As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I work with history's greatest monster in the [job] thread.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Oh man, I actually thought some big old bird had literally taken a huge gross dump on you at lunch time and I was all ugh yeah I hate it when that happens.

...how often do you get pooped on by birds?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    See this is how aggravated I am

I'm posting how I speak (Yorkshire) not how I write (English)

Ah well

Back t' grind

I's fucked up mate an ye cnt do owt baat it naw b't make yer mind clear on Monday and tha'll be reyt cause thas got a strong case on this and yer no numpty.

Seriously, thats shite.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Guys help. This woman who is a relative of a friend of a relative or some shit is helping me 'network' to find a new job (beginning to think she's way overstating her ability to do this but anyway). She hasn't actually passed my resume on to anyone yet, instead she's come up with the 'wacky suggestion' that I do an MBA. Now, she has an MBA so I probably can't go with my initial response of "fuck no, blergh".

What's a polite way of saying "fuck no, blergh".

FIND ME A JOB WITH ROBOTS OR GO TO HELL

She already suggested business.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Second redundancy meeting today, out of a department of 20 there are 4 survivors moving to various other departments.

One of them was me; I will soon be reporting to a gigantic arsehole who doesn't understand what I do, and have to travel to the northeast of England one week a month. The things we do to make the rent.

Departing boss got us all pizza and its all pretty teary eyed right now.

• Options
    Dis that also sucks.

A landscape architect has been awarded an OBE, which means I too could be awarded an OBE one day.

*~Reach for the stars~*

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

Ah well

Back t' grind

I's fucked up mate an ye cnt do owt baat it naw b't make yer mind clear on Monday and tha'll be reyt cause thas got a strong case on this and yer no numpty.

Seriously, thats shite.

Aye
    <3

• Options
    What Liiya just said did actually make total sense and was very lovely, if anyone is wondering

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    owt
    /aʊt/

pronoun
    (Northern English) a dialect word for anything
    Word Origin
    a variant of aught 1

Alright, then.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Speak English!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    owt
    /aʊt/

pronoun
    (Northern English) a dialect word for anything
    Word Origin
    a variant of aught 1

Alright, then.

I thought it was One Wrong Thing based on context.
    so

huh!

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    What Liiya just said did actually make total sense and was very lovely, if anyone is wondering
    Maybe I read too much Herriot growing up but I was able to parse all of that except numpty.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    That reminds me of that post Liiya did in the style of a claims advert, which in turn reminded me of playing Eurotrucks while listening to a radio stream from Manchester and hearing those same ads, and also where to sell your scrap metal and subsidies for business broadband.

• Options
    Na'then thee, I were raised t'speak proper

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I kind of wish I had another dialect to fall into when emotional?

Hope you end up with some control over the situation Solar, be it shaping her up or shipping her out.

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Dis that also sucks.

A landscape architect has been awarded an OBE, which means I too could be awarded an OBE one day.

*~Reach for the stars~*

Just like S Club 7 tried to tell us.

• Options
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Dis that also sucks.

*~Reach for the stars~*

Just like S Club 7 tried to tell us.

I try to live my life by what S Club 7 taught me by holding onto what I try to be

my individuality

when the world is on my shoulders

I just smile and let it go.

(That is not Reach! but it works better).

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Well now I know what'll be stuck my head all weekend...

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    This last grad assignment is due today. I have to review some library databases. I go to the university library site. My account does not work to log in to access the databases. Okay. Go to Public Library website. Your library account is not valid.

Hmmmmm. This is slightly ironic.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Remember

There ain't no party like an S-Club party

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Oh man, I actually thought some big old bird had literally taken a huge gross dump on you at lunch time and I was all ugh yeah I hate it when that happens.

...how often do you get pooped on by birds?

More often than I'm comfortable with.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I could read and understand all of Liiya's post. I mean when you sound it out phonetically it's pretty clear.

As for emotional accent, I don't really have one. What does happen though is I start to use a higher category of words. The most evident example would be when I'm feeling incredibly angry, because when that happens I suddenly become very cool and calm and my vocabulary jumps from "a bit higher than usual" to "scathing thesaurus."

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    solar i feel bad for you but also can Yorkshire Solar become a permanent fixture of the forums please

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I have a "did not get enough sleep accent"

I go from neutral to ... really southern

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I go somewhere when I'm drunk. I wanna say Irish or some where around there parts.

Funnily enough the first time that happened was when my buddy got me drunk the first time is Australia, and I was surprised I didn't slip into that local accent.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    Had a lovely dinner with some work friends tonight

The 24th was my friend's birthday and the 26th is mine so we had a group bday dinner on the 25th

Feels good man

Also I am very full

Happy Birthday!

• Options
    solar i feel bad for you but also can Yorkshire Solar become a permanent fixture of the forums please

Aye

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Guys help. This woman who is a relative of a friend of a relative or some shit is helping me 'network' to find a new job (beginning to think she's way overstating her ability to do this but anyway). She hasn't actually passed my resume on to anyone yet, instead she's come up with the 'wacky suggestion' that I do an MBA. Now, she has an MBA so I probably can't go with my initial response of "fuck no, blergh".

What's a polite way of saying "fuck no, blergh".

"fuck no, blergh"

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

Hope you end up with some control over the situation Solar, be it shaping her up or shipping her out.

I get country as fuck when I'm mad. Or drunk.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular

Ah well

Back t' grind

Seriously, thats shite.

I was just going to say I find it really difficult to represent my accent in text when I saw this.... which.... doesn't sound anything like I speak but does show that I obviously haven't been trying very hard.

• Options
    pixiecowpixiecow MewKRegistered User regular
    I don't even know what my accent is anymore. I don't sound like how people expect someone from my birth country to sound like, and I've never really properly picked up the accents in places in the UK that I've lived. I'm sort of all over the place, but no place in particular :confused:

• Options

Ah well

Back t' grind

Seriously, thats shite.

I was just going to say I find it really difficult to represent my accent in text when I saw this.... which.... doesn't sound anything like I speak but does show that I obviously haven't been trying very hard.

To be honest I've kinda lost my accent, thats what it was a looong time ago but I'm kinda RP-ish now save the odd words and excessive glottalstops.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I know the more time I spent away from home the more I started to pronounce words like "know" like "know"; instead of how I was assured by southern acquaintances that I pronounced them before, i.e. knoooeeerh. Like Ygritte taking the piss out of John Snoooeh

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    So I've been looking into the parental leave policies for child #2 and did some calculations and if I take January-March off as parental leave next year I have enough annual leave banked up to take off every Monday and Friday from April to Christmas. I'd lose a couple pay-cheques in the 3 months parental leave, but I could work 3 days a week for the rest of the year at full pay.

3 months off, 3 days a week for the rest of the year. Hmmmmmmm.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »

I get country as fuck when I'm mad. Or drunk.

Traveled a ton in Navy family as a kid, so South Carolinian didn't get a chance to stick for better or worse.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    JOB GET

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    JOB GET

IN ACCORDANCE WITH OUR TRADITIONS, I CONGRATULATE YOU
    fda5e626c2b4d3f3dd4f5dcbf6d57afc.jpg

what? Oh it's red?
    Eh, we'll fix it in post.

• Options
    Got a senior accountant position at Trident Seafoods. Going to be doing some cost, and some regular financial/corp accounting. The team there seems nice and the environment appears to be not very stressful. It's a bit of a commute for now, but we may be moving to accommodate that. It's a lateral move, salary-wise, but I am able to start right after my current job is wrapping up in a couple weeks so I'll be able to have no gap in paychecks and then I can use my full severance and vacation payout for paying off debt and stuff.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    you're not worried about posting your soon to be employer's name? I'm pretty paranoid about that shit. don't say it on facebook either.

• Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    Got a senior accountant position at Trident Seafoods. Going to be doing some cost, and some regular financial/carp accounting.

• Options
    I've already signed the offer letter and all that, so I'm all official.

BLM - ACAB
This discussion has been closed.