Options

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic launching the 13th of August!

• Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    Column wrote: »
    Baske wrote: »
    I like the game, but the head bob/sway makes me sick =(. I hope they add an option to disable it. I've already set my fov to 100, disabled motion blur and bloom
    One thing to keep in mind is the FoV in Vermintide is vertical rather than horizontal.

"Game is set for vertical FOV... 53 = 82H , 59 = 90H , 68 = 100H, and 89 - 120H". Using this seems to match what I've set in other games when looking for a setting I'm happy with. You're not the only one who doesn't like the head bob based on other places I've looked, but at least that thread I linked has its first response from a Fatshark person saying they logged it, so maybe in the future we can disable it entirely if FoV tinkering doesn't work for ya.

I don't know what FOV I'm usually comfortable playing at, I just set it as high as I could before I started noticing the fish lens effect. I think its probably the sway that is getting me though. I can play console FPS like Destiny and Halo fine without any nausea on the same screen size as Vermintide.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    vamen wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    Anyone know what the deal with Witch Hunter having numbers by his sword icon, like guns do for ammo?

@vamen he can shoot a pistol while wielding the rapier; the Alternate Fire (or whatever it's called) keybind shoots it.

Awesome, I had no idea. That's nice, thanks!

So all my experiences with randoms has been negative thus far, which is disappointing. The latest thing is we are trying to get sacks of grain into the coach. I had gotten two all the way over to the coach and was working on a third after I finished on the current swarm with the group. An ogre shows up and between it and the swarm, knock everyone down but me. I make a beeline for the nearest fallen comrade, barely managing to keep myself alive, and they initiate a vote to kick me.

Apparently surviving then trying to revive the group is frowned upon.

My only guess was they wanted me to go for the grain, but there's NO way that would have happened. The two left were the farther ones from the coach and with a tank AND swarm on me? Nope.

Maybe they were grouped and wanted to play with another friend since they were wiping anyways? *edited with a nicer answer*

Baske on
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the deal with Witch Hunter having numbers by his sword icon, like guns do for ammo?

@vamen he can shoot a pistol while wielding the rapier; the Alternate Fire (or whatever it's called) keybind shoots it.

Awesome, I had no idea. That's nice, thanks!

So all my experiences with randoms has been negative thus far, which is disappointing. The latest thing is we are trying to get sacks of grain into the coach. I had gotten two all the way over to the coach and was working on a third after I finished on the current swarm with the group. An ogre shows up and between it and the swarm, knock everyone down but me. I make a beeline for the nearest fallen comrade, barely managing to keep myself alive, and they initiate a vote to kick me.

Apparently surviving then trying to revive the group is frowned upon.

My only guess was they wanted me to go for the grain, but there's NO way that would have happened. The two left were the farther ones from the coach and with a tank AND swarm on me? Nope.

Maybe they were grouped and wanted to play with another friend since they were wiping anyways? *edited with a nicer answer*

I didn't see your original one, so I'll go with 'maybe' =p

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Hard Mode is appropriately named! It's nice to get Blues with 4+ successes, but it's all the more frustrating when you wipe.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The new hotness is to the end of map 1 under the horn, it's even safer as on top. People are just chainrunning that.
    2 grimoire 3 tome runs are still a bit dicey but once you make it off the rooftops it's nearly trivial.
    There's a lot of crud though, you'd think that after all these games people would know that running forward into a pack of mobs, in the middle of the street, is just going to get you stabbed from all sides. Yet I saw a level 25 do that and go full health to down on no special horde. The basic of hug walls and cover flanks seem pretty trivial.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    @Aumni can you edit the steam name list to say Column for steam name rather than what's there that also screwed up the formatting?

It looks like I'm finally the first name if you search for Column rather than my archaic, original release steam handle I put down.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    The new hotness is to the end of map 1 under the horn, it's even safer as on top. People are just chainrunning that.
    2 grimoire 3 tome runs are still a bit dicey but once you make it off the rooftops it's nearly trivial.
    There's a lot of crud though, you'd think that after all these games people would know that running forward into a pack of mobs, in the middle of the street, is just going to get you stabbed from all sides. Yet I saw a level 25 do that and go full health to down on no special horde. The basic of hug walls and cover flanks seem pretty trivial.

Speaking of which, does anyone know the locs of all the tomes and grimoire's? I know of 1-2 on each map. (Except the sewers)

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Sewers doesn't have anything.

The other two maps have 3 tomes and 2 grimoires apiece, but nobody (at all) has found the second grimoire on Supply Run. Best to just watch a video for the locations; a couple of them are tricky.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Both grimoires for supply run are known. Nobody has found the third tome.

• Options
    Woah, really? I figured it was the other way around.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Sewers has none.

The ones in Tower are:
    Tome1 in the pig sty after the guardhouse
    Grimoire1 in a hidden cellar on the right path just after that, behind bushes. There are more bushes in the cellar you can run through.
    Tome2 in a little church just after that, left of the main path. Just before the barrel event.
    Tome3 is a tricky jump in the inn, just after the one way plank. You walk onto the lamp and then jump into the alcove.
    Grimoire2 you have to enter the room with the small altar just after, last floor before you hit the roof. Then a secret door moves 1 floor lower, in the tiny room with the chest.

• Options
    Woah, really? I figured it was the other way around.

It wouldn't have surprised me because both grimoires require significant abuse of terrain, but no it's the third tome nobody has found yet.

• Options
    Got 3 in a party right now, anyone wanna be #4?

• Options
    edited October 2015
    If the steam chat photo from this link to the fatshark forums is real looks like a Fat shark employee confirmed the third tome is bugged.

Column on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Making tacos then I need to play some more to 'tide' me over.

Ho ho ho.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Just had a game where 1 person set off the horn then jumped back to the platform with the med supplies and the group held out in the ammo room downstairs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Just had a game where 1 person set off the horn then jumped back to the platform with the med supplies and the group held out in the ammo room downstairs.

What? Bwahahaha

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

What? Bwahahaha

I think he popped a speed potion then jumped from where you set off the horn to the one way ledge.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

What? Bwahahaha

I think he popped a speed potion then jumped from where you set off the horn to the one way ledge.

That sounds cool. We just had the below fail because I didn't know you had to throw a bomb into the elevator room, and we had a pubbie who just rushed ahead into a million skaven and my dumb as tried to run after him to rescue him.
    The second pubbie had no voip and happily ran into the patrol, claiming that it didn't exist on his screen.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    This game is pretty great. Got spoiled my first few games with good groups.

Have not found them since. Went ahead and added my name for the group! :)

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    This game makes me reallllly miss WAR (the mmo).
    Have they mentioned if there will be a campaign?

• Options

The achievement progression in Steam definitely implies some sort of story progression, but I doubt the game will be any more than it currently is("choose a mission and go").

• Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Seriously RNGJesus is the devil in this game.

Just running hard mode over and over with some friends on Smugglers, as it tends to be fairly quick and there is a decent chance for blues. I wish I could have rolled about a 2, ever. Saw a Legendary Helmet once! Too bad I will never obtain anything. *whine whine* etc.

I really do enjoy the game. I wish there was a bit more of a "if you play this class there is a good chance for items for your class to be anything above white". When we have 13 maps I think it'll be less annoying - hopefully.

• Options
    Keysier wrote: »
    Seriously RNGJesus is the devil in this game.

Just running hard mode over and over with some friends on Smugglers, as it tends to be fairly quick and there is a decent chance for blues. I wish I could have rolled about a 2, ever. Saw a Legendary Helmet once! Too bad I will never obtain anything. *whine whine* etc.

I really do enjoy the game. I wish there was a bit more of a "if you play this class there is a good chance for items for your class to be anything above white". When we have 13 maps I think it'll be less annoying - hopefully.

Agreed, bias toward the class you play would be nice.

• Options
    Need two more for one last game of Vermintide!

• Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Note: Don't rebind Mouse One

• Options

What? Bwahahaha

Just did a last pub game before I'm gone all next week. We did Hard, 3/2, and did this "strat". And it was so silly easy, especially with a Witch Hunter AND a Waywatcher. I sat on my ass and watched them mow everything down.

The especially dumb bit is you don't even need to go up onto the roof to get into the elevator; just backtrack a few feet and there it is.

bPuLO3F.jpg

There was a pair of orange pistols at 6 successes and a dwarven hat at 7, but I only got 4, and got a blue Conflag Staff for my trouble. I dearly wish I could farm this for the next few days because I suspect by the time I'm back and the game is out of beta it will be patched somehow. Shame.

• Options
    Also, this blue Conflag Staff has what seems to be amazing mods.

Overcharge generated by this weapon is reduced by 10% (fixed)
    Each shot with this weapon has a 15% chance to split into 2 projectiles (5-15%)

Is this good or what?

• Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Picked this up on GMG. With discount and voucher (GMGMID-SEASON-25PERC) was $20.25.

Thanks for letting me know about the deal. I picked it up. People, add me if you would like to play. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I wonder if it would make sense to just make a Steam group rather than adding people individually?

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I wonder if it would make sense to just make a Steam group rather than adding people individually?

That thought crossed my mind last night, though I haven't been upset filling out my friends list a bit. I need to be more social with my game playing...it's so rare I play with anyone. And, as I discovered in the matches I played with you all, it's WAY more fun with people I know... even if I don't know any of you I've played with yet. =p
    I'm sure you get what I mean,

I'm bummer I'll be out of town on release day.

vamen on
  • Options
    Also, this blue Conflag Staff has what seems to be amazing mods.

Overcharge generated by this weapon is reduced by 10% (fixed)
    Each shot with this weapon has a 15% chance to split into 2 projectiles (5-15%)

Is this good or what?
    I got a green staff with the overcharge reduction last time I played and it felt like you could machine gun out a few more fireballs before the notch marks, let alone if you just wanna go Rambo and hold down the button into an entire wave stopping just before you explode.

I've got a green longbow, Black Meadowbow or something Meadowbow, with a 12% chance to split into two arrows. I can't really tell when it splits so it seems sort of meh as a mod if it doesn't have the arrows hit the exact same spot twice. On that staff it'd be fun as hell though for getting your flaming Rambo on.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Blue fireball staff, -10% heat generation and +15% increased attack speed(does affect charging). I can now charge up and throw a fireball and still reliably keep it under the threshold for venting without taking damage. Plus since it's a blue staff it does enough bolt damage to one-shot the little shitrats on hard mode again. burnburnburnburnburn!

Donnicton on
  • Options
    I'm totally torn on the Witch Hunter setup. Stabbing enemies RIGHT in the eyeball with the rapier is sooooooo satisfying.
    But the new two-hand axe I got for him which chops heads off left and right with the quick swing is also very pleasing.

Also, I noticed I could wield a crossbow with him, which seems strange.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Donnicton wrote: »

The achievement progression in Steam definitely implies some sort of story progression, but I doubt the game will be any more than it currently is("choose a mission and go").

Yeah, it's like L4D in that the missions form the story. After a mission you can pick "Next" or "Random" (or go back to the inn).

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Echo wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

Yeah, it's like L4D in that the missions form the story. After a mission you can pick "Next" or "Random" (or go back to the inn).

Ah that's too bad, though I suppose making it play different would be misleading and silly. I just wanted some good lore moments, I guess.

vamen on
  • Options
    Here's some changes after the maintenance.
    Fatshark wrote:
    Beta 0.9.9b
    Changelog:
    -Fixed several exploits on Horn of Magnus
    -Fixed a secret not properly occuring
    -Fixed a crash which could occur if a Loot Rat was alerted by an explosive barrel
    -Fixed a common animation crash
    -Fixed several startup issues
    -Fixed a bug where Rat Ogre would not stop hitting a downed Hero
    -Fixed a bug where pressing X on a controller would do nothing
    -Fixed a crash when inspecting healing supplies

Per the bold note, basically means the third tome on Supply and Demand is working now. We'll be able to see soon enough with Steam's achievement tracker.

Something else unrelated to the notes, finally figured out how to use the pistol when wielding the witch hunter's rapier and a controller. Click the left stick WHILE moving. Clicking left stick without moving zooms out so you can look at your toon. Clicking it while moving shoots the gun, but since you're moving, the accuracy is kind of meh compared to the keyboard and mouse controls letting you fire it standing still.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Is there actually a secret by the statue in the grain level? I only played that level once so far, but the dwarf made a comment about how there was some secret about it that no one knew how to unlock.

vamen on
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Man, the banter between the characters in this game is so good. The bit about the dwarf having so much to drink before leaving the inn that the bright wizard was afraid of igniting his breath had me laughing out loud.

It almost made me forget how dark this game is. When I heard a Raki growl, "Come here, elf bitch!" it freaked me out a bit.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    Man, the banter between the characters in this game is so good. The bit about the dwarf having so much to drink before leaving the inn that the bright wizard was afraid of igniting his breath had me laughing out loud.

It almost made me forget how dark this game is. When I heard a Raki growl, "Come here, elf bitch!" it freaked me out a bit.

I've had a hard time hearing the chatter, I need to see about adjusting the voice over volume.
    I did notice them use a few terms I wasn't familiar with. I assumed it was names of the characters but that wasn't it. Might have been dwarvish!