As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

King Joffy's all-new Game of Thrones thread.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Everyone who vomits instantly joins:

House Lannister: Hear Me Roar

Edit: dammit, forgot about hear me pour above. Pour would also work for my suggestion, though.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I still have the voicemail from my mother where she called me after the Red Wedding.

And it will never stop being funny to me.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    I still have the voicemail from my mother where she called me after the Red Wedding.

Unrelated to GoT, but the funnies VM ever left for me came from this dude, Justin.

Justin was one of my roommates in New York, but he wasn't part of the original leasing plan. He was in my actual roommates film studies class and they became fast friends, so Justin was at the apartment a lot. He was a true Jersey kid; rough and tumble, profane, had the Zeppelin angel tattooed on his chest and a pair of revolvers tattooed to his hips. He made crass, terrible jokes, and one day got booted from his apartment by his girlfriend, due to the fact that he was stepping out on her.

Now, I didn't have a job at the time, so Justin and I ended up hanging out a lot together. He got under my skin pretty easily, but we were an odd sort. One time, my sister came up to visit, and I warned her: "You're going to meet Justin. He's crude, and makes sexual jokes all the time, it doesn't matter that you're only 17. It's best to just avoid him when at all possible, because he *will* make you uncomfortable."

Not two minutes later, the door to the apartment opens and Justin walks in. He saunters over to me and drops a video game in my lap. The Punisher.

"Cause we were watching the movie the other day and I know how much you liked it. So I got you the game."

"Yeah, seems like a real asshole."

#

I'm getting way off track here; Justin and I went on many, many misadventures, from using shoe polish on a bedsheet to write a proclamation of love to his ex-girlfriend (which failed spectacularly) to getting kicked out of an aquarium because he was insistent on his need to touch a stingray.

When I ran out of money and moved back to Richmond, I honestly never expected to hear from him again.

And one day, I had a voicemail. I hadn't spoken to Justin in two years at this point; by all accounts, he was in Dubai setting up a film festival.

"Yo, Mikey D..." He called me this because he truly believed that I would one day marry my celebrity crush, Zooey Deschanel, and take her last name. "Have you ever felt... love? Like, real man love? I'm talkin'... Greco-Roman... baby oil, baby, just slippin' and slidin' around?" At this point, he laughs quietly to himself. "Hey. We're gonna... we're gonna listen to Barry Manilow... and eat some Cantaloupe. Keep fresh, Mikey D. Love ya, kid."

Still have that one on my phone.

Justin was odd.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Unrelated to GoT, but the funnies VM ever left for me came from this dude, Justin.

Justin was one of my roommates in New York, but he wasn't part of the original leasing plan. He was in my actual roommates film studies class and they became fast friends, so Justin was at the apartment a lot. He was a true Jersey kid; rough and tumble, profane, had the Zeppelin angel tattooed on his chest and a pair of revolvers tattooed to his hips. He made crass, terrible jokes, and one day got booted from his apartment by his girlfriend, due to the fact that he was stepping out on her.

Now, I didn't have a job at the time, so Justin and I ended up hanging out a lot together. He got under my skin pretty easily, but we were an odd sort. One time, my sister came up to visit, and I warned her: "You're going to meet Justin. He's crude, and makes sexual jokes all the time, it doesn't matter that you're only 17. It's best to just avoid him when at all possible, because he *will* make you uncomfortable."

Not two minutes later, the door to the apartment opens and Justin walks in. He saunters over to me and drops a video game in my lap. The Punisher.

"Cause we were watching the movie the other day and I know how much you liked it. So I got you the game."

#

I'm getting way off track here; Justin and I went on many, many misadventures, from using shoe polish on a bedsheet to write a proclamation of love to his ex-girlfriend (which failed spectacularly) to getting kicked out of an aquarium because he was insistent on his need to touch a stingray.

When I ran out of money and moved back to Richmond, I honestly never expected to hear from him again.

And one day, I had a voicemail. I hadn't spoken to Justin in two years at this point; by all accounts, he was in Dubai setting up a film festival.

"Yo, Mikey D..." He called me this because he truly believed that I would one day marry my celebrity crush, Zooey Deschanel, and take her last name. "Have you ever felt... love? Like, real man love? I'm talkin'... Greco-Roman... baby oil, baby, just slippin' and slidin' around?" At this point, he laughs quietly to himself. "Hey. We're gonna... we're gonna listen to Barry Manilow... and eat some Cantaloupe. Keep fresh, Mikey D. Love ya, kid."

Justin was odd.

This is a "Ray from Achewood" kind of sentence here

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So, this is what I have:

House Lannister; Hear Me Pour!
    A member of House Lannister, within the noble domain of the kitchen, gets to pick what someone pours into their cup.
    House Stark; Winetar is Coming
    A member of House Stark, during a drinking game, can at the end of each round pronounce, “The North Remembers,” and make everyone playing drink from their cup.
    House Greyjoy; We Do Not Wait
    A member of House Greyjoy can cut anyone waiting in line for the bathroom.
    House Tully; Bros, Before, Hoes
    A member of House Tully can designate any one person during a drinking game as his mate (even if the game does not have mates).
    House Tyrell; Getting Swole
    A member of House Tyrell, once per round during a drinking game, can force a player to trade their number of incoming drinks into physical exercise.

Just need to figure out these three before Saturday evening.

House Targaryen; Fire & Blood
    House Baratheon; Ours is the Fury
    House Martell; Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Leave the words for Targaryen the same, but make those people stick to drinks that are either lit on fire first or are Bloody Marys.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Leave the words for Targaryen the same, but make those people stick to drinks that are either lit on fire first or are Bloody Marys.

Fireball.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Blood orange and cinnamon schnapps

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    In this exciting edition of the Game of Thrones board game I was the Greyjoys once again because fate is a fickle bitch.

I ate an entire kettle-pot of baked beans and spat venom at everyone.

And as the Baratheons & Lannisters battled I slowly sailed my way to the south and was within grasps of victory.

But then I botched everything and they turned on me and I lost everything...

Greyjoy for lyfe

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

#

Justin was odd.

This is a "Ray from Achewood" kind of sentence here

At first my brain registered this as "Ray from Archer". Kinda works.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

Fireball.

Prairie Fire

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The first four episodes of Game Of Thrones’ fifth season are typically rich and rewarding, but for those seeking reassurance as the show heads for uncharted territory, there’s as much to love as there is to fear.

http://www.avclub.com/review/game-thrones-charts-exciting-fraught-path-its-bloo-217839

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

• Options
    By the way that review seems to unironically talk about how Game of Thrones tells human stories in a fantasy world

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    "Kilt. Slowly. By omission."

We'll see, valets. We'll see.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Stranded in the middle of DC this morning until the first trains came through, I drew this on an IHOP napkin
    2ahpjsjda2yo.jpg

Think I may have made my waitress's morning, because she got super excited immediately on seeing it, and we ended up having a couple minutes of conversation about the show and the books when I asked for the check

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    Looks like the first four episodes have been leaked online, so be aware because the net is full of Spoilers and even the one true god won't protect you

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Looks like the first four episodes have been leaked online, so be aware because the net is full of Spoilers and even the one true god won't protect you

The God of Death, indeed, protects no one.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so how many people are willingly checking out of the show and waiting for the books to catch up

I'm considering it

• Options
    No way! Now I can use show spoilers to lord it over book people
    I've got that sweet sweet spoiler honey both ways now

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    There going to be different enough that I don't really care.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Entropy has won, the cosmos has settled into an infinitely smooth and black mirror of nothingness, and yet the book fans gently spin in the void, patiently waiting for the plot to catch up with the show

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    There going to be different enough that I don't really care.

Yeah. I enjoy both, and spoilers don't particularly bother me anyway.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I for one want to see what (Dance Spoiler)
    The Qyborg looks like

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    The Qyborg looks like
    Like a full suit of plate armor

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    so how many people are willingly checking out of the show and waiting for the books to catch up

I'm considering it

to avoid spoilers?

sounds miserable honestly

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    this is actually the perfect scenario in my mind because (although it was a moot point when the show was announced, considering I'd already read the existing books) i get both sides of the "should you watch the adaptation or read the books first" experience

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    The Qyborg looks like
    A full suit of plate armour that is completely coincidentally the same size as The Mountain.

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    The Qyborg looks like
    A full suit of plate armour that is completely coincidentally the same size as The Mountain.
    Thinking The Destroyer from Thor.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    The Qyborg looks like
    Thinking The Destroyer from Thor.
    Or RoboCop, but yeah, I know what it'll be, but I want to see how they do it. If that makes sense

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    PSA for everyone who has a brand-new HBO Now account (like myself)

This is up now

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    hbo go has betrayed me

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Tyrion's hair is starting to resemble packing confetti

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Was that the first actual flashback we've had on this show?

• Options
    I am going to go on HBO GO tomorrow specifically to get a screencap of Jon Snow's supreme pouty-face in that elevator

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I like tracking where we are on this show via the beards and haircuts of the Brothers Lannister

This discussion has been closed.