As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're not doing this in [Movies]

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Maybe I should look into hulu plus.

They just sent me an email that said something about a free month.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Do you have a console? I think if you sign up through a console you get 2 months free.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Hidden Fortress just doesn't work so great for me. Probably the only samurai drama of his I don't care for. Now, the bits at first with the Hellish slave labour camp? Those are fucking great.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    Youtube links is all fucked up.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Do you have a console? I think if you sign up through a console you get 2 months free.

Holy shit that's a deal I'm not passing up.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I just watched Babadook, very good movie

Absolutely perfect choice to watch on Mothers Day as well!

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Sanjuro's also good. It's much more a comedy than Yojimbo, and it's not everyone's speed even beyond that, but there's some pretty interesting character stuff, and the ending...

It made the whole movie for me.

• Options
    Fuck yeah, that's one of the best endings.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Think I'll watch Red Beard again.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    But we can never have a Samurai Jack movie because Aku, the Shape-Shifting Master of Evil, has no voice.

I mean, I love Mako as much as the next guy (I even watched his last live action role, a stinker called Rise Blood Hunter), but I'm sure someone else could do Aku, the Shape-Shifting Master of Darkness who Unleashed an Unspeakable Evil.

Wrong ethnicity, I know (do eternal demonic metamorphs have an ethnicity, really?), but I kinda want to hear Benedict Wong's take on Aku after witnessing him as Kublai Khan in Marco Polo.

You're probably right, I've gone "No one can ever do this again" a bunch of times and been pleasantly surprised all over the place.

And frankly, the writing for Aku was so good, I'd jump at the chance to line a bunch of character actors up and just let 'em have at it.

Mako, though.

Especially with voice actors

like there are people who stepped into the shoes of popeye and porky pig, which are incredibly difficult voices

I'm sure someone could and they could do it tastefully

won't ever happen but they could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXC_j5QB6v8

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Just saw Run All Night. I liked it!

• Options
    Hoo boy, I'm now watching The Brood by David Cronenberg.

Is that a good decision?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I just watched keanu reeves kill the fuck out of russians

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Do you mean
    THE BOOGEYMAN

• Options
    Brood was weird but good I guess.

• Options

Do you mean
    THE BOOGEYMAN

nah dog
    he's who you send when you wanna kill the boogeyman and also theon greyjoy

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    john wick is the boogeyman, I'm pretty sure

• Options
    it's...

it's a line from the movie

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    And of course there's Yojimbo. It kinda fails a little today, because there are bits that are meant to be funny or something and they just fall deathly flat, but the bits where our protagonist is a bad ass is the fucking bed rock all bad asses are carved from.

There's a reason that Yojimbo is one of the most influential movies of all time. People talk about A Fistful of Dollars, but the name on Sergio Leone's lips when he made it was "Kurosawa." Then you have the Bruce Willis connection with Last Man Standing. And I don't know how many times I've seen the dog-with-severed-hand shot parodied or remade.

Point of order, Yojimbo is not about an anthropomorphic rabbit.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    And of course there's Yojimbo. It kinda fails a little today, because there are bits that are meant to be funny or something and they just fall deathly flat, but the bits where our protagonist is a bad ass is the fucking bed rock all bad asses are carved from.

There's a reason that Yojimbo is one of the most influential movies of all time. People talk about A Fistful of Dollars, but the name on Sergio Leone's lips when he made it was "Kurosawa." Then you have the Bruce Willis connection with Last Man Standing. And I don't know how many times I've seen the dog-with-severed-hand shot parodied or remade.

Point of order, Yojimbo is not about an anthropomorphic rabbit.

Of course not.

That's USAGI Yojimbo. Regular Yojimbo notably lacks the word rabbit in the title. Very clear titling pattern.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Akira Kurosawa is on or possibly above the level of Hitchcock or Leone.

A Fistful of Dollars was a remake of Yojimbo, so yeah, Leone has a little in common with Kurosawa...

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Akira Kurosawa is on or possibly above the level of Hitchcock or Leone.

A Fistful of Dollars was a remake of Yojimbo, so yeah, Leone has a little in common with Kurosawa...

Well yes, I am aware.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So I just watched Resolution, one of the horror movies I linked on the first page
    It was... interesting?

It certainly knows how to set a mood, and I always like the style of horror that never really explains why these things are actually happening to the protagonists, but I think even for being that kind of movie it was a little too vague in that regard

Really good performances though

• Options
    Actually the more I think about it the more it kinda feels like an indie Cabin in the Woods
    I definitely see how it has some meta-commentary on horror movies and what we as an audience expect and demand to see in them

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Big poster for It Follows
    vpNgES9.jpg

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Big poster for It Follows
    vpNgES9.jpg

Old school.

I like it.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    it's...

it's a line from the movie

you're a line from the movie

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kurosawa is the best. There is no arguing this.

You don't have to love his movies but you have to respect his influence.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I love westerns so I kinda love Kurosawa by default

I think seven samurai is probably a better movie than magnificent seven, though I love both

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    So Furious 7 is getting absolutely spectacular reviews out of SXSW.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i watched the first half of Mockingjay last night before i had to go to bed, I was surprised at how good it was? it was like, a pretty good movie.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Edit: adurrrrr

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Turns out the worst part of the Hunger Games movies were the need to go to the Hunger Games

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i definitely do not know what they're going to do with Hoffman for the next part, unless he gets written out later in part 1 that I haven't seen yet. He was definitely lifting that movie up.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Amy Schumer's Trainwreck is also getting glowing reviews out of SXSW

• Options
    The Gunman, a new thriller from the Taken Director, starring Sean Penn, Idris Elba, Ray winstone, and Javiar Bardem

Has a 0% on rotten tomatoes

how

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Because it hasnt been reviewed yet?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Because it hasnt been reviewed yet?

no, then it says "no score yet"

this has 11 reviews so far

Chincymcchilla on
This discussion has been closed.