Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Jeix wrote: »
    I think my favorite FMV game was the X-Files game. I barely remember it now but I rented it once on PlayStation and had a pretty good time with it.

I never did play that one. That was one of those 4-CD jobs, wasn't it?

I think the most CDs I recall was Phantasmagoria, Roberta Williams' notorious horror adventure, which was 7 CDs.

I have great nostalgic memories of Ripper with Christopher Walken and music by Blue Oyster Cult. It was 6 CDs.
    I'm afraid if I went back to it now my memory of it would be tarnished.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Just finished up Celestian Tales: The Old North. It was alright, the characters were solid and they really went hard for the Game of Thrones inspired feudal politicking. Dunno if I'd recommend it, though. Probably doesn't help that I played FFV and Trails in the Sky right before this, but it just feels like if you're gonna put the time into a JRPG type game, there are much better games to choose from (that are even on Steam!). Still, not too shabby.

Probably gonna lay low the rest of the weekend from gaming and watch some anime and football.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Oh son of a
    Isobel,

I am told you are an adventurer of some skill. I require your abilities for a certain assignment. You will be well compensated.

-Isan, Court Wizard to Leofric II, Duke of Kendrickstone.

No goddamnit, no!

edit: Whelp, that's done. I can assure everyone here that their faith in me as an adventurer and a hero were impossibly misplaced and my favoured belt knife is now wedged neatly into the side of my neck as I bleed to death in the frozen tundra. GG Duke of Kendrickstone, for sending a young girl who hasn't even been in your city a whole year to face-off alone against a goddamned wizard while a garrison of your knights piss about. I hope your inflamed city keeps you warm for a little while.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Thanks for the ride, @Heatwave. This game has been comically accommodating to my unrealistic wishes

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    If we're talking skulls, Murray from The Curse of Monkey Island.
    X1Ilqwr.png

Jazz on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Calaca from Guacamelee?

He has a hat!

228px-CalacaCarlos.jpg

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Has Sir Daniel Fortesque been mentioned?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    What in the fuck in wrong with Steam this morning? I can't get it to do anything.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Sekhmet is a unique and interesting skeleton from Skullgirls.

i drew Sekhmet and she was in the rotation, but i didn't like how she turned out at all.
    tkkuydQ.png
    Jazz wrote: »
    If we're talking skulls, Murray from The Curse of Monkey Island.
    X1Ilqwr.png

He'd probably look very similar to Morte and i think i'll do Morte after all... There's room for exactly one generic-looking skull.

Very generic head, sorry. :(
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Calaca from Guacamelee?

He has a hat!

228px-CalacaCarlos.jpg

I like that one, adding him to the rotation! :)
    Has Sir Daniel Fortesque been mentioned?

Already in the rotation!
    x2iafvY.png

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    How's about Gravelord Nito?

Morte does have the advantage over all normal skulls in that he has his eyes still, and he has his portrait expression that I imagine a lot of people will recognize.

Does Emil from Nier count? I'm not really sure what he's supposed to be.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Everything seems to be working now. Lets fire up space monger and.......
    LgRk9WY.png16 gigs of logs? I'm back up to double digits of free space, but still.

When's the last time you formatted?

Re format what?

• Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Tom Guycot - Clash At Demonhead
    Ghost Rider or Red Skull - Marvel games
    Death/Grim Reaper - Castlevania (there's a lot of skull/skeleton stuff in that franchise)
    Skullomania - Street Fighter EX
    Nightbane - World of Warcraft (Karazhan raid boss)

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Thanks @ReverseCreations for Tales of Zesty Sauce. At this point he's probably contributed a couple percentage points to that pre-order bonus.

• Options
    Tales of Zesty Sauce sounds dirty.

• Options
    Xseed employee posted on Neogaf that Trails in the Sky Second Chapter is more or less done with QA, which effectively means the PC version is ready for release, as now they just have to do something called "master testing" for the PSP version, and once that is finished the PC version should release.

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Damnit @ReverseCreations ! yes it's been a while but it needs to be a while longer! A good three quarters of a year longer! Stand down.

txvl04loojxq.png

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    How's about Gravelord Nito?

Morte does have the advantage over all normal skulls in that he has his eyes still, and he has his portrait expression that I imagine a lot of people will recognize.

Does Emil from Nier count? I'm not really sure what he's supposed to be.

OH SHIIIIIT!

Great suggestions for additions to the Spooky Scary Skeleton Crew (Hiding inside your skin!)
    Coffey wrote: »
    Tom Guycot - Clash At Demonhead
    Ghost Rider or Red Skull - Marvel games
    Death/Grim Reaper - Castlevania (there's a lot of skull/skeleton stuff in that franchise)
    Skullomania - Street Fighter EX
    Nightbane - World of Warcraft (Karazhan raid boss)

Hmm, good suggestions too. But i'll pass on the Grim Reaper. First off, Generic Death is a bit Generic, second off, Specter Knight is basically death already.

4rq465yvkjzu.png

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Xseed employee posted on Neogaf that Trails in the Sky Second Chapter is more or less done with QA, which effectively means the PC version is ready for release, as now they just have to do something called "master testing" for the PSP version, and once that is finished the PC version should release.

"Master Testing" is what thy call certifications testing, i believe.

Basically, for a game to come out on a console or handheld, it needs to have the equivalent of a Nintendo official seal of quality from the company who makes the console.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Everything seems to be working now. Lets fire up space monger and.......
    LgRk9WY.png16 gigs of logs? I'm back up to double digits of free space, but still.

When's the last time you formatted?

Re format what?

Heh, I know, right.

I'm pretty sure the last time I reformatted was my 486 in the mid-'90s.

I should do it to my old 2008-era laptop, that poor thing struggles badly now. C2D CPU, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD 3450 w/256MB, Vista. It'd still be a perfectly competent web-browse-y machine and it did pretty well with older games (Mass Effect 2 was probably the hardest I pushed it). Its biggest problem is that its DVD drive conked out ages ago so I'd either have to use an external if possible or reinstall Windows from USB. And at that point my mind shuts off and puts the whole thing on the back burner.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Quick reminder, last day of the Fallout New Vegas giveaway.

signature.png

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Steam's acting up so I don't think I can do this Spec Ops stream like I planned. Hmm, wonder if I have a Twitch account.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Yup, Steam's boned for me, trying to buy the Assetto Corsa DLC and it just keeps timing out on me.

• Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    Community ultra traffic :biggrin:

• Options
    Okay, got stream set up on Twitch. I'll be starting at 10 AM PST, so in about half an hour.

"Spec Ops: The Line" played completely blind and probably kind of badly, you know you want to see that.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Okay, got stream set up on Twitch. I'll be starting at 10 AM PST, so in about half an hour.

"Spec Ops: The Line" played completely blind and probably kind of badly, you know you want to see that.

You're still a good person.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    How long are you streaming for @madican I'll try and catch some of it if I'm home soon enough

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'll be going for at least 2-3 hours, maybe more. Not really sure since this'll be my first time really streaming something on a schedule.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Cool, I'm at pub with my dad now but I should be back in time to watch some

Are you madican on twitch too?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I am, yeah. Had to stop it again though. For some reason everything is super dark around me and I can't see anything clearly except for NPC's. So I'll need to fix that issue before trying again.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Okay! I think I found the problem. Verified the integrity of the game and Steam said 160 files were missing or corrupted. Yup! So I'm redownloading it and I'll try streaming either in the afternoon or tomorrow, after making sure everything's alright. And here I thought the worst I'd have to do was wrangle with broadcasting software.

Madican on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I am, yeah. Had to stop it again though. For some reason everything is super dark around me and I can't see anything clearly except for NPC's. So I'll need to fix that issue before trying again.

It's for the best. A strange game, the only winning move is not to play.

• Options
    Just had an idea. Quite like how it came out.

y19ko539mj7e.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Spec Ops is fixed. Resuming broadcast at 11 AM PST and going for an hour. You can find me on Twitch under the username of Madican.

Madican on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Anyone streamed directly from their Nvidia card? Anyone know if that is solid?

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is bloody awesome. Though I think it needs more than one person on the manual side of things, especially as the difficulty increases. Me and my GF have been playing, her on the bomb defusing and me with the manual and we had been doing fine until we hit a password module, then it all went to shit. We did it the second time, but I think having a person figuring that out while another works through other modules with the bomb person makes it so much easier.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Remember Me is pretty great, you guys.

i don't know why so many people tell me it sucks. The combat might be a bit dull at times and lack some variety, but... Everything else is so good! it more than makes up for it.

(I'm at episode 5, though. Maybe the whole games goes to shit later on?)

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Nah, it just had too much hype/isn't some peoples cup of tea. It's pretty much fine.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I ragequit on it during one platforming sequence I just couldn't get through, even after watching youtube clips of it. But otherwise, yeah, it was a pretty great game. Loved Nilin and the story - especially the backstory you don't get in game, only in Antoine's interactive online journal, which was amazingly well done and now seems to be dead.

Basically it's the 100-year prequel to the game. Or, as the devs have suggested, the game is just the last chapter of a 100-year story.

Here's the link anyway, in case it's only momentarily dead: http://journal.remembermegame.com/en/
    It's definitely worth giving some time to.
    http://dontnodentertainment.wikia.com/wiki/Antoine's_Journal

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    And stream over for today. I think I need to do some work on the audio portion of streaming now, because listening to the recording everything seems to echo and my voice is completely garbled.

This discussion has been closed.