As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ask Tube

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Rooibos is the best, especially vanilla with a splash of almond milk. That's my goto no caffeine beverage.

Mine is a nice lavender and chamomile tisane

edit: that's my no-caffeine beverage of choice that isn't beer I mean

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Not even a staff-created thread about the workings of our digital playground is free from the opinions about beverages.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »
    speaking of orange juice, what kind of clown drinks the stuff pulpless

I better be chewing my orange juice, god damnit

I said I was thirsty, not hungry

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I drink pulpless orange juice because it is good and I am not a clown

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Drink all orange juice because all orange juice is delicious.

• Options
    But people that pronounce orange juice as "oranjuice" are the worst.

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    I drink pulpless orange juice because it is good and I am not a clown

Frowning so hard at this

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I got an orange Julius recipe from the internet last year and let me tell you that shit is amazing.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    We never had Orange julius things around these parts.

so I've never had one.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I drink water, milk and coffee. Sometimes all at once!

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm far from a tea snob, I just like going into the tea store and smell stuff until I find something interesting.

There's such a thing as a tea store?

• Options
    Teavana is an (overpriced) example of a tea store.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    I got an orange Julius recipe from the internet last year and let me tell you that shit is amazing.

Um it's a federal crime to mention orange julius recipe and not actually share it

• Options
    I just Googled orange Julius and those look amazing.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »

They are pretty excellent. You should double check that there aren't any Dairy Queens in your area that carry them. They merged a while ago and now many DQs carry Orange Julius stuff.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Ms chills has been getting way into tea

It still tastes bad but strawberry basil tea at least smells good

My fiancee feels the same way about coffee. Loves the smell, doesn't like the taste.

Which is just fine with me because our house really smells like coffee for the entire morning.
    Darmak wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Rooibos is the best, especially vanilla with a splash of almond milk. That's my goto no caffeine beverage.

Mine is a nice lavender and chamomile tisane

edit: that's my no-caffeine beverage of choice that isn't beer I mean

I don't understand.

You all don't just drink coffee straight until it's an appropriate time to just switch to beer?

Khavall on
  • Options
    jgeis wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

They are pretty excellent. You should double check that there aren't any Dairy Queens in your area that carry them. They merged a while ago and now many DQs carry Orange Julius stuff.

As far as I know we don't have any dairy Queen places in town either anymore. :(

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Who came up with Social Devastation ++ and what were the odds and qualifiers for the bets? Who made the most money?

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My favorite tea is this Chinese rose milk tea I got a million years ago and then never found again.

Sadface.

Other than that, usually a really nice jasmine green tea can never be wrong.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    I got infracted on a H&A advice thread about tea where I pointed out that Earl Gray tastes like stagnant dirty dishwater.

I stand by this assertion but I realise that my presentation of this fact was not made in an appropriate way for H&A.

I don't remember this but it could reasonably have been for insulting the noblest of teas.

Egregiously bad advice had always been actionable.

This is why I try not to give much advice in H/A, my advice is usually pretty terrible!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    i drink around 2 billion gallons of tea yearly

oh, and I have horrible teeth

Do I get to be honorary english

Since you asked this so politely, you're actually Canadian now.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »

Um it's a federal crime to mention orange julius recipe and not actually share it

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/classic-orange-julius/

(Add two scoops of vanilla ice cream for every six ounces of frozen concentrate to make it even better)

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Harney and Sons makes a white tea I'm addicted to called White Christmas. Very mild with a hint of vanilla.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Harney and Sons make this absolutel amazing cinnamon tea. It smells divine and actually tastes even better. I think it's called Cinnamon sunset.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I like a good green tea with some honey and a bit of cream

• Options
    I'm a big fan of genmaicha, it's green tea mixed with roasted brown rice. It has a super mellow flavor.

Teavana charges $13 for 2 ounces of it, despite the fact that it originated as tea for poor people because it's tea cut with rice. Teavana is the worst.

• Options

I never developed a taste for green tea or oolong tea either. They both kind taste like grass to me. I can't drink either now since I'm on coumadin but still

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Tube (or Icy, if that's who made the call), what is the basis for the size limits of gifs? Do you plan on increasing the non-hotlinked limits in the future?

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think mobile browsing is the reason now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    But for me, I just think it's good policy to prevent walls of gifs.

Especially in an age where people have to express themselves with like twelves gifs of a captioned movie scene.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    We're not going to be increasing the limit any time soon.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Icy was talking about working on gifv, so when he gets that working would we still get 500kb worth of gifv to play with or are you thinking you'll tone it down?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    ... Did I really just spend 5 hours reading this whole thread?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm far from a tea snob, I just like going into the tea store and smell stuff until I find something interesting.

There's such a thing as a tea store?

God yes, they are wonderful. They are all over the place in tea-drinking countries, but you can also find them in upscale urban areas in the states.

Just not in Alabama, where I live, because to people here "upscale" is a newish Walmart.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    ... Did I really just spend 5 hours reading this whole thread?

i'm afraid it's been... 9 years...

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Yorkshire Tea is a very nice tea. It's not going to change your mind if you don't already like black tea, but it's an ever so slightly more... citrusy?/honeyish? English Breakfast Tea.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    i am probably the only insane person who makes coffee and then throws a tea bag in the coffee

Oh definitely trying this now. What kind of tea do you use?

Any Irish breakfast tea that happens to be laying around along with honey sweetened almond milk

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Darmak wrote: »

I never developed a taste for green tea or oolong tea either. They both kind taste like grass to me. I can't drink either now since I'm on coumadin but still

I love Green Tea but I go through phases where it gives me blinding headaches so I tend to leave it alone.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I like a good tea, especially with to go with desert, but coffee is what I am about. It's the best. Home roasted black coffee is like summoning a pleasure deamon to do your bidding with very little actual effort on your part.

Also, am I weird for liking earl grey? Guess I'll add it to my long list of idiosyncratic personal deficiencies.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Iced tea in a desert is a good move, that's true.

This discussion has been closed.