Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    That's me and Psychonauts! Stupid twisted fence at the end!

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    ALSO!

if you'll look to the side, you'll see i have several skeletons (and even a genuine Skellington) as my avatar...

You guys play a lot of games any good skeletons missing from there?

@21stCentury

Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness maybe?

xv5ohylddk7j.jpg

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Stalfos?

latest?cb=20090328233112

I mean, there are several incarnations, but this one was most unique to my memory.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    My son has his own Steam account now - without a credit card assigned to it. He also has access to my library on his laptop through family share if I'm not using it or using my desktop. My PC does have my credit card info stored, but so far he's never bought anything without permission and now that he's 11 it's not likely to happen by accident.

I will say the lack of parent/child support on digital platforms annoys me. I can't play Minecraft locally across the house from my son because we only bought one account. We both had to buy Binding of Isaac on our 3ds's. I can't share my Google Play Music with him. I get that it's supposed to replicate a physical copy, but it still feels crappy to have to buy two copies of everything that we both like.

Stuff used to come with LAN copies. I'd love to see support for PC local multiplayer like that. If I've got another computer and my son wants to play Gauntlet with me it would be really cool if family sharing allowed for us both to be logged in and playing my one copy - particularly since it supports local coop (at least on the PS4).

It would be really cool if Steam could tweak family share to work on multiple copies from the same IP, where two people could play Gauntlet at the same time, from the same account, from two unique computers coming from the same home IP address.

That will probably never happen. But if it did, I could call up the gang to VPN over to my place to play some Gauntlet. It would just be like old times renting a copy of the game for sleepovers, except we're on opposite sides of the planet.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    There's also that guy from Abyss Odyssey, if we're just listing video game skeletons now

latest?cb=20140622153033

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    How about this skeleton dude?

Spoilered because big:

maxresdefault.jpg

Quical on
    NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    My son has his own Steam account now - without a credit card assigned to it. He also has access to my library on his laptop through family share if I'm not using it or using my desktop. My PC does have my credit card info stored, but so far he's never bought anything without permission and now that he's 11 it's not likely to happen by accident.

I will say the lack of parent/child support on digital platforms annoys me. I can't play Minecraft locally across the house from my son because we only bought one account. We both had to buy Binding of Isaac on our 3ds's. I can't share my Google Play Music with him. I get that it's supposed to replicate a physical copy, but it still feels crappy to have to buy two copies of everything that we both like.

Stuff used to come with LAN copies. I'd love to see support for PC local multiplayer like that. If I've got another computer and my son wants to play Gauntlet with me it would be really cool if family sharing allowed for us both to be logged in and playing my one copy - particularly since it supports local coop (at least on the PS4).

It would be really cool if Steam could tweak family share to work on multiple copies from the same IP, where two people could play Gauntlet at the same time, from the same account, from two unique computers coming from the same home IP address.

That will probably never happen. But if it did, I could call up the gang to VPN over to my place to play some Gauntlet. It would just be like old times renting a copy of the game for sleepovers, except we're on opposite sides of the planet.

If your gang is only one other person and one of you has a GeForce 660 or higher (I think) then you can use the nvidia share service which apparently works pretty well according to some people here

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Hey all, thanks to everyone who donated for my 24 hour marathon so far, it's in just two weeks! I'm already over $200 and received my Extra Life incentive shirt today!

jk68ggvejfw5.png

Also, looks like nothing's changed over the last week in terms of most wanted game from PA G&T:

whu1ndiq7p93.png

Just as your weekly reminder, donate at least $5 and be entered into a raffle to win $60 in Steam bucks. You'll also be entered to win a free copy of the most wanted game on my friend's wishlist (to be determined on the 17th). It's looking a lot like Fallout 4. That's a $120 value for only donating $5 to helping the sick kids over at CHOP! Do iiiiiiiiiiiit!

P.S. Most donators so far have opted out of the raffles, so chances are good that you'll win. :winky: Donations will be accepted until the end of October, but the contest will end on October 26th for both prizes. You do not have to enter the raffles if you'd like to be classy and sassy.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    @21stCentury Of course, no list of video game skeletons is complete without your Ol' Pal Jeffrey the skeleton from Roundabout!

e9ZnOG9.gif

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Remember Me is pretty great, you guys.

i don't know why so many people tell me it sucks. The combat might be a bit dull at times and lack some variety, but... Everything else is so good! it more than makes up for it.

(I'm at episode 5, though. Maybe the whole games goes to shit later on?)

I liked it a lot too! If I had one complaint it was that the environment was really neat and i wanted to explore a lot more, but the game doesn't let you backtrack once you leave a section of a level.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    There are quite a few reanimated skeletons in gaming.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    There's Vamos, the skeleton blacksmith in Dark Souls.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

There's that one level in Diablo.

clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The Skeleton King from Diablo / HOTS is pretty distinct with his crown and shoulderpads

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

For our next trick, we should compile a list of games featuring explosive barrels

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

For our next trick, we should compile a list of games featuring explosive barrels

Was Doom the first? Probably not, but it was my first experience of exploding barrels. They might make no sense, but they are never not fun!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Just got back from dinner with the folks to see another gift from @Karoz

53wf25jfytbr.png

That one has been on the wishlist for a while (June 22nd, 2012). Lego games for the Lego throne!

Thank you!

• Options
    AngiKateAngiKate Registered User regular
    @Kalnaur Thank you for the Halloween games.
    kjiwj3fjr9z5.jpg

I'll play as soon as this holiday craft fair is over. (Undead creatures will be on both sides of the keyboard.)

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Thread needs some mood music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_v9H24PfY

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »

Was Doom the first? Probably not, but it was my first experience of exploding barrels. They might make no sense, but they are never not fun!
    They are filled with radioactive waste.

It makes perfect sense for that to be explosive.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

There were exploding barrels in Donkey Kong. Pretty sure that's at least a decade older than Doom. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Apparently it was the game dnd, way back in 1975

Also the first game to feature bosses!

• Options
    I meant moreso the concept of having dangerous explosive barrels scattered around, and not just in Doom. Seems a little bit dangerous to me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

They are filled with radioactive waste.

It makes perfect sense for that to be explosive.

Apparently, this was actually done at a California industrial site sometime in the 80s:
    In 1989, a DOE investigation found widespread chemical and radioactive contamination on the property. Widely publicized in the local press, the revelations led to substantial concern among community members and elected officials, resulting in a challenge to and subsequent shutdown of continued nuclear activity at the site, and the filing of lawsuits. Cleanup commenced, and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) was brought in at the request of local legislators to provide oversight.

On December 11, 2002, a top Department of Energy (DOE) official, Mike Lopez, described typical clean-up procedures executed by Field Lab employees in the past. Workers would dispose of barrels filled with highly toxic waste by shooting the barrels with rifles so that they would explode and release their contents into the air. It is unclear when this process ended, but for certain did end prior to the 1990s.[27]

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    My wife, who is a shark fan, just found out about Depth. I told her to wait for it to be cheaper.

ARK was starting to wear a bit, until last night when I stayed up all hours of the night taming a critter and realized that one of the facets of the game I've been lax in doing more recently, taming, was what I was missing.

I think it's the immense time it takes to tame that really gets me in some instances.

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    That's awesome and terrible at the same time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    My wife, who is a shark fan, just found out about Depth. I told her to wait for it to be cheaper.

It's 66% off right now.

Sure, maybe it'll go 75% off during the winter sale and you can save another $2 but... really? It's a great game and worth the current price [plus some].

Did I mention it's a great game? Because it is. Eating divers was never this much fun.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

ARK was starting to wear a bit, until last night when I stayed up all hours of the night taming a critter and realized that one of the facets of the game I've been lax in doing more recently, taming, was what I was missing.

I think it's the immense time it takes to tame that really gets me in some instances.

Depth is really awesome and it looks like they spiced things up by randomizing treasure spawn locations (before the divers were on a pretty rote path to maximize moneys for better guns).

@Kalnaur, @AngiKate is your wife correct? I may need to friend her....for reasons.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Well that doesnt sound creepy in the slightest. :p

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

It's 66% off right now.

Sure, maybe it'll go 75% off during the winter sale and you can save another $2 but... really? It's a great game and worth the current price [plus some].

Did I mention it's a great game? Because it is. Eating divers was never this much fun.

Depth is a pretty awesome game, and I say that after only playing a few rounds of it with me, myself, and I (and the aI). It seems to me like a fantastic game for getting the max number of players (divers and sharks both) together in a voice chat and just having a grand ol time.
    :biggrin:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I meant moreso the concept of having dangerous explosive barrels scattered around, and not just in Doom. Seems a little bit dangerous to me.

Red barrels always make me roll my eyes. It's such a automatic thing in shooters and it almost never makes any sense.

"...and this is where we keep our highly combustible chemical agents."
    'Here, sir? At a military checkpoint on the road? Right next to the machine gun nest?'
    "Well where the bloody hell else do you suppose we'd put it? In the general's quarters? I'm not sure you're cut out for military life, son."

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Look man, we tried cleaning up the glowy shit. It was priority number 1 for awhile. But then we built this teleporter and demons from hell started pouring out and priority number 1 became not getting eaten by scary things.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Red barrels always make me roll my eyes. It's such a automatic thing in shooters and it almost never makes any sense.

'Here, sir? At a military checkpoint on the road? Right next to the machine gun nest?'
    "Well where the bloody hell else do you suppose we'd put it? In the general's quarters? I'm not sure you're cut out for military life, son."
    concerned062.jpg

• Options
    Explosive barrels, they may be among the most nonsensical game mechanics, but they have also brought us so much joy.

Also, PSA, Telltale is having a massive sale this weekend. I picked up Tales From The Borderlands. Even if you haven't played Borderlands, the humour is still pretty strong, and there aren't too many references to the main series. Each episode has a great soundtrack intro and outtro.

One of the few games in the past few years to make me tear up.
    Catch a ride!!!! I hope that's not canon :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

concerned062.jpg

I want to hear this voice acted.

Thank you @an_alt for HuniePop, it will be fun to play as I stockpile children's books for the next 5 years. 2020 will see me roll up like Prince Ali, mighty is he, Ali Ababua.

• Options
    So, from @destroyah87:

8hzq0r5h14bn.jpg

Noted, good sir, noted.

• Options
    AngiKateAngiKate Registered User regular
    Okay, so you guys are at the same time excellent and evil.
    7wntw7yicdxt.jpg

There was plotting behind the scenes: so thanks goes to @destroyah87 (who achieved giftdom) and @Karoz (who attempted giftdom but his efforts were thwarted). Be warned - when I can actually sit down and play this game in November, I will find you, and I will nom you. (^^^)

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Just got back from dinner with the folks to see another gift from @Karoz

53wf25jfytbr.png

That one has been on the wishlist for a while (June 22nd, 2012). Lego games for the Lego throne!

Thank you!
    You can get the third one for under 5 on funstock right now.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Since we're hyping unique FPS games, Lead and Gold might be fun for a FNG'ing.

• Options
    I reinstalled Remember Me and I totally blame somebody in this thread.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.