis that you should be in radio

(not really, doing phone CS for the better part of a decade tends to hone your voice a bit and I legit don't think I could even access that tone intentionally it's just a reflex at this point)

Yeah this is pretty much what I do but a little more energetic depending on what kind of feeking I'm getting back from the person I'm talking to. Apparently it comes across as radio DJ/voiceoverish on occasion. Not really very similar to how I usually come across though I don't think. It really is just a thing I do unconsciously when in "helping a person mode" while at work.

I hate hearing my voice in recordings because when I realize this is what my voice sounds like to other people I am constantly baffled at how I still have friends.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @Syndalis also thank you for the kind words about the engagement photos.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Elldren, you leveled up my last game and now have wrestle.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Elldren, you leveled up my last game and now have wrestle.

@Elldren

I hate hearing my voice in recordings because when I realize this is what my voice sounds like to other people I am constantly baffled at how I still have friends.

I'm the same way

Like occasionally at work we have to listen to a call with our managers as performance review and the entire time I'm actively trying not to squirm in my seat out of sheer awkwardness.

And it's always like "You did a really nice job on this call excellent use of tone to convey blah blah blah" and I smile and I nod and I thank my manager while in my head I am screaming "OH MY GOD KILL ME NOW"

RMS

wtf

you hold the egg in your hand and sharply rap it against the edge of the bowl, not too hard, just enough to break the surface, then you press inward with your fingers while pulling it apart over the bowl with both hands

I'm just afraid of

gluekit_pic4_small.jpg?w=720

But I know I need to up my game if I want to get to the next level.

The next level being "eating eggs on a regular basis".

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Tonight's game is a rematch between the Orcadia Nerdcrushaz and The Earworms!

The first half goes by rather slowly as Geektossa flubs a kick-off yet again and Tom's Diabetes takes the ball! Tom's Diabetes makes his way through the pitch as the two sides crash against each other, and before long Gamebreaka is taken off the pitch due to a serious concussion as the Nurgle team smashes their way through the greenskins! The greenskins manage to gum up the pestigor's attempts to get the ball to the endzone, but before long Varag Lockerstuffa is knocked out. The greenskins do their best to give the Nurgle team some lumps, but the best they manage is to keep Tom's Diabetes from scoring for a while before another black orc, Varak Trilbysnatcha, is taken off the pitch due to an injury!

Tom's Diabetes gets an opening and makes his way toward the endzone for a touchdown, but not before Libraryshouta gets a good hit in on Baritosis Girl, badly injuring the rotter. The Earworms kick off to the greenskins, but it's more of a formality than anything as only seconds remain before halftime. Still, the orcs line up and work off some aggression, knocking half the Nurgle team down. No injuries, but the Nerdcrushaz can't help but feel a little good about knocking a few rotters down, at least.

The second half begins with the orcs lining up against the rotters while the blitzers move back to cage the ball handler. Unfortunately as Weedy Boy's called onto the pitch to fill in for one of his orc teammates, in the confusion he's sent to the line of scrimmage! Thankfully with a bit of quick thinking the black orcs make an opening for the little gobbo, knocking Toxic the Beast of Nurgle down! Weedy Boy races down to grab the ball as the blitzers cage him in. The Earworms advance on the gobbo, but Wedgiepulla knocks Tom's Diabetes down, badly hurting him and taking him off the pitch!

The Earworms work to bust the cage up in short order, exposing Weedy Boy quickly. The little gobbo tries to toss the ball over to Wedgiepulla, but he fumbles the ball in a panic and gets knocked over by We Are The Chancroid! The rotters continue to advance over the greenskins, and Animekilla is given a serious concussion by an Earworm player in the chaos. Malaria Number 5 takes up the ball and runs it to the endzone, scoring another touchdown for the Earworms!

The Earworms kick off, the ball soaring high and Weedy Boy scrambling under to catch it! He fumbles the ball, but Libraryshouta and Wedgiepulla immediately move to give him a little support as he scoops it up and moves on. As the three move up the pitch, It's A SARS World After All gives a good smack to Spectaclesnappa, knocking him out. Parovirus Rock Anthem rushes up on Weedy Boy and knocks him over, sending the ball to the ground. Wedgiepulla tries to give the gobbo some room to get up and grab the ball, but Malaria Number 5 has other plans and counters the orc's attempt to punch him, knocking him flat.

Malaria Number 5 takes up the ball and heads for the endzone! Up in the centre of the field, the Earworms clump up on the remaining black orcs, handily keeping them occupied while the pestigor rushes down to the endzone for another touchdown for the Earworms, winning the match 3-0!

@Pony‌

@Aarseth‌ @AresProphet‌ @Cinders‌ @Elldren‌ @evilbob‌ @Kana‌ @kedinik‌ @shalmelo‌ @simonwolf‌ @spool32‌ @visiblehowl‌ @Winky‌

• ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2014
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    gawd everyone gets their feathers ruffled at me

I generally tell people when I see it because the mods will infract giant images something fierce.

I'm just going to start using area-infractions.

Just... just slam the entire page with a serious.

Either people start checking their damned image sizes or we run out of forumers.

Win-win.

this is what happens when social pressure is used as the means to solve a technical problem

I generally avoid posting any images while on a mobile or tablet OS, but out of curiosity have you ever tried to check the size of an image in a webpage on iOS or Android?

Nope, sure haven't.

I bet it's a real bitch.

It is, hence why I don't even try. However iOS and Android are no longer just for phones. Thanks to the increasingly broad array of tablets and wearables it's getting to the point that someone could reasonably only use a web browser from a "mobile" OS. That's not an ignorable niche anymore and the percentage of people like that is increasing.

On tablets it is not trivial to get the file size of an image and in a mobile browser it's actually pretty easy to underestimate how big a non-animated image is in the first place. Mobile browsers these days heavily auto-scale images down to fit. It does not require stupidity or carelessness for someone on a tablet to see an non-animated image that seems reasonable in file size (because their browser is scaling it) and be unable to check its actual size. Even if they are looking at the full size image there is not a linear relationship between pixel area and file size (for example in the JPEG format images with a lot of the color orange compress much less well than others).

The post you were just complaining about, before it was edited out, looked like a quite reasonably sized photo. I would have guessed no more than 200K. As it happened the compression settings were such that it was over 700K. But if I wasn't on a PC (and using my extension, see sig) I would have no reasonable way of knowing that.

I was talking to Icy about this a little while back and the method I used in the image checker extension in my sig should work just as well as a Vanilla plugin. I don't have the time to learn PHP and set up a test server running Vanilla but if this is really such a huge issue maybe someone should look into it.

@RiemannLives‌
    I was only being half facetious when I said it's probably a bitch to check image sizes from a phone. Point is, it doesn't matter how hard it is. It doesn't matter if it is literally impossible to check image size from a phone, because the rule is based on the fact that lots of large images hammer the usability of these forums for a large number of users, and it doesn't hammer it less just because it was hard for you to follow the rule.

There is a very easy way for you to never ever break the rule. It is: don't post images. If you are going to post images without the consideration of checking the file size first, fine - but you run the risk of eating an infraction.

A tech solution is actually on our exceptionally long list of Things We Want. But until then, the rule is there and it is unambiguous and I will shed zero tears for anyone who runs afoul of it.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    RMS

wtf

I'm just afraid of

gluekit_pic4_small.jpg?w=720

But I know I need to up my game if I want to get to the next level.

The next level being "eating eggs on a regular basis".

I feel you dogg.

But eggs are much more resilient than you think they'd be. By tapping the egg on a dish or a glass the worst youre going to do is crack it all the way through.

As long as you dont CRUSH The egg in your hand it is hard to over-crack an egg.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

This takes TIME.

It always takes me about 90 seconds to slip into that voice if I haven't warmed up - I'll talk way too fast until my body finally relaxes and settles into the proper tempo.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I have actually assaulted people who tried to throw away my things

don't do it

just don't

this is a general warning

what if they wrestle it away from you and smugly inform you that you'll be happier once your cupboards are cleaner

That sounds like a time to escalate to murder

Haha god even Geth feels bad for how my orcs turned out that game

Also one of the eggs I exploded seemed to be stuck in the egg box, and when I tried to pull it out, it caved in. Hence reinforcing my fear that I am too swole for weak babby eggs. And I'm not swole!

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    no cracking on edges you noobs

thats how you get shells

AV 9 is paper!

thats how you get shells

tell that to the shell free scrambled eggs I just ate you busta.

thats how you get shells

Shells add texture.

Move to New Zealand
This discussion has been closed.