As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Venture Bros: RADIANT IS THE BLOOD OF THE BABOON HEART

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »
    Just watched the special...really need to rewatch Season 5.
    I'd completely forgotten Dr. Mrs. The Monarch was on the council. She replaced some robot that died at a night club and might have been the Monarch's father or something, right?

Also, have we seen Billy Quizboy's mother before? I didn't remember her at all.

Speaking of Billy Quizboy, where the hell was Pete White? I don't think he was even mentioned (though you do see him sitting in the crowd in the online-only epilogue, he just wasn't in the episode itself).

We have a few times. She use to be a costumed femm fatale, Action Man was in the same retirment home as her and they rekindled an old...thing they had.

When do we find out she was a femme fatale before this episode? I completely missed that.
    In the Devil's Grip theres a flashback where Brain-u-lo has her and some other mind controlled and fighting Team Venture

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    You know, I kept expecting some kind of payoff for...
    Rusty apparently getting snubbed when it came to reservations/rooms/etc. It didn't seem like something JJ would do intentionally, but I don't remember it being explained or followed-up on.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Rusty apparently getting snubbed when it came to reservations/rooms/etc. It didn't seem like something JJ would do intentionally, but I don't remember it being explained or followed-up on.

I'm thinking it either got cut or JJ really didn't want Rusty to see him in his condition

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    pretty sure the deal with the investors allowed them to put in things that gave the Sovereign access to the shield and the core, though it's never actually stated

Actually
    They were the Sovereigns targets.
    I'd completely forgotten Dr. Mrs. The Monarch was on the council. She replaced some robot that died at a night club and might have been the Monarch's father or something, right?

Speaking of Billy Quizboy, where the hell was Pete White? I don't think he was even mentioned (though you do see him sitting in the crowd in the online-only epilogue, he just wasn't in the episode itself).

We have a few times. She use to be a costumed femm fatale, Action Man was in the same retirment home as her and they rekindled an old...thing they had.

When do we find out she was a femme fatale before this episode? I completely missed that.
    In the Devil's Grip theres a flashback where Brain-u-lo has her and some other mind controlled and fighting Team Venture

Its never directly said but one of the Writers brings it up in the commentary that people were speculating they were the same person and they both laugh about it because they had thought they made it obvious but had accidentally created a mystery.

JJ has often been capable of minor dickery towards Rusty. Nothing Major but this isn't the first time he's pranked him.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    So what are the odds of Season 6 coming out this year? 10 to 1? 50? 100?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    There was??

It was the episode where Gary came back to the Monarchs, The and Dr. Mrs.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

http://teamventure.org/w/images/3//Triple_Threat_and_Jass.png

She was Triple Threat in the old days.

Invisible on
  • Options
    Invisible wrote: »

Triple_Threat_and_Jass.png

She was Triple Threat in the old days.

She sings, she dances, she KILLS.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Broken image for me.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    http://teamventure.org/vbwiki/Rose_Whalen

Because I'm terrible with bbcode or the site isn't letting me hotlink. Probably me just being terrible, but it's on that site.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Investors
    I didn't get the impression they'd actually completed their deal with JJ, seemed like they were still negotiating when Gargantua 2 came under attack, so it never got completed.

The OSI knew JJ was dealing with the investors, so its likely they had already at least were working together somehow.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Just got to rewatching Season 2

I haven't seen 3-5, is there anything to disprove my belief that Orpheus is the best person on the whole show

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Nope

• Options
    Also Brendon Small's voice for Swifty is totally a prototype for his voice for Tiny on Comedy Bang Bang

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Wait, really? I know exactly the scene you're talking about, but that's her?

• Options
    I hate the season 2 finale so much

But only because it's the last episode I have available and it's incredible

"David Bowie" was the only thing I knew about the show before I started watching it

And that aspect totally lives up to the hype once he's revealed

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »

That was the intent yes. Don't feel bad about missing it.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Just got to rewatching Season 2

I haven't seen 3-5, is there anything to disprove my belief that Orpheus is the best person on the whole show

Orpheus is absolutely the best.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Phantom Limb is such a dick

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Okay I shelled out for season 3, I could not go any longer knowing there's so much more to these stories and the universe that I haven't seen

Is it weird that at this point I am significantly more invested in The Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend than I am in any of the Ventures

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Okay I shelled out for season 3, I could not go any longer knowing there's so much more to these stories and the universe that I haven't seen

Is it weird that at this point I am significantly more invested in The Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend than I am in any of the Ventures

Not in the slightest

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Was Baron Ünderbheit ever in the Guild?

Just wondering

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Not in the slightest

Yeah, the Venture Crew kinda wanes in how compelling they are until "Everybody Comes to Hank's" or so

They're still funny and the show's still great, don't get me wrong. They just don't have really juicy material there for a bit.

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    Was Baron Ünderbheit ever in the Guild?

Just wondering

Yes, he and the Monarch went through (and then ignored) a bunch of guild protocol during the third episode of Season 1, "Home Insecurity"

• Options

Not in the slightest

Yeah, the Venture Crew kinda wanes in how compelling they are until "Everybody Comes to Hank's" or so

They're still funny and the show's still great, don't get me wrong. They just don't have really juicy material there for a bit.

Yeah season 4 is likely to turn things around for you but with where you are at it makes sense.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Oh man, season 3 is great.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    For reference, here are the things I know about the rest of the series up to the special from this week that I've learned one way or another over the past couple years:
    Brock ends up leaving the Ventures and is replaced by Sgt. Hatred
    Hank and Dean learn they're clones
    At some point Dean gets a newer, dumber look appropriate for a dumb teenager
    Dr. Girlfriend becomes Dr. Mrs. The Monarch and joins the Council
    Henchman 24 dies
    A number of beloved characters like Orpheus have all but vanished by the 5th season
    David Bowie isn't actually David Bowie, he just likes being Bowie
    JJ dies of cancer, Rusty gets ownership of all the remaining Venture assets

I'm guessing not a lot of this is show-ruining and there's still plenty more I don't know

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure about one of those.

Orphous got episodes devoted to him as late as season 4 and I can think of a few episodes where he shows up in season 5.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Whatever, still awesome.

sarukun on
  • Options

Not in the slightest

Everybody Comes to Hanks might be my favorite episode ever.

• Options

Whatever, still awesome.

I don't mean that sarcastically it was obtuse as hell.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not sure about one of those.

Orphous got episodes devoted to him as late as season 4 and I can think of a few episodes where he shows up in season 5.

It is important that you know that Orpheus actually gets super rad through seasons 3 and 4.

His little speech on Halloween from the Halloween special is fucking beautiful.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

Doc Hammer had a great panel at DragonCon two or three years back where he said the only reason he doesn't make the entire show just Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend is because he needs to physically limit himself doing Dr. Girlfriend's voice. (but to be fair at all his DragonCon panels he's being sarcastic a lot of the time) The best part though was he explicitly said the hardest thing to say as Dr. Girlfriend is the actual word "monarch" and then, of course, Jackson made her name actually become Mrs. The Monarch.

There is still a special place in my heart for Escape to the House of Mummies Part II that cannot be replaced.

Good lord I can't believe that episode is almost ten years old.

I'm An Elk; Shoot Me on
  • Options

Whatever, still awesome.

I don't mean that sarcastically it was obtuse as hell.

Oh, no, I know. I didn't mean to sound like "fuck you" with that, I just still think the whole everything is real awesome.

Now I need to know if the tuxedo mask guy turns out to be anybody.

• Options

Doc Hammer had a great panel at DragonCon two or three years back where he said the only reason he doesn't make the entire show just Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend is because he needs to physically limit himself doing Dr. Girlfriend's voice. (but to be fair at all his DragonCon panels he's being sarcastic a lot of the time) The best part though was he explicitly said the hardest thing to say as Dr. Girlfriend is the actual word "monarch" and then, of course, Jackson made her name actually become Mrs. The Monarch.

There is still a special place in my heart for Escape to the House of Mummies Part II that cannot be replaced.

Good lord I can't believe that episode is almost ten years old.

That really is an amazing episode, too.

• Options
    Escape to the House of Mummies Part II and 20 Years to Midnight are probably the two greatest episodes that ever wound up being back to back in a Season.

• Options
    20 Years to Midnight has the best one-off character in animated television history.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    20 Years to Midnight has the best one-off character in animated television history.

I don't remember who you're talking about. Someone that really blended in I'm guessing?

No I don't.
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Now Museum, Now you Don't is one of my favorites.

This show really shines in the episodes where tons of characters show up and bounce off each other.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, Tag Sale, You're It was the first episode I watched and it totally hooked me.

Undead Scottsman on