As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Metal Gear] Solid V comes out September 1st

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    -Tal wrote: »
    mgs4 wasnt so bad...

gameplay-wise it was really, really good

it's probably the MGS game that I had the most fun with, except possibly Revengeance

but the writing and pacing were both just absolute trash

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    also i think the sundowner fight is basically the boss fight that most shows that mgr:r had a rocky development and not quite as much time to bake as it needed

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 2 (The Correct Answer)

so bummed they're not doing this live

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    but you know what is live? MY STREAM

31zP7YV.png

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    I'm glad I tuned in fast enough to hear Speed sing Snake Eater

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I'm glad I tuned in fast enough to be banned from Twitch chat

signature.png

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    I don't watch this stream enough.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Speed is geeking out about Yu-gi-oh in the stream right now. Good time to tune in.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    mgs4 was my first metal gear I watched a friend play through the whole of it one night without understanding what the fuck was going on and I feel like that has colored my perception of metal gear as a whole for the better

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    The random stream-of-consciousness in Speedy's stream is like the worst hit of acid I've ever had.

edit: For real, it was 1997, we couldn't get good shit, it was kinda bland.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Portable Ops (hahaha yeah right)
    The random stream-of-consciousness in Speedy's stream is like the worst hit of acid I've ever had.

last night john ham did say that we might've drugged him with acid

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Having picked up ground zeros the first thing that hits me early on is how much better the controls are.

Like the game actually feels good to play as opposed to 4 which felt like I had to fight with the controls to do basic tasks like moving and aiming. The controls are fine in 3 though. 4 just moved everything around while adding too much to it.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Honestly I am thinking now though...

How much of my problem with 4 was just the dual shock 3?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Honestly I am thinking now though...

How much of my problem with 4 was just the dual shock 3?

Dual shock 3?

• Options
    Yeah on my ps3 system. I also didn't have to change disks because of the storage capacity of the bluray disks.

• Options
    Can't aim for shit on those squishy analog sticks.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    The random stream-of-consciousness in Speedy's stream is like the worst hit of ac!d I've ever had.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wait, can you not do transfarring between the ps3 and the vita for peace walker?

I did it all the time with my psp, am I just overlooking something?

Because man I'd really rather play peace walker on my vita than on my psp.

You can't do it like just as simple as the other games, but you can still move your saves back and forth from the PS3 to the Vita. I haven't looked up the details, but it's probably something like using the Content Manager on Vita and connecting to the PS3 and looking for the save manually or something.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Uriel wrote: »
    Yeah on my ps3 system. I also didn't have to change disks because of the storage capacity of the bluray disks.

Expanded storage capacity, huh?

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Peace Walker
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wait, can you not do transfarring between the ps3 and the vita for peace walker?

I did it all the time with my psp, am I just overlooking something?

Because man I'd really rather play peace walker on my vita than on my psp.

You can't do it like just as simple as the other games, but you can still move your saves back and forth from the PS3 to the Vita. I haven't looked up the details, but it's probably something like using the Content Manager on Vita and connecting to the PS3 and looking for the save manually or something.

Hm I'll have to go figure that out sometime I guess!

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Drew's starting to develop Big Boss-esque facial hair.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I'd photoshop a bandanna on there but I can only assume someone already got to it

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I beat the Pain and the Fear!

of course now I've got one of the hardest legs of the game ahead of me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EbImmOonX4

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Peace Walker
    You're gonna hold him up, right?

Sneaking up on that bastard is one of the most rewarding things in that game.

• Options
    You're gonna hold him up, right?

Sneaking up on that bastard is one of the most rewarding things in that game.

considerind that i have to tranq him, I'm gonna be holding him up a lot

• Options
    i can't do it for this run since it's no-kills

but my favorite way to beat the end is to get a really high camo index, sneak right on top of him, plant a bunch of TNT, sneak away, and detonate it

• Options
    It's hitting me that 3 is gonna take way less time than 2

And now I'm remembering that I beat 1 in like, 2 weeks

• Options
    so what you're saying is 2 is a poorly designed game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Nah it's excellent

It's just that it has much more stringent requirements for its top ranks than any other game

I'm at about the 1 hour mark in 3 and I've saved 7 times

Whereas at the comparable spot in 2 I'd only saved 3 times

Makes a huge difference!

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid
    The tales of the legendary hero big boss have been exaggerated through the la li lu le lo control of the media, creating nearly impossible goals for one to follow in his footprints. But of course, the man rarely lives up to the legend.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    The tales of the legendary hero big boss have been exaggerated through the la li lu le lo control of the media, creating nearly impossible goals for one to follow in his footprints. But of course, the man rarely lives up to the legend.

So, what you're saying is that Raiden, by living up not just to impossible legends, but legends about a man who exceeded the original legends, is in fact the biggest badass of all time?

What does that make Jetstream Sam, then?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Peace Walker
    Jetstream Sam is just Jetstream Sam. He doesn't need to be anything else.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    If Speed wasn't playing MGS3 in the canon Naked Croc Cap Americaface style, he'd probably be even further. Getting all camo'd up makes you almost invisible to the guards most of the time as long as you're not dicking about.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

:0 :0 :0

• Options
    lol yeah right

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Portable Ops (hahaha yeah right)
    Since the poll didn't include ac!d 2, I chose portable ops

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
This discussion has been closed.