As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect: Andromeda Announced! Featuring EVEN HOTTER humanoid ship AI!

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    This is my memory of all these characters.

Miranda: I'm a spy or am I totally a spy. Also I have a sister HELP ME WITH MY SISTER OH GOD.

Tali: KILL GETH KILL GETH KILL KILL KILL dad sucks

Jacob: I'm a calm dude. *insert personaly story mission* I now wish to murder my father.

Thane: Let us have a philisophical discussion on fatherhood and why I suck at it pleasehelpmenow

Liara: I am god king of the Underworld and I have a dad.

Garrus: *brofist*

Wrex: *chest bump*

Mordin: Can sing, can science, can shoot, rights past wrongs.

Grunt: I am surprisingly eloquent about how much I enjoy smashing faces into paste under my boot heel. Yeah. So. Wanna smash some?

I didn't really get a strong impression from any of the others. I only got halfway through me3.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Never really liked Liara, even after 1 when she changed for the better

I mean, it didn't help that she was allegedly the greatest information broker, head of the biggest spy network in the galaxy, and she provided exactly zero important intel in the entire game

Plus, I mean

She was real clingy

Yeah, Liara never knew anything important. Like finding the Crucible single handed. Pfft... not that big a deal.

Also Shepard.

Like I said

clingy

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Mass Effect 2 is free for PS+ and I've been looking for an excuse to play the game again. I've only played the games on Xbox 360, so this is a completely fresh start.

1) Mass Effect 2 is really good.
    2) Whoever drew Liara for the Genesis comic has no idea how clothes work. It's embarrassing.
    3) The Illusive Man is such an incredibly compelling character in ME2.
    4) The combat has not aged well, which is compounded by only having access to a garbage pistol and a garbage SMG at the very beginning.
    5) Mass Effect 2 is really good.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    All the SMGs are garbage in ME2, except for the Locust.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    new teaser woop woop

looks like folk were right about an ark taking us to the andy galaxy

hope we're not going to be doing a colonisation story, at least not played straight, feels a bit too manifest destiny tbh. might be a nice story to be told if the milky way folk ended up in a migrant fleet-type situation

ed: video went private, mirror here. bsn is pointing out dogtags with ryder on them at some point, poss new protag name?

Agusalim on
  • Options
    I just hope we're not completely cut-off from the Milky Way. Much of the enjoyment I get from exploring the galaxy in the Mass Effect games is because it's our galaxy.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Arteen wrote: »
    I just hope we're not completely cut-off from the Milky Way. Much of the enjoyment I get from exploring the galaxy in the Mass Effect games is because it's our galaxy.

From what they've said so far, we are cut off from the Milky Way. That's the point.

Orca on
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular

Cool trailer.

Also is it just me or
    Is the ship we are piloting to Andromeda the fucking crucible? Citadel and all.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Well thank fuck they did something on this year's N7 Day

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so is this their way of confirming that Fem-Shep is canon? am sure plenty of people will be happy with that.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    so is this their way of confirming that Fem-Shep is canon? am sure plenty of people will be happy with that.

There is no canon Shepard. There never has been.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I really expected her to finish "And this is my favorite exploration ship in the galaxy."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

ME had may as well have taken place in some other galaxy for all the similarities it had with the real Milky Way.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Rchanen wrote: »

Cool trailer.

Also is it just me or
    Is the ship we are piloting to Andromeda the fucking crucible? Citadel and all.
    Not really.

The Citadel had five arms, this ship has 4, and the Crucible was smaller, comparatively.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I will say that this teaser trailer feels more like Mass Effect than the Andromeda reveal trailer.

It's amazing what the difference music, narration, and a voice actor makes when inserted over even stock footage.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Excellent trailer.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    God dammit stuck at work!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I really hope they look back and figure out what was great about ME3 multiplayer, then repeat that. I'd be perfectly happy with a carbon copy of the original concept, with just one difference: give us the ability to craft the unlocks we really want. Like, have crafting tokens drop from packs, or let us choose between packs and crafting tokens, or whatever. I didn't mind the grind because the game was so much fun, but I was also fairly lucky with my unlocks I think. I can see how it can get extremely frustrating if you happen to fall on the unlucky side.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    evilthecat wrote: »
    God dammit stuck at work!
    It's stock NASA footage with FemShep narration and a look at the ark-ship. More of a teaser than a trailer.

Frem on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    It confirmed the game is going to suffer massively from budget cuts. The ark ship is probably unmanned.

That and Shepard snuck on board.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Do you think that's the last time we hear Shepard?

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Soooo considering Morgan Freeman's explanation of an ark (A Random Kindness), how are going to reconcile that with the wanton murdering of sentient races?

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I really hope they look back and figure out what was great about ME3 multiplayer, then repeat that. I'd be perfectly happy with a carbon copy of the original concept, with just one difference: give us the ability to craft the unlocks we really want. Like, have crafting tokens drop from packs, or let us choose between packs and crafting tokens, or whatever. I didn't mind the grind because the game was so much fun, but I was also fairly lucky with my unlocks I think. I can see how it can get extremely frustrating if you happen to fall on the unlucky side.

And you know, maybe some bug fixes. Like, sometimes it's kind of hilarious when stuff happens, like my first time on that one map when I started randomly taking damage and I don't know why because it's not actually doing the rain effect on my screen.
    And then sometimes it's really annoying when the game decides that the only action you can do is to fire your gun, and you can't even reload.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Buckle up and embrace it?

We are refugees from an unknowable space horror. We are gonna set up shop here because we ain't just gonna roll over and die.

Hope you got better guns than us because we got no where else to go.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    I've watched/listened to that trailer half a dozen times now, and man, I'm getting chills every time.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Hopefully there's another trailer coming with male Shepard. I hear this impostor "signing off" and I'm just rolling my eyes at her playing pretend.

It would be pretty neat if for the beginning of the game
    they did incorporate your Shepard's actions and choices when he tells the Ark good luck in the first ten minutes or so of the game (similar to Anderson talking in ME1), something something has to stay and rebuild or whatever

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Hopefully there's another trailer coming with male Shepard. I hear this impostor "signing off" and I'm just rolling my eyes at her playing pretend.

they did incorporate your Shepard's actions and choices when he tells the Ark good luck in the first ten minutes or so of the game (similar to Anderson talking in ME1), something something has to stay and rebuild or whatever

Or it's an attempt to get some of humanity/other aliens away in case they lost to the Reapers. Or red ending is canon :P

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Buckle up and embrace it?

We are refugees from an unknowable space horror. We are gonna set up shop here because we ain't just gonna roll over and die.

Hope you got better guns than us because we got no where else to go.

I'd also say play Star Control 3 as a primer in preparing for "Send an ark to another galaxy and set up a new shop in a new, cutoff place."

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Well, someone had to kill all the Reapers while your Shepard was making out with Asari, posing for Fornax, and generally fucking around. You're just hearing the voice of the Alliance officer who actually got shit done for the first time. I know it must be a shock, but we can get through this.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Anyone on Bone side want to do trials?

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    All the SMGs are garbage in ME2, except for the Locust.
    The shuriken isn't altogether terrible, imo

It's not the locust for sure, but locust is one of the best guns in the game

• Options

I don't know what this means

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    All this said, I hope they go with a slightly different style of music this time around (maybe a old-Western style edge to it to reflect the frontier-like nature of exploration), because if you're going to drop literally an entire galaxy's worth of Mass Effect you might as well drop the pretense that it's still the same old Mass Effect

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular

Now you know how it feels to have a 'imposter' show up in all ME depictions until ME3. #Femshep4lyfe

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

I don't know what this means

He posted in the wrong thread - thats Destiny talk

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    All this said, I hope they go with a slightly different style of music this time around (maybe a old-Western style edge to it to reflect the frontier-like nature of exploration), because if you're going to drop literally an entire galaxy's worth of Mass Effect you might as well drop the pretense that it's still the same old Mass Effect

Johnny Cash flat out about sold me on the game, honestly. I wanna be a (space) cowboy. No Reapers, nothing from 1-3, no Shepard, just me, my space horse, and my space guns taming the wild frontier. Was perfectly atmospheric.

• Options
    The game's about exploring a whole new galaxy, an achievement for the galactic civilization beyond what any of the previous games dared to dream, the grandest endeavour of any civilization, and the trailer is accompanied by irreverent, cowboy, tear-the-place-up music. That tone is not at all what I want out of Mass Effect.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    We already saved the galaxy, brought down terrifying unknowable squid monsters from beyond, and came back from the dead. That? That gets the swelling operatic orchestral score.

I'm quite okay with this game not being quite as bombastic and epic.

This discussion has been closed.