Options

All I want for Christmas is a shiny new [FFRK] UI update (Live!).

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Or not Proudclad, the game keeps locking up whenever I try to start the battle.

EDIT: Nevermind, restarted my phone, did it fine. Super easy.

Ultima Weapon doesn't look very hard either. Waiting on 10 stamina then I'll give it a go.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yay, i got zack. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Also, if I wanted to do the 11 for 10 draw just to get some decent items to keep progressing and then save for those banners next month you said are going to be way better, should I do the ff7 or ff10 banner?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    FF7 has more dungeons yet to come. FF10 has more annoying bosses, though. Neither one has really super amazing relics but I think the FF7 relics are more useful over all in terms of shared utility. Auron's sword would be great, but a relic for Kimahri is kind of a waste since he's not that great of a character.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Also, if I wanted to do the 11 for 10 draw just to get some decent items to keep progressing and then save for those banners next month you said are going to be way better, should I do the ff7 or ff10 banner?

Mithril is fairly easy to come by when you're starting out. I suppose if it were me, I'd suggest going for an 11 pull on the VII banner. Those highlighted 5* relics have a much better chance of being pulled, but you can also still pull any relic in the game. With 3 VII swords in there with FFVII synergy, I'd say it is worth pulling now.

And even if you don't get what you want, or any 5* or whatnot, the gear you do pull will be useful to you. I have some 3++ and 4++ stuff that's been very helpful to me. (The + means it has been combined and upgraded that many times.)

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Ardor wrote: »

Mithril is fairly easy to come by when you're starting out. I suppose if it were me, I'd suggest going for an 11 pull on the VII banner. Those highlighted 5* relics have a much better chance of being pulled, but you can also still pull any relic in the game. With 3 VII swords in there with FFVII synergy, I'd say it is worth pulling now.

And even if you don't get what you want, or any 5* or whatnot, the gear you do pull will be useful to you. I have some 3++ and 4++ stuff that's been very helpful to me. (The + means it has been combined and upgraded that many times.)

got some good 4* gear (finally a weapon for Kain that isn't ass!) and the 5* soldier sword and 5* circlet. also got a nice 4* staff for whenever i get a magic user i care about and a 4* fist. hopefully Kain can actually participate now :p

only wish i had gotten one more piece of armor, only have 4 decent pieces

edit: oh also re: combining, is there any advantage to leveling up the 2nd item before combining it into the maxed item? i have a level 10 mythril saber that i use, and got a 2nd one for finishing that event.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    If you think you might make Auron your retaliator (assuming that's a gameplay route you intend on going) you might do the X relic banner in case you get his sword.

Otherwise VII is decent. If you're using Cloud as your damage dealer he can use Zacks sword for synergy and the Crystal Sword is a pretty decent VII sword with a ok SB that can be quite powerful on a lightning weak boss.

Neither banner is that great, however, if you're willing to hold onto mythril. I'm guessing you have plenty of classic missions and dailies to work on for the forseeable future, and those can be done without a lot of strong gear, and there are better banners, for sure, in a few weeks.

But of the two current ones, VII seems the better bet if for no other reason than SE/DeNA have a hardon for Cloud and VII, and another VII event is coming early November that any VII gear you get now will help out on.

• Options
    edited October 2015

got some good 4* gear (finally a weapon for Kain that isn't ass!) and the 5* soldier sword and 5* circlet. also got a nice 4* staff for whenever i get a magic user i care about and a 4* fist. hopefully Kain can actually participate now :p

edit: oh also re: combining, is there any advantage to leveling up the 2nd item before combining it into the maxed item? i have a level 10 mythril saber that i use, and got a 2nd one for finishing that event.

No, don't level anything you're going to use to feed another weapon/armor. Having the second higher level is a complete waste, it provides zero increase to the resulting combined gear.

EDIT: and keep in mind synergy makes a huge difference on a lot of gear. It can make a synergized leveled 3* better than a 5* of a different realm

You'll know what gets synergy increase by what stats increase when you level an item. I.E. if you level an armor (usually helmets or wristbands) that increase atk when it levels, synergy will give it a really nice boost. If a stat doesn't increase with leveling, it won't get a synergy bonus, so an armor that has 3 atk that doesn't ever change whether it is level 1 or 20 won't increase atk on synergy. How much synergy you get is also based on the items level, so an item with a level 10 cap will have a lot less potential bonus than one with a level 20 cap. It's weird formulas, but basically a 5* or higher leveled, with synergy, with more or less double stats.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

No, don't level anything you're going to use to feed another weapon/armor. Having the second higher level is a complete waste, it provides zero increase to the resulting combined gear.

EDIT: and keep in mind synergy makes a huge difference on a lot of gear. It can make a synergized leveled 3* better than a 5* of a different realm

You'll know what gets synergy increase by what stats increase when you level an item. I.E. if you level an armor (usually helmets or wristbands) that increase atk when it levels, synergy will give it a really nice boost. If a stat doesn't increase with leveling, it won't get a synergy bonus, so an armor that has 3 atk that doesn't ever change whether it is level 1 or 20 won't increase atk on synergy. How much synergy you get is also based on the items level, so an item with a level 10 cap will have a lot less potential bonus than one with a level 20 cap. It's weird formulas, but basically a 5* or higher leveled, with synergy, with more or less double stats.

Well shit, I wish I had known this earlier, i've blown a lot of upgrade materials before combining. That's going to make things much easier in the future.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    On banners, there are some real shitty ones and some really stacked ones coming up. They're also going to split banners into two parts soon, so there will be two sets of uniques that they roll through with a common pool between them. The there's a decent FF7 banner coming up (has Organics but not a lot else), a pretty good FFXIII (Skycutter and Wyrmfang on one side, Vega 42 on the other), and a really good FFIX banner (Golem's Flute and Cypress Pole in the same pool).

Out of the two we have now I think you made the right choice with the FFVII banner. FFX has a lot of niche or even kinda useless stuff.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular

Congrats! Most of us wish we could get multiple 5* items on an 11 pull. The sword is very good for FFVII realms and the circlet is a good mage hat, but also has a shared soul break. Heal and boost magic to a single target that anyone can use. Since you got Zach, you have a great candidate for the second sword now.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    EDIT: is there any reason to do anything other than Fabul Castle for RM2's that are "any battle", if I am not in the mood with dealing with <character> in real battles?

Well, getting a RM2 is essentially farming for a chest drop from an enemy. The more enemies you fight, the better your chances. If I remember right:

-Fabul Castle is 2 enemies for 1 stamina
    -Mist Cave is 6 enemies for 2 stamina
    -I don't remember how many enemies there are, but I remember crunching the numbers for Vector in VI, and I'm pretty sure it was the exact same enemy/stamina ratio as Mist Cave. So 18 enemies for 6 stamina I guess.

Whichever one you want to do is your choice. Just remember it's more about the sheer tedious effort, tapping the screen to advance the menus. So you might want something you don't have to pay attention to as much.

from what I've read, MC2s are not item drops but wave drops so you want to maximize wave per stamina not enemy per stamina. so a 1 stam fabul castle is no better than a 3 stam midgar highway.

I also think that elite dungeon waves have a better chance of dropping it but that is fairly unconfirmable.

• Options
    If you think you might make Auron your retaliator (assuming that's a gameplay route you intend on going) you might do the X relic banner in case you get his sword.

Otherwise VII is decent. If you're using Cloud as your damage dealer he can use Zacks sword for synergy and the Crystal Sword is a pretty decent VII sword with a ok SB that can be quite powerful on a lightning weak boss.

Neither banner is that great, however, if you're willing to hold onto mythril. I'm guessing you have plenty of classic missions and dailies to work on for the forseeable future, and those can be done without a lot of strong gear, and there are better banners, for sure, in a few weeks.

But of the two current ones, VII seems the better bet if for no other reason than SE/DeNA have a hardon for Cloud and VII, and another VII event is coming early November that any VII gear you get now will help out on.

I did a pull on the X banner because I didn't have any X weapons...

ended up with Aurons sword, Kimihari's lance, the light armor, a blitz blade and a danjuro. so 5 5* and 2 4 stars

so now I have damage dealing weapons for all of the dungeons except IX and my 8 weapon is now one of my strongest (because why wouldn't I combine a blitz blade?)

also, I had a chance to try out Kimihari's lance and while it is still pretty useless, it would be a great SB for Schizo since it blocks one magic attack completely including AOEs.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Elite Seymour Flux down. Power Break on him and his Mortibuddy, Protectga up, Silencega and Venom Buster on the main body, plus Advantaliate. He didn't even put up a fight. Had Dispel for Reflect, just in case.

• Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    I lucked out on a 3-draw for the X banner and got Auron's Shimmering Blade, so I've swapped out Terra for him as my RW. If anyone wants access to his Dragon Fang break (physical damage all + Atk down), my code is 9rRG.

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Woo, just got Zach's memory crystal. First mc for me although I had to blow a couple of mythril on it to get him down. I could handle everything he threw at me pretty easily except for aeroga, that would one shot almost every one in my party. 2 different tries he cast it 3 times in a row at the start of the fight and just wasted the mythril that i used which was pretty frustrating. Probably would have helped if I had brought a RW with SS or Boon instead of Rush Assault but I was getting close to 20k damage from RA, not sure if the added survivability would have offset the damage.

Carpy on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Woo, just got Zach's memory crystal. First mc for me although I had to blow a couple of mythril on it to get him down. I could handle everything he threw at me pretty easily except for aeroga, that would one shot almost every one in my party. 2 different tries he cast it 3 times in a row at the start of the fight and just wasted the mythril that i used which was pretty frustrating. Probably would have helped if I had brought a RW with SS or Boon instead of Rush Assault but I was getting close to 20k damage from RA, not sure if the added survivability would have offset the damage.

You don't need to spend a Mythril to retry a boss fight. Just pause the fight, close the app, and reopen it. It will ask you if you want to start where you left off, and it will put you back at the beginning of the boss fight. Mythril is only if you run out of abilities and can't continue. If you can beat the boss provided he doesn't randomly decide to be a dick, just restart.

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »

You don't need to spend a Mythril to retry a boss fight. Just pause the fight, close the app, and reopen it. It will ask you if you want to start where you left off, and it will put you back at the beginning of the boss fight. Mythril is only if you run out of abilities and can't continue. If you can beat the boss provided he doesn't randomly decide to be a dick, just restart.

I thought about that but I was worried that it would take too much time. I should have tried it earlier in the event but I waited too long leveling and upgrading gear. Hard balance to strike, I think my highest character is like 34, only 2 5* weapons and my armor selection is pretty bad. I would have preferred getting through it without mythril but I'm happy to have it done.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Ugh, in their synopsis of the Defender fight, they neglected to mention that Berserk never fucking works

• Options
    Berserk for you guys on that fight is poison for me when I'm fighting Seymour. I probably tried 12 times with nothing landing.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Ugh, in their synopsis of the Defender fight, they neglected to mention that Berserk never fucking works
    A steak! wrote: »
    Berserk for you guys on that fight is poison for me when I'm fighting Seymour. I probably tried 12 times with nothing landing.

Berserk is supposedly 50/50, though that means some other guy gets 6 in a row while I fail to land it in six tries.

Poison is at best 30%, you're probably better off getting some Bio-Blaster friends.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    There's a Harvester now? I'm scared to ask: what does he harvest?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Aw damn. I dropped the ball and ran out of time to add Zack to my party.

• Options
    Is Zack's event even supposed to come back? If not, that just means in about a month's time, they'll probably add his quest and tie it to an FF7 Elite. Probably the one that has you fight Ultima Weapon.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    I think he shows up in a future FF7 event too

• Options
    edited October 2015
    is dollett impossible or am i just doing it wrong. have to fight this boss 4 times and he had incredibly powerful aoe that he spams every turn. i can kill him once or twice but i only have 6 curas, not sure what i'm supposed to do.

i've lost probably 2 entire stamina bars to this guy and it's really making me wonder if the game just wants me to spam mythril to get past it and that makes me not want to play anymore.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    What skills are you taking in? He's weak to lightening since he's a mech. I took thunder and thundara strike, and then thundara and cura on aerith. Thow in a strong dps RW like blaze rush and it went pretty smoothly.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    is dollett impossible or am i just doing it wrong. have to fight this boss 4 times and he had incredibly powerful aoe that he spams every turn. i can kill him once or twice but i only have 6 curas, not sure what i'm supposed to do.

i've lost probably 2 entire stamina bars to this guy and it's really making me wonder if the game just wants me to spam mythril to get past it and that makes me not want to play anymore.

Just a reminder if you're just starting out: Use the entirety of Sunday to farm for XP on the daily dungeons. Once you can field a decent team of level 50s, it would be much easier to tackle game content in general. Characters like retaliators, Black Mage, White Mage, Support. Just get two of each of those classes to level 50.

After that, getting orbs to hone abilities with will be the next thing to focus on.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options

Dollet is one of the harder levels in both classic and elite due to the requirements for fighting the same boss multiple times

if you can't kill him using only a few ability uses each round, you probably need to train and come back.

MS Prima Vista in IX is also like this.

• Options
    Just beat Elite Galbadia Garden 2. What utter horseshit.

Trash is ridiculous. Cloud, with a Blitz Blade and Boost, takes 2-3 hits to kill anything. Trash also attacks for 2k-4k at a time, so you have to reset 90% of the time any enemy gets a turn before your team.

Pro-tip: if an enemy gets Slowga off on your whole team, just reset. It's not worth the pain of resetting for half an hour to kill one stage worth of trash.

And Seifer. This guy. This FUCKING guy. Took me twenty minutes to get a kill attempt in, because he Firagas my whole team for 2k in the half second Shellga fell off. Also, with Advance, Boost, AND Armor Break up, he was only taking 4k per hit. His defense is like a brick wall. I should have just brought two mages to nuke him. Also he has 226k hit points, and the strategy website must be for some other Seifer, because he has more attacks and is vulnerable to zero status effects.

• Options
    Yeah, that Seifer caused me a bit of trouble. I still used Advance, but I also had two mages with three Bio spells between them. I kept Shellga and Magic Breakdown on him right up to the end when I ran out of spells and my damage dropped off. One person went down, but I only lost two medals for damage and one for actions. I still have to do Galbadia Garden 3, but I might wait a while on it.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    happy with being way behind on dungeon updates to not have to deal with that shit

figure by the time i make it up to that difficulty stuff, cloud will have his RM2 and whatnot

• Options
    Yeah, I only just barely beat that Seifer fight myself. First time I went through was with Advantaliate and Vivi for spells, but I eventually fled and retried with a more magic focused party that still took most of my spells to win. It was harder than Galbadia Garden Pt.3, in my opinion.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Did all of the Auron event, until the EX stuff pops up.

Did it all with a full FFX party that was, honestly, a pretty bad idea. Wakka was the only 50 (don't have his MC) and everyone else went into the event with nada so I just popped a few eggs and started them all at 21ish. By the end (with a few eggs to help and a bit of the xp daily last night) everyone is 36, the last two elite Seymours were asstastic. Natus just because all the magic (and I made a mistake not pre-shelling in round 2 before going in so trying to get shell and magic/break on before he'd douse me with spells blew) and the latter Seymour because fuck trying to get both silence and poison to land, and I was an idiot and brought shellga instead of protectga and he never once actually used magic to attack me so I was taking way more damage than necessary, so it was S/L till I got a decent enough round of him not aoe'ing me and me getting the debuffs to land; even then I still had someone die and lost those medals so overall I barely eeked out a mastery. EDIT: I had good luck with berzerk and the stone boss, so his trash was more of a struggle than actually fighting him.

Anyway, I think I will not be relying on this X team for the EX stuff, I'll just go with my normal crew, and depending on what the EX dungeons actually entail I'm not 100% I will want to bother anyway because I'm damn sick of Seymour and Isaaru fights.

I thought about just going nuts with my X team on the daily XP today and try to get them in the 40's but unless one or more of the EX fights actually require having any of them in the party, I might want to just look ahead at future events and work on characters from future event games. XII looks to be next, but that doesn't matter because Fran is the only XII character I have and she's already 50. And that's assuming they skip the Edward/Mog event.

So I guess it's VI after that, maybe I'll just XP up VI characters to prep for the Terra event. EDIT: And then another VII event after that. Good lord, give VII a break, so many other games that could use events.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Oh, also, what the hell stat do summons use?

Do they use magic or mind? I would have assumed magic, but there's a lot of white magic using summoners so mind seems like it has to factor?

• Options

Do they use magic or mind? I would have assumed magic, but there's a lot of white magic using summoners so mind seems like it has to factor?

It's magic.

• Options

It's magic.

Cool, thanks.

Also lawdy SMN, drop your RM2! I'm not bringing you along for the XP dungeon because I want to actually level you! :lol:

Actually thinking I might not bother with the XP dungeon the rest of the day and just hunker down in FFII with a party of "Any battle" RM2's I need in the hopes of that sweet sweet double attack, along with some others.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Yeah Seifer wasn't too hard in my case. Brought a healthy dose of magic mitigation and magic dmg.

Biogra & Diagra forever!

I had more trouble with FFXII's Dreadnaught Leviathan. Two boss stages and they have high HP and DEF

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Yeah Seifer wasn't too hard in my case. Brought a healthy dose of magic mitigation and magic dmg.

Biogra & Diagra forever!

I had more trouble with FFXII's Dreadnaught Leviathan. Two boss stages and they have high HP and DEF

I thought the Judges' HP was pathetic, even if magic doesn't work on them. The beginning of the Judge Ghis fight is scary, but if you can AoE his guards down and get Berserk on him, he literally can't hurt you.

• Options
    They're all vulnerable to slow, as well.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    A steak! wrote: »
    They're all vulnerable to slow, as well.

Oh yeah. I brought Angel Wing Quake as my RW. Man did that mop up that fight.

Oh, character popularity poll results: Disagree away!

silence1186 on
This discussion has been closed.