As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic launching the 13th of August!

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is the beam staff conflag? Or another staff type I haven't seen yet?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Morkath wrote: »
    Is the beam staff conflag? Or another staff type I haven't seen yet?

It's its own distinct type(specifically called Beam Staff, or something along those lines). Primary fire is a shotgun style cone blast directly in front of you, secondary is a channeled beam that does steady damage and applies a stacking burn.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Apparently there are Skaven Grimoires hidden in the level(s). Picking one up occupies your buff potion slot, and if you ever pick up a buff potion again you drop the grimoire and it cannot be picked up again.

Holding one reduces everyone's max HP by 25%, but gives you a shiny green die with 100% successes. The initial level, the Magnus' Horn one, has two grimoires. I've only found one so far.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    I had two of those skaven grimoires and only being at 25% max health was intense on the last horn fight, but the ai bugged out the same way the npcs do and most skaven just stood there. Think I had two skaven grimoires and two regular tomes that give better dice. Only got a green item that had ammo regen or life leech. Fun, but takes a while to get some thing actually useful. Or was that my token/relic drop where I resurrect faster? :(

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    This is basically Diablo, isn't it? I'm fucked

LV07QLE.jpg

Possible range on that trait was 10-30%. My other green is a hand cannon for the Dwarf, as well; guess I'm playing Dwarf for a while.

Edit: Just got a new green hand cannon;

dYwV2tQ.jpg?1

Look at how much damage it does per shot! The biggest downside is it's single shot with a long reload time, but it one-shots specials and armored dudes. And now it pierces 82% of the time. Lol.

Rius on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I have never seen a Tome or Grimoire on Smugglers Run, are there any?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Don't think so; it's such a short level.

• Options
    I think the Dwarf is going to be my go-to guy. His ranged weapons are beefy cannons and that mace/shield combo I have is perfect for sitting in doorways and holding off hordes while the rest of the team sends nukes over my head. That's so completely satisfying and it happens half a dozen times each map =)

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    I had to watch a stream. Now I have this in my cart. Someone tell me this sucks. Please.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    It sucks. That you aren't playing yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Aumni wrote: »
    I had to watch a stream. Now I have this in my cart. Someone tell me this sucks. Please.

I can tell you to go to GMGMID-SEASON-25PERC to get -25% on top of your -10%

It also only has 3 maps in the beta, and playing with pugs is a much bigger risk then L4D because recovery is more limited and it has actual rewards which makes a loss sting more.

• Options
    Downloading. We have a steam group for this?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I now own this. After missing Warhammer Online's grim atmosphere for so long, getting to return to the streets of the Empire and putting the fear of Karl Franz into rodents is fucking fantastic.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Ok so this game is really tedious with newbies without mics. Endlessly wandering around, doubling back, while hordes upon hordes spawn, and in the end you wipe on the event. 3 of these in a row kinda make for a sour experience.

• Options
    Me and Aumni are starting a game in about 5-10mins, join in for some coordinated rat slaying

• Options
    Yeah it screams out for coordinated parties of friends, especially with loot drops only on successful runs. Won't be doing much pubbing if I can avoid it.

Plus, "Always On" character outlines and VoIP are turned off by default. What the fuck, that makes this game much harder.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I have never seen a Tome or Grimoire on Smugglers Run, are there any?
    The easiest way to check for Tomes and Grimoires on a map is achievements. If the map has achievements for finding them all you know they're there. Maps like smuggler's, withoout them, don't have them.

Might change after release but going into release that should hold true.

Oh, and if you get the bug where moving the launcher's window makes the start game button unselectable, disappearing below your screen and constantly moving back to that posistion, hit tab six times then press enter. That should highlight the start game option. If it doesn't try to see what did pop up and count how many times you need to tab through all the options to highlight start game.

Column on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Saltzpyre's flamberge is pretty good at keeping people safe if you have the knockback unlocked on it via Forge.

Slightly awkward compared to the rapier - but if you can get the timing down the Heavy strikes are effective.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    So I just found this.

This speaks to me on so many levels. Downloading now.

• Options
    Played a few games with Sky/Sander/Rius. GGs.

I look forward to jumping down into packs of those armored guys with a hook in the middle more often. Next time we should try double grimoire runs on hard. Then super hard. Then brutal hard.

• Options
    At some point friendly fire turns on *shiver*

And yeah double grimoire / 3 tome runs are are harsh. Even on Map 1, which can't have a ratogre at the end of the map (unlike map3), your margin of error becomes slim.
    We talked about it a lot but honestly the moment everything went pearshaped on the last run was.... 4 seconds. I spot an armored rat on the stairs, dodge backwards but apparently not perfectly, mark him, and switch to my grenade, take a stab to the eye and go down, the camera spins around a bit, the gas dude spawns and everyone is dead.

• Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    At some point friendly fire turns on *shiver*

And yeah double grimoire / 3 tome runs are are harsh. Even on Map 1, which can't have a ratogre at the end of the map (unlike map3), your margin of error becomes slim.
    We talked about it a lot but honestly the moment everything went pearshaped on the last run was.... 4 seconds. I spot an armored rat on the stairs, dodge backwards but apparently not perfectly, mark him, and switch to my grenade, take a stab to the eye and go down, the camera spins around a bit, the gas dude spawns and everyone is dead.
    That happens way too much with gas guys. They're either completely useless and might not even get a gas attack out, or they blanket an area you can't see through and can keep it up forever with little you can do about it if you're on Hard or above because of how much damage the gas does trying to move through it. Losing Hard+ difficulty runs purely because the gas guy spawns at the top of the sewer exit at the end of the smuggler map, and never moves and never ceases tossing gas that kills about as fast as you climb the ladder, is lame.

Hook guy, the pack leader or pack rat, something like that, needs a minor change too. I think it's the only enemy in the game other than a rat ogre able to ignore knockback. You can watch him come along but if you can't kill it in one hit, since he won't stagger, you get grabbed. Even the assassin staggers since you can knock it out of the air, dodge the leap unlike the hook, etc.

• Options
    Man, need a group that will hold the fucking stairs during the tower waves when I tell them to hold the stairs. No, you do not run up the platform to attack the ones that jumped in from above, you leave those to the other teammates. Hold the fucking stairs.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    This game is baller. Also, you can goose the horn fight by sitting on the horn.

I've been waiting for so long for this game. And it's here. I need to play more and now all I have to wait for is Deathwing.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to get some games going just msg me on steam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ahhhh this is fun.

We should get a Steam name list going in the OP.

• Options
    Nightmare 's been a disaster today the two times it popped. Didn't seem like many people were running it earlier either, maybe due to the friendly fire on ranged damage, who knows, but Hard's been decent. More wipes due to absolutely terrible luck on where and when special rats spawn than total incompetence like on Normal and Easy. Most of my parties on Hard understood you have to keep moving forward, there's no end to the rats, and the longer you're in the map the more special rats spawn capable of wiping the party easily. Even if we didn't stack the entire map to cheese the AI people would stay relatively close to everyone else too for a nice change of pace.

The bots use your equipment if you click the private box, possibly use the host's equipment in general but haven't tested that yet. Down to things like the trinkets it looks like too. I finally got one with a 2% chance to poison on attack, emits a little cloud like the Hagbane bow and seems to one shot anything it hits short of a rat ogre on Hard and lower. Pretty sure my bots were proc 'ing it as I did some private loot runs on the smuggler map.

Taking advantage of that, mainly for the trinket and high damage single shot ranged weapons (crossbows, arquebus, longbow/trueshot bow, etc.) for special monsters, makes the smuggler map a joke. Barring you getting caught by a special rat at the end causing the bots to lose their minds, basically the area when you need to climb out of the sewer to run the coach, you can get some quick and easy speed runs going with the bots. They stack on you very well more often than not unless they go after a special Skaven, so you can cheese the AI by keeping them stacked on top of you any time there's a horde. Horn blows, find a corner, get the bots stacked on you, and the rat horde just sort of stands there sending in two or three rats at a time to die. Both times you have to cut the rope so the gate slowly drops before moving on if you stack up in the corner immediately to the right of dropping down, first time in a true corner, second time on the broken remains of the steps, the bots will stack on you and you can deal with the rats no problem at all. They normally take care of the gatling gun rat quick enough it's no issue, and you're stacked up for assassins, hooks, etc., but gas can make things a pain sometimes when it catches you grouped.

I've been doing that to farm whites on Normal and Easy to feed the forge for greens when good Hard parties break up or after two or three bad parties in a row. Won't be getting any orange gear anytime soon speed running like that, but getting a nice stockpile of whites and slowly replacing things with greens without needing to rely on PUGs going into release is just fine.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Uh, just dled this and am wanting to slay things. Steam name is same as on forum. Pugs will probably make me sad.

• Options
    So, if you do Normal Magnus and get 1 Grimoire, 3 Tomes, you need 6 successes to get a Blue. If you do Normal Magnus and get 1 Grimoire, 2 Tomes, you only need 5 successes to get a Blue.

That's rigged as fuck. Why even pick up that third tome?

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    So, if you do Normal Magnus and get 1 Grimoire, 3 Tomes, you need 6 successes to get a Blue. If you do Normal Magnus and get 1 Grimoire, 2 Tomes, you only need 5 successes to get a Blue.

That's rigged as fuck. Why even pick up that third tome?

The loot column varies between matches, I think it's just because your had a better shot on the first game and weren't so lucky the next game.

• Options
    I'm up for some ratslaying if anyone's around

• Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    I like the game, but the head bob/sway makes me sick =(. I hope they add an option to disable it. I've already set my fov to 100, disabled motion blur and bloom

• Options
    Baske wrote: »
    I like the game, but the head bob/sway makes me sick =(. I hope they add an option to disable it. I've already set my fov to 100, disabled motion blur and bloom
    One thing to keep in mind is the FoV in Vermintide is vertical rather than horizontal.

"Game is set for vertical FOV... 53 = 82H , 59 = 90H , 68 = 100H, and 89 - 120H". Using this seems to match what I've set in other games when looking for a setting I'm happy with. You're not the only one who doesn't like the head bob based on other places I've looked, but at least that thread I linked has its first response from a Fatshark person saying they logged it, so maybe in the future we can disable it entirely if FoV tinkering doesn't work for ya.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Class questionnaire and list added to the OP.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the deal with Witch Hunter having numbers by his sword icon, like guns do for ammo?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Had a few good runs this morning. I keep rolling guns for the witch hunter and the soldier but nothing for my dwarf. :(

But the repeater on the soldier is a blast. Basically a little mini-gun when you need it, rather okay accurate rifle when you don't.

Also transformed some of my whites and got eleven blades.

Good blades that heal on hit but ugh elf.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    vamen wrote: »
    Anyone know what the deal with Witch Hunter having numbers by his sword icon, like guns do for ammo?

@vamen he can shoot a pistol while wielding the rapier; the Alternate Fire (or whatever it's called) keybind shoots it.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Rius wrote: »

@vamen he can shoot a pistol while wielding the rapier; the Alternate Fire (or whatever it's called) keybind shoots it.

Awesome, I had no idea. That's nice, thanks!

So all my experiences with randoms has been negative thus far, which is disappointing. The latest thing is we are trying to get sacks of grain into the coach. I had gotten two all the way over to the coach and was working on a third after I finished on the current swarm with the group. An ogre shows up and between it and the swarm, knock everyone down but me. I make a beeline for the nearest fallen comrade, barely managing to keep myself alive, and they initiate a vote to kick me.

Apparently surviving then trying to revive the group is frowned upon.

My only guess was they wanted me to go for the grain, but there's NO way that would have happened. The two left were the farther ones from the coach and with a tank AND swarm on me? Nope.

vamen on
  • Options
    So far the only weapon I've got the special attack button to work for. I think it's bound to mouse three (scroll click) by default and as far as I can tell the only thing unusable on a controller.

What it is is an ammo counter for the pistol in his left hand. It seems to be an exact copy of the ranged pistols accuracy and damage wise. So push that special attack button and you'll fire a pistol shot with your left hand that's good for taking out a few vanilla skaven at range before headshotting the rest with your rapier.
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Also transformed some of my whites and got eleven blades.

Good blades that heal on hit but ugh elf.
    It might not mean much if you don't like the elf but even on hard the elf and witch hunter shred skaven. The head shot ability on their melee weapon with them make clearing waves super fast before they can even touch you. The aiming seems a little off, I have to aim just above the head of a skaven but even on hard it's an instant head slice with the basic attacks of the rapier, dual daggers, and dagger and sword. With how fast you can get the rapier and elf's sword and dagger set attacking I'm preferring those to having to dodge at the end of every two hander swing to make sure I don't get hit incase I miss something in the mass of rats I'm swinging at.

Which is a reason I'm hoping someone goes through the files to see exactly how some of the stuff works. It looks like a headshot is more damage no matter what, but does the headshot affix add even more damage, just add a better head slicing visual, or do something else entirely.