Options

All I want for Christmas is a shiny new [FFRK] UI update (Live!).

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Ok, so I am finally caught up on all content with 134 stamina and all elites mastered.

only thing I have left to do is

1: repeat storm dragon to get Cyan's RM2
    2: Farm for Josephs RM2 (and Irvine)
    3: Level up the following characters who I have MCs for who aren't 50: Bard, Eiko, Fran, Gordon, Luneth, Ranger, Red Mage, Refia, Sazh, Snow, Summoner, TIfa, Warrior of light
    4: Level up the rest of the characters who don't have MCs
    5: Farm for orbs...

Irvine popped during the event....

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2015
    I went up the classic side of the event and now I'm working back down the elite side. Seymour wasn't too bad on elite; Protectga, Power Breakdown and silence basically fucked him over. If you land silence and don't drop too many stars you can skip over trying to land poison, but that's dependent on doing very well on the rest of it. I might skip the rest of the event for now and get back to the new dungeons. Only 1000 stamina away from being entirely caught up! Except for all the quests I forgot to do!

A duck! on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    What's with my white Mage getting a unique limit by using a 4 star staff? Do core classes get it per weapon type? Or because she's level broken?

• Options
    What's with my white Mage getting a unique limit by using a 4 star staff? Do core classes get it per weapon type? Or because she's level broken?

the core class unique limit breaks appear on 4 star items found in regular dungeons.

all non core class unique limit breaks appear on 5 star items that must be pulled for through the relic draw system.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Almost all of the 4* weapon/armor rewards given through the story quests also have upgraded Soul Break's for the core classes.

It's utterly not worth thinking about, because you're never going to seriously use a core class anyways.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    ugh. guess i won't be able to get zack then. pulled my most powerful friend summon in with me and it only did like 5k damage and that guy hits way too hard and i don't do basically any damage to it.

frustrating being able to clear all the trash up to it no problem almost never even getting hit, and then getting 100% steamrolled by the last guy.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Knight_ wrote: »
    ugh. guess i won't be able to get zack then. pulled my most powerful friend summon in with me and it only did like 5k damage and that guy hits way too hard and i don't do basically any damage to it.

frustrating being able to clear all the trash up to it no problem almost never even getting hit, and then getting 100% steamrolled by the last guy.

Sometimes you might get lucky and find a good Roaming Warrior (RW) summon, but I usually end up on reddit to find codes that make sense for the events. Here's a few that might help you out. I'm suggesting them since they have FFVII characters and are geared up with RS equipment to make their attacks much stronger than normal.

3SvP - Tifa WaterKick (3 attacks, multi-target I think)
    GSAG - Zack Rush Assault (8 attacks, single target)
    zk5N - Zack Rush Assault (8 attacks, single target)

I looked for a few multi-hit FFVII for you, since they will likely be hitting for close to 9999 each hit, allowing you to use them to hopefully take down at least one of the heads of the boss instantly. If you have the ability to make Magic Break (physical skill), that could help with the other head since their attacks are all magic. It'll reduce their damage by 40% or so.

To add friends, head to Menu -> Friends -> Find Friends. Then add the code, it'll show you the warrior and you can click the follow button to follow them.

If you hit up the fight for Zack and do not see a warrior you want, go back down to the first battle set, select a random RW and beat the very first battle for 3 stamina. Once you finish, head to the CAMP button, select Retreat at the bottom and select QUIT upon prompt. When you spend any stamina on a fight, it'll reset the RW choices you get. Folks usually use Fabul castle in FFIV since the battles cost 1 stamina as this can be done with any single battle.

The Zack RW might be your best bet, since I'd guess they can take out a head each time you use it. If you can clear the trash to get to the boss, you can probably summon Zack twice for the win. One thing though, when Schizo losses a head, he uses an AE magic attack on death, so see if you can heal up or mitigate it somehow.

Also, this boss is a huge jerk, there's maybe two other bosses released so far that I can think of that have an attack on death, this guy uses it twice. I believe defending helps mitigate magic, so you can defend with everyone who isn't using the RW. Until a character takes another action after defending, they are counted as being in defense.

Ardor on
  • Options
    If it's the big FU counter that's the roadblock, then this would be my suggestion:

Magic Break both heads at the start. Breakdown would be better, but you might not have the orbs. A Shellga would also be great, but again, orbs. Just before one head is about to die, Break it again, and use a Sentinel's Grimoire RW. And that counter will be heavily neutered. At this point you should be on easy street. SG lasts a pretty long time, but you have another charge if it does. Keep Breaking the other head, but save one just before it dies too.

Power/Magic Break/down are Civilization. The lesser Break's especially, since they're Combat 3 and in addition to the utility are great damage dealers in their own right. But overall they're the keys to surviving the gnarly shit that gets thrown at you.

...So of course they've now started in with the bosses that resist it (resist in this case meaning they still work, but are only half effective). But at least you're still a ways from having to worry about that.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    yeah on Schizo I think you need mitigation if you are underleveled.

specifically, you need to either bring a Boon RW or SG RW and magic break

forget the offensive RWs since every time a head dies, your entire team is gonna get blasted.

• Options
    also, the event doesn't end until tomorrow so go do some classics and/or elites and level up your team some more.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Boon was a huge help in beating that fight for me. I made sure to use my first cast of it on the last trash mob before Schizo to make sure that shell was up on everyone in case he used a breathe attack before I got a turn. Also the white mage might be a good healer choice for you since her SB is a group heal and is possibly the only one you have to access to yet.

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    Boon was a huge help in beating that fight for me. I made sure to use my first cast of it on the last trash mob before Schizo to make sure that shell was up on everyone in case he used a breathe attack before I got a turn. Also the white mage might be a good healer choice for you since her SB is a group heal and is possibly the only one you have to access to yet.

I've been using Aerith since FF7 synergy, but yea maybe the prayer heal would be better, it is my only aoe. I can't make any of those break abilities since I don't have the 3 non-elemental orbs required.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Not sure if a good RW can take out a head, but IF it can you can try and bring in Tyro and Kain along with some sacrificial RW summoners. Have Tyro and Kain jump before the RW summon goes off, boss does his death rattle kills sacrificial party members, Kain/Tyro are in the air so are invulnerable. Then just have one of your two dragoons cast the RW and the other jump again to kill the 2nd head.

This relies on being able to kill off a head per RW AND to have enough orbs for two jump abilities. Kain's SB double jump will not work as it has zero air time.

Copious S/L would be required to get the timing down too.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular

I've been using Aerith since FF7 synergy, but yea maybe the prayer heal would be better, it is my only aoe. I can't make any of those break abilities since I don't have the 3 non-elemental orbs required.

I went back to check to make sure, but there's 2 rounds of trash before you actually fight schizo. Can you craft and/or hone Shell? One nice tip for fighting bosses where you have some rounds prior during the battle, is to setup defenses. You could cast Shell on a few characters during that second fight, right before Schizo. Those buffs will carry over between battles if the duration is long enough. This way, you could start the schizo fight with a few characters with +100% resistance. Then you could see about having some cure/cura spells available to turtle if you wanted to kill him with RW. You have white mage, tyro and aeris, all of whom can heal and use shell. This might work.

Also, if you have some growth eggs (lesser, regular etc) you can use them to help level your characters up.

• Options
    Ardor wrote: »

I went back to check to make sure, but there's 2 rounds of trash before you actually fight schizo. Can you craft and/or hone Shell? One nice tip for fighting bosses where you have some rounds prior during the battle, is to setup defenses. You could cast Shell on a few characters during that second fight, right before Schizo. Those buffs will carry over between battles if the duration is long enough. This way, you could start the schizo fight with a few characters with +100% resistance. Then you could see about having some cure/cura spells available to turtle if you wanted to kill him with RW. You have white mage, tyro and aeris, all of whom can heal and use shell. This might work.

Also, if you have some growth eggs (lesser, regular etc) you can use them to help level your characters up.

Yea, I've been putting shell on my guys on the turn before, it helps a lot. I need to try with one of those summons you said, since all the ones I've done can only get through about 1/3rd of a head's hp. I think if I could get a RW that did about 70% of the head's life, I'd be able to finish the cheese.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Have you tried a RW with Angel Wing Quake? It does two AoE earth attacks, which it's not resistant to. Barring that I'd suggest Sentinel's Grimoire / Stoneskin with your Shell and trying to neuter it. It's really hard to get through these with low levels of honing, I mostly relied on Retaliate to get enough damage out because of how few orbs it took (and because I had all of one good weapon for a long time).

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    If it's the big FU counter that's the roadblock, then this would be my suggestion:

Magic Break both heads at the start. Breakdown would be better, but you might not have the orbs. A Shellga would also be great, but again, orbs. Just before one head is about to die, Break it again, and use a Sentinel's Grimoire RW. And that counter will be heavily neutered. At this point you should be on easy street. SG lasts a pretty long time, but you have another charge if it does. Keep Breaking the other head, but save one just before it dies too.

Power/Magic Break/down are Civilization. The lesser Break's especially, since they're Combat 3 and in addition to the utility are great damage dealers in their own right. But overall they're the keys to surviving the gnarly shit that gets thrown at you.

...So of course they've now started in with the bosses that resist it (resist in this case meaning they still work, but are only half effective). But at least you're still a ways from having to worry about that.

Schizo wipes Break effects off itself before it casts Dragon Fang when a head dies.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    For the Zack boss rush, I know both dragons are paralyze parties, and the other drake thing is susceptable to blind and is just physical anyway, so that just leaves Schizo.

Tips? I'm thinking advantaliate and maybe blowing a mythril before just so the first 3 fights, paralyze or no, aren't just slogs; but that leaves me without very good mitigation. Just shellga, since I wasn't fortunate to get SG or y'shtolas staff so no self brought major def.

I have a decent FFVII sword with Cloud, who's 65, and with soldier RM he already does decent damage; but advantaliate is a guaranteed 9999 every hit from him; which would let me put a double hit on him for the in-between retaliate refreshing rounds. I figure I'd burn down Schizo super fast, but I still would have to deal with the spikes from dragon fang; and I used SG in the elite prior to reduce that damage.

Should I just give it a go? Am I overthinking it? It sounds like many people have struggled with Schizo in the rush the most, so if I can get past it, even if I have to suck up a not-master, it sounds like the subsequent two fights are less of a headache.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    You're definitely not overthinking it, because I went in with Advantaliate and Shellga and had to s/l a few times. That fight goes: get Shellga and one Magic Break (on the head you're not killing) off before they attack. If you didn't, immediately reload because you will absolutely fall behind. From there it's just keeping your HP up and a decent amount of luck. I didn't actually know about Initimidate/Blind weaknesses before I went in, so I fought it straight and still did the whole thing without a mythril.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I think I used SG/Stoneskin II as my RM for that fight, and just popped a Mythril to refresh my abilities before the Schizo to make for an easy clear. Schizo in the boss rush is an easier fight than Schizo in the prior stage -- lower health, lower damage.

Not much special in the party -- just bring intimidate, blind, and shellga (use it both on the dragon that you can't intimidate as well as schizo), and magic break. Besides that, standard retaliate composition. My Cloud's weaker than yours and I used a non-RS weapon and was able to clear the stage without too much trouble.

• Options
    Man fucking hell with the fights where it's not clear in any way where to target the specific portion of the boss you actually want to hit. (seymour)

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    For the Zack boss rush, I know both dragons are paralyze parties, and the other drake thing is susceptable to blind and is just physical anyway, so that just leaves Schizo.

Tips? I'm thinking advantaliate and maybe blowing a mythril before just so the first 3 fights, paralyze or no, aren't just slogs; but that leaves me without very good mitigation. Just shellga, since I wasn't fortunate to get SG or y'shtolas staff so no self brought major def.

I have a decent FFVII sword with Cloud, who's 65, and with soldier RM he already does decent damage; but advantaliate is a guaranteed 9999 every hit from him; which would let me put a double hit on him for the in-between retaliate refreshing rounds. I figure I'd burn down Schizo super fast, but I still would have to deal with the spikes from dragon fang; and I used SG in the elite prior to reduce that damage.

Should I just give it a go? Am I overthinking it? It sounds like many people have struggled with Schizo in the rush the most, so if I can get past it, even if I have to suck up a not-master, it sounds like the subsequent two fights are less of a headache.

Rapps casts a rather nasty Aeroga, which is magic damage.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Odin get! Now I can kill stuff reliably without having to spam break/pressure point. Once.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Odin get! Now I can kill stuff reliably without having to spam break/pressure point. Once.

It'll be super useful in the boss rush soon. I was thinking I'd use Iai Strike on the Guardians, because I don't want to hone Death for something this small.

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »

It'll be super useful in the boss rush soon. I was thinking I'd use Iai Strike on the Guardians, because I don't want to hone Death for something this small.

Having death R2 isn't a bad idea anyway, it saves you from having to instantly S/L to try to get it to proc at the start of a ham fight (also it saves you from having to S/L immediately if its a mid fight Death)

• Options
    The only FFX weapon I have worth a damn is a Nodachi++ (fake 6* samurai sword), which is still better with synergy than anything else I have, it just won't be as nice as the FFVII synergy I've got.

Considering pumping some growth eggs into Auron though to use him as my retaliator for higher level fights, at least in this event, instead of Cloud. At 65 he would be a bit stronger than Cloud, but the +10 synergy would push him well over and he has 3* support which is nice for a 'free' break slot.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    The Fencing Sword they give away has pretty good stats after you factor in the synergy bonus

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    I was pleasantly surprised at the damage I was putting out with a Warrior's Sword++. This is why you keep every 4 you get!

• Options
    edited October 2015
    The Fencing Sword they give away has pretty good stats after you factor in the synergy bonus

I'll have to check after I get the second one what the atk will be, I'm suspecting with only one + it won't beat the Blitz Sword+ I've got (116 atk, VIII) that Tidus is using, but it'll probably be close with synergy. Still not better than the nodachi, but would make tidus a bit stronger.

I'm guessing a prior event gave this same sword so folks who did it before can ++ it?

EDIT: Also would it be worthwhile to craft a maduin when i already have a valifor; or focus on waiting to hone valifor? With summoning RM2 I could use both to easily clear 2 rounds of trash in almost every stage, and they'd refill, and that's mighty appealing.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited October 2015

I'll have to check after I get the second one what the atk will be, I'm suspecting with only one + it won't beat the Blitz Sword+ I've got (116 atk, VIII) that Tidus is using, but it'll probably be close with synergy. Still not better than the nodachi, but would make tidus a bit stronger.

I'm guessing a prior event gave this same sword so folks who did it before can ++ it?

EDIT: Also would it be worthwhile to craft a maduin when i already have a valifor; or focus on waiting to hone valifor? With summoning RM2 I could use both to easily clear 2 rounds of trash in almost every stage, and they'd refill, and that's mighty appealing.

Hone Valefor. It lets your summoner do extra stuff for when you finally get to bosses and will perform better on multi-enemy boss battles (which we're going to see a few of in FFXII) since you can still put out damage and have a second skill. I also don't think there's a big call for Major Wind Orbs, but I could be wrong.

A duck! on
  • Options
    Sounds good.

Why does the upcoming banner site (not official) say mog/edward will likely be skipped?

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Sounds good.

Why does the upcoming banner site (not official) say mog/edward will likely be skipped?

We already have them from the soul break celebration..

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Sounds good.

We already have them from the soul break celebration..

Yeah, but no MCs!

EDIT: is there any reason to do anything other than Fabul Castle for RM2's that are "any battle", if I am not in the mood with dealing with <character> in real battles?

EDIT EDIT: I think it's about time to replace Sabin as my general use 'breaker', as breakdowns are becoming more and more necessary and that's basically all I use him for anyway, and he has no celerity. Maybe even time to use someone other than Tyro, but man is it nice to have him use whatever filler bullshit ability I need for <stage>

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Wait, you're still using Sabin and Tyro?

welltheresyourproblem.jpg

• Options
    Lately I've been running Wakka with Magic Breakdown and Boost, and Squall with Power Break and Tempo Flurry as my buff/debuffers. Then a Samurai with relevant Realm Synergy weapon, Vivi, destroyer of worlds, and a healer of some kind.

• Options
    EDIT: is there any reason to do anything other than Fabul Castle for RM2's that are "any battle", if I am not in the mood with dealing with <character> in real battles?

Well, getting a RM2 is essentially farming for a chest drop from an enemy. The more enemies you fight, the better your chances. If I remember right:

-Fabul Castle is 2 enemies for 1 stamina
    -Mist Cave is 6 enemies for 2 stamina
    -I don't remember how many enemies there are, but I remember crunching the numbers for Vector in VI, and I'm pretty sure it was the exact same enemy/stamina ratio as Mist Cave. So 18 enemies for 6 stamina I guess.

Whichever one you want to do is your choice. Just remember it's more about the sheer tedious effort, tapping the screen to advance the menus. So you might want something you don't have to pay attention to as much.

• Options
    My Retaliate party lately has been Cloud, Thancred (Tempo, Boost, bow), Wakka (Double Cut, Breakdown, bow), Eiko/Vivi/Red XIII based on boss, Y'shtola (Shellga or Protectga / Curaga or Breakdown).

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Is quake the only earth damage skill?

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »
    Wait, you're still using Sabin and Tyro?

welltheresyourproblem.jpg

Well Sabin just happened to be one of the first characters I had a MC for, has high health, decent damage, breaks and also happens to be one of the only characters I have a SB relic for and the AoE fire attack has actually helped me a ton.

Tyro is 100% my booster and whatever random ability (often intimidate or whatever a silly medal requirement is I don't want to put on anyone else), so replacing him with someone else is going to require they do the same with functionally not a ton of other usefulness. I don't rely on him for any damage at all, he just punches Cloud and has relics that give me a 'free' shellga/protectga in the random times I need them and don't have them on Selphie.

I've actually done really well with the party, and more often than not when I stress about some event EX, it ends up being far easier than I expect, and just haven't felt the need to change things up.

I missed the boat on Wakkas MC, and I really don't like not having an RM on a character that isn't getting XP anyway. Feels like a waste. I could probably replace Sabin with Sazh, but I only have a single useless gun (whatever the gimmie gun in the XIII event was), so I'd be losing a lot of damage that Sabin otherwise brings when he's breaking things. Wakka would definitely be my go-to otherwise.

I'm currently using Rinoa for my black mage, because she has a nice skill set and I don't have Vivi's MC so she's more powerful than he is for me. Selphie is my WHM but mainly for trabias light, which allows me heals without bringing cure in some harder fights to give me a bit of breathing room. I replace her with Aerith when a fight has enemies susceptible to stop/silence because of her SB. I'd like Yuna, but again, no MC and I can't use any mages anymore that can't take a RM; the free ability use is too valuable. Eiko actually might be a better fit now that I'm finally getting enough orbs to actually make summons, but then I'd have to choose between WHM or SMN RM2's for her. I guess I could hone Kirin and have that and Valifor on her with SMN RM2 and use Kirin at the top of every stage for a constant regen. No big heals but since a lot of the EX stuff seems to be burns anyway, might not be a big deal.

Tyro and Sabin are really my only free leeway (except maybe replacing Auron in for Cloud if I decide to use eggs on him for the event) for switching characters out. If I had any luck with SB relics, it'd make my choice a lot easier. I'd have loved either Thancred or Y'shtolas relics from the event but nope. Without them both are fine, but neither really shine. Tempo is nice though, I very well might replace Tyro with Thancred anyway for that. I don't have much in the way of decent ranged weapons except for a FFVIII chakram relic, but that's on Rinoa because of the high Magic, so he'd probably have to be front line to have him in any way useful for damage (and if he's not, I have no real reason to replace Tyro with him, as I'd have to sacrifice a lot of eggs to make him high level).

So yeah, dunno. the tl;dr is kind of a 'don't rock the boat' situation for me, what I've got has worked well so far, mastering fully almost all of the most recent several events.

• Options
    Lost a few medals on Schizo (2 damage, one action) but maxed all the others so easily got mastery on the bosh rush for Zacks event.

Probably could have done it losing less if I used a mythril first, but I went in low on magic breaks and took a shell-ga only aoe attack late in the battle.

On to Proudclad!

guess I need to get Zack survivable. :lol: I can actually probably swap out Sabin for him this fight.

This discussion has been closed.