As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ask Tube

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Veldrin wrote: »
    What is everyone's opinion on grapefruit juice?

I prefer to drink bile fresh, when it's still warm.

Straight from the still twitching carcass

VSC27Q0.jpg

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    what do plugs have to do with kettles?

you gotta plug 'em in, man

they don't make stove kettles any more, really

not like when I were a lad, in the good old days, uphill both way to school, and a bowl of grit for breakfast

Uh

They have at least three models of stovetop kettle at my local walmart.

I'm not sure they even carry any of these magic electric kettles you are talking about.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YJB3DW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

$20. Also nice because you can just keep water warm without running the stove.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen from other subforums (who are still reading this thread)

SE++

It's great, right? I dunno why people use the other sub-forums really

I mean

It's great when it's threads that aren't one offs

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Tube, when we got the SE++ jerseys a while back, did that have to get approved by you or did it end up going above you as well?

On a related note, how long before we can do that again with an old-school ugly purple-on-gray throwback style jersey?

It was approved by me, but realistically didn't have to be (other than I suppose I could theoretically have killed it by not allowing a thread). Doing it again is up to the geek, but I believe he's moved companies now.

@Tox I believe Tube also ran it by Khoo who just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something to try to make money off y'all and using the forum to do it.

And Tube is correct, I only have two weeks left at the sportswear company, so it's extremely unlikely I'll be doing it again. I am leaving on good terms, so I suppose there is a slight possibility that I may still be able to wrangle something with the division that's taking over the business so I can get the jerseys at cost again, but I'll be busy with starting the new job and all that so it would probably be some time.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Giving you another awesome for getting those jerseys put together for us, Geek.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I've never really had the opportunity to wear mine but I'm going to wear the hell out of it when I get my gym put in my new house.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    This has been some excellent grapefruit feedback. Good work everyone.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Current conversation made me think of the question, what's the biggest crossover diversion of threads you've ever seen.

( Example, the Tube thread is talking about food atm, the food thread is talking about superheroes, the superhero thread is talking about moderation for a 3 chain)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Current conversation made me think of the question, what's the biggest crossover diversion of threads you've ever seen.

( Example, the Tube thread is talking about food atm, the food thread is talking about superheroes, the superhero thread is talking about moderation for a 3 chain)

years ago there was a spam thread that turned into a bunch of forum artists making an impromptu cop drama comic about all the forumers

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I didn't feel "cool enough" to get a jersey, and now I'm a little bummed I don't have one.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    SE++ is the place where I can go and look up what American accent I have in the LGBT thread and what kinds of tea I should drink in the Ask Tube thread

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I didn't feel "cool enough" to get a jersey, and now I'm a little bummed I don't have one.

My partner and I both got one and when we wore them to PAX and noticed nobody else was, we asked "where's the jerseys?". We were told that the jerseys are not cool anymore.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

My partner and I both got one and when we wore them to PAX and noticed nobody else was, we asked "where's the jerseys?". We were told that the jerseys are not cool anymore.

Yes, I've noticed that at PAXes, too. But it would still be cool to be like "oh yeah, that was neat"

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

perfect, I was never cool to begin with

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    SE++ is the place where I can go and look up what American accent I have in the LGBT thread and what kinds of tea I should drink in the Ask Tube thread

It's deeper and more confusing than that

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Hey, that's a generalization. The Homestuck thread, for example, is almost always on topic.

Unfortunately for most, that topic is Homestuck.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hey, that's a generalization. The Homestuck thread, for example, is almost always on topic.

At least the infection is mostly contained there

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

years ago there was a spam thread that turned into a bunch of forum artists making an impromptu cop drama comic about all the forumers

It wasn't really a diversion, but the Crane Operator thread was one of my favorite forum weird moments. Just this dude comes in and posts a bizarre essay about this weird game idea that he's posted several times on different forums around the internet, but instead of ignoring him or reporting him as spam, everyone thought it was super funny and it turned into a huge thread with people contributing their own stuff. The guy kept making more posts and someone even mocked up a game site and someone else made a trailer.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Careful, comments like that tend to put Bobkins in a mergy mood

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I read all these pages about tea and I just think I'm good with Lipton, though only when I'm sick and have plenty of honey to dump into it.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Careful, comments like that tend to put Bobkins in a mergy mood

Ask Tube about Homestuck

@Tube John/Vriska ended too soon, do you agree?

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Not only did you break the rule to not @ mention Tube in this thread, but you did it over Homestuck.

Make peace with your god.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

Eff that noise. Jerseys are rad.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular

It wasn't really a diversion, but the Crane Operator thread was one of my favorite forum weird moments. Just this dude comes in and posts a bizarre essay about this weird game idea that he's posted several times on different forums around the internet, but instead of ignoring him or reporting him as spam, everyone thought it was super funny and it turned into a huge thread with people contributing their own stuff. The guy kept making more posts and someone even mocked up a game site and someone else made a trailer.

is crane operator still around

could we... finish crane operator

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Tube/Mods

Are the sides of you that we see here on the forums as close to your real life selves as it gets, or is it at times just a persona that you put on while doing your work?

• Options
    VegemyteVegemyte Registered User regular
    Tube and other mods, how broken up are you at the untimely passing of Chris Squire, bass player for Yes?

I want a straight answer out of you, don't give me something... roundabout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmZoQFYYx8U

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Not only did you break the rule to not @ mention Tube in this thread, but you did it over Homestuck.

Make peace with your god.

And I have no excuse for that first bit. My hope Tube's wrath is swift and my screams don't wake the neighbours.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    there were SE++ jerseys?

maaaaaaaan

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    there were SE++ jerseys?

maaaaaaaan

Yep. They are even in the forum's colours!

• Options
    The Geek wrote: »

Eff that noise. Jerseys are rad.

Amy and I are the only two people wearing them in the SE++ AUSPAX forumer photo from last year, once again proving that people named Amy are the most raddest!

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Tube/Mods

Are the sides of you that we see here on the forums as close to your real life selves as it gets, or is it at times just a persona that you put on while doing your work?

I make up a lot of shit and talk in like 90% hyperbole

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2015
    Knob wrote: »
    Tube/Mods

I make up a lot of shit and talk in like 90% hyperbole

I'm...basically the same, I think. Not the hyperbole, I'm the same offline as I am online, I mean

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    there were SE++ jerseys?

maaaaaaaan

285578_4572101908798_1250844380_n.jpg?oh=6a9157d63bd4e57ba3f63637ea0ebc59&oe=562BCC46
    644189_4572103628841_1352634320_n.jpg?oh=65070da68c5e518c5d4755ceb6f73733&oe=5620CAF8

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    They also have a number on the back with forum names across the top.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I only recognize 6 (maybe 7 if that's Lexxy?) folks in those photos, and only 3 that I have met in person I believe. My PAX game is weak.

Goose! on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tube/Mods

I don't wear masks easily or well, which is something of a failing of mine because it causes me to expect the same of others, which is downright dangerous. It's something of a running joke. I do my best to remain objective according to my interpretation of the rules as a moderator, because I feel like H/A needs that. Sometimes I'm better at it than others.

In general though, there is so much of me in my posts, both in H/A and SE. I am pretty easy to read; I just put it all out there, likely more than I should.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you should tie the string behind your head tighter

also the mask might not be correctly sized - it's sort of like hats, you can't just buy a "one size fits all" and assume it works well, you should actually go to a specialty shop and look around for something more suited to your facial shape

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Top photo, left to right is @fightinfilipino, @tox (I think), not sure, @Ten, @Ruby Rhod, @#pipe, @Vivixenne, and me.

Bottom photo, back row: Me, @Aphostile, @Ruby Rhod, @Ten, @Tox, @Baidol, @Lexxy, @skettios
    Middle row: @fightinfilipino, @Larlar, @Vivixenne, @Zonugal
    Bottom row: @Mysst, @#pipe, @MetroidZoid

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

haha yes crane operator

The game where you have to convince passersby to climb your crane so that you can make them fall off

This discussion has been closed.