As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Winter is Over.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    The Talos Principle refuses to install. I get a Steam Servers are Busy Error. What gives?

Dunno if your still having this problem, but I've noticed it happens when Steam can't access the local copies of a games files to install or update them (usually due to windows getting confused). Try rebooting your PC.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Two days of encores? That's.....anticlimatic.

• Options
    WHELP

*opens up the wishlist and adds everything with a discount which is under 5 bucks*

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Alright, no new deals and I'm out of money so I won't be going up to level 3 on this. If you need Blase, Clementine, or Itsy to complete your level 1 Holiday 2014 badge send me a trade request and you can have it/them.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    An encore sale on Garry's mod seems like the weirdest thing

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    At least unlike some past sales it is very clear for people when it is going to end.

Also woo. Sale is almost over.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    So any standout hidden gems on the general sale?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    WHY DO I FEEL GUILTY FOR NOT MAKING ANY PURCHASES THIS SALE.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    WHELP

*opens up the wishlist and adds everything with a discount which is under 5 bucks*

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh. I saw their 2 day encore of stuff above my impulse buy threshold and thought, "I guess I can go and add shit to my cart until it hits about 30 bucks . . ." :confused:

I feel kind of silly being disappointed though.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Well I grabbed Infinity Runner and that should do me for the sale, I think. And it looks like I'm 4 cards shy of the 2nd level badge so I'll just give up on that. If anyone wants any of the following, add me on Steam and send me a trade request with nothing in return:

Blase (x2)
    Clementine
    Itsy
    Monte
    Sliver
    Sparkles

EDIT: Updating as they disappear.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm just going to throw it out there in case anyone has a couple extra cards.
    I need (2)Clementine, (4)Monte, (5)Rhombus, (6)Sage, and (9)Tender to complete my second card.
    All I've got extra now is one (8)Sparkles for anyone who needs it.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Encores already? Lame. Oh well. Good sale everyone! Empty those wishlists.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    AVP2010 and Colonial Marines are being delisted or have been already

So snap em up if you have brain problems

AVP2010 is alright, I guess

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I think my wishlist is at four now from this sale + gifts.

It's probably going to stay that way for a good while.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Well then. That's Uneventful. Gettysburg being the last word of the community is a sin though

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm going to be out most of the afternoon but should be able to accept trades. If anyone needs Clementine (x2), Itsy (x2), Monte, Sage, Sliver, Sparkles (x2), or Zippy (x3) just bounce me a trade request with nothing in return and they're yours.

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    So much temptation I resisted the first time around.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Ohmygoodness! The Civil War game won the vote? Woooo! I might actually buy something for myself this sale yet!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    *SIGH* Another sale, another time I missed out on the Broken Age Daily Deal.

One day Tim....one day.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    So yesterday FFVII was on the frontpage for daily. This morning FFXIII took it's place. Gee, I wonder why . . . :razz:

W...why?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    @Orivon‌ is a dick and just bombed me with titans quest gold because I lost my copy with direct2drive went under.

You terrible, wonderful man

• Options
    akajaybay wrote: »
    So any standout hidden gems on the general sale?

Faerie Solitaire is 50 cents
    All BIT.TRIP games are a buck, and the bundle with all of them and soundtracks is 5 bucks
    Spacechem is a buck

EYE Divine Cybermancy is a buck
    Zeno Clash is a buck
    Contraption Maker is a buck 50.
    EDGE is 80 cents
    RUSH is 50 cents
    The Trine games are around 2.50 each, I believe
    The Bridge is under 2 bucks if you like Escher paintings.
    CHIP is 1.40 and fun if you can get past the art style
    Rock of Ages is 2 bucks
    La Mulana is 3 bucks
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is 3 bucks (I think it was cheaper as a daily, but still)
    Penny Arcade games are all a buck, I think
    Cloudbuilt is 4 bucks
    Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet is 3 bucks
    Shatter is 2 bucks

That's everything which I've played and would recommend from the 80% off+ range, I think. Feel free to ask about any of them. I've bolded the ones which are especially good deals (read: under a buck for something I had a lot of fun with, or just a great game at a great price). All of them are worth those prices, I'd say, though.

Oh, and The Hexcells Complete Pack is 60% off and I'm going to have to cut some folks if everyone doesn't buy this. $3.59 for the game which is probably going to be in the top 5 of my GOTY list, plus two other games (one of which is basically just as good).

• Options
    So yesterday FFVII was on the frontpage for daily. This morning FFXIII took it's place. Gee, I wonder why . . . :razz:

W...why?

13 is (A) newer and (B) more expensive by, like, 2 bucks. Squeenix, I think, has finally figured out that people who want to buy FFVII yet again will be constantly monitoring the price. :wink:

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Two more days for bad financial decisions. Awesome!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Hey I usually just buy and sell steam sale cards but maybe I should try to be social?

I need:
    1 (Blase)
    3 (Itsy)
    4 (Monte)
    5 (Rhombus)

I have extras of:
    6 (Sage)
    7 (Sliver)
    8 (Sparkles)

Please be my friend and trade with me! And maybe teach me how to trade because I've never done that before!

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm going to be out most of the afternoon but should be able to accept trades. If anyone needs Clementine (x2), Itsy (x2), Monte, Sage, Sliver, Sparkles (x2), or Zippy (x3) just bounce me a trade request with nothing in return and they're yours.

OK. :)

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options

W...why?

13 is (A) newer and (B) more expensive by, like, 2 bucks. Squeenix, I think, has finally figured out that people who want to buy FFVII yet again will be constantly monitoring the price. :wink:

They actually made that change midday yesterday, I think. Probably has more to do with sell-through rates of the games relative to one another, and people not realizing that they're franchise sales instead of individual ones.

• Options
    Seriously, there is no excuse now to not own FF8, objectively the best final fantasy ever.

Fact.
    I mean, it does have that mini game about saving the world or something..but fuck dot dat theres triple triad to play

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Snapped up Dungeon since Endless Legend has been so fun, and I think I'm good for this sale.

Got both of those and Dragonfall for myself and sent Trails in the Sky and Hatoful Boyfriend as gifts. Got the Double Fine pack as a thank you. Not a bad little sale, all told.

• Options
    Steam probably should make it more clear somehow that other games in a franchise are on sale. There are surprisingly many people who don't notice it when something like Assassin's Creed Unity is on sale it also probably means that the older games are on sale.

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Seriously, there is no excuse now to not own FF8, objectively the best final fantasy ever.

Fact.
    I mean, it does have that mini game about saving the world or something..but fuck dot dat theres triple triad to play

I never liked Triple Triad.
    I wasn't so hot on that saving the world minigame either. :wink:

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So I need a 2 and a 9, I have two 3s, one 6, two 7s and three 8s.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    <Snip>

Oh, and The Hexcells Complete Pack is 60% off and I'm going to have to cut some folks if everyone doesn't buy this. $3.59 for the game which is probably going to be in the top 5 of my GOTY list, plus two other games (one of which is basically just as good).

Fine Jragghen, you win. I just wish I could get Steam to work at work. This sounds like a perfect break game.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    <Snip>

Fine Jragghen, you win. I just wish I could get Steam to work at work. This sounds like a perfect break game.

It really would be. If Steam, somehow, let me log in and play web versions of my simpler games (like, say, those that already have web versions!) I'd be in heaven on my lunch breaks.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Does anyone have Blase Itsy, Rhombus, Silver, Sparkles, or Zippy they are wiling to part with?

I still haven't crafted the badge and forgot the disappear soon.

Also, hear is a giveaway for an unappreciated game from last year.
    signature.png
    Speedrun thorough the clouds and feels while you blast the baddies to help the sick girl!

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Payday 2 GOTY seems to be cheaper compared to when it was a daily deal. 75% off rather than the 60% (?) it was before. Probably a small price bug.

Seems they changed the price.

Isorn on
  • Options
    Hexcells looks too much like Minesweeper, which I suck at so hard. Puzzles are more her thing (though I do enjoy a good puzzle now and then); I prefer things I can hack and slash in RPG or spectacle style until dead. :wink:

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Okay, two things.

1) Is Alien: Isolation worth the $27.49 that it's on for right now?

and

b) Did the G&T chat really just empty right the fuck out while my network shat the bed? There's only Dudeman and I on there now.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Okay, two things.

1) Is Alien: Isolation worth the $27.49 that it's on for right now?

and

b) Did the G&T chat really just empty right the fuck out while my network shat the bed? There's only Dudeman and I on there now.

b) Chat tends to break randomly at times. Sadly been happening a lot more lately. If people don't talk for a while you can usually assume it broke.

• Options
    Hexcells looks too much like Minesweeper, which I suck at so hard. Puzzles are more her thing (though I do enjoy a good puzzle now and then); I prefer things I can hack and slash in RPG or spectacle style until dead. :wink:

If she enjoys Minesweeper, she'll love Hexcells because it's never necessary to guess. They're pre-made levels, and at every stage there is always a valid move to make based off pure logic.

This discussion has been closed.