Options

Steam: It's really steamy!

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So was Resident Evil: Revelations meant to be better than 5 and 6?

i've usually heard of it as being better than 6 on par with 5.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Starting in on Thi4f, or whatever we're calling it.

It ain't Thief, but it ain't near as bad as I feared.

High praise all up ins

I heard it wasn't bad, it just wasn't really what the fans of the older Thief games wanted. But I heard that even some of them said that they enjoyed it for what it is.

It was pretty. But I think it still would have gotten only a lukewarm reception even if it weren't for the whole name issue, compared to dishonored.
    The writing is already leagues better than Dishonored

I don't intend this as praise for Thi4f, mind

Okay, with all due disrespect for Dishonored's non-worldbuilding writing, I can't hold with that for a picosecond.

Dishonored, for all its faults, does not have anyone use "We're not so different, you and I" unironically.

(All cards on the table, I actually thought Dishonored's writing, while not good, was mostly serviceable and there were some bits I quite liked. Meanwhile, Thi4f's writing has caused me physical pain.)

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Been playing ORION: Prelude, and it's mostly fun. It's poorly coded/buggy as heck, but fun. And really, for a dollar you can't go wrong.

So yeah, thanks again @Metalbourne.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

It's much more like the original trilogy than 4, 5, or 6. I dunno if I'd call it better than 4, but then 4 is one of my favourite games ever...

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    but really guys. Dishonored was SO GOOD

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular

It's much more like the original trilogy than 4, 5, or 6. I dunno if I'd call it better than 4, but then 4 is one of my favourite games ever...

RE4 was their pinnacle. They crossed the mountain and then slipped and rolled down the other side.
    That said, I actually am kind of enjoying revelations, but it's a bit too much actiony

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    but really guys. Dishonored was SO GOOD

I dunno, it felt, kinda middling to me to be honest. The levels, (or more specifically the outside of the buildings) just felt a bit like Shadows of Mordor where everything was just a bit big blocky and grey which was just dull. And other than the interiors of buildings, I really don't remember much about the exterior at all.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    If both Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4 get announced at that pre-E3 thing (which seems very possible), I might just freak out. If they both came out in the same year? Every other developer/publisher could just take the year off.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Dishonored is not a very good video game

Or at least I did not like it at all

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I know it's coming, but a Fallout 4 announcement would make me shiver with excitement

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I would be somewhat surprised if they did a new dishonored

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    steam thread why did shadows of mordor download 8 gigs of stuff the other day did some DLC get released or something

Yeah they are kindly pre loading the new Bright Lord dlc. Which I didn't buy, and I'm not going to play the game again any time soon, so I just stopped the download and uninstalled it.
    haha what it's paid dlc but they pushed it out as an automatic update download to everybody? that is super dumb

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    steam thread why did shadows of mordor download 8 gigs of stuff the other day did some DLC get released or something

Yeah they are kindly pre loading the new Bright Lord dlc. Which I didn't buy, and I'm not going to play the game again any time soon, so I just stopped the download and uninstalled it.
    haha what it's paid dlc but they pushed it out as an automatic update download to everybody? that is super dumb

This is how most dlc works.

Dark souls 2, fighting games, etc all do it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

I don't think I have any game that has done that, maybe I just don't have a lot of games that get DLC

Or more likely none of them have tried to download 8 gigs of something I didn't pay for

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Artreus wrote: »

Why would that be surprising? Arkane's working on something and it isn't like it was a flop.

In fact, it did better than expected and this was said.
    Pete Hines wrote:
    So, we're very pleased and appreciate all the fans that have supported Dishonored and Arkane. We clearly have a new franchise.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options

I don't think I have any game that has done that, maybe I just don't have a lot of games that get DLC

Or more likely none of them have tried to download 8 gigs of something I didn't pay for

I would be willing to bet that you do but it was much smaller than 8gigs so steam just did it and you didn't notice

Its easy for them to just push it to everyone and just unlock it for you when you pay than only push it to some people

Plus any game with multi or anything everyone has to have it for compatibility

• Options
    I think that generally only applies to multiplayer games.

• Options
    I think that generally only applies to multiplayer games.

Usually, but for ds2 and Diablo and other stuff where everyone gets aspects of the expansion (items, etc) they still have to give it to everyone

I don't know if som fits that but yeah

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Yup. Huge DLC downloads for DLC I don't intend to puchase sure is kind of annoying.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Also from what I understand this is actually a Service issue (steam, xbox, PSN)

They made the new patch available

because its available, Steam forces you to update to the newest version

They could have held it back until the DLC is out but it would still make you get it because of how steam is set up

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    If both Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4 get announced at that pre-E3 thing (which seems very possible), I might just freak out. If they both came out in the same year? Every other developer/publisher could just take the year off.

Same here. Although I still wish that the rumor that Arkane is working on Prey 2 as a spiritual System Shock 2 successor is true

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    as time marches on, dlc downloads shall only get larger

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Starting in on Thi4f, or whatever we're calling it.

It ain't Thief, but it ain't near as bad as I feared.

High praise all up ins

I heard it wasn't bad, it just wasn't really what the fans of the older Thief games wanted. But I heard that even some of them said that they enjoyed it for what it is.

It was pretty. But I think it still would have gotten only a lukewarm reception even if it weren't for the whole name issue, compared to dishonored.
    The writing is already leagues better than Dishonored

I don't intend this as praise for Thi4f, mind

Okay, with all due disrespect for Dishonored's non-worldbuilding writing, I can't hold with that for a picosecond.

Dishonored, for all its faults, does not have anyone use "We're not so different, you and I" unironically.

(All cards on the table, I actually thought Dishonored's writing, while not good, was mostly serviceable and there were some bits I quite liked. Meanwhile, Thi4f's writing has caused me physical pain.)

I actively disliked Dishonored's writing. It was bland and perfunctory, without any real character or zest. I hear the DLCs were much better in the story regard, but I haven't played those.

I haven't hit anything egregiously bad with Thi4f yet, and the ambient dialogue - while not amazing or anything - at least has some life and personality. Something I can't really say for Dishonored.

Even with writing set aside, I never really got into Dishonored as much as some folks did. I never felt... threatened. I like stealth games where you feel fragile, where you're sneaking because you have to. It lends the proceedings an air of tension that I find very appealing. In Dishonored, you had so many powers and tools and tricks that you were never in actual danger. I get that that's fun for some people - being basically a superhero - but that ain't really my stealth game bag. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. I'm only a few missions into Thi4f, so things might change, but I'm actually digging the gameplay quite a bit more than I did Dishonored. I'm really warming up to it.

• Options
    I, on the other hand, prefer games where you can choose to be sneaky, but it isn't required. Dishonored fit the bill nicely. Also teleporting. I love teleporting.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I reckon Thi4f would have been much better received if they had called it Steal.

broken image link
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Dishonored is not a very good video game

Or at least I did not like it at all

it's got a whole lot of problems that made me enjoy it way less

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

Bethesda bought out the developer before the first one came out, so I'd imagine that the only way they're not working on a sequel is if Arkane is doing something else for Bethesda first

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »

Bethesda bought out the developer before the first one came out, so I'd imagine that the only way they're not working on a sequel is if Arkane is doing something else for Bethesda first

Fallout 4 to have movement and combat similar to Dishonoured, confirmed.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    there is a mission in dragonfall where you can bluff your way through an entire heavily guarded compound

it is the best mission

• Options
    Fyndir wrote: »
    gtrmp wrote: »

Fallout 4 to have movement and combat similar to Dishonoured, confirmed.

So, it's going to be the best game ever, is what you're saying.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I reckon Thi4f would have been much better received if they had called it Steal.

That's one of my problems with the game, getting into combat, or at least knocking people out is not only incentivized (bonus objectives in missions), it's pretty much essential if you want to get all loot items in a level.
    I'm not an oldschool Thief fan (I should at least replay Deadly Shadows, I think), but it feels like they made compromises which ends up with the game playing like a subset of the Dishonored gameplay, instead of a stealth-ass thieving game

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

All the "Steam Box" PC's were delayed and/or just released as fancy PC's.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Alienware released a machine that they recommended using with a TV and Steam Big Picture, but it comes with Windows and a 360 controller. Steam Machines (Valve's name) are going to come with SteamOS and a Steam Controller.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    So I reached the city of gold in Spelunky and finished it for the first time ever!

...as I enter the door I realize I'd totally forgotten the book of the dead.
    5efss6.jpg

Panda4You on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Is anyone here playing evolve?

Or is there a thread and I missed it?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    There is one in the G&T area

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    I am playing evolve. I am the only one.

• Options
    This isn't to be snarky but evolve is the happiest I've ever been for an open beta because BOY I was ready to buy that game and I did not like it at aaaall

Hope people are digging it though

This discussion has been closed.