Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

[chat]over

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    egg shells are edible fyi

i mean don't eat the whole shell but a little chip is nbd hth

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    egg shells are edible fyi

i mean don't eat the whole shell but a little chip is nbd hth

china has changed you

and not for the better

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    people would probably believe me if I said they don't peel their hardboiled eggs in china

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    people would probably believe me if I said they don't peel their hardboiled eggs in china

...yep. I find this within the realms of possibility.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    No, you must break your eggs like a boss

Hold it in a single hand, crack it directly along the middle of the bottom with 2 fingers on each side

Pull it apart with your fingers, drop it right in

Bonus points if you've got one egg in each hand

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    gawd everyone gets their feathers ruffled at me

I generally tell people when I see it because the mods will infract giant images something fierce.

I'm just going to start using area-infractions.

Just... just slam the entire page with a serious.

Either people start checking their damned image sizes or we run out of forumers.

Win-win.

this is what happens when social pressure is used as the means to solve a technical problem

I generally avoid posting any images while on a mobile or tablet OS, but out of curiosity have you ever tried to check the size of an image in a webpage on iOS or Android?

Nope, sure haven't.

I bet it's a real bitch.

It is, hence why I don't even try. However iOS and Android are no longer just for phones. Thanks to the increasingly broad array of tablets and wearables it's getting to the point that someone could reasonably only use a web browser from a "mobile" OS. That's not an ignorable niche anymore and the percentage of people like that is increasing.

On tablets it is not trivial to get the file size of an image and in a mobile browser it's actually pretty easy to underestimate how big a non-animated image is in the first place. Mobile browsers these days heavily auto-scale images down to fit. It does not require stupidity or carelessness for someone on a tablet to see an non-animated image that seems reasonable in file size (because their browser is scaling it) and be unable to check its actual size. Even if they are looking at the full size image there is not a linear relationship between pixel area and file size (for example in the JPEG format images with a lot of the color orange compress much less well than others).

The post you were just complaining about, before it was edited out, looked like a quite reasonably sized photo. I would have guessed no more than 200K. As it happened the compression settings were such that it was over 700K. But if I wasn't on a PC (and using my extension, see sig) I would have no reasonable way of knowing that.

I was talking to Icy about this a little while back and the method I used in the image checker extension in my sig should work just as well as a Vanilla plugin. I don't have the time to learn PHP and set up a test server running Vanilla but if this is really such a huge issue maybe someone should look into it.

RiemannLives‌
    I was only being half facetious when I said it's probably a bitch to check image sizes from a phone. Point is, it doesn't matter how hard it is. It doesn't matter if it is literally impossible to check image size from a phone, because the rule is based on the fact that lots of large images hammer the usability of these forums for a large number of users, and it doesn't hammer it less just because it was hard for you to follow the rule.

There is a very easy way for you to never ever break the rule. It is: don't post images. If you are going to post images without the consideration of checking the file size first, fine - but you run the risk of eating an infraction.

A tech solution is actually on our exceptionally long list of Things We Want. But until then, the rule is there and it is unambiguous and I will shed zero tears for anyone who runs afoul of it.

Not even one tear? :(

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    @simonwolf‌ AND NOW MY STAR PLAYER HAS RETURNED. WE CAN FINALLY PLAY OUR GAME.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I found out today Kiddoroar is too afraid to the new TMNT designs to see the movie, he was excited about new Ninja Turtles until he seen the faces.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Often I crack eggs right into the trash, put the shells into a bowl and then eat those alone instead.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I found out today Kiddoroar is too afraid to the new TMNT designs to see the movie, he was excited about new Ninja Turtles until he seen the faces.

This is the saddest thing.

if you put an egg in the center of your hand and apply the pressure evenly without digging your fingertips in

you can squeeze as hard as you can and the egg won't break

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    No, you must break your eggs like a boss

Hold it in a single hand, crack it directly along the middle of the bottom with 2 fingers on each side

Pull it apart with your fingers, drop it right in

Bonus points if you've got one egg in each hand

I'm not visualizing this right I don't think

Two fingers on either side, not middle and index at front, thumb at back?

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

Au contraire
    Winky wrote: »
    Often I crack eggs right into the trash, put the shells into a bowl and then eat those alone instead.
    This is the saddest thing

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    @rear admiral choco 3-0? I even softened them up for you! :(

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    if you put an egg in the center of your hand and apply the pressure evenly without digging your fingertips in

skippy trolling hard

skippy trolling hard

it's the truth

evilbob wrote: »

I know! They really wiped the floor with my orcs in the first half, unfortunately

I had four injuries by the time the game was done

Two serious concussions (a permanent loss of 1 AV for the affected players) and two niggling injuries

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I've got my flight tomorrow and then I'll be in Chicago and everything will suddenly be different.

I am so excited I can't even, guys.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    The answer is to hire a man to come to your home and make you an omelet.

Yeah, it sucks I would of taken him if he was interested even if I'm not.

And tbh I think he's a little young for GotG

Cinders wrote: »

oh god this is so unpleasant to watch

evilbob wrote: »

I know! They really wiped the floor with my orcs in the first half, unfortunately

I had four injuries by the time the game was done

Two serious concussions (a permanent loss of 1 AV for the affected players) and two niggling injuries

Aw, I thought those two niggles were miss next game. :(

Dang.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I wanna see gotg, but I hate going to regular movie theaters and there are no draft houses round here.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I never get shells. I've been cracking eggs like a pro since I was 6. Used to make aunt jemima coffee cake with my mom all the time. She let me crack the eggs and squeeze the bag.

Momma Deebs is pretty awesome

• stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    protip: do not eat lentils after 10 days even if you are hungry because they make your stomach feel shitty.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I have found the sport!

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Guys

Symphony of the Night is pretty good

simonwolf wrote: »
    Guys

PLAY ME

Before you go to Japan!

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    v5drRv3.jpg?1?3767

Pfft.

Stringer is still tied for the lead despite playing six fewer games.

Toxic pls

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    shalmelo wrote: »
    v5drRv3.jpg?1?3767

Pfft.

Toxic pls

Elldren has killed one mummy already. She can kill another!

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I'm available for blood bowl today if anyone wants a game. TV is 1350 currently.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

simonwolf wrote: »
    Guys

How far are you?

ugh this Coke is flat

euuuuuuuuuugh

Off topic but I've been watching 2 anime's this season and the mech's in them have had the most satisfying sounds for their guns.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    v5drRv3.jpg?1?3767

Pfft.

Toxic pls

Stringer has got to get got.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
This discussion has been closed.