Options

All I want for Christmas is a shiny new [FFRK] UI update (Live!).

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Seems pretty solid. My current favored party is Cloud (4.79), Zack (3.68), Y'shtola (4.19), Thancred (3.04), Quistis (3.91).

Currently using Quistis over the other black mages (like Terra/Vivi) because I don't have any of their MCs, and she can bring breakdowns. Zack is in for no particular reason, though if I had an MC for one of the 3* combat/4* support characters I'd probably be using them instead.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    They're all vulnerable to slow, as well.

Oh yeah. I brought Angel Wing Quake as my RW. Man did that mop up that fight.

Oh, character popularity poll results: Disagree away!

Looks fairly accurate; though some of the higher tier characters seem to rely on having their SB relic to really be more useful than others below them, particularly in the angel tier. Sepheroth, unless you've got a good katana isn't very useful; y'shtola, without Thyrus is a decent WHM, but nothing particularly above and beyond anyone else. Ditto with Lightning without her saber.

But with their SB relics they're all fantastic.

Really wish I had Vivis MC; I should probably just buck up and do the elite dungeon that has it now, but Rinoa is doing just fine regardless.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I agree with pretty much that whole chart, other than I think Garnet is a bit too high and Red XIII a bit too low.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    If you still have scarletite in your chest from forbidden treasure last month, get it out! It'll disappear tomorrow.

• Options
    Looks like my EXP farming team of Fran, Auron and Kimihari will top out at 40 today (started at 1). I think that may be enough to get them through the special condition battles.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    If you still have scarletite in your chest from forbidden treasure last month, get it out! It'll disappear tomorrow.

Adamantite has 5 days left for me. Doesn't look like anything to use it on either. I might just have to grab it and increase my inventory finally.

Unrelated, Defeaters can suck my anus.

EDIT: Oh god, all Seymour boss rush. :rotate:

Yukikaze looks like it'll be really nice to have too. Argh.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Red XIII will be great once we get his MC. Probably why he's at such a low tier

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Red XIII will be great once we get his MC. Probably why he's at such a low tier

If I had managed to pull lunatic high or boon in past events, red XIII/Sazh would never leave my parties; no MC for red or not.

SG or Thyrus would have also been nice but I barely had any mythril for the treasures event when SG was up for grabs, and my pull on the xiv event gave me jack all. :(

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    They're all vulnerable to slow, as well.

Oh yeah. I brought Angel Wing Quake as my RW. Man did that mop up that fight.

Oh, character popularity poll results: Disagree away!

Angel tier are pretty much gimmies. I think Yuna and Y'stola should be lower since most WHMs are fairly similar and their natural SBs are terrible. And Cyan seems criminally underratted. Maybe people aren't aware he can use armour now? Not up there with Seph or Cloud mind you.

Outside of that seems a good set of ranking. Poor Kimari, even Summoner beats you out. I got summoner to level 53 before his RM dropped and I can't be the only one soured to him over getting that RM. Also, can we get Terra's level break please? Maybe a week early?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    is dollett impossible or am i just doing it wrong. have to fight this boss 4 times and he had incredibly powerful aoe that he spams every turn. i can kill him once or twice but i only have 6 curas, not sure what i'm supposed to do.

i've lost probably 2 entire stamina bars to this guy and it's really making me wonder if the game just wants me to spam mythril to get past it and that makes me not want to play anymore.

Dollet is one of the harder levels in both classic and elite due to the requirements for fighting the same boss multiple times

if you can't kill him using only a few ability uses each round, you probably need to train and come back.

MS Prima Vista in IX is also like this.

i can kill him more or less, all my guys are ~level 30, but he just murders the fuck out of me? he spams a 700+ damage aoe every turn and, at least at this point, i don't have anything that begins to approach that level of healing output. i can kill him in 3-4 of his attacks but jesus.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Get your team to 50. Do the Sunday EXP dungeons

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    is dollett impossible or am i just doing it wrong. have to fight this boss 4 times and he had incredibly powerful aoe that he spams every turn. i can kill him once or twice but i only have 6 curas, not sure what i'm supposed to do.

i've lost probably 2 entire stamina bars to this guy and it's really making me wonder if the game just wants me to spam mythril to get past it and that makes me not want to play anymore.

Dollet is one of the harder levels in both classic and elite due to the requirements for fighting the same boss multiple times

if you can't kill him using only a few ability uses each round, you probably need to train and come back.

MS Prima Vista in IX is also like this.

i can kill him more or less, all my guys are ~level 30, but he just murders the fuck out of me? he spams a 700+ damage aoe every turn and, at least at this point, i don't have anything that begins to approach that level of healing output. i can kill him in 3-4 of his attacks but jesus.

Do you have either Lenna or Kirin? Either of those will provide regen to the party which could go a long way to counter acting the AOEs. Still need conventional heals to supplement but those combined might help. Obviously a SG or stoneskin RW would make the damage trivial for two fights, so you would need to just worry about surviving one on your own.

I believe Lenna is a bonus quest recruitable character and Kirin is the best 2* Summon if you've managed to find some Summon orbs.

Outside of that, get some levels, you'd be surprised the difference in survivability of a level 40 compared to 30. Hopefully there are other chapters with new dungeons that you can go down in the meantime. The weekly events will also help in this regard.

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Just FYI,

Sanctuary keeper +++ is an awful fight and you should prepare to S/L about 100 times trying to not get OHKOd in the first second.

• Options
    I estimate that I S/L'd 20-30 times trying to get the right start to finish him. albeit, my build wasn't Ideal at all and I went in a little blind, here's what i had.

I had:

LVL 50 Auron - retaliate, Yukikaze(bring something else, its bad on this fight) - Katana master
    LVL 49 Wakka - power BD, tempo flurry
    LVL 49 Yuna - shellga, reflect
    LVL 50 Kimahri - poison (bad idea), boost
    LVL 55 Y'toshla - protect, Curaga - Concentration II (again useless)

so immediately on start he can and will do 1 of 3 things: Mana Breath which is pretty much a 1 hit KO on anyone without shell (4k+ damage to my yuna with 230 res), tailswipe which is an aoe physical for 1500-2k without protect AND it slows you, another AOE wing something that does again 3-4k damage on unprotected characters along with a chance to silence, sleep, blind and confuse.... or he just punches you. He has a low chance to start off with casting protect or haste on himself which are both equally S/L for my setup. He also has a chance to counter any magic cast at him (so poison was a very bad idea) with his AOE chaos wing thing that again, screws you up.

so my start I had to hope for either: full gauges on my two mitigations to get them up first before he aoe or mana breaths someone down or he punches someone first instead. then I had to hope that poison applied without triggering his counter (cause lol 50%) and then I had to hope reflect didn't trigger his counter along with the slow from tempo flurry actually applying.

there is no way in hell that I am trying to farm that fight.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is there a getting started guide? I'm a bit lost as to what I should be doing with all the junk that drops from dungeons. I'm just trying to go through things with optimize and hope for the best. Not sure what I should be crafting or whatever. I'm only at level tenish though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Is there a getting started guide? I'm a bit lost as to what I should be doing with all the junk that drops from dungeons. I'm just trying to go through things with optimize and hope for the best. Not sure what I should be crafting or whatever. I'm only at level tenish though.

I posted this the other day if you thin it might be helpful. Regarding 1-2* (star) equipment you find, I'd keep some of that stuff around just to have a few things to use until you begin pulling relics with mithril and/or gems. Then you can start selling the 1-2* stuff. Though, I would probably keep any event 2* or 3* equipment around, since you tend to get a few of those items, allowing you to upgrade them through combination.
    Ardor wrote: »
    Just downloaded this game yesterday since I have this shiny new iphone 6s and wanted to put it to use. Seems fun, but the early parts are incredibly easy? My main character can oneshot basically everything, 2 shot most bosses assuming i don't feel like using one of those friend summons that instantly kills everything.

I imagine it gets harder, but I'm a few hours in and i'm still just autoplaying everything since it all dies in a round or two of combat. When does the difficulty ramp up?

They start you off with that free mithril relic pull, which usually nets you a 3, 4 or 5* (star) item. Tyro can use any item and any ability, so it lets you breeze through a fair number of dungeons to start with. The difficulty level starts to ramp up as you work your way through dungeons in each respective realm (FF1, FF2 etc). When you jump to another realm, you might see the difficulty go back down.

I think things started to ramp up a little it once you have 6-7 characters and the difficulty starts getting around 15-20.

A few tips if you have not looked up information on the game yet.
    1) Quests. Check the quests before you complete any Elite dungeon and before you craft any ability. The quests, save leveling ones, do not take into account anything you have. So if a quest is to make Fire Strike and you already made it, you will have to make another to complete the quest. You can find this as a circle icon in the top right corner of the screen when you're looking at realm doors.

2) Stamina. You see the current / maximum stamina in the upper right corner of your screen. Below that is a yellow/orange bar that shows the same thing differently, but below that bar is a set of 5 hehexagons. When you get 5 stamina shards, you refill your stamina to full and your maximum goes up by 1. The filled in hexagons show you how many stamina shards you have towards the next stamina refill and maximum +1.

3) Dungeon Info. Check the boss information before you enter any record. You can do so by selecting the portrait of the record you want to enter, then select Dungeon Info (small circular button) and look for the BOSS tab. That will show you all the boss(es) you will face plus the requirements.

3a) The requirements are important as there are 3 levels of rewards for completing any record. Completion, First Time Completion and Mastery. You can get the Completion bonus everytime you complete that record. However, the other two can only be achieved once. For Mastery, you need to, on average, Champion all of the battles in a record. Those boss requirements are each worth 3 medals, which usually help out tremendously in getting mastery the first time you go through a record. Plus, you get some information on the boss for what to expect. For example, fighting Whelk in FFVI if you haven't before, tells you a very important tip on when not to attack him.

4) Relics and Mithril. You can always go to the Relics tab at the bottom of your screen from most places to pull for a relic. This takes Mithril or Gems (you have to purchase gems). For every 5 mithril you spend, you get a random 3, 4 or 5* item. If you save up 50 mithril, you will get 11 items (1 bonus item on top of the 10 you normally get). There are always banners you choose to pull from that highlight specific 5* relics. When starting out, I wouldn't recommend paying too much attention to the folks who state that any given banner sucks. They are only saying so due to the stuff they have. My recommendation for maybe your first 2 pulls, is to wait until you have 50 mithril, then pull from a banner that is available. Even if you do not get 5* items, the 3 and 4* items you get will help out tremendously. If you feel like you enjoy the game enough to throw some money at it, every banner lets you pull one item for 100 gems ($1 US).

5) Realm Synergy. Every character has a realm that is theirs and every weapon has a realm it belongs to. When you take a character into their realm (Example: Cloud belongs to FFVII), they are treated as if they are 10 levels higher during any battle in that realm. When you use an item in the realm is belongs in, it gains a fairly nice boost in stats. For example, I have a 5* sword that's 113 attack for FFIV and a 4* sword that's 65 attack for FFXII. When I'm in the FFXII realm, that 65 attack sword that has been upgraded is now around 128 attack!

6) Events. Typically, there's 1-2 events up at any given time. These events start at a very low difficulty and can go to a very high difficulty level. During these events, you can usually find accessories and summon orbs (which can only be obtained during events) along with characters to join your team and their memory crystals. There any many characters who can only be obtained during these events and are not yet available otherwise. Same for their memory crystals. If you're just starting out, obtaining the characters is likely feasible, but the memory crystals might not be. (A memory crystal lets you break a character's level when they hit 50, so they can get to 65).

7) Daily Dungeons. Each day has a specific set of 1-2 dungeons. You can only get the First Time Completion and Mastery rewards once, same as the records. So if you complete all 4 tiers of the Sunday dungeon, next Sunday, it will still show them as all completed. The only one I'd recommend you take a look at, is the Sunday dungeon. It's the experience dungeon, so the battles give a tremendous amount of experience. To put it into some context, at the heroic level, normal daily dungeons give around 9400 exp to be split to the party, which the experience dungeon gives up to 70,000!

Hope that helps a bit.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thanks @Ardor I read that I'm just not sure what drops and what doesn't. Bosses are starting to want me to cast status/effects on them I don't have and I don't know if that is stuff that drops later or stuff I need to make. Also no idea where to go to get what I need to make it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Thanks @Ardor I read that I'm just not sure what drops and what doesn't. Bosses are starting to want me to cast status/effects on them I don't have and I don't know if that is stuff that drops later or stuff I need to make. Also no idea where to go to get what I need to make it.

So a few primary things in the early game to know about, equipment, abilities, Soul Breaks (SB) and Roaming Warriors (RW), plus where to get these.

Equipment shows up as drops from enemies, rewards for completing stages (a stage is comprised of multiple battles) and as relic pulls. If you need/want more equipment, you can spend mithril on relics. Relics are 3* (star) to 5* items. I would recommend waiting until you have 50 mithril and pulling on a banner, that way, you get 11 items instead of the normal 10 (since the standard conversion rate is 5 mithril to 1 item).

Abilities come from creating abilities from the Party screen or as rewards for completing stages. To create abilities, you need orbs. Orbs drop from enemies or are rewards for completing stages. If you need orbs, you should consider looking at the daily dungeons, located in the events button from the realms screen. Each day has 1-2 dungeons where you get some kind of reward. Today is fire and earth orbs, or upgrade components for weapons and armor.

Soul Breaks are what your characters start with and/or learn through having specific 5* relics. You build up a soul break bar as you deal and take damage. The large globe in the bottom right hand corner of your screen during battles is the soul break. White Mage has a small AoE heal, Black Mage has a Dark Element single target attack and tyro has a non-elemental AoE attack. To learn new soul breaks, you can either find new characters who each come with their own soul break, or you have to get lucky and obtain a soul break weapon (5* weapons, many have soul breaks either shared so anyone can use or character specific so only that character can use it).

Roaming Warriors are the "friends" you get to choose to help you in a battle. That's where you pick someone's character to summon with a specific soul break, using their equipment, character level and such. When you start a stage, you get the choice to pick from a list of 10 roaming warriors. Up to 7 of them will be anyone you have followed. The remained (usually 3) will be random. If you are looking for specific soul breaks, you can also ask for friend codes to find them and follow them.

I know early on, a boss needs you to hit it with dark, so Black Mage's soul break can meet that requirement. For any other requirements you see, you'd likely need to create the ability to meet that requirement. I would highly recommend looking at your quests, since creating some abilities will actually complete a quest for you. The rewards are usually more orbs.

Hopefully this helps.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

When you're just starting out, feel free to ask specific questions about bosses. For example, with the boss who wants you to Blind him, try to get a Sephiroth RW with Shadow Flare, since it has the highest chance to Blind something out of all abilities, and it's a waste to craft Dark Attack since it's so unlikely to inflict Blind.

You can look up specific RW's here.

• Options
    Small admantite and such, are those just for fusing to existing things to level them up or are they needed for crafting? Inventory is full.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Small admantite and such, are those just for fusing to existing things to level them up or are they needed for crafting? Inventory is full.

Adamantite/Scarletite are strictly for fusing with equipment.

The only items ever needed for crafting are orbs. You never need a previous ability to upgrade to an higher tier ability (Example, Fire to Fira).

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    It might be a wee bit outdated given the new abilities we have now, but this:

https://reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3edgv8/the_great_ability_compendium/

Is still damn good info. A guide on just what abilities you really should be creating and honing.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Honestly if you do all the Quests to create and hone abilities, you'll have a fair selection of the core abilities already made.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    That guide does seem to take into account the newly added to global skills, such as Dual Delay and Dismissal. Seems like pretty solid advice all around.

• Options
    Did the boss rush and the Ronso battle, so Kimihari goes back in the box. Where he'll stay.

Forever.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Did the boss rush and the Ronso battle, so Kimihari goes back in the box. Where he'll stay.

Forever.

I think the whole of my current "Level up Sunday" team is on the garbage or peasant tier. That was funny to see. I don't know why they do this "3 star black mage but you can't use staffs" shit. For the variety of having characters who are bad in any situation?

• Options

Forever.

I think the whole of my current "Level up Sunday" team is on the garbage or peasant tier. That was funny to see. I don't know why they do this "3 star black mage but you can't use staffs" shit. For the variety of having characters who are bad in any situation?

I've got everyone at 50+ except for Zell, Mystic Knight, and Auron, who've we've gotten this past week. I may be a wee bit obsessed with capping everyone's levels.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I need to do the ++ and +++ battles, mostly because the +++ drops those 5* Non-Elemental Orbs that I need to make a Meteor.

Curse this game for making me spend eggs on Kimahri, though.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I spent most of my stamina yesterday leveling but only got a few levels each. The normal dungeon is too easy, but the hard dungeon is too hard so even dumping a full bar on it I'd only get a bit of a level.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I spent most of my stamina yesterday leveling but only got a few levels each. The normal dungeon is too easy, but the hard dungeon is too hard so even dumping a full bar on it I'd only get a bit of a level.

One thing you could do is only finish the first battle, then retreat.

This way, you could use the RW twice to beat two waves and survive once yourself. Then re-do. It's usually worth more exp this way compared to fully completing the run and getting the few extra eggs at the end of Normal.

Once you can complete the Hard series, do the same for Heroic.

• Options
    Learned a two things on ++:
    Killing Biren first makes Yanke cast hast on himself, guess that's why one of the objectives is to slow him (made the mistake of slowing him at the start)
    Aqua Breath seems to be the party killing ability this battle which is used by Yanke and is magic (had protect instead of shell on).

Probably need to rework the team a bit. Get a second WHM with shelga/dispell, get both magic and weapon break. End party probably will look like

Yuna Shellga/Diagra
    Tidus Temp Flurry/Dismissal
    Wakka Armor/Magic Breakdown
    Kimarri Weapon/Mental Break
    Y'stola Curaga/Dispel
    RW: SG/Stoneskin

Offense is a little low so probably will get 1 star for actions taken but with three objectives I could probably tank Actions and Damage taken and still get master. Does anyone know what Biren does if you kill Yanke first? Would rather fight someone with fairly manageable physical skills over the AOE magic death.

• Options
    I went with a Retaliate strategy. I Berserked Biran, hit Yanke with Tempo Flurry and Magic Breakdown, got Shellga up and then burned Yanke down as quickly as possible. Biran's berserk ran out right about when Yanke died, and after I hit him once he Berserked himself (thanks, sucker!). I then just burned him down and all was well.

• Options
    I went with a Retaliate strategy. I Berserked Biran, hit Yanke with Tempo Flurry and Magic Breakdown, got Shellga up and then burned Yanke down as quickly as possible. Biran's berserk ran out right about when Yanke died, and after I hit him once he Berserked himself (thanks, sucker!). I then just burned him down and all was well.

I've been farming ++ for GSOs (3 so far) and its better to just nuke Yanke down and ignor biran entirely.

its yanke that hurts and heals and buffs himself it you kill Biran first.

• Options

I've been farming ++ for GSOs (3 so far) and its better to just nuke Yanke down and ignor biran entirely.

ok, thats 4 GSOs out of 6 runs.

either I am extremely lucky or the drop rate for 20 stamina is amazing....

I am not sure which way to lean at the moment. I already crafted Maudin and am now 1/3 from Vaelfor R2

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Chipping away at the previous dungeon update before doing Auron's things. Starting to suspect my mage team IS my new A-team. Was able to take Demon Wall without too much trouble, doing elite Cerberus so I can unequip Dispel, but still have the last two Galbadia Garden stages plus elite Balamb left.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options

I ended up doing the same. When Yanke dies, Biran auto-beserks himself. If that wears off, he will might guard himself and then go back to his normal attack rotation I think, which can include some AOE magic.

I ended up beating the Sanctuary Keeper with the advataliate strategy. Any AOE physical pretty much ruins your retaliator and mana beam is pretty much a OHKO if you have no mitigation up. I strongly recommend bringing reflect and throwing it on him. He spent half his turns reflects buffs to me. I was able to poison and slow him in the first few turns and that lasted most the fight. Turn 1 is the most brutal since half the time he's pretty much up and murder someone instantly.

For the boss rush if anyone is having troubles, if you have Aerith, I strongly recommend her since her SB Seal Evil will help you meet the silence criteria for the last boss, opening up another ability slot.

• Options
    Get fucked forever, Sanctuary Keeper. If I can rant for a second, if they're going to make landing a status part of the mastery condition can they fucking make more likely to land? The amount of times where I had to reset after a good start simply because Venom Buster didn't want to land in 4 attempts was wearing pretty thin.

p20l942.jpg

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I was thinking the other day I hope we get Samurai skills aside from Retaliate. Pretty happy with that.

Checking my hones I only need 3 Greater Wind for R3 Valefor..and 52 Lesser Summon Orbs for R5 Dragon.

• Options

Forever.

Do any of the EX fights require Kimihari? I didn't see any character requirements for the rush, and I know that the +++ only needs Auron.

I haven't done them yet.

• Options

ok, thats 4 GSOs out of 6 runs.

either I am extremely lucky or the drop rate for 20 stamina is amazing....

I am not sure which way to lean at the moment. I already crafted Maudin and am now 1/3 from Vaelfor R2

5 out of 10 GSOs
    2 out of 10 SOs
    3 out of 10 nothing

This discussion has been closed.