As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the Endless Legend Thread and it Always Has Been

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    I'm curious as to what difficulty you guys are on? I started out on Vostok and then worked my way up after each victory.

So far I've completed a Contact, Transcendence, and Exodus victories. The AI seems a bit underperfoming relative to CIV5, so I think I could comfortably play Apollo, and still eke out some timely victories.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I've started to need to git gud at Gemini.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    I want an option where you can use either the baked-in characters for the sponsors, or joke ones closer to the other civ games.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I want to play as Space-Lincoln, slowly upgrading myself with bionics.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I noticed that the diplomacy models change when the AI goes further into different affinities. Well played CivBE, well played.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Seeing as this is a Civ thread, I feel like I can post this and ask if anyone's heard about this already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqvzxyfIz4s

I usually keep an ear out for MMO news so I'm surprised I didn't hear anything about this.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2014
    That's because I think it's mostly aimed at the Asian markets. It's coming out in Korea first. I'm interested in it because it sounds like A Tale in the Desert with a big name attached, but I'm not holding my breath.

A duck! on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I doubt it'll stay there though. Especially with 2K backing it.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    It turns out the AI really does not like you purchasing tiles that box their capital city in.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Know what else I hope hits soon in an expac/patch? Some sort of Great Person system! ( Let me bomb your borders and make them mine! That's MY iron now!)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    OH MAN HOW ABOUT THIS ENDLESS LEGEND GAME, EH?

I WAS PLAYING BEYOND EARTH BUT THAT GAME IS BORING AND NOT FINISHED, WHICH IS WHY I MADE A THREAD ABOUT ENDLESS LEGEND, WHICH IS NOT BORING AND TOTALLY AMAZING.

YOU SHOULD ALL CHECK IT OUT AND WE CAN PLAY MULTIPLAYER

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I play this game.

Just beat it on normal today. I did a militray victory (whatever it's called) I wasn't aiming for one but at some point in the game I noticed my army could curb stomp anyone else.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

I WAS PLAYING BEYOND EARTH BUT THAT GAME IS BORING AND NOT FINISHED, WHICH IS WHY I MADE A THREAD ABOUT ENDLESS LEGEND, WHICH IS NOT BORING AND TOTALLY AMAZING.

It's kind of scary how far down you can get on the first page and have the OP/title still make sense

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yeah Endless Legend is totally on my wishlist now.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I am interested in picking up Endless Legend way more than Beyond Earth. Some the of the factions in that game seem pretty crazy.

Gundi on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    How is the multiplayer? I wanna buy it but I don't know of anyone thats played it to give feedback.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Remind me. We're still at war with Eastasia, right?

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    The default diplomatic setting for other factions in this game is called "Cold War".

• Options
    Oh hey there's a thread for this. Neat.

We should get a multiplayer game going some time.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Remind me. We're still at war with Oceania, right?

We've always been at war with Eastasia

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    monsterror wrote: »
    Oh hey there's a thread for this. Neat.

We should get a multiplayer game going some time.

I am SO down

• Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    I am also very down

...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Whoops I accidentally bought this game.

broken image link
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of tempted to buy Endless Legend instead of bothering to save the world from warmongering 1940s Carthage

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Whoops I accidentally bought this game.

e1c3bc5291dcbab3b8d3cd84fac3c89b.jpg

• Options
    Endless Legend is okay, but for the life of me I cannot get units to actually do what I fucking want them to do in battles. It would also help if there was a button I could hit that could reveal elevations and blocked paths, because sometimes I end up in a city that spills over a cliff and then I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Getting units to do what you want is all about initiative. If the conditions change making your order impossible they will go for what the next best option is according to their pre-set behavior (offensive, defensive, or hold position). If your units have the initiative and you aren't over-killing the enemy, they will do exactly as you say.

TheStig on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    There absolutely needs to be a better way to highlight elevation differences though

The map visuals are so busy it is impossible to easily see the the little cliff design unless you zoom way the hell in, and even then you may not see it if they're on the north half of a hex

Speaking of, is there a way to turn down the visual clutter at all? It looks pretty and stuff but I can't easily tell what anything is most of the time without zooming out until the zones lose detail and become just colored in hexes

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    Getting units to do what you want is all about initiative. If the conditions change making your order impossible they will go for what the next best option is according to their pre-set behavior (offensive, defensive, or hold position). If your units have the initiative and you aren't over-killing the enemy, they will do exactly as you say.

One of the issues I get is that if I have a ranged unit set to stationary/defensive but select a dude to attack they won't select a second unit in range if the first one dies. Also, them selecting the "next best option" leads to some fucking stupid decisions regarding movement and placement.

• Options
    Hmm yeah, they do make dumb decisions, and I'm not sure why your dudes aren't selecting a new target in range. I've had them retarget while on hold-position.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    no

oh no

i have work tomorrow

broken image link
  • Options
    A steak! wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »

One of the issues I get is that if I have a ranged unit set to stationary/defensive but select a dude to attack they won't select a second unit in range if the first one dies. Also, them selecting the "next best option" leads to some fucking stupid decisions regarding movement and placement.

"Hold Position" is your friend. I haven't yet figured out how it decides on offensive/defensive, but "Hold Position" makes life a lot easier if you want to just plunk down a couple of archers on a ridgeline and let them pick off whomever comes into range.

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    I bought Endless Legend last week, coming off of 200+ hours with Civ V and being somewhat disappointed with BE. I really like it, but I need to get used to the differences between that and Civ, because I keep trying to play like I'd play Civ V, and I lose fairly quickly.

How is Endless Space? Is it similar?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    It's not as good, but still pretty good; the combat isn't as sharp, but it's still nice of you want some strategic 4x in space

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I'm not really sure you'll be super happy with Endless Space if you're coming off fresh from Endless Legend. That Space is a point-to-point web map of planetary systems and influence spheres is a thing makes it a very different game in my mind.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Yeah the point to point map makes exploring way less fun to me, and that is like my favorite X of 4X games

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Yeah, I started off with Space, and loved it. Then Captain K kept going on about Legend in the Steam thread, so I bought it, and I'm not looking back.

Legend is a lot more fun than Space.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Yeah the point to point map makes exploring way less fun to me, and that is like my favorite X of 4X games

Interesting; my favorite X is "exploiting".

Still not sure why we're not saying "4E", though.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

this is extra funny to me since endless legend is one of the biggest early access success stories I know of

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Interesting; my favorite X is "exploiting".

Still not sure why we're not saying "4E", though.

I like to read it as 4eX

2x39jD4.jpg